Author Topic: oh hell no read this  (Read 19090 times)

Offline paulcoz

• Mandrake
Re: oh hell no read this
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2007, 07:28:34 am »
I wouldn't pay too much attention to this guy. Only two of his song comments have anything to do with the music on The Puppet Master (which he obviously doesn't like), the rest is just ranting (or trolling?). His disparaging comments about the main character ('twat') are hardly necessary/relevant and unprofessional. He seems to be homophobic. He compares the album to Abigail and Them, yet KD's music has changed markedly over the years from straight-forward metal to the more theatrical-metal genre he developed on The Spider's Lullabye and The Graveyard (as Verienkeli says). His not mentioning this disparity between the 80s and 90s (and later) albums demonstrates a lack of knowledge of the band's history. He says that No More Me is simply sensationalism, yet when I listen to the song it is extremely evocative (of documentations of torture) and moving: I love King's vocals. :P Horatio is clueless...

He likes St. Anger, but for the wrong reasons. None of the songs on that record (including Frantic, which is one of the better songs IMO) can compete with Battery or Blackened as he says. What a fucking joke of a comment! It's a notable album because it doesn't have any of the less aggressive, extremely boring material that killed the band on Load and Reload (and some would say, The Black Album). There are a few good songs (by Metallica's count, four), but it can't compare to the consistency of their first four albums. It's definitely not a case of the record being so good and true that the "mainstream" (as if I'm too mainstream or foolish to understand it...haha) don't get it...it's simply sub-par compared to Metallica's earlier efforts.

Looks like he wanted a reaction...and he got it! >:D
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 07:51:36 am by paulcoz »
Paulcoz.

Offline Verienkeli

• Lurker From The Dark
  • Ruumis leikkipuistossa
    • My account in Mikseri.net (in Finnish only)
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2007, 09:14:08 am »
and anyone who says that doesnt know metal worth a crap

Haha, your reaction towards everyone who disagrees with you, or worse, is even right when you're wrong? And the guys of Metallica really have big egos, but nevertheless it didn't effect St. Anger in anyway, so does it matter at all? St. Anger isn't shit, if they had done some Overload, THAT would have been shit. St. Anger is really METAL, not any kind of melodic and soft crap which is sold as metal only because it has fukkin' distortion! Metal is a feeling, and St. Anger truly has that feeling, which most of nowadays so-called metal bands have lost - like Metallica lost it in the 90's. I would say that you've lost it too, but I don't think you have ever had it..
The voice of Jouni Mömmö keeps haunting me.

Offline The Eye

• Holy Shrine
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2007, 10:23:19 am »
Metal is a feeling, and St. Anger truly has that feeling, which most of nowadays so-called metal bands have lost - like Metallica lost it in the 90's. I would say that you've lost it too, but I don't think you have ever had it..

Metal is not a feeling. Metal is a music genre. The natural evolution of the sound pioneered by Black Sabbath, which itself was the natural evolution of Blues Rock. These are the FACTS. It has nothing to do with emotions. Nobody cares if some pimply-faced teenage boy from Alaska feels angst when he listens to My Chemical Romance, and rightly so, because it's not relevant to anyone but himself. And it sure doesn't make My Chemical Romance metal... :gah:

Stop trying to force your views on everyone.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 10:52:00 am by The Eye »

Offline The Eye

• Holy Shrine
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2007, 10:49:41 am »
Good Formula over and over again = kick ass music over and over again

Changing the Formula for no reason = St. Anger (complete shit)

Well, I might be the only one here, but I usually LOVE it when a band experiments outside their formula. It can have very interesting results (Rage's symphonic albums, Kreator's gothic/industrial period, Ulver's newer stuff, etc). Sure, experiments can turn wrong, but when to they turn right, boy do they turn right!! :D:

Offline Verienkeli

• Lurker From The Dark
  • Ruumis leikkipuistossa
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2007, 11:48:41 am »
Metal is not a feeling. Metal is a music genre. The natural evolution of the sound pioneered by Black Sabbath, which itself was the natural evolution of Blues Rock. These are the FACTS. It has nothing to do with emotions. Nobody cares if some pimply-faced teenage boy from Alaska feels angst when he listens to My Chemical Romance, and rightly so, because it's not relevant to anyone but himself. And it sure doesn't make My Chemical Romance metal... :gah:

Stop trying to force your views on everyone.

