Author Topic: King Diamond North American Tour 2014  (Read 108771 times)

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
  • If thine eyes decieve thee, pluck them out!
Re: King Diamond North American Tour 2014
« Reply #225 on: August 22, 2014, 05:41:26 pm »
Got the actual physical ticket in the mail yesterday, shit is getting real now.  :king:
Lucky you! I ordered that VIP thing, and I have to go to will call for my ticket I guess. I would much rather have a ticket in hand before I get to Seattle. This whole VIP thing has me a lot nervous for some reason. I hope we didn't get screwed somehow, cuz I never heard of this company and nobody seems to have much info on where the VIP seats are, or whatever. I am only guessing they are GA seats up front, but that is a guess. Nobody has confirmed anything about them, for all I know they are in the back row of the venue, or out in the parking lot.

Offline Brian

• You Are "9"
  • EVIL INCARNATE
« Reply #226 on: August 22, 2014, 05:44:35 pm »
Lucky you! I ordered that VIP thing, and I have to go to will call for my ticket I guess. I would much rather have a ticket in hand before I get to Seattle. This whole VIP thing has me a lot nervous for some reason. I hope we didn't get screwed somehow, cuz I never heard of this company and nobody seems to have much info on where the VIP seats are, or whatever. I am only guessing they are GA seats up front, but that is a guess. Nobody has confirmed anything about them, for all I know they are in the back row of the venue, or out in the parking lot.
:D come on now ....parkinglot V.I.P. Not , im sure you got the hook up . I didnt get V.I.P. but did get good seats .  :king:
In Hell ....I will Kill you again !

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
« Reply #227 on: August 22, 2014, 05:55:41 pm »
:D come on now ....parkinglot V.I.P. Not , im sure you got the hook up . I didnt get V.I.P. but did get good seats .  :king:
I'm sure it will be fine, but I am not going to rest easy till I get in the venue or at the very least find out more about these VIP tickets. I keep meaning to write this company that sold them and find out more, but it keeps getting forgotten about. But like right now, since there are no customers, I think I shall try and find out.  :smileok:

Offline krisjay

• Holy Shrine
« Reply #228 on: August 23, 2014, 04:13:21 pm »
The Palladium show is old school, all GA.

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
« Reply #229 on: August 26, 2014, 05:06:51 pm »
lol 3 emails and no response from these morons. What a lame ass company. At least I got this in my email today:

2x 10/28/2014 | Seattle, WA at Moore Theatre | King Diamond - VIP Bundle / X-Large

\m/ :king: \m/

Now, If they would only tell me a bit more about the so called VIP "seating" and let me know where I will be seeing King, I would be a happy camper....depending on the answer I get lol

Offline marblesmike

• Uninvited Guest
« Reply #230 on: August 27, 2014, 06:57:33 am »
lol 3 emails and no response from these morons. What a lame ass company. At least I got this in my email today:

2x 10/28/2014 | Seattle, WA at Moore Theatre | King Diamond - VIP Bundle / X-Large

\m/ :king: \m/

Now, If they would only tell me a bit more about the so called VIP "seating" and let me know where I will be seeing King, I would be a happy camper....depending on the answer I get lol

VIP seats are the same as the regular seats, except you got a jacket.  Nothing else was advertised with the VIP package.  No special seating or meet and greets or anything.

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
« Reply #231 on: August 27, 2014, 09:18:48 am »
VIP seats are the same as the regular seats, except you got a jacket.  Nothing else was advertised with the VIP package.  No special seating or meet and greets or anything.
yeah, the difference is, in the venue they are playing here in Seattle is reserved seating, but this VIP ticket I bought gave me no seat number. So that is why I am confused and would like some answers as to where the fuck we are supposed to sit.

Offline Chagosomar

• Angel Of Light
  • "Moonchild!!! Hear the mandrake scream!"
    • Deadly Fujow. A dark ambient project
« Reply #232 on: August 27, 2014, 10:22:45 am »
You are prob GA in the front, that's my guess. Not sure where else the Moore would put you.

