Author Topic: does mercyful fate still exists?  (Read 13749 times)

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
  • If thine eyes decieve thee, pluck them out!
Re: does mercyful fate still exists?
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2013, 06:37:17 pm »
This was the only part 0f this post that made any sense to me but then again , I guesss this was aimed at you KoTR so you tell me ?  I know damn well Timi can still play unless he wasnt plugged in at the Metallica thingy . :smileok:
Actualy fond that whole post to be rediculous, and kind of insulting. King FUCKING  Diamond isn't on his last leg, and has been busting his ass to get back to doing what he does best. I really think it's a good thing I am no mod, I'd be too ban happy right about now. I find that last coment one of the more insutling ones I have read around here in a very long time. The man almost fucking died, and has just got back on track with a new record deal/label, been doing festivals, and lets not forget the amount of work he's done just to get healthy again. But yeah he's on his last leg. Might as well shoot him!

Fucking weak ass statement GTFO!

Offline KingOfTheRotten

• The King Of Diamonds
  • WHOA YAEE!!!
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2013, 01:35:33 am »
I can't get his new version of DBtLD video to actually play, and the pix show what I expect a garage band to look like.  But let's say he is now playing drums again albeit it at an amatuer level.  He's got a long way to go to play for a few hundred thousand at a show like Wacken, no?
A 70s hardrock tribute band.  Much as I adore Michael's work this trickbag isn't even on par with Zoser Me will be my guess.  I'll buy it, direct from MD if at all possible, but I'll lay dollars to doughnuts this won't come close to his work in KD or FoE, much less MF.
  Demonica was quite average and his stint with Volbeat is long over.  Hank, however, I have not doubt about.  If there ever is a MF re-reunion he will be the guy that makes it as good as it could be.  That dude still has riffs in him. (and you can quote me on that)
The KD train is running fast??????  Fast to where?
KotR, you've been here a long time, long as I, and I know that.  But you must know that KD is on his last legs and that MF is all but a shadow of the past, much as we all wish it weren't true.
We might get a new KD album, and if we're lucky a brief MF reunion, but mostly all we're gonna see is 'what could have been' posts, here.
I have personally talked with Kim Ruzz a while ago, and know for a fact that he can still play the drums. Playing at an amateur level these days doesn't make you less good at your instrument, and I am sure that he would be able to play for big audiences as well. There are many amateurs that are excelent musicians, yet they are amateurs because you're not a pro musician until you actually make money of your music.

Why should Trickbag be compared to Zosers Mes? It has nothing to do with that. Trickbag is a fun 70s project that Mr. Denner is using a shitload of time and money for. I can asure you that he's in top shape when it comes to guitar playing. And wasn't his style in KD and MF VERY 70s inspired? You have ssen and heard him play MF with Metallica and again at Sweden Rock, and it is pretty obvious that he is still an amazing guitar player and can pull what he used to off as well. Whether Trickbag is going to be as good as KD, FoE or MF is a matter of taste. Many would probably say the opposite that Trickbag is better. Regardless it shows that he is still in the business, and the same goes for Kim Ruzz and Shermann. Whether you like their music or not or whether you find them professional or not doesn't matter. They're still doing their thing.

If you can't see that the KD train is running extremely fast right now, then you would need glasses my good sir. Like KINGdom said, Kim almost died last year and has had a mayor back injury. It is pure luck that he is here right now. When he returned he made a deal for 3 more KD albums with the total freedom that most other bands doesn't get. They're doing a festival tour this summer, including a few venue shows. They have changed the entire live setting to a big amazing setting, and they're probably going to announce a North American tour sometime here in the autumm, as well as the first album is probably going to be in the works already next year.

I am fairly sure that King enjoys doing what he is doing, and he pretty much sounds better than ever and says at least himself that it has been years since he have had it this easy to sing his songs, as well as he is living a much better life with a better diet.

