Author Topic: "Tea" 12" promo single  (Read 1457 times)

Offline bartgabriel

• Deadly Lullabye
  • Abigail, I know you're in control of my brain...
    • Gabriel Management
"Tea" 12" promo single
« on: May 15, 2012, 06:02:32 AM »
...obviously there was "Tea" 12" released back in the day, and there were few versions available.

As far as I know, original version was on red vinyl, and in a package incl. t-shirt, bio sheet and tea bag. I heard there was also purple vinyl version, and lately one of my friends told me there was (sadly) also bootleg release in 2009...

Anyone has more info about this? How to recognize the bootleg edition? Below few pictures: different vinyl label on each of them... Anyone has an idea how to recognize the original version(s)?

Offline Owen

• Jonah
Re: "Tea" 12" promo single
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 08:29:01 AM »
The second looks fake.

Offline Mike Steele

• Fatal Portrait
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 09:03:49 AM »
My favorite topic. KD vinyl!

The original is on red vinyl and was released - as you say - "back in the days". The first two pictures above show the official version. Quite a lot copies were sent out without any additional stuff, except maybe a promo letter. A very limited amount were sent out with tea-bag, tea-shirt and promo letter and the complete set is now one of the rarest item for the KD collector. During the last 6-7 years I have never seen a complete set for sale on ebay (and I check ebay 3 times a day). I have seen a complete set for sale one time (not on ebay). The most difficult thing is to find the tea-bag. A few times I have seen semi-complete sets go on ebay, perhaps three times the set minus the teabag and two times the set minus the tea-shirt.

There is no official purple vinyl version. This is a bootleg released a few years ago in 260 copies in total + a testpress in 5 copies. The teabag does not look like the original version. The third picture above shows this purple vinyl. There are three versions of this with different label combinations on the vinyl...

Hope that helps a bit. If you want pictures you can look at my collection at

http://www.recordnerds.se/king-diamond-and-mercyful-fate-vinyl-collection-t1091.html?sid=4dec0635c2ee85e2b4a398036b46c31a
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 09:04:47 AM by Mike Steele »

Offline bartgabriel

• Deadly Lullabye
  • Abigail, I know you're in control of my brain...
    • Gabriel Management
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 11:08:51 AM »
Thanks for the explanation, makes sense...!

Now I need to take some pills as I almost got heart attack after seeing pictures of your collection...! Amazing! I'm happy to see there are some other vinyl freaks, especially when they have bigger collections than my one, haha!

\m/