Author Topic: Samples of storyline/music  (Read 6520 times)

Offline megalodonbite

• Voodoo Priest
Samples of storyline/music
« on: May 07, 2007, 08:06:46 am »
Dont get too excited by my subject...I dont have samples.  But if you recall, King told us the storyline before Puppetmaster was released and we also had access to Blood to Walk mp3.  My question is, does anyone actually WANT this?  Or do you guys think it would better to just be surprised when you buy the album in June? 

every thing that has nipples

Offline Verienkeli

• Lurker From The Dark
  • Ruumis leikkipuistossa
    • My account in Mikseri.net (in Finnish only)
Re: Samples of storyline/music
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 08:25:00 am »
I was a bit afraid of opening this topic because at least I want definately to wait until the album gets released. Everyone spreading any more samples of storyline than what we have already heard should be hanged, drawn and quartered. It would be nice to hear some music sample in other case, but for King Diamond... nah, it's more story telling than music nowadays so better to not hear any incomplete part of the entirety.
The voice of Jouni Mömmö keeps haunting me.

Offline The Eye

• Holy Shrine
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 08:35:31 am »
Samples yes, but not too much. I'd like to get a glimpse of what's to come, but I don't want it to spoil the surprise. Maybe he could give us access to the intro? That way, we'll get a small sample of the story, possibly a small sample of the music too, and it won't give away too much about the album. Yeah, I'd like that... :D:

Offline megalodonbite

• Voodoo Priest
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 09:01:15 am »
Dont get too excited by my subject...I dont have samples.  But if you recall, King told us the storyline before Puppetmaster was released and we also had access to Blood to Walk mp3.  My question is, does anyone actually WANT this?  Or do you guys think it would better to just be surprised when you buy the album in June? 
I think I agree with you.  Of course I would LOVE to know now...but I dont want it to spoil the first listening experience.  I actually like being kept in the dark about it.  There are so many things about this album that I believe are going to be a surprise, specifically distortion, solos, etc.  I think I'd either like full access to the album or nothing at all.  But its important to discuss this topic so King and Ole can decide what to do based on what we want. 

Offline megalodonbite

• Voodoo Priest
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2007, 09:02:43 am »
Samples yes, but not too much. I'd like to get a glimpse of what's to come, but I don't want it to spoil the surprise. Maybe he could give us access to the intro? That way, we'll get a small sample of the story, possibly a small sample of the music too, and it won't give away too much about the album. Yeah, I'd like that... :D:
My last response was supposed to be linked to the above quote, and not my own.  Sorry for mistake.   :-[

Offline Hellborn Goat

• Superpostwhore
  • Goat
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2007, 02:19:25 pm »
I think it'd be good to have some advance samples. It wouldn't be spoiling anything for anyone who wants to wait until the album comes out - if someone doesn't want to spoil the surprise, then simply don't listen to the samples! But there would be an option either way.

There is the storytelling aspect which Verienkeli mentioned, which is fair enough, but it would be like the trailer to a movie in that way - you get a taster of the story but not the whole thing.

Also, it would be fun to see the diverse reactions they're bound to get on this forum. I'm sure the reactions would range from "this is amazing as I expected! Everything King does makes me cream myself!" to "this is crap as I expected! There hasn't been a decent King Diamond release since the 80's!"  :gah: Still, we'll probably see plenty of such comments when the whole album eventually comes out.
-Goat

Offline Satan's Portrait

• Ammit, Eater of the Dead
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2007, 02:32:03 pm »
I would just like to hear ONE song off the album before its release. Same with what they did with Blood To Walk before The Puppet Master came out. That would be the ultimate teaser.

I remember thinking to myself while hearing Blood To Walk: "Who is Victoria?" and "Needles with hot blood? Wow, I wonder what this story could be about. Sounds awesome" . Often, when a band decides to release individual songs for hearing, they usually don't pick the best song off the record. That could only mean that the album will sound even better than what you're listening to at the moment, especially in KD's case.

Offline maarten.