*sigh* So it's allright to expose your views, but only if they are the same as you and people like you (which seems to be a quite a lot of people..) have? But you do have a strange idea on forcing... I'm not saying that everyone should like St. Anger, but I like it and I'm not afraid to say it. It's OK to hate that album, but hate it for the right reason. Hate it because of the riffs, vocals, production, lyrics, song-titles, Metallica's image or fukkin' because Hammett reminds you too much about hamsters - but don't say that it's not metal, that's so far from the objective truth. And most of all, "stop trying to force your views on everyone".
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 12:04:13 pm by Verienkeli »

Offline Bones_xa

• Charon
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2007, 02:02:21 am »
This guy says the puppet master is crap album, and some other people said here its not so good album?
Huh?
Whatever.
IMO it was a great album!

As for St. Anger goes, I never heard it and I dont care to either. I gave up Metallica a long time ago.
I know I wont like it without even having to hear it! In fact I have heard some Metallica songs on the radio by accident (dont know what album theyre from or whats the names) and I dont like them.

Offline Idol

• Up From The Grave
    • Buchatskyy.com
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2007, 09:35:09 am »
IMO "The Puppet Master" is one the greatest KD albums of all times! I like "Abigal", "Them", "Conspiracy" and "The Eye" more, but I think just because they were HOT at the moment I listened KD for the first time. I have to many great memories related to these early releases to love some KD album more than those :) But anyway "TPM" is a brilliant work!
And about "St.Anger"... I was a Metallica fan until "Load" was released... After the black album of 1991 it sounded like... crap. No, wait a second, sorry, my mistake - it sounded like CRAAAAAAPPPP!!!!  >:( Then "Re-Load of Shit" came out and I forgot about this band. They cut the hair, started to dress like "Limp Bizkit" or some local used car sellers and they betrayed their fans. And so Jason Newsted said when he left the band. "Metallica" was a band that REALLY could make something to spread metal music around the globe, but instead of this they recorded this piece of shit "St.Anger". Yeah, sure, they got real money, now little girls love them and Avril Lavigne sings their songs on fucking MTV, but they are losers. They lose their own game, their own style, their own fans. Well... love their early albums anyway  :cool:
Living well is the best revenge! (c) Gene Simmons

Offline The Eye

• Holy Shrine
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2007, 10:13:39 am »
*sigh* So it's allright to expose your views, but only if they are the same as you and people like you (which seems to be a quite a lot of people..) have?

I'm not forcing my view on anyone. I'm simply stating the objective facts: metal is a music genre. Denying that is like denying the existence of dinosaurs...it's really pointless.

But you do have a strange idea on forcing... I'm not saying that everyone should like St. Anger, but I like it and I'm not afraid to say it. It's OK to hate that album, but hate it for the right reason. Hate it because of the riffs, vocals, production, lyrics, song-titles, Metallica's image or fukkin' because Hammett reminds you too much about hamsters - but don't say that it's not metal, that's so far from the objective truth.

When did I ever say that?

Offline Verienkeli

• Lurker From The Dark
  • Ruumis leikkipuistossa
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2007, 11:32:59 am »
I'm not forcing my view on anyone. I'm simply stating the objective facts: metal is a music genre. Denying that is like denying the existence of dinosaurs...it's really pointless.

I didn't mean those, I am just saying that I have my own opinion on St. Anger which you obviously can't tolerate. Which is something I completely can't understand, why are you saying "Stop trying to force your views on everyone" when I say my opinion? Do you say that to everyone who has a different opinion than you?

When did I ever say that?

Oh sorry, my bad, I edited that post of mine and I didn't think about the overall too much after it. After that "But you do have a strange idea on forcing..." what I say isn't meant to you especially, it was more like to everyone who reads it. In Finnish there wouldn't have been that mistake 'cause I would have been writing it in a different form, but English doesn't use that form... Not good to just translate thoughts from a language to another.

Offline Tri Landau

• One Of "Them"
  • I think Melissa's still with us.
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2007, 01:52:46 pm »
They cut the hair :cool:
What's wrong with haircutting?

Offline TallicA_dude

• Unclean Spirit
    • myspace page
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2007, 02:47:03 pm »
and what the fuck does all this shit have to do with King Diamond? goddamn get over the whole St. Anger thing! Jesus! ::)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 02:48:58 pm by TallicA_dude »
"Drink, Drink Girl, Drink The Chickens Blood. Drink, Drink Girl, Drink And Feed The Gods!!!"

Offline Hellborn Goat

• Superpostwhore
  • Goat
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2007, 03:18:18 pm »
What's wrong with haircutting?

In itself, nothing at all really. But it's a shame when it's done as a blatant attempt to change image and try to appeal to a different audience. Much as I like Paradise Lost, they did the same thing - when Metal became less popular, they watered down the heaviness in the music and cut their hair. Now Metal's popular again, they brought back the heavy guitars - and have long hair again!
-Goat

Offline Tri Landau

• One Of "Them"
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2007, 03:32:39 pm »
Only Kirk has a long hair now... ::) And is it like_totally_impossible, that they just wanted to cut their hair for no reason?