Is this the last leg? It probably is. King isn't getting younger, and he is the one who could NEVER be replaced by anyone. But then again you see a guy like Dio. He went strong (he was amazing in his last years!) until he died at what? 67? King is going to turn what? 57? If he goes on the same was as Dio and with his new lifestyle he will hopefully live a hell of a lot longer and get to retire at some point and not pass away. I would say that if you call this standing on his last leg, remember he has contracts that he himself signed for 3 more albums. Those will probably be released within a period of what? 5-10 years? With a shitload of touring as well, cause he has now proven to himself and the world that he is still going strong. He isn't going away any time soon I can asure you that!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 02:18:26 am by KingOfTheRotten »

Offline Zombie

• Desecrator Of Souls
  • Those now eating, will soon be eaten.
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2013, 01:56:13 am »
Well put KotR
and...
Amen :king:
29.4.2006 Pakkahuone -Tampere-Finland
28.6.2013 Tuska Open Air -Helsinki-Finland

Offline Ericfg

• Black Horseman
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2013, 04:25:27 pm »
Wow!  No intention to spam, but I *am* glad I stirred the pot a bit, good to know there are still real MF fans out there.

I have personally talked with Kim Ruzz a while ago, and know for a fact that he can still play the drums. Playing at an amateur level these days doesn't make you less good at your instrument, and I am sure that he would be able to play for big audiences as well. There are many amateurs that are excelent musicians, yet they are amateurs because you're not a pro musician until you actually make money of your music.
You are right, at least I hope so.  My point is/was that he might be a little rusty.  You say he can still pull off the old MF material?  I need more than your word on that to believe it.  Can he still do the legendary ACw/oS breakdown?

Why should Trickbag be compared to Zosers <sic> Mes <sic>? It has nothing to do with that.
I suspect it does.  I havent heard it yet but I assume it's 70s HR worship,  Not that there's anything wrong with that, but ZM was similar at the very least.

Trickbag is a fun 70s project that Mr. Denner is using a shitload of time and money for
I don't get this.  Trickbag may or may not be a "fun, 70s project" much like ZM or Gutrix. But Hank or Michael are NOT 'using shitloads of time and money' on these projects.  Neither of them, to my knowledge, have "shitloads of... money".  I suspect both make music because they enjoying doing so, and to pay afew bills if the get lucky enough to sell enough records.

I can asure you that he's in top shape when it comes to guitar playing. And wasn't his style in KD and MF VERY 70s inspired? You have ssen and heard him play MF with Metallica and again at Sweden Rock, and it is pretty obvious that he is still an amazing guitar player and can pull what he used to off as well. Whether Trickbag is going to be as good as KD, FoE or MF is a matter of taste. Many would probably say the opposite that Trickbag is better. Regardless it shows that he is still in the business, and the same goes for Kim Ruzz and Shermann. Whether you like their music or not or whether you find them professional or not doesn't matter. They're still doing their thing.
I think we can both agree here; we both admire Denner, Shermann, Hansen and Ruzz for all their work.  That's why we're here and that's why we are such die-hard MF/KD fans; because their music is *always* good, to us.

If you can't see that the KD train is running extremely fast right now, then you would need glasses my good sir. Like KINGdom said, Kim almost died last year and has had a mayor back injury. It is pure luck that he is here right now. When he returned he made a deal for 3 more KD albums with the total freedom that most other bands doesn't get. They're doing a festival tour this summer, including a few venue shows. They have changed the entire live setting to a big amazing setting, and they're probably going to announce a North American tour sometime here in the autumm, as well as the first album is probably going to be in the works already next year.
I can agree with the first part but the last sentance is pure speculation.  Metal Blade is NOT know for shelling out bucks for "big amazing settings" much less promoting their artists and that IS a fact.  Do I wish KD could do stadium tours with "big amazing settings"?  Of course.  Would I like to see a KD show here in the US?  No question  In my opinion the reality is Metal Blade might pay for an article or two in Blabbermouth and then send the band on a tour of the usual dive bars that metal bands, these days, all seem to play in.  Like they have been for the last 10 years.
Oh, and how about those live DVDs that have been promised for 10+ years?  If one's train was really running at anything more than a slow crawl wouldn't the release of one or both of those be the ideal start to full blown comeback or at least be used to generate a little interest in a band, maybe for a real label push?  I think selling those would raise a LOT of interest and generate talk about niche band that's still soldiering on after so many years.  Maybe pay Lars a few Sheckles to gush about it?  We saw what that Guitar Hero release did for interest in MF/KD; it provided a short but solid spike in interest, talk and most importantly *sales*.  But right now the only interest is a few hardened fans sniping at each other about what could be.  Not a fast-running train at all, IMO.

