Author Topic: Laugh from Abigail 2  (Read 3421 times)

Offline Cornloaf

• Lady In Black
Laugh from Abigail 2
« on: May 24, 2007, 05:58:52 am »
I was just listening to the song "The Seven Tongues of God" by Nevermore and I could have sworn the little girl laughing at the end of that song is the same sound clip from Abigail 2.  Can anyone with the Nevermore album The Politics of Ecstacy (Remastered) verify this?

Offline maarten.

• The mother of postwhores!
  • NCS Team
Re: Laugh from Abigail 2
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 09:07:12 am »
i don't have the remaster but the original, but at the end you have indeed a soundclip of a laughing girl. this soundclip however is a very famous one and is been used a 100 times already on albums, soundtracks, tv programs, commercials... again, i don't have the remaster, so maybe they change the soundclip?
the one on Abigail II you are refiring too is king himself i think (i hope you are talking about the song More Than Pain, otherwise i have no idea where else there's a laugh), so not the same as the one Nevermore uses

Neffie's penguin's

Offline Huntsmænus

• King Of Pain
  • Putrefaction
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 02:48:35 pm »
I think I know which track y'all are talking about. Indeed, it has turned up almost everywhere. Including from a BBC program from 1964! It's a track almost every studio and even television, film  and/or radio station should have in their digicarts...
Resistance is inadvisable...

Offline Cornloaf

• Lady In Black
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2007, 04:48:28 am »
Now I am confused.  I am pretty sure that I read in an interview that Abigail 2 was the first time that King used someone else's voice.  The little girl's part was played by his neighbor's 7 or 8 year old daughter.  I think the Nevermore CD came out in 1999.  So it can't be the same unless they used a sample for the laughing bit.  And I can't figure out what song had the laugh now!  I am not at home so I don't have access to my CD.

Offline Count Jonah

• Desecrator Of Souls
  • +++++
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2007, 04:57:48 am »
I think that Nevermore album came out in '96 or earlier. The girl probably wasn't even born then! Nowadays, I don't think King should have used the girl on the album...it just doesn't work. Now the "Abigail laugh" on More Than Pain, that works! Simply evil!  :cool:
"And I'm just the devil with love to spare
Viva Las Vegas Viva Las Vegas" - The King

Offline Huntsmænus

• King Of Pain
  • Putrefaction
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2007, 01:08:30 pm »
The problem with using the girl, if you're a traditionalist, is that Abigail was not around 5 years old. She was a fetus. Abigail II has a richer storyline and expanded continuity. Or discontinuity. You might say Abigail II is not unlike Evil Dead II: both are sequels yet remakes. The laugh heard at the end of More Than Pain might actually be King's voice, and sounds very much like the sample of the girl/woman laughing...
Resistance is inadvisable...

Offline Cornloaf

• Lady In Black
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2007, 03:33:40 am »
So I just streamed the whole Abigail 2 CD from my house and didn't hear the laugh that I thought I recognized.  So I was brainstorming again.

Then someone sent me an IM.  I use Trillian for IM since I have friends that use every type of chat program.  And then I heard it.  It was the sound of the girl laughing when someone sends you an LOL!!!