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
« Reply #233 on: August 27, 2014, 03:37:08 pm »
You are prob GA in the front, that's my guess. Not sure where else the Moore would put you.
yeah probably, I would just like to know for sure before hand. Cant help it, I'm. OCD about some shit I guess lol

Offline inwinterbleeding

• Spirit
« Reply #234 on: August 27, 2014, 08:18:13 pm »
It's St. Louis... as much as I'd like to think, I doubt it will sell out.  I'll be there though.  Last time I saw him in Stl., he drew a few hundred and he's playing a 1500 seat venue.  I'm sure it will be a good turnout.  The sound is amazing at this venue, The Pageant.

I just hope tickets in STL are still available by the time I can afford to purchase one. (Oh, and of course that King is well  :king: )

Offline Count Jonah

• Desecrator Of Souls
  • +++++
« Reply #235 on: August 29, 2014, 03:07:51 am »
Does anybody know if I can get House of Blues tickets at their box office but for a different city? I want to get a ticket for HoB Las Vegas, but buy it from the Los Angeles location.  :slookl:
"And I'm just the devil with love to spare
Viva Las Vegas Viva Las Vegas" - The King

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
« Reply #236 on: August 29, 2014, 01:23:50 pm »
So after 4 emails, and two phone calls they finally answer me. I will never again use this shit service to buy anything from. They are outright fucking ridiculous, and still haven't answered me. All I asked was where the seats were going to be, I get this BS;

'As stated on our website on the home page and during the time of purchase, we are digital delivery/ will call only.  Please print off this confirmation and bring it with you on the day of the event that you purchased tickets for. You will need to present your receipt to the will call office for admission. Access, times, and seat locations will be emailed to you approximately one week before the day of the show.'

which is BS because I neve once read anything like that on their site. As far as the whole week before day of show info goes anyways. I knew about will call and all that stuff. So I wrote them back telling them that it's BS and wanted to know where our seats are located. Hundreds of concerts under my belt and this is a first that I've never known where I am sitting. I get this in reply:

"Would you prefer to cancel your tickets as this seems to have upset you?

Thanks"

Seriously? Never again, and I urge the KD camp to never allow this shithole company to represent you again. They are amateur POS assholes that know nothing of customer service.

Offline Invisible Boy

• Haunted
« Reply #237 on: August 29, 2014, 01:47:19 pm »
So after 4 emails, and two phone calls they finally answer me. I will never again use this shit service to buy anything from. They are outright fucking ridiculous, and still haven't answered me. All I asked was where the seats were going to be, I get this BS;

'As stated on our website on the home page and during the time of purchase, we are digital delivery/ will call only.  Please print off this confirmation and bring it with you on the day of the event that you purchased tickets for. You will need to present your receipt to the will call office for admission. Access, times, and seat locations will be emailed to you approximately one week before the day of the show.'

which is BS because I neve once read anything like that on their site. As far as the whole week before day of show info goes anyways. I knew about will call and all that stuff. So I wrote them back telling them that it's BS and wanted to know where our seats are located. Hundreds of concerts under my belt and this is a first that I've never known where I am sitting. I get this in reply:

Thanks"

Seriously? Never again, and I urge the KD camp to never allow this shithole company to represent you again. They are amateur POS assholes that know nothing of customer service.

My guess is they don't know the seat location of the tickets yet.  They probably bought a block of tickets from the promoter, and the promoter has not given them the tickets yet.  This is standard practice with deals like this. 

Offline Brian

• You Are "9"
  • EVIL INCARNATE
« Reply #238 on: August 29, 2014, 05:33:33 pm »

Thanks"

Well I used Ticketfly for the tickets here and paid for home delivery (1.50 whhhooo!!) and after a month of no show I called and the rep. was pretty rude as well . saying "well your venue is 2 months away so dont get excited . Fuck that !!! I want my tickets dude !  But then i received them like 3 or 4 days later . This show is only general admission and balcony seating so pretty straight forward .   
In Hell ....I will Kill you again !

