Author Topic: King Diamond vinyl reissues 2014 from Metal Blade  (Read 40167 times)

Offline marblesmike

• Uninvited Guest
Re: King Diamond vinyl reissues 2014 from Metal Blade
« Reply #150 on: April 07, 2015, 04:35:17 PM »
It sucks.  Hopefully they will be worth the wait.

So far the other reissues I've heard have been great, so I'm sure it'll be good.

Offline remote

• Spirit
    • lastfm profile
« Reply #151 on: April 19, 2015, 08:34:52 AM »
I think these delays are because all the pressing plants have crazy long delays (4 months average) and Record Store Day just pushes the delays back even further because the plants make room for the RSD releases even if labels have already long-since scheduled their releases.

But at this point I'll believe it when I see it, it was supposed to be out in November initially...  :kopfpatsch:

Anyway was listening to my Don't Break The Oath and Abigail reissues the other night, they are some of the best sounding lps in my collection, really high quality pressings... so I will continue to look forward to The Beginning.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 08:35:57 AM by remote »

Offline Invisible Boy

• Haunted
« Reply #152 on: May 03, 2015, 10:51:16 PM »
Now the release date is May 18.

Offline Invisible Boy

• Haunted
« Reply #153 on: May 16, 2015, 02:02:51 AM »
I got my copy of The Beginning today on orange vinyl!  I will be spinning it on Saturday morning!

Offline Maggotcrusher666

• You Are "9"
« Reply #154 on: July 02, 2015, 02:02:07 PM »
Looks like metal blade is doing more pressings for The Graveyard and Voodoo in case you missed them last time.

http://bravewords.com/news/metal-blade-to-reissue-immolation-king-diamond-vinyl-this-month

Wish they were using the original cover art but oh well.

Offline janiperta

• Mandrake
« Reply #155 on: July 25, 2015, 01:50:43 AM »
Has anyone kept track of these? I mean, there seems to be a lot of different versions out there and at the same time bootleggers are pressing their own prints. I would love to buy everything official (well, so far have managed pretty good, example, 4 versions of In The Shadows remake, along the original, in different colors!?) but it seems absolutely impossible to keep track of every different print...

Also, has anyone got the new Voodoo and Graveyard yet? Description on the shop says there's a poster inside. Pictures? Would be nice to see upfront, since I'm now concentrating on the earlier reissues before they disappear completely...

Offline ZachAttack

• Uninvited Guest
« Reply #156 on: July 26, 2015, 05:00:03 PM »
I just got Conspiracy in my local record store. This one looks 100% identical to the original pressing, no blurry logos or photocopied photos like the other releases. You can tell they had access to the original artwork for this release. If you look at Abigail and Them you will notice the back covers are blurry and look like they were photocopied from the CD booklets. The Eye looked blurry on the front and back as well. I hope all the future releases look this good because everything after The Eye is hard to find the original vinyl pressing

Offline marblesmike

• Uninvited Guest
« Reply #157 on: July 27, 2015, 05:57:23 PM »
I saw Abigail Live sealed the other day at a local shop.  I didn't know this was part of the reissue campaign, but indeed, it has copyright info on the back for Metal Blade 2014.  Sounds great.  I had never heard this album before and I'm pleasantly surprised!

Offline kaijueiga

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #158 on: August 10, 2015, 03:30:50 PM »
So I have these now:

Absolute classics. Don't know why the picture went crooked though.

Offline lakorsho

• Spirit
« Reply #159 on: August 13, 2015, 12:03:33 AM »
So I have these now:

Absolute classics. Don't know why the picture went crooked though.

My Them record is WHITE vinyl!

Is your BLACK vinyl copy of Them the reissue from Metal Blade??
Or did Metal Blade release both a colored and a black vinyl edition of Them (like they did with Melissa)?

Offline kaijueiga

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #160 on: August 13, 2015, 02:54:13 PM »
My Them record is WHITE vinyl!

Is your BLACK vinyl copy of Them the reissue from Metal Blade??
Or did Metal Blade release both a colored and a black vinyl edition of Them (like they did with Melissa)?
It is infact a Metal Blade reissue. Unfortunately I missed out on the white vinyl run, it was out of stock everywhere for months until just recently, which I assume all second printings are in black vinyl. Abigail and Fatal Portrait are out of stock in a lot of places (I had to pay a premium for Abigail, and got lucky enough to find Fatal Portrait in a record store), so I can only guess they'll be coming out on black vinyl soon.

I'll trade you my black for your white. Haha.

Offline lakorsho

• Spirit
« Reply #161 on: August 14, 2015, 12:19:35 AM »
It is infact a Metal Blade reissue. Unfortunately I missed out on the white vinyl run, it was out of stock everywhere for months until just recently, which I assume all second printings are in black vinyl. Abigail and Fatal Portrait are out of stock in a lot of places (I had to pay a premium for Abigail, and got lucky enough to find Fatal Portrait in a record store), so I can only guess they'll be coming out on black vinyl soon.

I'll trade you my black for your white. Haha.

