Author Topic: King Diamond vinyl reissues 2014 from Metal Blade  (Read 43244 times)

Offline nat120

• Ghost of Change
Re: King Diamond vinyl reissues 2014 from Metal Blade
« Reply #75 on: August 31, 2014, 10:23:42 am »
So i went to the nearest record store to me on my way back from vacation.  I called them and asked 8 f they had any kd or mf 9n vinyl in stock.  He said they had mf dont break the oath and kd abigail in stock.  I already had kd abigail but not mk dbto so i stopped in.  The recorx store is an hour from my house and is called Virtigo Records and is the best record store i know of in Michigan.  It is very big and has a really good selection.  The place has character as well.  I bought the copy of mf dont break the oath which is the new Metal Blade reissue in 180 and sounds outstanding just like the copy of abigail does.  Just for kicks i checked out the copy of abigail he had and it was the Roadrunner reissue with extra tracks wow!  Just like many have said the cover looks like a really bad photo copy.  I cannot understand why Roadrunner would even release something so bad.  Roadrunner is a pdetty big legit label so i was stunned.  Metal Blade has out done them selves and gain some serious respect from.

Offline SacredMetalMichael

• Just A Shadow
    • Sacred Metal
« Reply #76 on: September 01, 2014, 12:10:30 pm »
Are there any record stores in your area??

Yeah.
But no chance to get them there.
You can't even buy them online here from Europe - only as an import with ridiculous postage.
Top-Records 2008 (so far)
1. Pharaoh – Be Gone
2. The Gates Of Slumber – Conqueror
3. Heart Of Cygnus – Utopia
4. BattleRoar – To Death And Beyond…
5. Gama Bomb – Citizen Brain
6. Ereb Altor – By Honour

Offline Invisible Boy

• Haunted
« Reply #77 on: September 01, 2014, 08:02:03 pm »
Yeah.
But no chance to get them there.
You can't even buy them online here from Europe - only as an import with ridiculous postage.

Amazon.de has it for 17 euros.

http://www.amazon.de/Dont-Break-Oath-Vinyl-LP/dp/B00JJNLYUE/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1409624010&sr=8-12&keywords=don%27t+break+the+oath

Offline Jean le Noir

• Lady In Black
  • Heavy Metal (Is The Law)
« Reply #78 on: September 02, 2014, 10:36:28 am »
Yes, but shipping from amazon.de is not cheap.
There's a little old man...standing by my window

Offline ZachAttack

• Uninvited Guest
« Reply #79 on: September 15, 2014, 12:12:05 pm »
The colors on "Them" look much darker compared to my original copy, but this is quite normal, and I wouldn't call it a photocopy.  The logo is not blurry at all.  This could be how the actual cover was meant to look like. 

I bought my LPs for $22.95 each from my local record store.  Used copies of King Diamond/Mercyful Fate albums always go for at least that much!  My only complaint is that the information on the spines could be bigger.

I saw the Abigail in person a few days ago and the logo on the front actually looks sharper than the original. The colors are a little more vibrant too. Its almost like they "remastered" the artwork. Unfortunately the back cover was not as good. The photos of the band and some of the text was a little fuzzy looking. The only ones I am debating on buying are Fatal Portrait and Them since you can get the original pressings for around the same price as the re-releases. If they re-release Conspiracy, The Eye, or the live album I would definitely buy them since the original pressings are a lot harder to find. I am sure most people don't care but I am really obsessed with the quality, especially after seeing those horrid LP's Roadrunner put out where the back of the LP jacket had the CD case design on the back!

Does anyone know if they are making these from the original analog master tapes? I know that many of these vinyl re-releases are taken from the digitized files they use for the CD, which pretty much defeats the purpose
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 12:14:21 pm by ZachAttack »

Offline Invisible Boy

• Haunted
« Reply #80 on: September 15, 2014, 12:25:46 pm »
I saw the Abigail in person a few days ago and the logo on the front actually looks sharper than the original. The colors are a little more vibrant too. Its almost like they "remastered" the artwork. Unfortunately the back cover was not as good. The photos of the band and some of the text was a little fuzzy looking. The only ones I am debating on buying are Fatal Portrait and Them since you can get the original pressings for around the same price as the re-releases. If they re-release Conspiracy, The Eye, or the live album I would definitely buy them since the original pressings are a lot harder to find. I am sure most people don't care but I am really obsessed with the quality, especially after seeing those horrid LP's Roadrunner put out where the back of the LP jacket had the CD case design on the back!

Does anyone know if they are making these from the original analog master tapes? I know that many of these vinyl re-releases are taken from the digitized files they use for the CD, which pretty much defeats the purpose

They are re-releasing The Eye on September 30. 

By listening to the LPs, they are from the original analog master tapes.

Offline 4StringsRcooler

• Up From The Grave
« Reply #81 on: September 15, 2014, 06:15:18 pm »
I just discovered a hidden message, on Them,  by listening  to the record backwards. 

King told Grandma to sit back down in the chair!

Offline Chagosomar

• Angel Of Light
  • "Moonchild!!! Hear the mandrake scream!"
    • Deadly Fujow. A dark ambient project
« Reply #82 on: September 15, 2014, 08:33:21 pm »

They are re-releasing The Eye on September 30. 