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
« Reply #239 on: August 29, 2014, 06:22:43 pm »
Well I used Ticketfly for the tickets here and paid for home delivery (1.50 whhhooo!!) and after a month of no show I called and the rep. was pretty rude as well . saying "well your venue is 2 months away so dont get excited . Fuck that !!! I want my tickets dude !  But then i received them like 3 or 4 days later . This show is only general admission and balcony seating so pretty straight forward .   
Only reason I ordered them is because when it says VIP package, that usually means the best of the best. But the way this shithole company is treating their customers, I think they need to reword shit. I should have just waited till they went on sale thru a regular ticket outlet and got them that way. Might not get the jacket and all that, but at least I would know where the hell my seats are. Looked on stubhub yesterday and all that was available there is seats up in the balcony. I've sat up there before, and it's not where I would ever want to see King Diamond. Only ones still left from the theater is even worse, up in the 3rd deck GA seating only. They better now try and stick us up there for this VIP shit. I swear I will hunt them down and kill them if so! lol

Offline DirtbikeDave917

• The Puppetmaster
« Reply #240 on: August 29, 2014, 09:25:27 pm »
you'll be up front with your jacket....I hope. that would be VIP to me. Let us know how this plays out.

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
« Reply #241 on: August 29, 2014, 09:42:29 pm »
you'll be up front with your jacket....I hope. that would be VIP to me. Let us know how this plays out.
I hope so too....obviously lol

I have now emailed them 4 times, the concert venue once, and have emailed metal blade. I looked them up on the BBB site but not much info there. They did have one complaint against them but no details about it that I could find.

But yes, I will post it here if I get anything.

Offline Beelzebub

• The mother of postwhores!
  • SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
« Reply #242 on: August 31, 2014, 06:37:51 am »
I never pay extra for crap like meet and greet, t-shirts, cds, etc. Just tickets. When I'm there, I decide if I get something from the merch table. And never buy tickets without knowing exactly where the seats are. I've seen VIP stands that were just aweful. I also never buy tickets without knowing the lineup. Fucking festivals that offer 10% off when no bands are announced. Yeah, I'll takes my chances.
Anyway, I just hope you don't get stuck on the balcony with an x-small jacket!
As of October 2017, number of years I've been a coven member, waiting for the dvds: 12

Offline blastitol

• Spirit
« Reply #243 on: September 02, 2014, 12:19:42 am »
I'm sure everything will work out just fine.  I felt pretty confident about buying the VIP since it was promoted on the KD website.  There were probably a shitload of presales and you would think that if this company was trying to fuck people over, it would not only come back on them but the band as well.

Isn't there a moderator who is in contact with the band that can speak to this?  I am not personally worried about anything but I kind of see your point.  If the jacket doesn't show, that's when you start making a stink.

For the record, the company screwed up the location of the Atlanta show ( it's at Center Stage but the confirmation email said Bowery South) and I contacted them via email.  They were very prompt in there response and fixed their discrepancy.  Bowery South is the promoter for the show.  Kinda amateurish but an honest mistake.  Shit happens.

Offline wildchildelsner

• Voodoo Priest
  • The dreams... They always do come true
« Reply #244 on: September 02, 2014, 10:13:53 am »
I hope so too....obviously lol

I have now emailed them 4 times, the concert venue once, and have emailed metal blade. I looked them up on the BBB site but not much info there. They did have one complaint against them but no details about it that I could find.

But yes, I will post it here if I get anything.
Aw man, I feel bad that you have to go through the frustration. I saw the jacket option when I got my ticket, but I figured I could make my own KD patch jacket that looked better than that one AND still get my ideal spot. And what do you know, I ended up getting pit \m/ :D. Hope it all works out for you man.
"We are Grim Salvation, we play heavy metal and melt faces, now quit gawking and go mental!"