I would say that if you call this standing on his last leg, remember he has contracts that he himself signed for 3 more albums. Those will probably be released within a period of what? 5-10 years? With a shitload of touring as well, cause he has now proven to himself and the world that he is still going strong. He isn't going away any time soon I can asure you that!
Three albums in the next ten years?  That's a "train running extremely fast"????  To me that is exactly what we have now; One band (not MF), King, plus a great guy who's now more interested in producing than playing (Andy) and a bunch of local schmuks who can read the music that KD writes for them releasing fair-to-good albums while Denner and Shermann are ignored.

In my own humble opinion that fast train mentioned has long passed all those involved by with a brief stop In The Shadows.  In 2013 and beyond all we will get is bits and pieces of greatness, much as we've seen the last 15 years or so.

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2013, 05:59:03 pm »
Wow! You went from bad to worse, and you say no spam intended? But then you call the KD band "a bunch of local schmucks"? WTF is your deal dude?

And yeah, 3 albums in 10 years is about the norm with releasing albums. Maybe you're just used to the old days when he was putting out an album with both bands, but it's obvious thats not going to happen. And the whole 10 year part was complete speculation anyways, not like it's gospel coming directly from Kings mouth.

And then you bring up the DVD shit. If you've been around and read anything, you would know that he was working very hard of those, decided that they couldn't get them to a high enough standard to release as a DVD, and it would have ended up being a high quality bootleg at best. Or something like that, so everyone needs to quit bringing up the freakin DVD's.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 05:59:28 pm by Satans KINGdom »

Offline Zombie

• Desecrator Of Souls
  • Those now eating, will soon be eaten.
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2013, 11:47:33 pm »
WOW! ...and i thought that this topic was "does Mercyful Fate still exist"... perhaps it's time to end this and start a new topic titled "Bitch and whine about King Diamond" ::) if anyone's interested.
29.4.2006 Pakkahuone -Tampere-Finland
28.6.2013 Tuska Open Air -Helsinki-Finland

Offline johnnieczech

• Gypsy
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2013, 09:42:13 am »
well, the last time I checked, there has been a full blown European tour with this "big amazing settings", most of the shows were headlining the big festivals, and KD played to shitloads of people. Don't see any reason why this wouldn't work in the US.

Offline johnnieczech

• Gypsy
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2013, 05:51:00 am »
Plus, the current band has been stable for ten years, which cannot be compared to any other KD lineup. Hal Patino from the most beloved lineup is still there and he kicks ass on bass, Mike Wead is the best second guitarist KD has ever had - I sometimes think he might actually be a little better guitarist than Andy  :idea: Matt Thompson is probably not the best drummer he's ever had, but he's coming close  :diabo_do_msn:

Offline KingOfTheRotten

• The King Of Diamonds
  • WHOA YAEE!!!
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2013, 02:32:11 am »
Wow!  No intention to spam, but I *am* glad I stirred the pot a bit, good to know there are still real MF fans out there.
 You are right, at least I hope so.  My point is/was that he might be a little rusty.  You say he can still pull off the old MF material?  I need more than your word on that to believe it.  Can he still do the legendary ACw/oS breakdown?.
I am pretty damn sure that he could get there.

I suspect it does.  I havent heard it yet but I assume it's 70s HR worship,  Not that there's anything wrong with that, but ZM was similar at the very least.
I don't get this.  Trickbag may or may not be a "fun, 70s project" much like ZM or Gutrix. But Hank or Michael are NOT 'using shitloads of time and money' on these projects.  Neither of them, to my knowledge, have "shitloads of... money".  I suspect both make music because they enjoying doing so, and to pay afew bills if the get lucky enough to sell enough records.
But does that make it impossible for them to play Mercyful Fate? I don't get where this sentence is supposed to be leading? Michael is making a living out of his record store, even though he is not there all the time. He is just having fun playing music, just like he did when he played in Mercyful Fate.

