Author Topic: King Diamond "Dreams of Horror" - upcoming compilation from Nuclear Blast?  (Read 31849 times)

Offline zorrow

• Jonah
Just received a printed catalog from Nuclear Blast listing a King Diamond compilation titled "Dreams of Horror", to be released in July. Googled for it, but found nothing.

Can anyone around please tell me/us more about it?

Offline Owen

• Jonah
Since when did Nuclear Blast own any King Diamond music?  :icon_question: :icon_question: :icon_question:

Offline The Joker

• Back Door Man
  • The mother of postwhores!
  • $xDxR
Just received a printed catalog from Nuclear Blast listing a King Diamond compilation titled "Dreams of Horror", to be released in July. Googled for it, but found nothing.

Can anyone around please tell me/us more about it?
Couldn't find anything on nuclear blast site.
Is there any other info on the catalog? Like the cover, song list, etc?

Offline Jean le Noir

• Lady In Black
  • Heavy Metal (Is The Law)
Since when did Nuclear Blast own any King Diamond music?  :icon_question: :icon_question: :icon_question:

They can pay license for songs  :) Actually, if I remember well, High Roller Records issued Abigail II on vinyl limited to 200 pieces, I have this one, but nut 100% sure.
There's a little old man...standing by my window

Offline Shadowswhisper

• Victim Of The Coven
  • even a broken clock is right twice a day
never heard of dreams of horror personally so would not know if it is rumor or truth of a possible compilation cd

Stay heavy \m/
The road to hell is paved with good intentions...would explain why i am so nice !

Offline zorrow

• Jonah
never heard of dreams of horror personally so would not know if it is rumor or truth of a possible compilation cd

Stay heavy \m/
I'll take a picture of the page of the catalog and share it here.

BTW, I've noticed Nuclear Blast also advertise stuff from other labels on their catalog, so it might perfectly be a Metal Blade or whatever-else release.

Offline zorrow

• Jonah
Well, here you go, guys and gals:

http://www.mfkdfaq.com/?cat=5

It looks like I had some sort of a scoop. :D

Offline enigmatech

• Spirit
I might end up purchasing this for my brother. He doesn't like the King...might be a way to show him "the darkness"  :icon_biggrin:.  However, I hope there is some rare (perhaps even new?????????) material for people like me who already own every album.

Offline Jean le Noir

• Lady In Black
Cool avatar @enigmatech  :)

Of course, on this forum, most of us have all KD & MF albums and all we wait patiently new album. I really don't like compilations, but it is King so I will probably buy it. Hope for vinyl version  \m/

Offline Maiden Jersey 2

• Uninvited Guest
  • Become Earth
Ugh this is kinda lame...I don't know haha. If this comp is on the up and up I hope this does not count as part of his 3 album deal with Metal Blade.  His albums for the most part are all concept albums so not sure how this will work as far as a album with studio tracks on it goes, live its a different thing.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 12:10:12 pm by Maiden Jersey 2 »

Offline Count Jonah

• Desecrator Of Souls
  • +++++
I'm hoping it turns out to be a DVD comp!  :king:
"And I'm just the devil with love to spare
Viva Las Vegas Viva Las Vegas" - The King

Offline Davidk

• Mandrake
 Interesting find , thanks for the news on this .

Offline evilmessenger91

• Possessed
Cool avatar @enigmatech  :)

Of course, on this forum, most of us have all KD & MF albums and all we wait patiently new album. I really don't like compilations, but it is King so I will probably buy it. Hope for vinyl version  \m/

There is a vinyl version up for Pre Order on Amazon UK. No pictures of it though so not sure how legit it is until more info on this album is released. I'm not too fussed about it, but will be getting the vinyl if one is released!
OHHH VICTORIA NO!!!

Offline Jean le Noir

• Lady In Black
Thank you evilm. you really surprised me in a positive way. Of course I will buy it on vinyl, thanks again!  \m/

Offline Miguel_Angel

• A Family Ghost
That's maybe part of the 3 album contract KD made with Metal Blade...
Angel...dont leave me now!!!

Offline MagnusRex

• Uninvited Guest
That's kind of disappointing to be honest.

What place does a "best of" album have in 2014?

Hope to hear some originals soon.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 07:20:15 pm by MagnusRex »

Offline zorrow

• Jonah
That's kind of disappointing to be honest.

What place does a "best of" album have in 2014?

Hope to hear some originals soon.
I'll buy it anyway, but yes, it would be nice having a couple of unreleased rarities on it.

BTW, I'd also love an official Mercyful Fate compilation in the same format (2CD digi) which would include the two re-recorded Guitar Hero tracks, plus some remastered live material.

Offline bladestone9

• Owner Of The "LOA" House
  • Taste Religion...Lick A Witch!
Well I hope this is true. a 2 cd compilation would be pretty cool considering we haven't had a new KING release of any kind since Give Me.... So bring on the best of....besides if that is the cover it's killer
I CAN'T GO TO HELL...SATAN STILL HAS THAT RESTRAINING ORDER AGAINST ME.

Offline Chagosomar

• Angel Of Light
  • "Moonchild!!! Hear the mandrake scream!"
    • Deadly Fujow. A dark ambient project
I know I jumped on this a bit late, but it's there gonna be a vinyl release of "deadly lullabies"?

Besides if their was a greatest hits, that would be pretty close.

Offline krisjay

• Holy Shrine
Since it is on vinyl, I'll buy it.

Offline Beast_Regards

• Mad Arab
I asked King about this and while he didn't reveal much what he did say is that it'll be a full anthology of his stuff from across his entire back-catalogue (now that metalblade have managed to secure the rights to release the roadrunner stuff) and he said there's some cool stuff on there that it'll make worth-while for hardcore fans. 

Hope this helps some!

:king:
THIS PLACE IS TERRIBLE!

Offline zorrow

• Jonah
Re: King Diamond "Dreams of Horror" - upcoming compilation from Nuclear Blast?
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2014, 06:17:33 pm »
Well, the summer is almost officially over and there's no more movement on this. Sadly, King's announcements lead to nothing more often than what one wishes. Hope at least the Wacken show will be released as a bonus DVD with the compilation. ::) Now let's be patient -just one more time.  :icon_confused:

Offline bolivarmaxi

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2014, 07:06:24 am »
Well, the summer is almost officially over and there's no more movement on this. Sadly, King's announcements lead to nothing more often than what one wishes. Hope at least the Wacken show will be released as a bonus DVD with the compilation. ::) Now let's be patient -just one more time.  :icon_confused:

I hope the same too
BAMT

Offline U-94

• Up From The Grave
  • "Frankly, I had enjoyed the war."
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2014, 08:25:01 pm »
I would assume recording of a new album will commence after the North American tour?

Offline Livia Zita

• Band
    • Livia's Artsy Stuff
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2014, 02:25:45 am »
The release date had to be pushed back to the end of this year due to some uncontrollable factors. It's VERY difficult to work on so many songs spanning nearly 30 years and make them all sound absolutely fantastic and fitting, while building a studio and going on tour.

Rest assured, this will be released later this year and it's going to be WICKED.

P.S.: This will be released by Metal Blade.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 02:27:29 am by Livia Zita »
Working in the backgrounds :)