Author Topic: King Diamond "Dreams of Horror" - upcoming compilation from Nuclear Blast?  (Read 29775 times)

Offline bolivarmaxi

• "Amon" Belongs To You
Re: King Diamond "Dreams of Horror" - upcoming compilation from Nuclear Blast?
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2014, 07:05:19 am »
The release date had to be pushed back to the end of this year due to some uncontrollable factors. It's VERY difficult to work on so many songs spanning nearly 30 years and make them all sound absolutely fantastic and fitting, while building a studio and going on tour.

Rest assured, this will be released later this year and it's going to be WICKED.

P.S.: This will be released by Metal Blade.

We need a new album plus a bonus of making it
BAMT

Offline dainis11

• Unborn
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 01:12:39 pm by dainis11 »

Offline Grace

• Lurker From The Dark
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2014, 05:35:36 pm »
Question for King (and Livia):

Will this compilation "eat up" one of the three albums you signed a contract for with Metal Blade records, considering they had to acquire the old RoadRunner licenses to put it out? Just curious...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"If thine eyes deceive thee, pluck them out"

Offline Beast_Regards

• Mad Arab
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2014, 03:16:49 am »
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/king-diamond-best-of-collection-due-next-year/

Just an update, Blabbermouth.net reported that DREAMS OF HORROR would be released next year but Livia confirmed yesterday that a release date is set for early November

Livia Zita-Bendix
Release date is November 11th 2014 in the USA. :) Few days before that is EU release, IIRC.

CHEERS!!!  :king:
THIS PLACE IS TERRIBLE!

Offline Livia Zita

• Band
    • Livia's Artsy Stuff
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2014, 02:31:02 pm »
Question for King (and Livia):

Will this compilation "eat up" one of the three albums you signed a contract for with Metal Blade records, considering they had to acquire the old RoadRunner licenses to put it out? Just curious...

No, it won't.

Nothing to do with that.

And it's not just a Best Of album, King and Andy spent a ridiculously huge amount of time remastering the songs so they fit with each other as well as sounding the best they've (and I've) ever heard.
Working in the backgrounds :)

Offline Grace

• Lurker From The Dark
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2014, 06:42:58 pm »
Thanks for the info, Livia!

Offline Beast_Regards

• Mad Arab
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2014, 12:03:01 pm »
Frankly, I'm disappointed.  I'm sure King & co. have put in a lot of time to put out a high-quality compilation album but really, that IS all it is as far as I'm concerned.  I already own all the albums.  All of them.  There is no incentive here for die-hard fans at all, other than having a fresh mix on classic tracks - but why would you ever stop an album to listen to a specific cut of one song before listening to the rest of the album?  You wouldn't.  It's silly.  I'm sure it'll be a great release but with nothing extra in terms of anything unreleased, live recordings, demos, guest-spots, anything really to encourage me to buy music that really, I already have.  I'm going to have to pass on this.  Sorry.   :disturbed:
THIS PLACE IS TERRIBLE!

Offline bolivarmaxi

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2014, 01:49:32 pm »
Frankly, I'm disappointed.  I'm sure King & co. have put in a lot of time to put out a high-quality compilation album but really, that IS all it is as far as I'm concerned.  I already own all the albums.  All of them.  There is no incentive here for die-hard fans at all, other than having a fresh mix on classic tracks - but why would you ever stop an album to listen to a specific cut of one song before listening to the rest of the album?  You wouldn't.  It's silly.  I'm sure it'll be a great release but with nothing extra in terms of anything unreleased, live recordings, demos, guest-spots, anything really to encourage me to buy music that really, I already have.  I'm going to have to pass on this.  Sorry.   :disturbed:

I´d love to hear a new album or a Blue Ray maybe king some day understand that the die heard fans needs
BAMT

Offline Grace

• Lurker From The Dark
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2014, 06:47:08 pm »

Well, I agree with you in a sense. I would never buy this album no matter how big of a fan I am, as I also have all the originals and all the re-masters. However, this is a great opportunity for new metal heads to discover King Diamond and go from there. "Best of"-collections are really not made for the fans, but rather to generate a new audience who otherwise wouldn't know where to start with a band that has such an extensive catalogue. Some of the choices on there are weird as hell (*coughTheSpider'sLullabyeandWaitingcough*), at the expense of some better songs that may have drawn in more people (*coughwherethefuckisLoaHouse?cough*), but I get what they were trying to do: build an atmospheric collection that represents every single album in some way without losing that sense of dramatic ambience. King Diamond is a full experience, and in some way I hope this "Dreams of Horror" serves to entice a whole bunch of new fans that will now come to the shows and keep the KD train rolling. He can't live off you and me. We don't buy shit since we already have "everything" and just want a new goddamn album. To tour, you need new and old fans to show up, and this is a smart move right before the North American tour. Kids gotta eat.

And, hey... I am happy "Dreams" is FINALLY getting its overdue 10 seconds of fame. That has been one of my favorite KD songs since I heard it the first time.

(And also... We should either start a drinking game with a shot for every time bolivarmaxi writes "dvd" or "bluray". We'd be piss ass drunk in no time, the whole lot of us. Or a bingo game with silly prizes... We might as well make it fun. It's not going away.)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 06:53:44 pm by Grace »

Offline Chagosomar

• Angel Of Light
  • "Moonchild!!! Hear the mandrake scream!"
    • Deadly Fujow. A dark ambient project
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2014, 01:21:13 am »
There are new fans that will appreciate this. Not everyone wants to go and buy full albums blindly without hearing something like this first, and then there are those other fans who may not be die hard, but would still love a greatest hits type thing.
Plus we still have 3 more new albums to look forward to.