I can agree with the first part but the last sentance is pure speculation.  Metal Blade is NOT know for shelling out bucks for "big amazing settings" much less promoting their artists and that IS a fact.  Do I wish KD could do stadium tours with "big amazing settings"?  Of course.  Would I like to see a KD show here in the US?  No question  In my opinion the reality is Metal Blade might pay for an article or two in Blabbermouth and then send the band on a tour of the usual dive bars that metal bands, these days, all seem to play in.  Like they have been for the last 10 years.
Oh, and how about those live DVDs that have been promised for 10+ years?  If one's train was really running at anything more than a slow crawl wouldn't the release of one or both of those be the ideal start to full blown comeback or at least be used to generate a little interest in a band, maybe for a real label push?  I think selling those would raise a LOT of interest and generate talk about niche band that's still soldiering on after so many years.  Maybe pay Lars a few Sheckles to gush about it?  We saw what that Guitar Hero release did for interest in MF/KD; it provided a short but solid spike in interest, talk and most importantly *sales*.  But right now the only interest is a few hardened fans sniping at each other about what could be.  Not a fast-running train at all, IMO.
Have you noticed what the King is doing right now? No Metal Blade did not pay a dime for the stage they have these days, they payed for that themselves, and if you haven't been following what has happened I will bring you up to date. The new stage setting looks in-fucking-credible!
If you had seen the things King have said you would know that the band isn't going to compromise anymore. They won't be playing a venue that can't have their whole stage setup.
The DVDs was cancelled quite a while ago, but you didn't notice? King didn't want to release it because it would, as mentioned somewhere here as well, be a high quality bootleg, and he wouldn't release anything that wasn't good enough.
Three albums in the next ten years?  That's a "train running extremely fast"????  To me that is exactly what we have now; One band (not MF), King, plus a great guy who's now more interested in producing than playing (Andy) and a bunch of local schmuks who can read the music that KD writes for them releasing fair-to-good albums while Denner and Shermann are ignored.

In my own humble opinion that fast train mentioned has long passed all those involved by with a brief stop In The Shadows.  In 2013 and beyond all we will get is bits and pieces of greatness, much as we've seen the last 15 years or so.
That's pretty standard releasing albums like that. It's only speculations, but I don't think you can expect any band to release a new album each year or every second year anymore.
That's very speculative of you to think that Andy is more interessted in producing than playing. I would like to know where you came to such a conclusion? And wow local schmuks? Is that Hal Patino, Matt Thompson, Mike Wead and Livia Zita you call that? They might not get credit for writting, but they are doing their own things. Mike is writting all his solos, and I beleive he wrote some stuff on GMYS...P as well. Hal is writting his basslines and Matt is of course deciding most of the drumming. There is a reason why King isn't just recording everything himself, and just using them as live musicians.

And how are both Shermann and Denner ignored? They aren't a part of the KD camp anymore, and Hank never were. I am sure they will both be part of a MF reunion if that happens.

You really think that there only has been a few bits of greatness in albums such as the Puppet Master, Abigail II and GMYS...P? I feel sorry for you man :)

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2013, 11:08:07 am »
Don't see any reason why this wouldn't work in the US.
Cuz most of the US don't know what good metal is and would rather go see shit bands with no talent. I hope it works in the US and he comes with the same stage and show, but I am sure he will get stuck in small venues and will have to scale down the stage show just like the first and only time I saw him on the Voodoo tour.

Doesn't matter to me really, King still ranks as one of the best shows I've seen, even in that little rinky dink place I saw him in.  :king:

Offline johnnieczech

• Gypsy
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2013, 06:45:07 am »
Cuz most of the US don't know what good metal is and would rather go see shit bands with no talent. I hope it works in the US and he comes with the same stage and show, but I am sure he will get stuck in small venues and will have to scale down the stage show just like the first and only time I saw him on the Voodoo tour.

Doesn't matter to me really, King still ranks as one of the best shows I've seen, even in that little rinky dink place I saw him in.  :king:

You think it's that bad? Couldn't it work as a "package tour" with few other bands?

Offline Grace

• Lurker From The Dark
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2013, 11:06:15 am »
It would be very hard for him to pull off here in the US what he is pulling off in Europe. The metal community in Europe is more loyal to enduring bands, whereas the US market is extremely fickle and tends to go with the current.

He could probably do a dozen or so shows, but not to the extent he did in Europe, and not without the support of some sort of release or another major act.

