Author Topic: King Diamond North American Tour 2014  (Read 116577 times)

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Superpostwhore
  • If thine eyes decieve thee, pluck them out!
Re: King Diamond North American Tour 2014
« Reply #250 on: September 04, 2014, 10:43:22 am »

I do not work for this Showstubs company.  I have not worked in the "industry" for almost 15 years, but I have seen up close how stuff like this works.  I am guessing this is what probably happened/is happening:

1.  The Showstubs company made agreements with the promoters of these concerts that will give them the right to sell up to a specific number of tickets for each concert as a presale. 

2.  After the presale is over, they contact the promoter for each show with the number of tickets they need for each concert. 

3.  The promoter then adds this number to the total number of tickets that need to be held back from the public on sale for each show.  Other holdbacks for the show are for people such as the bands, the promoter, the venue, major sponsors, local media, etc.  These number are all agree upon then the contracts are signed, well before the shows are announced.  For GA shows, it is easy, you just subtract the number of tickets that are held back from the total capacity of the venue to arrive at the number of GA tickets they will put on sale.  For shows that have assigned seating, the contract will usually state something like "ABC group will have XX amount of tickets held back for the show.  They will be within the first X number of rows, etc, etc.  The promoter then blocks off all of the tickets to able to satisfy all the groups that are getting holdbacks. 

4.  The groups that the other tickets are being held back always err on the side of caution and ask for a large number of tickets, so they will always be able to make sure they will have enough for whomever they need/want to give tickets to. 

5.  Certain groups have priority access to the best holdbacks over other groups, again this is is all agreed upon and written up in the contracts. 

6.  More often than not, the bands, promoter, venue, etc, etc do not use all of the tickets they are allocated.  Usually a week or two before the show, they will let the promoter know exactly how many tickets they need.  The promoter will then take care of all the parties.  Here is a very probable scenario which may occur.  The band may request that all 25 of the band tickets they requested are within the first three rows.  The promoter then blocked off 15 seats in the 2nd row and 10 in the third row for the band.  There may be a major sponsor of the show that requested 10 tickets within the first 5 rows.   The promoter then blocked off 10 seats in the 5th row for the sponsor.  However, the band then notifies the promoter they only need 15 tickets for the show.   He gives the band the 15 tickets in the 2nd row.  The major sponsor only needed 6 tickets.  Instead of giving the sponsor the 6 tickets in the 5th row, the promoter gives the sponsor 6 of the tickets that were originally allocated for the band in the 3rd row.  The promoter continues to to fill all of the requests for holdbacks.  Any extra holdbacks that are not needed are then put on sale at the box office. 

I have had tickets waiting for me at venue box offices probably over a hundred times in my life when I had no idea where I would be sitting.  It was more often than not, a great seat.  The only time it wasn't a great seat was for shows like Paul McCartney, Rolling Stones, or The Who.  They were OK seats, but I was happy just to be in the building.

Relax, don't worry about where you reserved seat is, and enjoy the show.  I hope you end up with an amazing ticket.
I understand all that, and pretty much knew it already. I still say this is bullshit because when you are buying this so called VIP package, they shouldn't make you wonder where you're going to be sitting. There was nothing mentioned on their website about any of this, and at the time I had no clue if it was going to be reserved seating or all GA, so I bought the VIP thing expecting at the very least a chance to enter early if it was GA, or great seats if it was reserved. Then I see this orchestra seating section not for sale on the Moores website so I think maybe that's where they will stick us. Then after several emails and calls, I come to find out that it is reserved, but nobody seems to know where they will stick us. That isn't acceptable to me for the kind of money they charged.

But whatever, it is what it is now, I'll just hope for decent seats. If not, then they better pray I never go to California again lol

Offline Livia Zita

• Band
    • Livia's Artsy Stuff
« Reply #251 on: September 04, 2014, 07:46:28 pm »
Sorry for all the frustration you're experiencing. :(

Just wanted to reiterate here, that King Diamond as the band has nothing to do with ticket selling. We have approved the jacket to be sold as VIP (to be honest, I am not sure why it's called VIP, it's a cool jacket and a ticket), the rest was/is up to other companies.
We do not set the ticket prices, set seating zones, do refunds, etc.

If I could help you I would, but all this is way out of our circle of operations.

Keep us updated please, I'd like to hear how it turned out.
Working in the backgrounds :)

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Superpostwhore
« Reply #252 on: September 04, 2014, 08:28:48 pm »
Sorry for all the frustration you're experiencing. :(

Just wanted to reiterate here, that King Diamond as the band has nothing to do with ticket selling. We have approved the jacket to be sold as VIP (to be honest, I am not sure why it's called VIP, it's a cool jacket and a ticket), the rest was/is up to other companies.
We do not set the ticket prices, set seating zones, do refunds, etc.

If I could help you I would, but all this is way out of our circle of operations.

