Author Topic: King Diamond vinyl reissues 2014 from Metal Blade  (Read 43399 times)

Offline Chagosomar

• Angel Of Light
  • "Moonchild!!! Hear the mandrake scream!"
    • Deadly Fujow. A dark ambient project
Re: King Diamond vinyl reissues 2014 from Metal Blade
« Reply #100 on: October 23, 2014, 10:01:55 pm »
Those of you that ordered official vinyl, how long did it take to get to you(N America)?

I ordered mine 2 weeks ago and it hasn't shown up. ????

Offline Davidk

• Mandrake
« Reply #101 on: October 24, 2014, 12:47:24 am »
Those of you that ordered official vinyl, how long did it take to get to you(N America)?

It was a few weeks but it was Because i ordered them as pre-orders  ...... if what you ordered was in stock you should have them within 10 days , Media mail can be really slow if they ship that way .

Offline Invisible Boy

• Haunted
« Reply #102 on: October 24, 2014, 12:47:46 am »

I got mine at a local record store.  Do you have a tracking number for the parcel?

Offline Invisible Boy

• Haunted
« Reply #103 on: October 24, 2014, 12:48:51 am »
Also, the Return of the Vampire and The Beginning got pushed back until November 10th. 

Offline ZachAttack

• Uninvited Guest
« Reply #104 on: October 27, 2014, 06:18:52 am »
Now I am really wondering where they are getting the source material. I saw The Eye and Fatal Portrait at some record stores and with FP you can tell they had the original artwork because it looks sharp and clear just like the original LP, but The Eye looks like they photocopied the CD booklet (lines are not sharp, has a little bit of a blur to it). I wish they would confirm if the original master tapes are being used or not. Well, not that that even matters, The Eye and everything after was probably recorded digitally to begin with so its not going to be true analog. Usually with these re-releases they will put a sticker on there saying something like "remastered using original master tapes", but I haven't seen any info on these. Personally I am only concerned with the first 4 albums and the 2 MF albums as those are the only ones that would have been recorded on analog equipment

Offline ZachAttack

• Uninvited Guest
« Reply #105 on: October 27, 2014, 06:21:27 am »
I wish Fatal Portrait would get a proper reissue.  Maybe with No Presents for Christmas and The Lake on a bonus 10" or something.

They already did a No Presents reissue, it was a "black friday" Record Store Day release a few years ago, its REALLY good quality and looks even better than the original. You can probably still find it online, I even see it in record shops still occasionally

Offline Invisible Boy

• Haunted
« Reply #106 on: October 27, 2014, 07:06:52 am »

They already did a No Presents reissue, it was a "black friday" Record Store Day release a few years ago, its REALLY good quality and looks even better than the original. You can probably still find it online, I even see it in record shops still occasionally

I got that.  Unfortunately, it is a picture disc, and picture discs suck. 

Offline Davidk

• Mandrake
« Reply #107 on: October 29, 2014, 03:00:11 pm »
Now I am really wondering where they are getting the source material. I saw The Eye and Fatal Portrait at some record stores and with FP you can tell they had the original artwork because it looks sharp and clear just like the original LP, but The Eye looks like they photocopied the CD booklet (lines are not sharp, has a little bit of a blur to it). I wish they would confirm if the original master tapes are being used or not. Well, not that that even matters, The Eye and everything after was probably recorded digitally to begin with so its not going to be true analog. Usually with these re-releases they will put a sticker on there saying something like "remastered using original master tapes", but I haven't seen any info on these. Personally I am only concerned with the first 4 albums and the 2 MF albums as those are the only ones that would have been recorded on analog equipment

I do agree that the EYE artwork is not as good as maybe it should be , was that out on Vinyl when it was an orignal release ?  They may only have the smaller res artwork to work with .
   On sources , i'm gonna guess these were all pressed from Hi-res Digital masters  on all of them .....

Offline gustr15

• Spirit
« Reply #108 on: November 01, 2014, 08:19:30 am »
Aw, my super expensive Melissa didn't arrive in time for halloween...

Offline devilsavocado

• The Preacher
« Reply #109 on: November 01, 2014, 08:34:14 am »
I do agree that the EYE artwork is not as good as maybe it should be , was that out on Vinyl when it was an orignal release ?  They may only have the smaller res artwork to work with .
   On sources , i'm gonna guess these were all pressed from Hi-res Digital masters  on all of them .....

"The Eye" was originally released on both Vinyl and CD. I have the original Roadrunner vinyl in some box in my garage...

Never cared for the "The Eye" artwork, though...
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 08:35:38 am by devilsavocado »

Offline KingOfTheRotten

• The King Of Diamonds
  • WHOA YAEE!!!
« Reply #110 on: November 01, 2014, 12:06:42 pm »
The backcover of The Eye should have been the frontcover. That is some sick ass artwork!

