Author Topic: King Diamond North American Tour 2014  (Read 116932 times)

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Superpostwhore
  • If thine eyes decieve thee, pluck them out!
Re: King Diamond North American Tour 2014
« Reply #100 on: June 27, 2014, 11:22:57 pm »
I am only guessing about the VIP up front, but it's an educated guess. They have an orchestra section up front that didn't show up for a choice when tickets went on sale today at 10am. I was on right at 10 to see what my choices were, and I could have boght 3rd row on the right section on the floor, but nothing closer to that. It was literally less than 5 seconds after they went on sale so it couldn't have sold that whole front section that fast. And add to the fact that the VIP sections didn't give you a seating choice, I assume that means some sort of pit area, and that has to be up front.

So if you see someone with a Voodoo shirt on in the pit, that will be me.....probably! :D

I do wish it wasn't a pit area, but the one and only time I saw King play was in a GA show and security made sure there wwas no pits going as per Kings request. It was a great crowd with minimal pushing after the first few songs got underway and everyone learned their place....which was behind me lol

and actually, I wish my wife weren't a fan, could have saved me a 100 bucks!   :cool:

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Superpostwhore
« Reply #101 on: June 27, 2014, 11:27:03 pm »
I just checked the seattle venue seats again, and looks like they are going fast. best available is in the balcony row M, but the VIP seats are still open. Thought for sure those would be gone by now.

Offline Invisible Boy

• Haunted
« Reply #102 on: June 28, 2014, 01:33:30 am »
I bought my tickets for the Chicago show a few hours after tickets went on sale.  The venue holds 1400 people, and I had tickets 961-965.  So there were, at the most, 335 tickets remaining at the time I purchased the tickets!!!  Should be a packed house at one of my favorite venues!!  The best show I have ever seen there was Mercyful Fate on the Time tour.  I happened to be standing next to Billy Corgan of Smashing Pumpkins and he let me have a hit off of his joint.   :lol:

Offline Madhatter

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #103 on: June 28, 2014, 06:06:15 am »

I do wish it wasn't a pit area, but the one and only time I saw King play was in a GA show and security made sure there wwas no pits going as per Kings request.

I hope King still uses this rule haha. I love being up close but the moshers can ruin it. If you want to get violent, go to a hardcore/thrash/death show.
And the blood shall flow free like words... And the bones will form stairs to the future...

Offline SatanKing

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #104 on: June 28, 2014, 06:11:52 am »
I know!  The one time I saw King was at the Chicago House of Blues during the PM tour and me and my buddy were right in the front and the damn mosher's  wanted to spend the night fighting and shoving each other around instead of enjoying the actual concert >:D

And King did look at our area a lot with a look of concern on his face.  I did not know he requested that stuff like that not be done.  Good for him :)
"Satanism is about the Powers/Spirits of Darkness/Unknown" - King Diamond

Offline Davidk

• Mandrake
« Reply #105 on: June 28, 2014, 12:08:04 pm »
I hope King still uses this rule haha. I love being up close but the moshers can ruin it. If you want to get violent, go to a hardcore/thrash/death show.

That would be great if he did not allow it ...............or better yet  go to the back of the venue & do it , your not watching the show anyways  :D:

Offline CursedPharaoh

• Spirit
« Reply #106 on: June 29, 2014, 12:18:24 am »
What really hurts my heart is that there are no dates for Jackson, Mississippi ): I'd absolutely love for King to be the first band I ever see live.

Offline DarkLordNick666

• Haunted
  • Having fun? I know I am!
King in Utah!!
« Reply #107 on: June 29, 2014, 12:55:27 pm »
I never thought it would happen, but finally...King Diamond is coming to Utah!!  :king:

You're goddamn right, I'll be there!!
The only light inside this tomb is coming from so high above us!

Offline Miguel_Angel

• A Family Ghost
« Reply #108 on: June 29, 2014, 04:16:36 pm »
I'm going to travel from Sonora Mexico to Tucson, Arizona, I already have my tickets. Dont feel sad if KD is not going to your city, there's always a bus to take...
Angel...dont leave me now!!!

Offline MagnusRex

• Uninvited Guest
« Reply #109 on: June 29, 2014, 09:25:10 pm »
There will be "ticket only" for sale at all venues.
There is only a limited number of Jacket & Ticket available.

Maybe I'm misremembering, but I could have sworn I paid a higher price for a VIP ticket, for a higher price, back in 2008 which included a meet and greet. The tour ended up being cancelled due to King's back problems. Am I wrong?

