Author Topic: 2014 European Tour  (Read 62369 times)

Offline username

• Possessed
Re: 2014 European Tour
« Reply #125 on: July 29, 2014, 11:14:42 am »
shit :icon_cry:

Offline Blackest

• Victimized
  • Sleepless Nights
« Reply #126 on: July 29, 2014, 11:32:25 am »
I'm guessing it just has to do with King watching his health more now than he did before his quad bypass and his back going out.
That stuff changes your life.
Of course, and that's really good! He's doing right!
But we should have to be given the news on the official site!

Offline bolivarmaxi

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #127 on: July 29, 2014, 11:54:56 am »
nothing oficially has been said
BAMT

Offline Tartarus

• Ghost of Change
    • The Hellenic Coven
« Reply #128 on: July 29, 2014, 12:56:06 pm »
That sucks :( I'm in Amsterdam now from Greece, waiting the train to Tilburg and just learn the show is cancelled. It's on 013 site but waiting for official announcement

Offline Livia Zita

• Band
    • Livia's Artsy Stuff
« Reply #129 on: July 29, 2014, 01:13:52 pm »
Just received a message from the official King Diamond Facebook page. A reminder of the coming gig in 013 Tilburg without any notice of the cancellation. Seriously, what is this for a crappy communication?????  :devil-smiley-011: >:D

That notice is automatic from Facebook/BandsInTown app. It went out before I had a chance to stop it. Naturally, as crappy luck would have it, the internet service was down in our hotel, and I just now managed to get online again.

We all feel very sorry for the cancellation, but as Ole Bang's statement said, there is nothing we could do.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 01:21:37 pm by Livia Zita »
Working in the backgrounds :)

Offline bolivarmaxi

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #130 on: July 29, 2014, 01:20:19 pm »
I hope king will stay ok for the waken
BAMT

Offline Livia Zita

• Band
    • Livia's Artsy Stuff
« Reply #131 on: July 29, 2014, 01:22:26 pm »
We are doing everything we can, and as the doctor said, King will be good for Wacken.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 01:29:57 pm by Livia Zita »

Offline bolivarmaxi

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #132 on: July 29, 2014, 01:34:28 pm »
We are doing everything we can, and as the doctor said, King will be good for Wacken.

great :king:
BAMT

Offline Blackest

• Victimized
  • Sleepless Nights
« Reply #133 on: July 29, 2014, 01:56:11 pm »
Naturally, as crappy luck would have it, the internet service was down in our hotel, and I just now managed to get online again.
I never trust in technology, and I'm never wrong!  >:D

Offline DorisC

• Mandrake
« Reply #134 on: July 29, 2014, 01:59:06 pm »
That sucks :( I'm in Amsterdam now from Greece, waiting the train to Tilburg and just learn the show is cancelled. It's on 013 site but waiting for official announcement

Tasos.... I said "come to Sweden"

KDBrother is also in Tilburg now. You both should go to Wacken. It's on the way.  :king:
Hope you'll meet King though

Offline Tartarus

• Ghost of Change
    • The Hellenic Coven
« Reply #135 on: July 29, 2014, 03:07:02 pm »
Tasos.... I said "come to Sweden"

KDBrother is also in Tilburg now. You both should go to Wacken. It's on the way.  :king:
Hope you'll meet King though

Yeah I should. Wife was telling me to go Finland instead of Tilburg for a show but I didn't listen her either.
I saw KDBrother, met him on the road on our way to hotel  :king:

Offline Twilight Symphony

• Deadly Lullabye
« Reply #136 on: July 29, 2014, 03:23:03 pm »

Hey Tasos. If i knew you were in Ansterdam we could've met up, just like Bloodstock. I've done nothing but pace around the airport all day..lol.

I found out not long after i stepped off the plane from England. Had 2 nights booked in Tilburg. Now i've had to book into a hotel here in the airport and buy a new ticket to fly back tomorrow. The whole trip has cost about €1000 and all i've got to show is a pair of cloggs for my grandma!  :icon_mrgreen:

I also had to fly back from Copenhell before the gig last year, as the day of the gig got changed. But hey, that's rock n roll i guess. What's most important is that King's health is ok going forward.

Offline baca

• Just A Shadow
« Reply #137 on: July 29, 2014, 03:24:15 pm »
Hey Tasos,

Take your flag to the club tomorrow, We will do Polish Greek Dangerous Meeting :-)
Rock On !!!
Diamond Brothers

Offline Nemesis

• Ghost of Change
  • Babbles Incoherantly
« Reply #138 on: July 29, 2014, 03:32:47 pm »
this is all just great ! i turned down a spot on a car to wacken cuz King would play in tilburg, now i wish i had taken it...... really bummed about this, hope he will make this up somewhere in the future...
now i'm gonna drown myself in some liquor :kopfpatsch:
Death Smiles at us all... All one can do is Smile back

Offline Livia Zita

• Band
    • Livia's Artsy Stuff
« Reply #139 on: July 29, 2014, 03:47:23 pm »
I just wanted to post this in this thread as well.
OK guys...

