Author Topic: oh hell no read this  (Read 18410 times)

Offline megalodonbite

• Voodoo Priest
Re: oh hell no read this
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2007, 11:59:08 am »
"Oh hell don't read this" would be a title closer to what this topic has become  ::)
I agree, you are probably right.  :D: Let's switch back to that disgusting review of Puppet Master.  Disgraceful is the only word. 

every thing that has nipples

Offline Hellborn Goat

• Superpostwhore
  • Goat
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2007, 12:55:37 pm »
Back to the topic, then... I think the reviewer is perfectly entitled to his opinion, and it's really not THAT big a deal - he simply could've expressed his dislike in a slightly more mature manner. As paulcoz said, some of his remarks were a bit unprofessional, and seem to be more about getting a cheap laugh from the readers than taking time to give a fair criticism of the album. So, an unfortunate review in the way it was written, but not quite enough to lynch the guy over...
-Goat

Offline maarten.

• The mother of postwhores!
  • NCS Team
« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2007, 01:04:49 pm »
i still think he should get lynched :gah:
imo, a review must be full of constructive critisism (good or bad), so if a reviewer comes up with things like "this piece of shit is even worser then a hotdog coming out of one of Queens fat bottom girls" or "this album is the best thing ever",.... how the hell can a person who hasn't heared anything of that band knows if he/she whould buy it, or at least give it a listen...?
so, to all the reviewers: if you don't like something, say why you dislike it, if you like something, say why it is that good, otherwise, better shut the fuck up, because in the end you only hurt the buyer/ non-buyer in stead of the musicians

Neffie's penguin's

Offline megalodonbite

• Voodoo Priest
« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2007, 02:38:33 pm »
Back to the topic, then... I think the reviewer is perfectly entitled to his opinion, and it's really not THAT big a deal - he simply could've expressed his dislike in a slightly more mature manner. As paulcoz said, some of his remarks were a bit unprofessional, and seem to be more about getting a cheap laugh from the readers than taking time to give a fair criticism of the album. So, an unfortunate review in the way it was written, but not quite enough to lynch the guy over...
I hear you dude.  Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but it was the WAY he went about it and the specific comparisons.  I mean, come on!  You cant consider this constructive criticism:
"If they made a video for this it would have King nude with a little drum while he bangs it in the snow chirping along to that tune while the rest of the band attempts the Scorpion's human pyramid in the background."
Lets all just give this prick one big FUCK YOU from all of us!  Review this:  :fingers:

Offline Hellborn Goat

• Superpostwhore
  • Goat
« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2007, 02:47:51 pm »
maarten and megalodonbite, well we do seem to agree anyway, that it was the way he expressed it rather than just the fact he didn't like it.. The examples you gave go along with what I said about it probably being written with the intention of "getting a cheap laugh from the readers (rather) than taking time to give a fair criticism of the album".
-Goat

Offline The Eye

• Holy Shrine
« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2007, 02:51:14 pm »
As paulcoz said, some of his remarks were a bit unprofessional

A "bit" unprofessional? LOL, he doesn't say shit about the album at all; all he does is insult King over and over again. Does that even classify as a proper review?

Offline Mortuary

• Deadly Lullabye
« Reply #56 on: May 14, 2007, 07:35:20 pm »
This was the most biased review ever.

Wilmar

« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2007, 03:39:40 am »
You start a review with introducing the thing that is going to be reviewed. At first you mention the positive aspects of the reviewed thing. You build up an argument. After that you mention the negative aspects, and also build up an argument. The conclusion is drawn based on the arguments made for good and bad of the thing reviewed.

At first it is very difficult to review art. Since art requires a personal taste, you cannot expect that everyone will share your opinion (a review stays an opinion). A lot of reviewers on the other hand think that they are some kind of God and try to lay down the law for others. Mostly reviewers are people who are unsuccesfull in the music bizz themselves, and start to take cracks at other's achievements.

It's something like a moderator who takes down your posts because you say something they don't like.

I have the new KD in pre-order and depending on what I think of it, it may be the last album I'll ever buy from KD. Unless the quality of the songs is beyond doubt. And seeing that Andy wrote five of them, I might be persuaded to buy the next album as well. The 'live' album will never have a place in my CD-cabinet (unless I find it for 5 euro's).

Offline megalodonbite

• Voodoo Priest
« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2007, 06:09:59 am »
The 'live' album will never have a place in my CD-cabinet (unless I find it for 5 euro's).
I have heard you say that you dont like the live album (Deadly Lullibies, I assume) before.  Just out of curiosity, what is it about the album that you dislike so much? 

Offline Verienkeli

• Lurker From The Dark
  • Ruumis leikkipuistossa
    • My account in Mikseri.net (in Finnish only)
« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2007, 07:32:34 am »
A lot of reviewers on the other hand think that they are some kind of God and try to lay down the law for others. Mostly reviewers are people who are unsuccesfull in the music bizz themselves, and start to take cracks at other's achievements.

It's something like a moderator who takes down your posts because you say something they don't like.

You have quite cynical view on reviewers.. That dude who wrote that piece of crap WAS NOT a reviewer. He didn't have a clue on how to make an objective review. But I'd say that most of the reviewers are doing a good job as they can give some advice on what CD's are worth of buying. But that's only for new bands, I don't give a damn what people say on the next KD album, I'll buy it anyway, like all the other new albums which are made by bands I already like. But I still hope that that dude won't do a review of Give Me Your Soul... Please, it just feels unfair when an album gets beaten to the ground just because "reviewer" has a bad day... or life.
The voice of Jouni Mömmö keeps haunting me.