Keep us updated please, I'd like to hear how it turned out.
Thanks Livia, I will let you know how it turns out. And no worries, my frustrations are not directed at King or his affiliates in any way. Like I said, if it were any other band I probably wouldn't worry so much, but the show is special to me and I wanted the best possible seats I could get. This whole VIP thing was very misleading to me and that's where my anger is directed. Guess its my fault, I should never have bought them on an assumption.

Anyway thanks for explaining your end you rock!

Offline blindg

• Unborn
« Reply #253 on: September 09, 2014, 11:27:20 am »
Does anyone have extra ticket to Best Buy Theater in NYC?  Please let me know.  Thanks.

Offline Count Jonah

• Desecrator Of Souls
  • +++++
« Reply #254 on: September 12, 2014, 02:50:23 am »
I guess VIP stands for Very Inconvenient Predicament in this case...   :little_devil:
"And I'm just the devil with love to spare
Viva Las Vegas Viva Las Vegas" - The King

Offline Douchebag St John

• Deadly Lullabye
  • Invoking the Master 2 procreate the Unholy Bastard
« Reply #255 on: September 12, 2014, 08:39:56 am »
Guess who's tour jackets arrived by mail yesterday ( no word as to whether Kim Ruzz delivered them )? This guys, that's whos.
Ahh... I have longed to be at one with this
Yet, the waters call my name

Offline Count Jonah

• Desecrator Of Souls
  • +++++
« Reply #256 on: September 12, 2014, 09:55:44 am »
Ha! Perfect chance for Kim Ruzz to do a rim shot!  :king:

Offline Brian

• You Are "9"
  • EVIL INCARNATE
« Reply #257 on: September 12, 2014, 07:12:06 pm »
Dont know about the rest of you ( Hello North American KD/MF bangers .....Where are you , show some spirit !!!!! \m/ \m/ \m/ :king: ) but I for one am getting really excited for the show in my state and I wish I could go to more than one (would have loved to make one of the California shows) but work is work .  The closer the date looms , the more surreal it feels although the show is at a place I have never been so ..... I would love to go and check the place out prehand , check the acoustics and best places to go for the sound .Venue is about 2 &1/2 hours away so just winging it .  Gonna be awesome no matter what though i just know it and the feeling that its gettin close is so cool . I think about it at some point every day while working !! :blush:      King Diamond or bust !!!!   :D   oh , yea and i need to check on the opening band King has brought to the table . hope youtube has some samples . 
In Hell ....I will Kill you again !

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Superpostwhore
« Reply #258 on: September 12, 2014, 07:31:57 pm »
Dont know about the rest of you ( Hello North American KD/MF bangers .....Where are you , show some spirit !!!!! \m/ \m/ \m/ :king: ) but I for one am getting really excited for the show in my state and I wish I could go to more than one (would have loved to make one of the California shows) but work is work .  The closer the date looms , the more surreal it feels although the show is at a place I have never been so ..... I would love to go and check the place out prehand , check the acoustics and best places to go for the sound .Venue is about 2 &1/2 hours away so just winging it .  Gonna be awesome no matter what though i just know it and the feeling that its gettin close is so cool . I think about it at some point every day while working !! :blush:      King Diamond or bust !!!!   :D   oh , yea and i need to check on the opening band King has brought to the table . hope youtube has some samples .
Well I hope my rant isn't taken as I'm not excited. If I weren't excited, I wouldn't have been ranting about my seats lol I am too excited, and it's not a good thing keeping vital information from me like seat assignments :D

Seriously can't wait for this show though. I already told my boss I am taking the day off, or I quit my job. He thought I was joking, stupid fuck! lol But yeah been listening to King or Fate every day at least once a day or at night while I go to sleep.

Far as samples on youtube go, I there are a ton f songs on there for them. My favorite so far is this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hgWxb1bXkE

Offline Brian

• You Are "9"
  • EVIL INCARNATE
« Reply #259 on: September 13, 2014, 03:59:33 pm »
I already know you are excited ...and frustrated with that in the dark seating arrangement . Hope you get that all squared before the show up there .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hgWxb1bXkE
Wow , they are kinda cool ....little campy feeling and a little Janis Joplin feel in the vocals ....cool !! :cool:

Offline wildchildelsner

• Voodoo Priest
  • The dreams... They always do come true
« Reply #260 on: September 13, 2014, 04:29:08 pm »
I'm getting excited for the LA show! Gunna be meeting up with BellwtichMF, Desecrator_of_Souls and a few of my friends as well. This show is gunna be bitching. The day I bought the tickets was surreal man. I remember just remember feeling like one of the luckiest bastards on this planet, haha. King has been one of my biggest musical heroes ever since I discovered him. Finally getting the chance to see him live and up close from the pit, on Halloween night no less, is going to be one hell of a concert \m/
"We are Grim Salvation, we play heavy metal and melt faces, now quit gawking and go mental!"

Offline krisjay

• Holy Shrine
« Reply #261 on: September 13, 2014, 04:45:42 pm »
Being that me and the wife are down to one vehicle, and I have to leave the vehicle with her so her and my son have transportaion to and fro, I now will be taking a bus for 6 hours to get to the show. What can I say, I'll just make an adventure out of it. The really tuff part is after the show,  I have a 6 hour or so wait till the bus leaves for my home state. Oh well, it is what it is. The adventure begins. Hail King Diamond!