So yeah, I wish it was new stuff, but I'm good with the Austin date for now. And I'm curious to hear the new masters. Hopefully something off "them," because the mix/master has always been . . . Different.

Offline Maiden Jersey 2

• Uninvited Guest
  • Become Earth
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2014, 06:24:48 am »
*coughwherethefuckisLoaHouse?cough*)

I have been saying that forever. I just dont get it because most KD fans will agree that its one of his best songs. That song needs to be a opener in the live set.

Offline bolivarmaxi

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2014, 07:47:41 am »
I hope king diamond plays in USA concert this tracks from the Dreams of Horror,specacially from the graveyard, waiting and heads on the wall.
BAMT

Offline Count Jonah

• Desecrator Of Souls
  • +++++
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2014, 12:15:47 pm »
I have been saying that forever. I just dont get it because most KD fans will agree that its one of his best songs. That song needs to be a opener in the live set.

I second that! I've been on several different King boards throughout the years and I've always seen that consensus. There is a big enough demand that it should take precedence over "you can't please everyone" reasoning. "Voodoo" is an OKAY song compared to "Loa House" Which is a KD mega masterpiece of a track!
"And I'm just the devil with love to spare
Viva Las Vegas Viva Las Vegas" - The King

Offline Count Jonah

• Desecrator Of Souls
  • +++++
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2014, 12:22:46 pm »
(And also... We should either start a drinking game with a shot for every time bolivarmaxi writes "dvd" or "bluray". We'd be piss ass drunk in no time, the whole lot of us. Or a bingo game with silly prizes... We might as well make it fun. It's not going away.)

And there will be Baby Abigail dart throwing and severed head bobbing competitions too!
The prize will be a DVD/Blue Ray of Mercyful Fate's 1982 show! :P

I'd rather buy that than a compilation with no new or unreleased tracks.  :king:
"And I'm just the devil with love to spare
Viva Las Vegas Viva Las Vegas" - The King

Offline Livia Zita

• Band
    • Livia's Artsy Stuff
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2014, 11:15:43 pm »
*snip*
The prize will be a DVD/Blue Ray of Mercyful Fate's... *snip*

This is the place my eyes flicked to the username, fully expecting it to say "bolivarmaxi".  :slookl:
Working in the backgrounds :)

Offline Chagosomar

• Angel Of Light
  • "Moonchild!!! Hear the mandrake scream!"
    • Deadly Fujow. A dark ambient project
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2014, 12:01:30 am »
This is the place my eyes flicked to the username, fully expecting it to say "bolivarmaxi".  :slookl:
Hahahaha"bluray Boli" : )

Offline Beast_Regards

• Mad Arab
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2014, 05:24:21 am »
I'm more than willing to buy the re-releases if King manages to get the 80s albums re-released with the production values that he wants and used for Dreams Of Horror but King Diamond's albums are meant to be heard as albums  :king:
THIS PLACE IS TERRIBLE!

Offline bolivarmaxi

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2014, 07:13:42 am »

lol, I am not only one
BAMT

Offline TwilightKing

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2014, 08:44:55 am »
lol, I am not only one
but you're the most vocal. I'm going to change your username. (just joking  :smileok: )

I will say that compilation albums are not my thing, but I will say that for new fans that they can be awesome. I only owned The Eye, heard most of Them, and the only MF cd I had was In the Shadows. I bought the A Dangerous Meeting cd to hear as much from MF and KD that I could. I wore that CD out, and it made me want MORE!! That was back in the early 90s. I also loved the booklet that had the history of the bands and some cool photos.

Dreams of Horror will be awesome for new KD fans.  :cool:

Offline ZachAttack

• Uninvited Guest
« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2014, 09:44:08 am »

I have also been saying this. LOA House is easily the best song he's recorded in the entire 1990s. I don't think he has ever played it live, even on the Voodoo tour
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 09:46:32 am by ZachAttack »

Offline KingOfTheRotten

• The King Of Diamonds
  • WHOA YAEE!!!
« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2014, 03:55:28 am »
I don't give a fuck! I am going to buy this! I like to be able to hear a mix of different songs from different albums, it is great for car rides as well! And with new mixes it will be quite interessting at least for me! Yes the tracklisting could be better (oh and fuck yeah The LOA House is one of King's best songs, I totally agree) but guys, it is hard to make a ''best off'' album with a band that (at least imo) has made nothing that wasn't superb.

Offline Grace

• Lurker From The Dark
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2014, 05:26:19 pm »
Sober afterthought:

Maybe it is just me, but could this have been released BEFORE the tour, instead of 3 days AFTER the last show of the tour to have a more positive impact on gaining new fans? Sure, sold out is sold out, but I am just wondering what the reasoning was behind that business decision? Is the album meant to capitalize on the momentum from the buzz of the tour, or would the tour have benefited from capitalizing on the momentum of the album release instead? I am thinking releasing it BEFORE would have sold well on both ends, but I am obviously not privy to the details.

Just curious how the discussion went behind the scene, is all.

(Also, the iTunes version listed for preorder for the 11/11 release is called "Dreams of Horror - The Metal Blade Years" and does not have any RoadRunner stuff on it. Will there be a two set release? Somebody should get on that to capitalize on people wanting to preordering it, but deciding not to, due to faulty information.)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 05:33:18 pm by Grace »

Offline Maiden Jersey

• The mother of postwhores!
  • Become Earth
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2014, 03:47:45 pm »
Hopefully something off "them," because the mix/master has always been . . . Different.

That is the reason I just caved in and pre ordered it . Them has some of the best music but its the worst fucking mix/master ugh.