I am of course not speaking on behalf of anyone, this is simply my own post.

Why on earth would a USA tour happening three whole months from now be affected by one single cancelled show?

King is not even dealing with this right now, he is trying his best to get his vocal chords to perform perfectly at Wacken for you all. He is not even sick or anything, it's entirely a vocal chord matter.

We just released info on our Facebooks including the doctor's note, sorry we couldn't get it out earlier. We can't immediately provide every "evidence" and info for everyone to see, right away. Hotel internet was down. We needed translations. We had to run get medications, inhalers, etc. Then doctor needed release forms from us as well, so we could get his report to our European booking agency, who needed this for the promoter in Tilburg.
But most of all, King has to rest his vocal chords.
Our first priority was not to take to the internet and make everything public right away, when we ourselves didn't even know what was going to happen.

Anyway, please be assured that a single cancelled show due to dehydrated vocal chords will not affect shows happening 3 months from now.

I've included an interesting read for those who care about vocalists' nightmare. It's all about what can happen to your vocal chords in extreme situations and how to get them back in shape as quick as possible.

I know it's hard to have patience in situations like these, but rather that than start speculating about things that are not known even to us.
You should always wait for the facts from us, however hard that might be.

http://singersresource.net/vocal-recovery/

Oh and P.S.: Dehydrated vocal chords have nothing to do with how much water one drinks... (Replying to a private message here)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 03:50:16 pm by Livia Zita »

Offline Twilight Symphony

• Deadly Lullabye
« Reply #140 on: July 29, 2014, 04:10:23 pm »
Thanks Livia. Really don't get those stupid negative comments that appeared on facebook earlier. In fact they were more of an attack than anything else. So much for being fans. Yes, some of us have paid out quite a bit to be here, but it's a chance you take. I know King and the band want nothing more than being out there playing. It's an unfortunate event but i'm sure we all want King firing on all cylinders going forward.

Offline Tartarus

• Ghost of Change
    • The Hellenic Coven
« Reply #141 on: July 30, 2014, 12:13:56 am »
Can only wish quick recovery to King now. Ignore negative comments and have fun for the rest of the tour  :king:

Offline RipperBendix

• Global Moderator
    • Mah Band
« Reply #142 on: July 30, 2014, 01:18:10 am »
Health goes first! Get well soon, boss.
-This space for rent-

Offline Blackest

• Victimized
  • Sleepless Nights
« Reply #143 on: July 30, 2014, 01:33:49 am »
Thank you Livia for beeing so clear! :icon_wink:
You know, we're just worried and apprehensive! :icon_biggrin:

Offline KingOfTheRotten

• The King Of Diamonds
  • WHOA YAEE!!!
« Reply #144 on: July 30, 2014, 01:52:17 am »
Has people been dicks about this? Howevrr unfortunate it may be - and of course is! - this is shit that can hallen and you guys have no control of it. If people cannot deal with situations changing then they have a problem.

My best wishes for you guys and I hope and am very confident that King's health will. become better! :)

Offline Nemesis

• Ghost of Change
  • Babbles Incoherantly
« Reply #145 on: July 30, 2014, 06:56:56 am »
uhmm.... why is the official facebook still promoting a cancelled gig? just got another reminder from the official KD facebook.... thought this was fixed already?
Death Smiles at us all... All one can do is Smile back

Offline bolivarmaxi

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #146 on: July 30, 2014, 08:02:10 am »
best wishes for the King he is awesome and he will recorery very soon, stay heavy

P.S king is in his best form I heard never ending hill in the last concert what a great peace of art  :king: :king: :king:
BAMT

Offline Marcel

• Ghost of Change
    • Join me on Facebook
« Reply #147 on: July 30, 2014, 08:05:26 am »
That notice is automatic from Facebook/BandsInTown app. It went out before I had a chance to stop it.

Still you couldn't find a chance to stop it? One hour ago I received another reminder for the gig in 013 without any notice of the cancellation. This is really frustrating because I was really looking forward to see you all there together with a magic crowd.
-->King Diamond live @ FortaRock June 5th 2016, Nijmegen NL. <--

Offline Livia Zita

• Band
    • Livia's Artsy Stuff
« Reply #148 on: July 30, 2014, 08:15:18 am »
No, I can't stop it. I have no access to the BandsInTown app. Anyhow, we were on the bus traveling to Hamburg. No internet on the bus, so I couldn't even keep an eye on it and delete it as it pops up.
We have just arrived, and as it is, the first thing I checked was this board and the Facebook accounts.

I deleted the announcement now.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 08:18:11 am by Livia Zita »

Offline baca

• Just A Shadow
« Reply #149 on: July 30, 2014, 05:42:57 pm »
Tasos (Hellenic Coven), Ronny Moons (Belgium), Miro Pacheco (Brasil), Dirk (Germany), Justin Painkeller (Australia) - THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR TODAY'S MEETING IN TILBURG !!!! YOU ARE GREAT !!!

K.D.B.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 05:44:38 pm by baca »
Rock On !!!
Diamond Brothers