I still say Asia is an untapped market for KD, but I realize the logistics are too expensive for the full scale live set, or to even make it financially viable, as one would have to fly between gigs. On the flip side, though; he could probably fill larger venues. South America as well. Europe is, and will always be, more of a home turf market for King's music and shows, though. Having been to his shows both in the US and in various places in Europe, there is just a different vibe in the crowd. European crowds come in King makeup, with King or MF shirts, and bang their heads off - whereas the US crowd shows up in Killswitch Engage shirts, stays at the back of the venue, waiting for "Sleepless Nights" and really don't think of it as much more than an interesting night out.

As for the beef about MF's "to be or not to be" situation... I have a feeling the days of MF are pretty much over, other than to be revived as a "best of" band to tour once or twice more. Maybe a live DVD or something like that, but I don't see any sort of future for them. Sad but true. I personally think MF got better and better over the years (and I may be alone, thinking so), but the money to sustain the focus is just not there. King is not the most productive of artists, and I would rather he focuses on the musical projects that can keep him putting out new releases.

Also... I would not call his band "local schmucks". Hal has been a part of KD longer than any other bass player, Mike is an amazing guitar player and Matt can surely drum. Do I wish Hal wrote more intricate lines, like he did on "Conspiracy"? Sure. Do I wish Mike Wead contributed to the song writing process? Damn right. Do I think King should unleash Matt so he could start "Mikkey-ing" it up a little? Better believe it. Do I think they should write, arrange and rehearse the next album as a band BEFORE entering the studio this time, instead of plugging in everybody's parts after the fact? You betcha! In the end, it's what King wants that matters. It's his band. His vision. We will all just be happy to take part of it once done.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"If thine eyes deceive thee, pluck them out"

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2013, 11:21:28 am »
LOL I love how everyone always talks shit about America like we are all dumb and lazy cows waiting to be fed and know nothing about the rest of the world.

The one and only KD show I was at, there were a lot of people wering King makeup as well, I was crushed up against the stage most of the night, so I can assue you that not too many people were just standing in the back yawning and waiting for bedtime.

You're right about him probably not going to be able to pull off a full scale tour this size in the States, but please don't talk down about the fans here that do go to his shows, we get just as crazy as other parts of the world too. Maybe not as crazy as places like Rio or the south american cities, but we aren't all a bunch of stiffs either.

Offline Grace

• Lurker From The Dark
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2013, 12:42:11 pm »
LOL I love how everyone always talks shit about America like we are all dumb and lazy cows waiting to be fed and know nothing about the rest of the world.

The one and only KD show I was at, there were a lot of people wering King makeup as well, I was crushed up against the stage most of the night, so I can assue you that not too many people were just standing in the back yawning and waiting for bedtime.

You're right about him probably not going to be able to pull off a full scale tour this size in the States, but please don't talk down about the fans here that do go to his shows, we get just as crazy as other parts of the world too. Maybe not as crazy as places like Rio or the south american cities, but we aren't all a bunch of stiffs either.

How am I talking down? I live here in the US. I worked in the music industry in NY for many years, setting up many shows with bands, big and small. Before that, I did the same in Gothenburg, Sweden. I have a fairly good insight in what the different crowds look like and what the market is like. I am just stating a fact. It is undeniable that Europe is a stronger market for King's music and his shows, and that a tour would not be as financially doable here as King himself said they would not play any venue too small for the set. I don't know about you, but the last few times I have seen King in the US has been in venues that are WAY smaller than what that set would require. And, no, did not see one single person in KD makeup or see other than the first 5 rows "go crazy" (and I have been to many King shows, not just one).

