Author Topic: Kim Ruzz Speaks  (Read 13393 times)

Offline hellrider1

• Uninvited Guest
Kim Ruzz Speaks
« on: April 24, 2007, 12:01:31 am »
Original Mercyful Fate drummer, Kim Ruzz, speaks.
Former MERCYFUL FATE drummer Kim Ruzz has sent the following update to BLABBERMOUTH.NET regarding his past and present activities:

"Yes, I became a postman for a short period, but not in the U.S. as many people think, but In Denmark. After that I took an education in the construction business and worked as foreman and calculator.

"Many stories have been told that [Michael] Denner [MERCYFUL FATE guitarist] and I couldn't stand the sight of each other, [but] it could not be more wrong. We were, and still are, best friends.

"As you know we won a Danish [Metal] music award [in November 2006]. We [attended the event] together, the four of us [Michael Denner (guitar), Hank Shermann (guitar), Timi 'Grabber' Hansen (bass) and Kim Ruzz (drums)], [as] King [Diamond] couldn't make it. And the magic was reborn. So who knows what's going to happen next?"

Offline desecrator_of_soul

• Ammit, Eater of the Dead
  • Oh Satan, I beseech thee to have mercy on my soul!
Re: Kim Ruzz Speaks
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 12:09:45 am »
Awesome to hear hear him speak up, that would be a dream if the original MF got back together!

Does anyone have any video footage of when they got that award?

Offline Tuwin

• Global Moderator
  • 18 is actually 9
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 02:55:27 am »
Good to hear from him. I am glad there is no bad blood

Offline Tri Landau

• One Of "Them"
  • I think Melissa's still with us.
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2007, 06:40:44 am »

"Yes, I became a postman for a short period, but not in the U.S. as many people think, but In Denmark. After that I took an education in the construction business and worked as foreman and calculator.

"Many stories have been told that [Michael] Denner [MERCYFUL FATE guitarist] and I couldn't stand the sight of each other, [but] it could not be more wrong. We were, and still are, best friends.

I've never heard of such a rumours before.

Offline Nibiru

• Catacomb Crawler
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 10:33:38 am »
Great news! Hopefully that magic stirs up some things and gets MF going again. Somethings are just meant to be.

Offline Hellborn Goat

• Superpostwhore
  • Goat
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 11:42:36 am »
It's stupid that a rumour about them hating each other got started in the first place, don't know how that started. As Nibiru said, it'd be great if the 'magic' results in a new MF release!
-Goat

Offline Grinder

• Deadly Lullabye
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2007, 06:06:54 pm »
A new album from the original members would be beyond cool....not to discount Mike Wead or any of the other guys, they're amazing musicians, but for MF's swan song to feature the same lineup that brought us those godly early 80's classics would be something truly special.  Especially if it turned out to be good!  :gah:

Offline Charcaroth

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2007, 02:15:12 am »
That would indeed be high excellence. King should go over to Denmark again to record that one, and pick up on the origional flavour again. If it would happen.

Wilmar

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2007, 07:12:04 am »
Now THAT would be killer...

Offline Huntsmænus

• King Of Pain
  • Putrefaction
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2007, 05:30:29 pm »
Wow, what a great little message. I guess rumors can start very quickly. Especially since this was one of the few members of both bands that seemed to be out-of-reach. There were no interviews or practically mention of him since Fate originally broke up and to the present. It was great seeing a picture of him at that wedding(from the main site). All band members looked great. And it makes me feel a little old. I'd love to hear more from Ruzz. He seems to be the most misunderstood and hard to contact member...
Resistance is inadvisable...

Offline hellrider1

• Uninvited Guest
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2007, 06:24:40 pm »
yea i remember reading king saying those other things about ruzz.did he not like being in mercyful fate that bad or what.i mean they use the excuse about budgets.as for that goes they didnt use any expensive stuff for dead again they said.went back to the basics and they could do the same now.hes just using excuses not to play in fate

Offline Patrick S Oneil

• Uninvited Guest
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2007, 11:51:17 pm »
One would hope that a major label would be interested in getting the original MF line-up back in the studio.