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
« Reply #245 on: September 02, 2014, 07:29:56 pm »
Aw man, I feel bad that you have to go through the frustration. I saw the jacket option when I got my ticket, but I figured I could make my own KD patch jacket that looked better than that one AND still get my ideal spot. And what do you know, I ended up getting pit \m/ :D. Hope it all works out for you man.
Yeah this makes less and less sense now. I get a response back from The Moore theater about seats, and this is what they say;

We are sorry for your frustration. We can tell you that the VIP packages include seats on the Main Floor. Seats will be assigned by purchase date order. However seat assignments haven't been made yet. This is due to the nature of the fan club sales.

Thank You,

-------------------------------------------------------

So in other words, it's even worse than I thought possibly because we do have seats reserved sort of, but they can't say where they will be, depending on what day and time we got the tickets. If we're not in the first 3 rows I am going to be very upset.

so is this normal? I've never went to a show where they just tell you a week before hand where you are sitting. Am I being stupid here? Why am I the only one bringing up this issue? Guess I just don't get this shit, you would think after hundreds of concerts I'd know better by now. I mean this isn't my first go round, this year marks the 30th year since my first concert, so I do know a few things. Hell I used to be a freakin stagehand FFS, and still never heard no shit like this before. Never again am I buying this type of deal for a concert like King. Any other band and I probably wouldn't give a shit as much, but I want this show to be special, and it won't be if they stick us in the back of the room off to the side where you can't hear shit.

Offline Invisible Boy

• Haunted
« Reply #246 on: September 03, 2014, 01:36:26 am »
Yeah this makes less and less sense now. I get a response back from The Moore theater about seats, and this is what they say;

We are sorry for your frustration. We can tell you that the VIP packages include seats on the Main Floor. Seats will be assigned by purchase date order. However seat assignments haven't been made yet. This is due to the nature of the fan club sales.

Thank You,

-------------------------------------------------------

So in other words, it's even worse than I thought possibly because we do have seats reserved sort of, but they can't say where they will be, depending on what day and time we got the tickets. If we're not in the first 3 rows I am going to be very upset.

so is this normal? I've never went to a show where they just tell you a week before hand where you are sitting. Am I being stupid here? Why am I the only one bringing up this issue? Guess I just don't get this shit, you would think after hundreds of concerts I'd know better by now. I mean this isn't my first go round, this year marks the 30th year since my first concert, so I do know a few things. Hell I used to be a freakin stagehand FFS, and still never heard no shit like this before. Never again am I buying this type of deal for a concert like King. Any other band and I probably wouldn't give a shit as much, but I want this show to be special, and it won't be if they stick us in the back of the room off to the side where you can't hear shit.

Whenever I have had VIP tickets (like being on a guestlist, etc, contest winner, bought tickets from a 3rd party vendor such as this) I have not known my exact tickets location until I pick the tickets up on the day of the show.  I would hold your breath on tickets within the first three rows.  The first three rows are all of a total of 26 seats. 

Since the seattle show is later in the tour,  there should be some stories from other people on this board from earlier shows. 

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
« Reply #247 on: September 03, 2014, 10:00:36 pm »
Whenever I have had VIP tickets (like being on a guestlist, etc, contest winner, bought tickets from a 3rd party vendor such as this) I have not known my exact tickets location until I pick the tickets up on the day of the show.  I would hold your breath on tickets within the first three rows.  The first three rows are all of a total of 26 seats. 

Since the seattle show is later in the tour,  there should be some stories from other people on this board from earlier shows.
Really? Because when I bought VIP tickets for Roger Waters, I was assigned seats right then and there. In fact, we were garanteed first 5 rows at the time of purchase. When I bought some for Iron Maiden thru their fanclub, it was pretty much the same thing, except for the venue they played in up here doesn't have reserved seating up front for Maiden. Sounds like maybe you work for this showstubs garbage company or something.