That said, I would have definitely shelled out a bit more money for a meet and greet. What are the chances of running into the band after the show in NYC?

Offline KingOfTheRotten

• The King Of Diamonds
  • WHOA YAEE!!!
« Reply #110 on: June 30, 2014, 03:46:54 am »
Maybe I'm misremembering, but I could have sworn I paid a higher price for a VIP ticket, for a higher price, back in 2008 which included a meet and greet. The tour ended up being cancelled due to King's back problems. Am I wrong?

That said, I would have definitely shelled out a bit more money for a meet and greet. What are the chances of running into the band after the show in NYC?
[/quoteUsually chances are pretty damn good with the rest of the band (KD not included), I think he has to make sure he doesn't get a cold after a show with all the sweat and remove face paint. At least that is what has come to my understanding. But it is usually pretty easy as far as I have heard to meet the other guys :)

Offline Invisible Boy

• Haunted
« Reply #111 on: June 30, 2014, 08:33:06 am »
Chicago show SOLD OUT!!   I wonder if it will be moved to a larger venue. 

Offline SatanKing

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #112 on: June 30, 2014, 07:05:08 pm »
Chicago sold out already?  Oh well means I am not going after all this time

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Superpostwhore
« Reply #113 on: June 30, 2014, 07:28:09 pm »
Stubhub is your friend.

Offline JUSTME

• Unborn
« Reply #114 on: June 30, 2014, 09:31:51 pm »
Oct 13 show, a long drive but a must. Bringing a rookie who has been to less than 50 concerts.

Offline Invisible Boy

• Haunted
« Reply #115 on: July 01, 2014, 12:06:39 am »

Stubhub would work.  Also, keep checking at etix.com especially as the show nears.  It is very normal for more tickets to open up as the show nears. 

Offline SatanKing

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #116 on: July 01, 2014, 04:05:10 am »
Thanks Satans KINGdom and Invisible boy

Offline Maiden Jersey 2

• Uninvited Guest
  • Become Earth
« Reply #117 on: July 01, 2014, 08:16:07 am »
NYC show is sold out woo hoo ! Can't wait.  \m/

Offline Davidk

• Mandrake
« Reply #118 on: July 01, 2014, 02:33:36 pm »
 Amazing the shows are selling out .............. if this does well it only will bring on more USA shows in the future maybe even at Bigger venues  \m/

Offline DirtbikeDave917

• The Puppetmaster
« Reply #119 on: July 01, 2014, 05:09:48 pm »
come down to St Louis
Amazing the shows are selling out .............. if this does well it only will bring on more USA shows in the future maybe even at Bigger venues  \m/
I like the smaller venues vs the big ones. I think it sounds better than the outside or a arena.  Plus not one bad place to stand.

Offline sarnath

• Uninvited Guest
« Reply #120 on: July 01, 2014, 06:02:50 pm »
NYC show is sold out woo hoo ! Can't wait.  \m/

\m/ \m/ \m/ \m/

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Superpostwhore
« Reply #121 on: July 01, 2014, 07:01:52 pm »
come down to St Louis I like the smaller venues vs the big ones. I think it sounds better than the outside or a arena.  Plus not one bad place to stand.
Depends on the place, but for the most part you're right. The only concert I can recall held at an arena that sounded better than anything, was when we saw Roger Waters. That guys sound system was incredible, and we were off to the side of the stage the second time we saw The Wall, and it sounded just as good when we were in the 8th row center. Very impressed when we saw him, but most bands don't have that quality and the arena shows usually sound pretty shitty unless you are close to the front and center.

The place King is playing up here has excellent acoustics, I am very excited for this show because of it. Well that and it's king fucking diamond! :D
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 07:03:12 pm by Satans KINGdom »

Offline 13

• Mandrake
    • Scene Point Blank
« Reply #122 on: July 02, 2014, 10:11:48 pm »
Yesssssssss.

Offline Chagosomar

• Angel Of Light
  • "Moonchild!!! Hear the mandrake scream!"
    • Deadly Fujow. A dark ambient project
« Reply #123 on: July 02, 2014, 10:20:21 pm »
Is that the paramount in Denver? Or somewhere else?

Offline Chagosomar

• Angel Of Light
  • "Moonchild!!! Hear the mandrake scream!"
    • Deadly Fujow. A dark ambient project
« Reply #124 on: July 02, 2014, 10:46:26 pm »
Nvrmnd. Denver. Saw a lot of shows at the paramount.