Author Topic: Different mixes of the song 'Come to the Sabbath'  (Read 6078 times)

Offline Beelzebub

• The mother of postwhores!
  • SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
Different mixes of the song 'Come to the Sabbath'
« on: October 18, 2006, 12:28:08 PM »
I could have put this in the Melissa thread, but I didn't wanna add to the confusion  :gah: I even checked the coven discography page, and found no mention of it.

When I first heard Come to the Sabbath, it was from the canadian issue Roadrunner vinyl. Nothing less than sabotage in this case. Whereas the sound from one speaker is completely cut-off on a few occasions. The chorus are particularely affected. And the instrumental jam, right before the "If you say Heaven..." part at the end.

When I got the cd, in 1992, so not the remaster, I was glad to finally listen to the song without the sabotage. I bet all remastered versions are also ok. So I'm wondering... Are all vinyl versions like mine? What about the Megaforce one, How does it sound? Do all you cd-ipod-mp3 youngsters even know what I'm talking about?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2006, 12:30:41 PM by Beelzebub »
As of October 2017, number of years I've been a coven member, waiting for the dvds: 12

Offline Cornloaf

• Lady In Black
Re: Different mixes of the song 'Come to the Sabbath'
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2006, 01:19:49 PM »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooo!!!  :)

So weird that you wrote this.  It jarred something loose in my head full of cobwebs and I remember EXACTLY what you are talking about.  Let me go dig up my vinyl now and see if I have that same version.  My original CD version is not affected and I think my casette is ok, too.

Offline Tri Landau

• One Of "Them"
  • I think Melissa's still with us.
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2006, 04:47:55 AM »
My DBTO-vinyl is by Combat Records, and the remastered CD is Roadrunner, then I have that Dangerous Meeting-cd (the best of KD & MF) includes the song, Roadrunner as well.  I haven't noticed any difference on those versions of the song.

Offline Bloodfreak

• Lady In Black
  • THRASH ATTACK
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2006, 07:53:19 AM »
My vinyl copy (Roadrunner Europe made in the Netherlands RR9835) is the normal version. No sabotage on my vinyl. It´s the same mix than my CD version (RR 34 9835 Manufactured in Germany - by the way it´s not the Remastered Edition). I´ve also listened to the Remastered Edition and as far as I know it has the same mix than mine....I hope I could help you.... :king:

Offline Beelzebub

• SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2006, 06:36:53 PM »
I've got the same cd. The USA version on Roadracer RCD 9835.

But my messed-up vinyl is the canadian Roadrunner on Attic RRR-200. Funny that so far, this is the only weird version of the vinyl. I'm starting to think that something must have gone wrong during the transfer of the master tapes for this pressing, and nobody noticed it.  :gah:
As of October 2017, number of years I've been a coven member, waiting for the dvds: 12

Offline manager

• Band
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2007, 10:20:55 AM »
I've got the same cd. The USA version on Roadracer RCD 9835.

But my messed-up vinyl is the canadian Roadrunner on Attic RRR-200. Funny that so far, this is the only weird version of the vinyl. I'm starting to think that something must have gone wrong during the transfer of the master tapes for this pressing, and nobody noticed it.  :gah:
Not sure I have a canadian version.
Will check what's left of vinyls.

Offline manager

• Band
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2007, 10:23:08 AM »
Not sure I have a canadian version.
Will check what's left of vinyls.
NO.
Only the Dutch version RR 9898
and
UK version  MFN 10. >:(

Offline Beelzebub

• SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2007, 10:54:26 AM »
NO.
Only the Dutch version RR 9898
and
UK version  MFN 10. >:(

Ah thanks. So I guess you were never aware of that problem on the canadian version.