Maybe you should look at facts, sales figures and attendance before defending a position nobody is attacking? I love this country, but our metal scene sucks and the winds of fame blow where the trends take us, unfortunately. I put in enough years in the industry to  know this, and got out of it because of it. It was collapsing, mostly due to iTunes, and not due to piracy. Bands with more complicated visions and more demanding concepts lose out to bands that sell songs one-by-one as per the current musical taste. Musicians make less money due to declining full album sales, whereas back in the day they would benefit from the album being purchased as whole for $16, rather than just the one or two songs for $0.99 a pop. Bands make most of their money on tour, with the backing of their labels, but have different deals, depending on contract, on how much of ticket sales and merch sales they can keep. With the labels making less money on actual music sales, they end up taking a larger cut of touring revenues instead - which was what put food on the table for bands back in the day. This is why many many bands do not tour America extensively. Logistics are expensive, audience is small and there is just no return on investment. I can tell you that straight from friends in many European bands. It is just not sustainable to play dive bars here, rather than arenas in Europe. 250 people at the "DownTown" in Farmingdale is not the same as playing a 3-5000 venue in Germany or Sweden. Same time, same travel - different money. King Diamond is just not big enough over here. A band like Dream Theater - with their narrow niche - outsells King Diamond 10 to 1 (fact as per Nielsen SoundScan). That is not a small number, and we are not talking Metallica here. King Diamond sold 4,500 copies of GMYSP the first week. Those sales USUALLY constitutes 25% of your total album sales for that album. Do the math. That is how many fans you could potentially tap into for a tour: 18,000 buyers split up between 50 states = 360 per state if they ALL showed up. Obviously not all states divide the same, but you get the point. It does not make ends meet.

This is not a slam against the American fan; just a testament to, and a reality check of, the state of the metal scene we have today. Everybody can listen to what the hell they want, but Metal Blade has not been doing a good job marketing King in North America over the past 10-15 years, thus running the "brand" in the ground. What King is doing now is slowly building his name up again, but it will take time and it is smarter to start with Europe.

Do I wish it was different? Yes, but that is not the reality we live in.

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2013, 01:22:44 pm »
I'm not going to argue with you, but the way you make it sound is all the fans here in the US just stand around yawning, and know nothing about music, while all the fans in Europe are just wonderful and great.

I agree with everything you say in your second post, it was the first one where you said;

"European crowds come in King makeup, with King or MF shirts, and bang their heads off - whereas the US crowd shows up in Killswitch Engage shirts, stays at the back of the venue, waiting for "Sleepless Nights" and really don't think of it as much more than an interesting night out"

which I call bullshit on! The crowds might be smaller here than there. The crowds might be better there than here, I'll take your word for it, but it's not like you describe it. I might not have your musical background, and I respect your oppinion and your feedback here (and still love your interview with King on skype) but I have been to hundreds of concerts myself and don't see it the way you see it as far as crowd interaction is concerned.

Anyway, maybe I took it wrong or maybe you wrote it wrong, I just get tired of the USA bashing I read all the time on forums. Mostly gaming forums, and rarely here, but it still gets old.

Offline Grace

• Lurker From The Dark
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2013, 01:58:36 pm »
It's all good, brother.

Offline Count Jonah

• Desecrator Of Souls
  • +++++
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2013, 09:25:54 pm »
C'mon, less hate, more Mercyful Fate!  :king:
"And I'm just the devil with love to spare
Viva Las Vegas Viva Las Vegas" - The King

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2013, 01:34:55 pm »
C'mon, less hate, more Mercyful Fate!  :king:
Aint no hate here, Grace is and has always been cool by me. Just wish he posted more, other than that I got no beef with him.  :king:

Offline Brian

• You Are "9"
  • EVIL INCARNATE
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2013, 05:56:43 pm »
I'm not going to argue with you, but the way you make it sound is all the fans here in the US just stand around yawning, and know nothing about music, while all the fans in Europe are just wonderful and great.

I agree with everything you say in your second post, it was the first one where you said;

"European crowds come in King makeup, with King or MF shirts, and bang their heads off - whereas the US crowd shows up in Killswitch Engage shirts, stays at the back of the venue, waiting for "Sleepless Nights" and really don't think of it as much more than an interesting night out"

which I call bullshit on! The crowds might be smaller here than there. The crowds might be better there than here, I'll take your word for it, but it's not like you describe it. I might not have your musical background, and I respect your oppinion and your feedback here (and still love your interview with King on skype) but I have been to hundreds of concerts myself and don't see it the way you see it as far as crowd interaction is concerned.

Anyway, maybe I took it wrong or maybe you wrote it wrong, I just get tired of the USA bashing I read all the time on forums. Mostly gaming forums, and rarely here, but it still gets old.
Or King could do what Suicidal Tendencies did here and announce a show and then when it gets close to the show date ....postpone it another 3 months and sell more tickets and then have a great big show !! :D  Just kiddn S.K. ...I agree about stop the hate and give us more Mercyful Fate and King Diamond as Well . Actually i think it all depends on where King sets his dates . Back in 2004 it was a full house at the Marquee Theater here in Tempe which is about 3 or 4 thousand person venue .   \m/ \m/ :king:
In Hell ....I will Kill you again !

