Author Topic: Say what you will about The Graveyard...  (Read 12971 times)

Offline Jean le Noir

• Lady In Black
  • Heavy Metal (Is The Law)
Re: Say what you will about The Graveyard...
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2012, 06:41:23 am »
Story kicks ass  \m/

Lyrics are insane and King's voice is....  :king:
There's a little old man...standing by my window

Offline bolivarmaxi

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2012, 08:15:44 am »
For me is one of the best king diamond's albums, it  is so different from the rest histories, king become a lunatic and his performance is awesome, there are some memorable songs that likes even to my mother, songs like the terrific human side of the intro, then the insanity house in black hill, waiting in the dark, heads on the wall, I'm not stranger (beautiful), sleep tight little baby, diggin graves, daddy, I am. great album I like this one more that the recently albums GMYP and TPM
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 09:55:59 am by bolivarmaxi »
BAMT

Offline Wilmar

• Deadly Lullabye
« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2012, 02:25:36 am »
The Graveyard was WAY BETTER than 'The Spiders Lullabye', but not a return to form imho. There are songs on it that are considered killer ('Heads on the Wall', 'Black Hill Sanitarium', 'I'm not a Stranger' or 'Up From the Grave') but a lot of tracks don't cut it for me, like 'Trick or Treat', 'I Am' or 'Lucy Forever'... The next album 'Voodoo' on the other hand has this creepy atmosphere, GREAT TRACKS and is easily in my top 5 favorite KD albums.

Offline johnnieczech

• Gypsy
« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2012, 04:09:49 am »
The drums on The Graveyard don't bother me. I actually like them better than on HOG (which I think has unfortunately the weakest drum patterns of all the KD records, in fact, the lame drums ruin HOG for me). I saw Anthony playing the old songs live and I think he did them justice, probably was not too comfortable in the studio.
And back to the topic, The Graveyard is very distinctive album, very different from them all. I can't say whether it's my favorite or my least favorite. It's totally different and very atmospheric.