Offline Mortuary

• Deadly Lullabye
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2007, 03:47:11 pm »
Because long hair is the stereotype of a metal artist. It's not wrong cutting your hair as long as the music doesn't suffer. But having long hair is like a gimmick. It's what you associate with metal musicians most of the time.

Offline The Eye

• Holy Shrine
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2007, 06:34:32 pm »
I didn't mean those, I am just saying that I have my own opinion on St. Anger which you obviously can't tolerate. Which is something I completely can't understand, why are you saying "Stop trying to force your views on everyone" when I say my opinion? Do you say that to everyone who has a different opinion than you?

Well, you implied that we don't know shit about metal because we like melodic bands and we don't get St-Anger's so-called "feeling". Calling people ignorant because they don't feel like you do is...yeah...forcing your view on everyone.

I don't care if the music I listen to doesn't offend my parents, doesn't give me the "metal feeling", or doesn't have "a prison gang rape as a backdrop". It's still metal. And I am a metalhead. End of the story.

Offline The Eye

• Holy Shrine
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2007, 07:02:52 pm »
It's not wrong cutting your hair as long as the music doesn't suffer.

LOL, the way you phrased that, you make it sound like cutting your hair can affect the music.

I can just see that now: "I didn't want to sell out, the short hair made do it!!!" :D
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 07:05:53 pm by The Eye »

Offline Mortuary

• Deadly Lullabye
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2007, 10:19:47 pm »
hahaha! Yeah I meant changing the whole gimmick. Appearance and music.

Offline Tri Landau

• One Of "Them"
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2007, 10:20:28 pm »
No one was bitching when King cut his hair.

Offline maarten.

• The mother of postwhores!
  • NCS Team
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2007, 11:04:49 pm »
it affected samson, no? :(

sometimes i realy don't get why people cut their hair, but that's probable just me (and all this has nothing to do with king or MF btw :gah:)

Neffie's penguin's

Offline hellrider1

• Uninvited Guest
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2007, 06:42:10 am »
imo  a blatent attemp to change immage is right.
jason talked all about how he couldnt put up with it anymore after he left.
the fact that metallica was not metallica anymore.
and how sad it was that they were touring with "nu-metal bands"
personaly the way their musics changed makes me feel like reacting as those people who were at that trivuim concert throwing piss on them lol.
as for king he hasnt really changed much.he keeps making better and better albums without selling out.thats the point its still "Real Metal" true to self as king allways says.
Metallica is not being true to self.
They changed to make more money and get more radio play.

Offline megalodonbite

• Voodoo Priest
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2007, 07:47:29 am »
Metallica is not being true to self.
They changed to make more money and get more radio play.
You know what's really sad?  They would probably make more money if they actually DIDNT sell out.  Hell, give me another Ride the Lightning...I'd buy it.  But that will never happen.  King will not and would not ever sell out because he cares more about respect and his music then publicity bullshit.   :king:

every thing that has nipples

Offline Verienkeli

• Lurker From The Dark
  • Ruumis leikkipuistossa
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2007, 08:13:10 am »
Well, you implied that we don't know shit about metal because we like melodic bands and we don't get St-Anger's so-called "feeling". Calling people ignorant because they don't feel like you do is...yeah...forcing your view on everyone.

I don't care if the music I listen to doesn't offend my parents, doesn't give me the "metal feeling", or doesn't have "a prison gang rape as a backdrop". It's still metal. And I am a metalhead. End of the story.

Oh fukk you. Guess I was just talking to deaf ears...

Offline Tri Landau

• One Of "Them"
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2007, 09:28:27 am »
You know what's really sad?  They would probably make more money if they actually DIDNT sell out.  Hell, give me another Ride the Lightning...I'd buy it.  But that will never happen.  King will not and would not ever sell out because he cares more about respect and his music then publicity bullshit.   :king:
You use thet "sell out" only because they don''t make music you want them to make, now that is something that is sad. ::)

Offline megalodonbite

• Voodoo Priest
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2007, 10:30:35 am »
You use thet "sell out" only because they don''t make music you want them to make, now that is something that is sad. ::)

Ahh, you're right they dont play the music I want to hear, and there is also nothing sad about stating my opinion.  It is what it is.   ::)

every thing that has nipples

Offline Verienkeli

• Lurker From The Dark
  • Ruumis leikkipuistossa
« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2007, 11:14:00 am »
"Oh hell don't read this" would be a title closer to what this topic has become  ::)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 11:15:41 am by Verienkeli »