Thanks for info! I will buy the black edition as well (that should be easy I guess)  :P

Offline kaijueiga

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #162 on: September 03, 2015, 11:13:00 PM »
Hey guys, I have a question for anyone who owns the recently released Abigail: Live in Concert, the Metal Blade reissue. I just got it today and went to give it a listen and I see that the record itself is red, but has faint black smudges going through it. It sort of looks like those colored marble vinyls but the black seems so unevenly distributed that it looks like it's there by mistake. It definitely looks like it's actually etched into the record. I thought this record was supposed to be just red...is the black on mine a defect or some kind of marbled effect thats supposed to be there? Thanks, I'll try to get a picture later.

Offline LucasRomao

• Catacomb Crawler
« Reply #163 on: September 04, 2015, 07:32:42 AM »
Hey guys, I have a question for anyone who owns the recently released Abigail: Live in Concert, the Metal Blade reissue. I just got it today and went to give it a listen and I see that the record itself is red, but has faint black smudges going through it. It sort of looks like those colored marble vinyls but the black seems so unevenly distributed that it looks like it's there by mistake. It definitely looks like it's actually etched into the record. I thought this record was supposed to be just red...is the black on mine a defect or some kind of marbled effect thats supposed to be there? Thanks, I'll try to get a picture later.

Hi kaijuelga,

Mine is totally red... if yours is different i suppose that maybe you have a kind of misspress maybe.
Please post a photo and we can compare....

Offline kaijueiga

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #164 on: September 04, 2015, 09:45:38 AM »
Hi kaijuelga,

Mine is totally red... if yours is different i suppose that maybe you have a kind of misspress maybe.
Please post a photo and we can compare....
Thanks for the reply. I guess I got a factory mess up. I'll have to e-mail the store to see if I can exchange it.

Here's pics of side A & B:

Offline marblesmike

• Uninvited Guest
« Reply #165 on: September 05, 2015, 01:43:25 PM »
This happens with colored vinyl all the time. It's purely cosmetic and will in no way affect the sound.

Offline Beelzebub

• The mother of postwhores!
  • SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
« Reply #166 on: September 07, 2015, 09:01:58 AM »
I agree. This happens a lot with color pressings. Not nearly enough bleeding to be considered a mispress
As of October 2017, number of years I've been a coven member, waiting for the dvds: 12

Offline kaijueiga

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #167 on: September 07, 2015, 08:15:05 PM »
Yeah, I was able to give it a spin the other day and of course it sounds fine. The only colored records I own are these KD reissues, so I didn't know how common some black coloring is. No problem then. Thanks guys.

Offline Beelzebub

• The mother of postwhores!
  • SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
« Reply #168 on: September 09, 2015, 05:25:02 AM »
But I also agree that quality control should be able to spot those not so perfect pressings and reject them in favor of a unified whole.
I think this sadly has to do with limited pressings, as a certain number of labels are printed in advance and they are applied at the same time as the record is being pressed. So if there are too many rejects, they won't make it to the target number of copies.
As of October 2017, number of years I've been a coven member, waiting for the dvds: 12

Offline Chagosomar

• Angel Of Light
  • "Moonchild!!! Hear the mandrake scream!"
    • Deadly Fujow. A dark ambient project
« Reply #169 on: September 23, 2015, 04:56:52 PM »
so is the official release of Conspiracy supposed to be red?

Offline Nibiru

• Catacomb Crawler
« Reply #170 on: September 23, 2015, 11:30:24 PM »
Anyone know where to order the Abigail In Concert 1987 vinyl reissue in the USA? Pretty sure it's the only KD release I've been missing from my vinyl collection over the years. Thanks!

Offline Maggotcrusher666

• You Are "9"
« Reply #171 on: September 25, 2015, 07:40:58 PM »

Offline Nibiru

• Catacomb Crawler
« Reply #172 on: September 25, 2015, 08:23:58 PM »
www.20buckspin.com has it.

Thank you for the recommendation. I already found it somewhere else. But I see a few other things I might order from them!

Offline Davidk

• Mandrake
« Reply #173 on: October 27, 2015, 08:28:42 PM »
Thanks for the reply. I guess I got a factory mess up. I'll have to e-mail the store to see if I can exchange it.

Here's pics of side A & B:

I think it looks cool like that ......mine is just red also .... i have certainly got some colored vinyl where there is some black in it .

Offline _Kuben_

• Unborn
« Reply #174 on: December 04, 2015, 12:03:36 PM »
I love the sound of the Melissa reissue.  It is a LOT better than the 2007 issue.  It is very comparable to the original issue I have in the 1980s.  I will have to listen to that one again to compare.
Invisible Boy, I read that You were not disappointed about Metal Blade vinyls of King - Them and Abigail.
I wanted to buy them, but they are out of stock. But I can see still can got
Spider's Lullabye 2015
Graveyard 2015
Do tou got them, are they quality as good like these made in 2014?
Do you know which iof them sound better? - i mean black ones or coloured?
thank you
Kuben