See, when I read "VIP PACKAGE" on a ticket sales site, I expect to get VIP treatment. What I am getting is fucked in the ass by these people, and I don't like it. Really wouldn't care much if this was for Slayer, or some band I've seen 20 times already, but this is King Diamond, a band I've listened to since 1984 (Mercyful Fate) till now, and only had one chance to see live. So I jumped at the thought of VIP meaning front row or at least close to the front. Not, "Oh, we'll seat you somewhere there is an empty seat" bullshit! I mean this is the latest email I recieved today:

The show is reserved seating and you will get an assigned seat prior to the show. However, due to the fact that the VIP sales were done through another group and not internally through Seattle Theatre Group we won't have the seat locations until all sales are completed and the information is sent back to us. Again, we are sorry for your frustration. This is typical of a fan club sale. The fan club pre-sales or fan club packages and how they are sold are decided by the tour itself.

Thank You,

------------------------------

BULLSSHIT! That is NOT VIP, that is BULLSHIT! Even more bullshit because all the seats in the main floor section is sold out. Last I looked there were only 36 GA seats left on the third deck of the balcony. So if the floor is sold out, then that means that all "sales are completed" and they should be able to tell me where we are sitting right? It says so in my email I recieved tonight, so what's the fucking deal?

Never again, showstubs is shit, fly by night POS garbage company that don't know shit about customer service!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 10:01:55 pm by Satans KINGdom »

Offline Invisible Boy

• Haunted
« Reply #248 on: September 04, 2014, 01:44:37 am »
Really? Because when I bought VIP tickets for Roger Waters, I was assigned seats right then and there. In fact, we were garanteed first 5 rows at the time of purchase. When I bought some for Iron Maiden thru their fanclub, it was pretty much the same thing, except for the venue they played in up here doesn't have reserved seating up front for Maiden. Sounds like maybe you work for this showstubs garbage company or something.

I do not work for this Showstubs company.  I have not worked in the "industry" for almost 15 years, but I have seen up close how stuff like this works.  I am guessing this is what probably happened/is happening:

1.  The Showstubs company made agreements with the promoters of these concerts that will give them the right to sell up to a specific number of tickets for each concert as a presale. 

2.  After the presale is over, they contact the promoter for each show with the number of tickets they need for each concert. 

3.  The promoter then adds this number to the total number of tickets that need to be held back from the public on sale for each show.  Other holdbacks for the show are for people such as the bands, the promoter, the venue, major sponsors, local media, etc.  These number are all agree upon then the contracts are signed, well before the shows are announced.  For GA shows, it is easy, you just subtract the number of tickets that are held back from the total capacity of the venue to arrive at the number of GA tickets they will put on sale.  For shows that have assigned seating, the contract will usually state something like "ABC group will have XX amount of tickets held back for the show.  They will be within the first X number of rows, etc, etc.  The promoter then blocks off all of the tickets to able to satisfy all the groups that are getting holdbacks. 

4.  The groups that the other tickets are being held back always err on the side of caution and ask for a large number of tickets, so they will always be able to make sure they will have enough for whomever they need/want to give tickets to. 

5.  Certain groups have priority access to the best holdbacks over other groups, again this is is all agreed upon and written up in the contracts. 

6.  More often than not, the bands, promoter, venue, etc, etc do not use all of the tickets they are allocated.  Usually a week or two before the show, they will let the promoter know exactly how many tickets they need.  The promoter will then take care of all the parties.  Here is a very probable scenario which may occur.  The band may request that all 25 of the band tickets they requested are within the first three rows.  The promoter then blocked off 15 seats in the 2nd row and 10 in the third row for the band.  There may be a major sponsor of the show that requested 10 tickets within the first 5 rows.   The promoter then blocked off 10 seats in the 5th row for the sponsor.  However, the band then notifies the promoter they only need 15 tickets for the show.   He gives the band the 15 tickets in the 2nd row.  The major sponsor only needed 6 tickets.  Instead of giving the sponsor the 6 tickets in the 5th row, the promoter gives the sponsor 6 of the tickets that were originally allocated for the band in the 3rd row.  The promoter continues to to fill all of the requests for holdbacks.  Any extra holdbacks that are not needed are then put on sale at the box office. 