Wilmar

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2007, 11:55:06 pm »
They are still signed to Metal Blade for one more album. It would be about time. And what better way than to re-form MF one more time in the ORIGINAL FUCKIN' LINE UP! Hank Shermann writes all the music, King Diamond writes all the lyrics and the album has to be more satanic than Melissa and Don't Break the oath combined.

Offline Beelzebub

• The mother of postwhores!
  • SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2007, 07:55:53 am »
I still find it odd that King didn't attend that award presentation. I mean, your own country's music association gives you a lifetime achievement award and you're too busy in the studio to take a couple of days off to go to the ceremony? Doesn't he say that he records at Andy's place 'cos they don't have to pay for studio time. Then it makes no sense not to go to the awards, especially that all the other guys were there.

I'm glad Kim Ruzz can still drum.....can he?....and that he wants to play with his former bandmates. I'd like to know if it's gonna be with Mercyful Fate (and a half commited King Diamond) or with Force of Evil.
As of October 2017, number of years I've been a coven member, waiting for the dvds: 12

Offline Tri Landau

• One Of "Them"
  • I think Melissa's still with us.
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2007, 11:10:04 am »
Doesn't he say that he records at Andy's place 'cos they don't have to pay for studio time.
He did last time his vocals in Nomad studio, in Dallas, Texas. Andy did his recordings in his own studio, don't know about the rest of the band.
If I were King, the new album would be more important than some thropy for a band that doesn't exist no more.

Offline Beelzebub

• The mother of postwhores!
  • SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2007, 08:45:11 am »
If I were King, the new album would be more important than some thropy for a band that doesn't exist no more.

Exactly why I don't expect a full blown Mercyful Fate reunion anytime soon.
It's nice to know that Kim Ruzz is (apparently, at least) considering working again with those guys, but there's still a very important ingredient missing.  :king:
As of October 2017, number of years I've been a coven member, waiting for the dvds: 12

Offline manager

• Band
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2007, 02:14:41 pm »
Hi all...... :)

The rumour in question started up a week ago, apparently after a posting on Blabbermouth.
I was asked by BW&BK if i knew about it or wanted to commet on it....and replied as you see here under.
Ole Bang
 :fingers:

Posted on Tuesday, April 24, 2007 at 19:56:13 EST  
Manager Olé Bang (KING DIAMOND, CANDLEMASS, MERCYFUL FATE) has commented on the recent rumors of a possible Mercyful Fate reunion:

"I have absolutely no knowledge whatsoever about what this could be based on, except pure speculation and wishful thinking. I'm in verbal or written contact with KING (DIAMOND - singer) about once a week and have been so for the last couple of years....and this has never been brought up, even for discussion. It could be fun, it might even be great, and surely a dream of many fans, but I can not offer any word or belief that it will ever happen"

Offline Grinder

• Deadly Lullabye
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2007, 07:48:05 pm »
Hi all...... :)

The rumour in question started up a week ago, apparently after a posting on Blabbermouth.
I was asked by BW&BK if i knew about it or wanted to commet on it....and replied as you see here under.
Ole Bang
 :fingers:

Posted on Tuesday, April 24, 2007 at 19:56:13 EST  
Manager Olé Bang (KING DIAMOND, CANDLEMASS, MERCYFUL FATE) has commented on the recent rumors of a possible Mercyful Fate reunion:

"I have absolutely no knowledge whatsoever about what this could be based on, except pure speculation and wishful thinking. I'm in verbal or written contact with KING (DIAMOND - singer) about once a week and have been so for the last couple of years....and this has never been brought up, even for discussion. It could be fun, it might even be great, and surely a dream of many fans, but I can not offer any word or belief that it will ever happen"

Thanks for clearing that up, Ole....although I'm a little disappointed at the news.

Wilmar

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2007, 03:10:44 am »
Yes Ole, let us dream a little bit. That makes life so much more interesting... In the meanwhile, playing Skynyrd.

Offline vonseux

• Banshee
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2007, 10:18:11 pm »
are Kim and Time still able to play like before?   :-[