• The mother of postwhores!
  • NCS Team
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2007, 12:08:53 am »
i wouldn't want to have a sample (not because i want to wait for the actual album, hell no :P), but if you don't like that one sample (because the song has to grow on you or something, or because it's something totally different of what king did before and what you expected, or...), the chances are big that a lot of people (read: NON-diehard fans :P )will not buy the album
therefor, a little compilation would be better IMO... there are bands who do this (mostly progbands and for conceptalbums), they make a little compilation of all the songs of the album and make a mix of it, that way you can hear a part of every song but it still gives nothing away. Ayreon did it, and there are other wich i can't come up with now ::) . but i would like to have something like that, you get the feeling and atmosphere of the album without hearing a full song or knowing the storyline.

here are a few examples:

trailer of Ayreon's The Human Equation
teaser of Ayreon's The Human Equation
trailer of Amon Tobins new album

and there are also a lot more, metal and non-metal (use google). i'm sure King could make a great one, with or without some images, it would realy kick ass IMO

Neffie's penguin's

Offline megalodonbite

• Voodoo Priest
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2007, 10:06:04 am »
If the album is going to be REALLY good...I mean REALLY, REALLY good, I think I'd rather be surprised.  Satan's Portrait made a good point, they usually pick a song they think will be less popular for a sample.  I'd rather my first Give Me Your Soul experience be with a song that's going to blow me away.  Thats what Im really looking for....to get that same feeling we all felt when we hit "play" on the Abigail album back in 86 and Arrival's leads just blasting in our ears!  Remember that feeling!?!? \m/  Thats a moment I'll never forget and everytime I listen, its still just as good.  I'm not saying King pulled that off with this album, but honestly you never fuckin know dude.  What if?  King is a genius so you never know what to expect. 

Offline lightninfeet

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Pirate
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2007, 10:37:47 am »
I wanna hear a full song, and I want a detailed explaination of the story...NOW!

-I don't like waiting. :D
The new Seeing Seven album "Genesis III" out now! www.seeingseven.com

Offline Bones_xa

• Charon
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2007, 04:17:59 pm »
But if you recall, King told us the storyline before Puppetmaster was released and we also had access to Blood to Walk mp3.  My question is, does anyone actually WANT this?  Or do you guys think it would better to just be surprised when you buy the album in June? 
I would rather not hear any music or storyline info until I buy the album.
All KD albums I have bought (except for the PM) I have heard nothing before buying them. Just sat down and listened to the whole thing from start to end. Its good that way.
Im going to buy this album regardless, because I have all the other albums and they were all good.

But if there is a sample song like how there was with "Blood to walk" I'll probably listen to it anyway so I can read all your comments and keep up to date with things.

Offline Hellborn Goat

• Superpostwhore
  • Goat
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2007, 04:38:55 pm »
Thats what Im really looking for....to get that same feeling we all felt when we hit "play" on the Abigail album back in 86 and Arrival's leads just blasting in our ears!  Remember that feeling!?!? \m/  Thats a moment I'll never forget and everytime I listen, its still just as good.

Your profile says you're 29, so in 1986 you must've only been 8 or 9 years old!?
-Goat

Offline Grinder

• Deadly Lullabye
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2007, 05:06:29 pm »
People should stop posting threads with misleading titles, i.e. this one and "New pic of King without makeup".  At least put a question mark at the end so myself and others don't waste our time clicking on it.

Offline vonseux

• Banshee
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2007, 06:09:12 pm »
Your profile says you're 29, so in 1986 you must've only been 8 or 9 years old!?

there's no "PLAY" button if you're listening to vinyls back in 86

Offline megalodonbite

• Voodoo Priest
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2007, 07:04:13 am »
there's no "PLAY" button if you're listening to vinyls back in 86
Yea, I was extremely young when I first started listening to King.  I was actually referring to my tape player.  Remember those?   \m/ :D

Offline blackdevil1987

• Fatal Portrait
  • Bringing The Blood Of A Newborn Child....Yeahhh!
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2007, 03:46:08 pm »
A sample would be cool but yet again i think it would spoil the excitement. so ill wait till june. \m/

Offline Tuwin

• Global Moderator
  • 18 is actually 9
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2007, 03:47:53 pm »
I will wait

Offline Raven

• Black Devil
    • Beyond Eternal
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2007, 07:58:23 pm »
I'd rather just wait, get the disk as soon as possible and enjoy it