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2013, 06:50:10 pm »
Not sure of the year (would have to look at my stub at home) but when I saw him he played at the Mason Jar for tw nights. I guess the first night it was packed to the brim according to the security gaurd, 2nd night not so much. Nowhere near 3,000 people there though, and no way for a full size stage like the one he has now. I hope when he comes to Seattle he plays at the Moore theater, but it will probably be at the Showbox which is shit IMO. The Moore has great sound, great atmosphere and it's big enough for his current stage show. Sadly with the way metal is these days, I doubt he would fill it up, but ya never know. Guess we'll see soon enough....I HOPE! :D

Offline Brian

• You Are "9"
  • EVIL INCARNATE
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2013, 03:31:25 pm »
Not sure of the year (would have to look at my stub at home) but when I saw him he played at the Mason Jar for tw nights. I guess the first night it was packed to the brim according to the security gaurd, 2nd night not so much. Nowhere near 3,000 people there though, and no way for a full size stage like the one he has now. I hope when he comes to Seattle he plays at the Moore theater, but it will probably be at the Showbox which is shit IMO. The Moore has great sound, great atmosphere and it's big enough for his current stage show. Sadly with the way metal is these days, I doubt he would fill it up, but ya never know. Guess we'll see soon enough....I HOPE! :D
The Mason Jar you say?? Seen many a bad ass show in that little hole in the wall ...everyone from Death to Suffocation and Immolation and Malevolent Creation the first year or so that I moved to Az.   . The cool thing about that venue was you always got to meet all the bands !  \m/ \m/  I could be wrong as I dont remember when you moved away but sounds like the VOODOO tour in 1998 . I was gonna ,,,shoulda coulda and dropped the ball on that one and I sorely regret it . :(
In Hell ....I will Kill you again !

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2013, 05:13:24 pm »
Yeah it was the Voodoo tour, I just couldn't remember the dates lol And yes you should have gone, it was an amazing show. I was in front with nothing between me and king but some little old man they hired for security and a metal rail. I dropped a pick from Andy....twice....same pic....and got to shake Kings hand, and had the time of my life.

But I didn't get to meet the band, so screw you and the Mason Jar lol

Really kicking myself too, because it was either the night after of the night before he played the first show in phx, that they played in Tucson and had the full theatrical stage show going wherever it was at. I didn't know about it till it was too late. Guess thats what I get for not getting a computer or internet till the year 2000 lol

Offline GGGOOODD

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2013, 01:06:15 pm »
I don't know about Timi, Michael, and Kim, but I can assure you Hank is still a beast on the guitar.

Hank Shermann- Sails of Charon  http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7wX0-uOu8bw

Offline Grace

• Lurker From The Dark
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2013, 06:09:21 pm »
Aint no hate here, Grace is and has always been cool by me. Just wish he posted more, other than that I got no beef with him.  :king:

HAHA. No beef, ever. We're all brothers in arms here. Our opinions may sometimes differ, but we're all still here because we love the same music. (I even find myself impossible to get along with sometimes.)

I wish I had time to post more, but I still read the board at least once or twice a week. I am not going anywhere.

On topic: I think MF recorded better albums post reunion than before. Shocker! No, I really feel "In the Shadows" and "Time" are better than anything recorded before, including "DBTO" and "Melissa". I think "The Oath" is the best MF song ever, but other than that no other songs from that era hold up to later releases. So, for me, I am rooting for a reunion-lineup with Hank, Denner, Sharlee and Snowy Shaw.

Blasphemy, right?

Oh, well...

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2013, 09:01:45 pm »
yes blasphemy! DBTO still gives me chills when I listen to it in whole. To me it is one of the most perfect albums ever written. There is not one single weak song on it, every one of them to me is masterful. I do love the newer stuff also, might even let you get away with saying In the Shadows is better than Melissa, but no way in hell is it better than DBTO.

Actualy Melissa smokes it too, just for the fact that Satans Fall is on that one, so scratch that last part lol