I have had tickets waiting for me at venue box offices probably over a hundred times in my life when I had no idea where I would be sitting.  It was more often than not, a great seat.  The only time it wasn't a great seat was for shows like Paul McCartney, Rolling Stones, or The Who.  They were OK seats, but I was happy just to be in the building.

Relax, don't worry about where you reserved seat is, and enjoy the show.  I hope you end up with an amazing ticket.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 10:14:22 am by Invisible Boy »

Offline Douchebag St John

• Deadly Lullabye
  • Invoking the Master 2 procreate the Unholy Bastard
« Reply #249 on: September 04, 2014, 08:44:18 am »

I do not work for this Showstubs company.  I have not worked in the "industry" for almost 15 years, but I have seen up close how stuff like this works.  I am guessing this is what probably happened/is happening:

1.  The Showstubs company is made agreements with the promoters of these concerts that will give them the right to sell up to a specific number of tickets for each concert as a presale. 

2.  After the presale is over, they contact the promoter for each show with the number of tickets they need for each concert. 

3.  The promoter then adds this number to the total number of tickets that need to be held back from the public on sale for each show.  Other holdbacks for the show are for people such as the bands, the promoter, the venue, major sponsors, local media, etc.  These number are all agree upon then the contracts are signed, well before the shows are announced.  For GA shows, it is easy, you just subtract the number of tickets that are held back from the total capacity of the venue to arrive at the number of GA tickets they will put on sale.  For shows that have assigned seating, the contract will usually state something like "ABC group will have XX amount of tickets held back for the show.  They will be within the first X number of rows, etc, etc.  The promoter then blocks off all of the tickets to able to satisfy all the groups that are getting holdbacks. 

4.  The groups that the other tickets are being held back always err on the side of caution and ask for a large number of tickets, so they will always be able to make sure they will have enough for whomever they need/want to give tickets to. 

5.  Certain groups have priority access to the best holdbacks over other groups, again this is is all agreed upon and written up in the contracts. 

6.  More often than not, the bands, promoter, venue, etc, etc do not use all of the tickets they are allocated.  Usually a week or two before the show, they will let the promoter know exactly how many tickets they need.  The promoter will then take care of all the parties.  Here is a very probable scenario which may occur.  The band may request that all 25 of the band tickets they requested are within the first three rows.  The promoter then blocked off 15 seats in the 2nd row and 10 in the third row for the band.  There may be a major sponsor of the show that requested 10 tickets within the first 5 rows.   The promoter then blocked off 10 seats in the 5th row for the sponsor.  However, the band then notifies the promoter they only need 15 tickets for the show.   He gives the band the 15 tickets in the 2nd row.  The major sponsor only needed 6 tickets.  Instead of giving the sponsor the 6 tickets in the 5th row, the promoter gives the sponsor 6 of the tickets that were originally allocated for the band in the 3rd row.  The promoter continues to to fill all of the requests for holdbacks.  Any extra holdbacks that are not needed are then put on sale at the box office. 

I have had tickets waiting for me at venue box offices probably over a hundred times in my life when I had no idea where I would be sitting.  It was more often than not, a great seat.  The only time it wasn't a great seat was for shows like Paul McCartney, Rolling Stones, or The Who.  They were OK seats, but I was happy just to be in the building.

Relax, don't worry about where you reserved seat is, and enjoy the show.  I hope you end up with an amazing ticket.

Thanx for the useful info. I bought the VIP pre-sale for opening night. Center Stage in ATL is a theater with seats, yet the tickets were listed as " General Admission ". I'm guessing its first come first served. I was hoping for at least priority entry to the venue. At least, thanks to your info above, I have a general idea of the " hows " and " whys " of the situation.
Ahh... I have longed to be at one with this
Yet, the waters call my name