By listening to the LPs, they are from the original analog master tapes.

the eye!?!?!? fuck yeaaaaaaahhhhhhhh

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
  • If thine eyes decieve thee, pluck them out!
« Reply #83 on: September 15, 2014, 11:38:17 pm »
Cool I'll. Be picking that one up. Hope they re-release in the shadows and conspiracy soon.

Offline ZachAttack

• Uninvited Guest
« Reply #85 on: September 16, 2014, 05:45:59 am »
Cool I wonder how many albums they got the rights to? Hopefully they re-release everything, I never had a chance to pick up any of the vinyl releases of his 90s albums

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
« Reply #86 on: September 28, 2014, 06:47:11 pm »
SSo fatal portrait is being re-released also? Just saw it on amazon as a preorder for next month.  Definately going to buy that one.  \m/ \m/ \m/
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 06:48:04 pm by Satans KINGdom »

Offline Chagosomar

• Angel Of Light
« Reply #87 on: September 28, 2014, 09:10:02 pm »
Damn it my THEM vinyl was suppose to be here Friday. Having to wait the whooooooollllleeeeee weekend sucks!

Offline Invisible Boy

• Haunted
« Reply #88 on: September 28, 2014, 09:32:30 pm »
SSo fatal portrait is being re-released also? Just saw it on amazon as a preorder for next month.  Definately going to buy that one.  \m/ \m/ \m/

Yep, I just picked it up this weekend. 

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
« Reply #89 on: September 28, 2014, 10:45:01 pm »

Yep, I just picked it up this weekend.
It's out already? Showed it as a pre-order on amazon. Howw does it sound? They need to make a list of all the vinyls they are reissuing so we don't miss them.

Offline Invisible Boy

• Haunted
« Reply #90 on: September 28, 2014, 11:05:58 pm »
It's out already? Showed it as a pre-order on amazon. Howw does it sound? They need to make a list of all the vinyls they are reissuing so we don't miss them.

It officially gets released on Tuesday, but I have been a very loyal customer to the store I got it from, so they will give it to me when they get the shipment in they will charge my CC on tuesday so they technically are not breaking street date.  I will try to give it a spin on Monday and give a review.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 11:06:31 pm by Invisible Boy »

Offline Invisible Boy

• Haunted
« Reply #91 on: September 30, 2014, 11:55:08 pm »
I spun the Fatal Portrait reissue a few times today.  It sounds amazing!!

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
« Reply #92 on: October 01, 2014, 12:14:31 am »
awesome, I need to get it ASAP!

Offline Chagosomar

• Angel Of Light
« Reply #93 on: October 01, 2014, 04:49:57 pm »
Just received my "them" vinyl in the mail and guess what?
BOOTLEG. Fuck! It said it was the reissue, but 1996, from Germany, and the cover has pixilation like it was taken from a low res picture. Lame!
Now I have to wait another week for correct one!

Offline marblesmike

• Uninvited Guest
« Reply #94 on: October 06, 2014, 07:25:32 pm »
BOOTLEG. Fuck! It said it was the reissue, but 1996, from Germany, and the cover has pixilation like it was taken from a low res picture. Lame!

Where did you order it from?  You probably got the Cargo remastered version of Them which does have the crappy pixelated artwork and even worse sound quality.

I finally got around to listening to the vinyl reissue of The Eye.  The packaging looks practically identical to the original vinyl pressing, so no shitty bootleg look.  Also, the clear vinyl is pressed center and free of defects.  Very little surface noise.  Top notch quality pressing.  This seems to be par for the course for Metal Blade's vinyl reissues, unlike most of Roadrunner's recent US vinyl reissues which are riddled with pressing defects.  So kudos to Metal Blade for not being cheap and getting a good pressing plant to press their vinyl.

The mastering sounds very similar to the original Dutch pressing, which was less bassy and clearer sounding than the American pressing.  So overall I'd say this was worth the $22 from Amazon considering the sound quality, pressing and packaging quality, as well as the fact that original pressings of the 90s stuff can get pricey in good condition.

Offline gustr15

• Spirit
« Reply #95 on: October 12, 2014, 01:33:45 pm »
Aww, I live in Sweden, and I REALLY want these, but they're so expensive with shipping included :icon_sad:... And most of them are out of stock in the Metal Blade shop. Does anybody know where i can find a affordable one?

Sorry for poor english.

Offline marblesmike

• Uninvited Guest
« Reply #96 on: October 12, 2014, 01:43:54 pm »
Aww, I live in Sweden, and I REALLY want these, but they're so expensive with shipping included :icon_sad:... And most of them are out of stock in the Metal Blade shop. Does anybody know where i can find a affordable one?

Sorry for poor english.

Amazon US

Offline Mike Steele

• Fatal Portrait
« Reply #97 on: October 12, 2014, 11:05:46 pm »

It is official. Crappy but official.

Offline KingOfTheRotten

• The King Of Diamonds
  • WHOA YAEE!!!
« Reply #98 on: October 13, 2014, 03:40:39 am »
How does these new copies stand up to the originals from the 80ies? Just wondering!

Offline Davidk

• Mandrake
« Reply #99 on: October 13, 2014, 11:47:57 pm »

Nice !! My copy of that & the eye should be here tomorrow i hope  :hungryevil: