Author Topic: I'm new to King Diamond and need some song recomendations.  (Read 4438 times)

Offline Sargeras N7

• Unborn
So i just discovered King Diamond recently, i've always been into Heavy metal and i discovered KD through Metallica as i discovered Metallica through Motörhead. My favorite song of KD so far is Halloween, so i was wondering if people can recommended me some of KD's songs that they think are the best. Many thanks.   :king:
"Religion has been the root of so much evil."
 - King Diamond

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Superpostwhore
  • If thine eyes decieve thee, pluck them out!
Re: I'm new to King Diamond and need some song recomendations.
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 10:42:00 am »
Hi welcome to the site.

Since he really hasn't made a bad song, or album IMO just take your pick. When I first discover a band I always start from the beggining and work my way up thru the albums in order of release. So I guess you can start with Melissa from Mercyful Fate and Don't Break the Oath, and also pick up a CD called The Beginning. It has the 4 tracks from the Nuns EP on it, which is some good shit also.

Or get Fatal Portrait, that one has Halloween on it and every track is a masterpiece, then go from there. Can't go wrong really with any of his albums.

Offline CorpseWithoutASoul

• Mad Arab
  • Heaven or Hell... where are we now?
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 12:09:43 pm »
Since King tends to tell stories within the entire framework of his albums it is hard for me to recommend only a song to you however I can wholeheartedly recommend the following albums as some of King Diamond's best work:

Abigail
"Them"
The Eye
Voodoo
The Puppetmaster
Give Me Your Soul... Please

As the previous poster stated he really does not have any bad albums so I recommend checking out the entire discography if you get a chance!

Offline Beelzebub

• The mother of postwhores!
  • SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 02:19:56 pm »
as i discovered Metallica through Motörhead.

That's gotta be a first!
As of October 2017, number of years I've been a coven member, waiting for the dvds: 12

Offline Brian

• You Are "9"
  • EVIL INCARNATE
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 06:17:42 pm »
So i just discovered King Diamond recently, i've always been into Heavy metal and i discovered KD through Metallica as i discovered Metallica through Motörhead. My favorite song of KD so far is Halloween, so i was wondering if people can recommended me some of KD's songs that they think are the best. Many thanks.   :king:
Get a copy of Melissa .....you will be hooked from there and seek out everything else you can get your hands on as I did back in the mid. 80's  :cool: :king:
In Hell ....I will Kill you again !

Offline sithslayer

• Deadly Lullabye
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 10:32:11 pm »
I really like the songs he sings on  with other bands too like  Probot - sweet dreams    and cradle of filths devil woman.

Offline Necrolust

• Mad Arab
  • Son Of Northern Darkness
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2013, 01:45:05 am »
As mentioned before, you can't really go wrong, since all of kings work is impressive. If you're on a limited budget, I suggest you get the cheapest cd's first, to get as much Diamond material as quickly as possible. Happy hunting/listening  \m/

Oh, and welcome to the site :)
Evig er kampen mod lyset!!!

Offline kingotnw

• Up From The Grave
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2013, 05:44:33 am »
My favorite albums are, in order actually...

Conspiracy
The Eye
Them
Puppet Master

All the rest are great too, aside from... Again this is just my opinion so don't all jump on me... The Graveyard. I just don't care for that album and never have. But those top four are amongst the greatest metal albums ever created in my opinion.

Offline johnnieczech

• Gypsy
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2013, 05:23:42 am »
Welcome Home is the best King Diamond song but I assume you have heard it already!

You can't do wrong starting with Abigail/THEM/Conspiracy and be sure to check out some of the newer stuff, too! Like Voodoo or Puppet Master.

Offline EthanGerman2012

• Baron Samedi
  • Hell yeah, dude.
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2013, 10:42:32 am »
"At the Graves"

I"m sure that song will give you some hardcore eargasms, for sure. And you should definetly check out "Night of the Unborn" by Mercyful Fate. Such asn epic fucking song. But you would be better off just listening to the whole albums, as the heaviness is just too much for just one song to be enough  :cool:
THRASH TILL DEATH, SON!

Offline Shadowswhisper

• Victim Of The Coven
  • even a broken clock is right twice a day
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2013, 12:15:41 am »
My best advice is listen to them all Try some Mercyful Fate as well you never will know what you like until you hear it for yourself.  Welcome to the King Diamond experience.
There is just one thing above all to remember and that is Stay heavy !   \m/
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 12:25:53 am by Shadowswhisper »
The road to hell is paved with good intentions...would explain why i am so nice !

Offline Hammer

• Voodoo Priest
  • I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles - West Ham!!!
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2013, 07:12:18 am »
I would recommend these great songs at the beginning:

Black Horsemen
This Place is Terrible (too underrated in my opinion, pure awesomeness both musically and lyrically!)
Blood to Walk
A Mansion in Darkness
Sleepless Nights
Behind These Walls
Magic
Darkness

If you would like to try also Mercyful Fate, my song recommendations would be:

Doomed by the Living Dead
Evil
Satan's Fall
Is That You, Melissa?
Nightmare Be Thy Name
Gypsy
Welcome Princes' of Hell
Lady in Black

Every single album King Diamond has released during the year is awesome. You can't go wrong. :) In my opinion best King Diamond albums are Abigail, The Puppet Master and Give Me Your Soul...Please and best Mercyful Fate albums are Melissa, Don't Break the Oath and Dead Again. That's just my opinion, it's almost impossible to rank KD & MF albums as they are all amazing.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 07:14:00 am by Hammer »