Offline Jean le Noir

• Lady In Black
  • Heavy Metal (Is The Law)
« Reply #111 on: November 01, 2014, 01:31:55 pm »
I also have original vinyl press and I love front cover, necklace is so cool. But yeah, back cover is also very nice.
There's a little old man...standing by my window

Offline KingOfTheRotten

• The King Of Diamonds
  • WHOA YAEE!!!
« Reply #112 on: November 02, 2014, 04:41:24 am »

I would seriously have loved if this was the frontcover! That would have been fucking cool. Not that the real cover is bad, it is quite cool, but this is just even cooler!

Offline lakorsho

• Spirit
« Reply #113 on: November 14, 2014, 04:31:22 am »
Also, the Return of the Vampire and The Beginning got pushed back until November 10th.

How do you know that?? Do you have a link?

Offline ZachAttack

• Uninvited Guest
« Reply #114 on: November 14, 2014, 01:03:51 pm »
I wonder why they are releasing the KD albums in such a weird order? I hope they do Conspiracy next, I'm getting tired of being sniped on ebay for an original pressing. It would be cool if they did a box of all his LPs together like they did with Type O Negative, it would cost a shit ton but it would be more convenient!

Offline Invisible Boy

• Haunted
« Reply #115 on: November 14, 2014, 09:23:47 pm »
How do you know that?? Do you have a link?

The release date is now November 24. Here is the link:
http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=9332643

Offline Invisible Boy

• Haunted
« Reply #116 on: November 14, 2014, 10:01:43 pm »
I wonder why they are releasing the KD albums in such a weird order? I hope they do Conspiracy next, I'm getting tired of being sniped on ebay for an original pressing. It would be cool if they did a box of all his LPs together like they did with Type O Negative, it would cost a shit ton but it would be more convenient!

I read somewhere that Conspiracy will be reissued in January.  I will try to find a link. 

Offline Jean le Noir

• Lady In Black
« Reply #117 on: November 15, 2014, 03:06:37 am »
What about Time and Into the Unknown. I don't have LPs and it would be awesome from Metal Blade to release it.

Offline Maggotcrusher666

• You Are "9"
« Reply #118 on: November 16, 2014, 11:30:53 am »
They are reissuing Conspiracy and In Concert 1987: Abigail in January.  Says so here: http://www.kingdiamondcoven.com/site/featured/king-diamond-to-release-dreams-of-horror/

Offline Davidk

• Mandrake
« Reply #119 on: November 16, 2014, 09:57:30 pm »
"The Eye" was originally released on both Vinyl and CD. I have the original Roadrunner vinyl in some box in my garage...

Never cared for the "The Eye" artwork, though...

Thanks for that info !

Offline Chagosomar

• Angel Of Light
« Reply #120 on: November 17, 2014, 08:02:52 pm »
so after accidentally ordering the shitty copy of "them" online, i ordered the new 180 vinyl from relapse records.
i waited 3 weeks and nothing showed up, so i wrote them.

they had no record of the order, so i sent my receipt and payment information to them and they said "sorry! but we actually dont have the album in stock."
so they charged me, didnt know they charged me, and then when i finally talked to them about it, they didnt even have the album.

luckily i was in austin tx recently, went into a record shop, and found exactly what i was looking for. now, im the proud owner of the white vinyl THEM.

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
  • If thine eyes decieve thee, pluck them out!
« Reply #121 on: November 17, 2014, 08:39:33 pm »
so after accidentally ordering the shitty copy of "them" online, i ordered the new 180 vinyl from relapse records.
i waited 3 weeks and nothing showed up, so i wrote them.

they had no record of the order, so i sent my receipt and payment information to them and they said "sorry! but we actually dont have the album in stock."
so they charged me, didnt know they charged me, and then when i finally talked to them about it, they didnt even have the album.

luckily i was in austin tx recently, went into a record shop, and found exactly what i was looking for. now, im the proud owner of the white vinyl THEM.
You get a refund?

Offline Chagosomar

• Angel Of Light
« Reply #122 on: November 17, 2014, 09:03:21 pm »
You get a refund?
yeah. after a few days, so that was good.

Offline Davidk

• Mandrake
« Reply #123 on: November 17, 2014, 11:46:47 pm »
 I must admit i have had Problems with relapse in the past , sent a defective album back & they never sent my replacement  it went back & forth for 6 months til i got my lp ........ after that they have been pretty good , just got the last two King re-issues from them & some Death on vinyl .

Offline Jean le Noir

• Lady In Black
« Reply #124 on: November 18, 2014, 04:22:40 am »
Ordered twice from Relapse and all was perfect. But now, when shipping is almost 20$ I stopped to make orders from them. Actually, I do not order from USA at all, only from amazon and hells headbangers, they send items to Europe through DHL and that shipping is fair.