Offline Count Jonah

• Desecrator Of Souls
  • +++++
« Reply #262 on: September 15, 2014, 10:45:27 am »
Wow, 6 hours! Yeah, I got to make a 6 hour plus trip myself. Bring along an MP3 player full of KD albums and a Henry James ghost story!  :king:

Offline ZachAttack

• Uninvited Guest
« Reply #263 on: September 15, 2014, 11:49:25 am »
I'm driving a little over 6 hours as well to Chicago and had to take 3 days off work

Offline Brian

• You Are "9"
  • EVIL INCARNATE
« Reply #264 on: September 16, 2014, 07:26:00 pm »
I'm getting excited for the LA show! Gunna be meeting up with BellwtichMF, Desecrator_of_Souls and a few of my friends as well. This show is gunna be bitching. The day I bought the tickets was surreal man. I remember just remember feeling like one of the luckiest bastards on this planet, haha. King has been one of my biggest musical heroes ever since I discovered him. Finally getting the chance to see him live and up close from the pit, on Halloween night no less, is going to be one hell of a concert \m/
I do envy you guys gettin to see the Halloween night show , should be over the top !!! :king: :king:  be safe brothers and go nuts !!! \m/ \m/ \m/
Being that me and the wife are down to one vehicle, and I have to leave the vehicle with her so her and my son have transportaion to and fro, I now will be taking a bus for 6 hours to get to the show. What can I say, I'll just make an adventure out of it. The really tuff part is after the show,  I have a 6 hour or so wait till the bus leaves for my home state. Oh well, it is what it is. The adventure begins. Hail King Diamond!
Wow, 6 hours! Yeah, I got to make a 6 hour plus trip myself. Bring along an MP3 player full of KD albums and a Henry James ghost story!  :king:
I'm driving a little over 6 hours as well to Chicago and had to take 3 days off work
Safe travel and good times await you all ! Enjoy ! :king:

Offline Count Jonah

• Desecrator Of Souls
  • +++++
« Reply #265 on: September 18, 2014, 12:13:47 am »
A safe travel....Into The Unknown!  :lol:

Offline Hammerheart

• Lurker From The Dark
« Reply #266 on: September 29, 2014, 05:31:15 pm »
Anyone need a ticket to the Dallas show? PM me!

Offline Kenco

• Unclean Spirit
  • Graveyard 409
« Reply #267 on: October 01, 2014, 09:56:10 am »
Since I was too lazy to read all 11 pages, if this was asked before, I am asking again.

Will the Atlanta show be a full stage show or a scaled down version?

And who is the new bass player?

• Deadly Lullabye
« Reply #268 on: October 01, 2014, 01:36:14 pm »
Question for Livia, as if this was asked I missed it:

Are you guys going to be accepting only cash for merch or will you be accepting cards as well? I can do both but it sure would be nice not to have to carry a wad of cash in Atlanta.

Offline Livia Zita

• Band
    • Livia's Artsy Stuff
« Reply #269 on: October 01, 2014, 02:23:49 pm »
Question for Livia, as if this was asked I missed it:

Are you guys going to be accepting only cash for merch or will you be accepting cards as well? I can do both but it sure would be nice not to have to carry a wad of cash in Atlanta.

I'll check into this for you :)

Offline Livia Zita

• Band
    • Livia's Artsy Stuff
« Reply #270 on: October 01, 2014, 02:26:02 pm »
Since I was too lazy to read all 11 pages, if this was asked before, I am asking again.

Will the Atlanta show be a full stage show or a scaled down version?

And who is the new bass player?

All shows on the tour will be the full scale show (like the one we did at Wacken), and this includes props, setups, actions, set list, etc.

The bass player for this tour will be Pontus Egberg.
We have not announced a permanent member yet.

Hope this helps!

• Deadly Lullabye
« Reply #271 on: October 01, 2014, 02:30:12 pm »
I'll check into this for you :)

Thank you ma'am!

Offline Invisible Boy

• Haunted
« Reply #272 on: October 01, 2014, 10:37:09 pm »
Thank you ma'am!

My guess is it probably differs from venue to venue.  I would wager to say that credit cards will be accepted for merch at almost all of the shows. 

Offline Kenco

• Unclean Spirit
  • Graveyard 409
« Reply #273 on: October 02, 2014, 07:29:12 am »
All shows on the tour will be the full scale show (like the one we did at Wacken), and this includes props, setups, actions, set list, etc.

The bass player for this tour will be Pontus Egberg.
We have not announced a permanent member yet.

Hope this helps!

This helps tremendously, thanks for the update!

Offline Livia Zita

• Band
    • Livia's Artsy Stuff
« Reply #274 on: October 05, 2014, 11:10:00 pm »
Thank you ma'am!

Sorry for the delay, I am still awaiting a definitive answer. :)