Author Topic: King Diamond "Dreams of Horror" - upcoming compilation from Nuclear Blast?  (Read 34220 times)

Offline Count Jonah

• Desecrator Of Souls
  • +++++
Re: King Diamond "Dreams of Horror" - upcoming compilation from Nuclear Blast?
« Reply #100 on: December 06, 2014, 02:54:39 am »
The best way to go will  be with a 2nd or third cd featuring rerecorded tracks in addition to the original CD that is merely remixed.  :king:

Perhaps leak some demos halfway through the process for feedback.  \m/
"And I'm just the devil with love to spare
Viva Las Vegas Viva Las Vegas" - The King

Offline yamzx1

• Unclean Spirit
« Reply #101 on: December 06, 2014, 06:25:21 pm »
I was skeptical about this at first, and I wrote so here months ago....

...but GOD DAMN do I stand corrected. These wrongs really are reworked, they sound fucking great!!! I've always had an issue with the way House of God sounds and it sounds so good here. They really are like different songs, they all sound so much better. They have a complete new texture.

Definitely recommend.

Offline Buko

• Banshee
« Reply #102 on: January 20, 2015, 12:15:25 pm »
Wow, another best of we all needed.... :kopfpatsch:

Offline Count Jonah

• Desecrator Of Souls
  • +++++
« Reply #103 on: January 23, 2015, 04:01:48 am »
Well to be honest it's really more of a collectors item. And to be fair the last best of album was what...a decade ago? And that was a single disc, Roadrunner era only affair. If the tracks sound like they have REALLY been reworked, and I'm talking a major sound difference then I am game.  :king:
"And I'm just the devil with love to spare
Viva Las Vegas Viva Las Vegas" - The King

Offline Painkiller

• Up From The Grave
  • Rocking the Night Away
    • Forces of Steel
« Reply #104 on: January 27, 2015, 10:32:05 pm »
I don't really see the point of picking this up, unless you're new to the band or trying to get just about anything with King Diamond's name slapped on it. With all due respect, so what if the songs are personal picks by two of the band's prominent mainstays?

All of those songs were previously released on their respective albums, so I think I'll just stick with those.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 10:33:05 pm by Painkiller »

Offline TwilightKing

• Administrator
« Reply #105 on: January 28, 2015, 08:29:15 am »
I don't really see the point of picking this up, unless you're new to the band or trying to get just about anything with King Diamond's name slapped on it. With all due respect, so what if the songs are personal picks by two of the band's prominent mainstays?
1. It supports the band
2. Exposes new fans to a lot of songs, hopefully interesting them in buying other albums.
3. Being picked and worked on by King and Andy is better than the record label just picking songs and slapping them on a disc.
4. This comment is borderline inflammatory. If you don't want it/need it/care about it...then don't buy it, and move on. "Due respect" followed by "so what" shows no respect to King, Andy, the band, etc.
5. Disrespectful posts piss me off.

Offline Painkiller

• Up From The Grave
  • Rocking the Night Away
    • Forces of Steel
« Reply #106 on: January 29, 2015, 05:41:46 pm »
1. It supports the band
2. Exposes new fans to a lot of songs, hopefully interesting them in buying other albums.
3. Being picked and worked on by King and Andy is better than the record label just picking songs and slapping them on a disc.
4. This comment is borderline inflammatory. If you don't want it/need it/care about it...then don't buy it, and move on. "Due respect" followed by "so what" shows no respect to King, Andy, the band, etc.
5. Disrespectful posts piss me off.

There was absolutely no "disrespect" intended; it's called constructive criticism, and anything a band or label releases is worthy of criticism. Just because you disagree with someone else doesn't make their words "inflammatory", and they have just as much of a right to an opinion as you do.

Also, you clearly overlooked the part where I mentioned myself acknowledging that this compilation would be useful for getting new fans into this band.

Offline TwilightKing

• Administrator
« Reply #107 on: January 29, 2015, 07:05:54 pm »
I had a long response to this, but then deleted. Why? Because it doesn't matter. Your posts in other threads have already been reported as spam. I've given you the benefit of the doubt. I'll be reviewing your other posts more closely now.

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Superpostwhore
  • If thine eyes decieve thee, pluck them out!
« Reply #108 on: January 29, 2015, 07:11:26 pm »
I had a long response to this, but then deleted. Why? Because it doesn't matter. Your posts in other threads have already been reported as spam. I've given you the benefit of the doubt. I'll be reviewing your other posts more closely now.
I think you should calm down a bit TK, he's a huge fan of KD and MF. Met him personally at the Seattle show, and he's a good dude. Not sure why his posts are reported as spam. That list he made up is a pretty good one, and he put a lot of work into it. I don't agree with everything he says, and not sticking up for him about this thread, just overall he isn't a troll or anything. That's all.

Offline paulcoz

• Mandrake
« Reply #109 on: February 07, 2015, 01:01:22 am »
I'm curious... the songs on this release are said to be the definitive 'enhanced' versions, yes?

Are the chosen songs from the Metal Blade era on 'Dreams of Horror' different to those on the albums recently remastered by Andy (The Spider's Lullaby, The Graveyard, Voodoo & House of God)? If so, what did he get wrong!? I love my Graveyard remaster. :D

I'd like to hear the Roadrunner stuff, but I'm not a fan of compilations.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 01:06:16 am by paulcoz »
Paulcoz.

Offline Beast_Regards

• Mad Arab
« Reply #110 on: February 12, 2015, 05:08:28 pm »
I'm curious... the songs on this release are said to be the definitive 'enhanced' versions, yes?

Are the chosen songs from the Metal Blade era on 'Dreams of Horror' different to those on the albums recently remastered by Andy (The Spider's Lullaby, The Graveyard, Voodoo & House of God)? If so, what did he get wrong!? I love my Graveyard remaster. :D

I'd like to hear the Roadrunner stuff, but I'm not a fan of compilations.

I couldn't hear any difference between the Andy reissues and DOH honestly. 
THIS PLACE IS TERRIBLE!

Offline janiperta

• Mandrake
« Reply #111 on: February 21, 2015, 12:33:03 pm »
Has there been any words about a vinyl release? Got the CD already, but I would love this in vinyl...