Author Topic: King Diamond North American Tour 2014  (Read 108147 times)

Offline Painkiller

• Up From The Grave
  • Rocking the Night Away
    • Forces of Steel
Re: King Diamond North American Tour 2014
« Reply #300 on: October 14, 2014, 02:13:55 pm »
Who's going to be at the Seattle show? I'd like to meet some fellow members there.

Offline urnamehere

• Unclean Spirit
« Reply #301 on: October 14, 2014, 10:30:53 pm »
Just got back from the NYC show and I am still in a state of complete and udder shock.  What I just saw was an amazing display of the most prolific voice in heavy metal, which somehow sounds better at 58 than it did at 30, and that doesn't even begin to address the theatrics that were seamlessly carried out by every performer on stage.  King wasn't joking when he said his energy level is so much higher now, I don't think he stood still for more than a few seconds at a time. 
In an age when a Broadway show ticket can cost hundreds of dollars, for a face value of under $40 this was the best deal in town tonight by a Country mile!
This guy should be playing Radio City...four times a year.

Holy fucking shit.

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
  • If thine eyes decieve thee, pluck them out!
« Reply #302 on: October 15, 2014, 12:12:31 am »
Who's going to be at the Seattle show? I'd like to meet some fellow members there.
I'll be there. Still no clue where my seat is, but I'll be there wearing my Voodoo tour shirt.

Offline Maiden Jersey 2

• Uninvited Guest
  • Become Earth
« Reply #303 on: October 15, 2014, 07:52:26 am »
Well I was at the NYC gig and I have seen King and MF a few times over the years . In my opinion I will say that King Diamond sounds better now than he ever did. He hit all the notes and was totally consistent all night. The place exploded when they played a few MF songs.  Some songs sounded like they were tuned a bit lower not sure, I could be wrong. The band was really tight and the sound was killer. They brought their A Game and they totally delivered the goods. :king:
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 10:36:23 am by Maiden Jersey 2 »

Offline Evil_Gril_M

• Spirit
« Reply #304 on: October 15, 2014, 10:51:38 am »
Just got back from the NYC show and I am still in a state of complete and udder shock.  What I just saw was an amazing display of the most prolific voice in heavy metal, which somehow sounds better at 58 than it did at 30, and that doesn't even begin to address the theatrics that were seamlessly carried out by every performer on stage.  King wasn't joking when he said his energy level is so much higher now, I don't think he stood still for more than a few seconds at a time. 
In an age when a Broadway show ticket can cost hundreds of dollars, for a face value of under $40 this was the best deal in town tonight by a Country mile!

Holy fucking shit.

that was my reaction in Atlanta...HOLY SHIT!!! They were so on point and King sounded AWESOME!!!! I need moreeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!    \m/
I kiss your soul goodbye.....

Offline yamzx1

• Unclean Spirit
« Reply #305 on: October 15, 2014, 10:54:24 am »

Holy fucking shit.

Same here man. That was the greatest show I've ever seen, no joke. I overheard some people say what that he sounds better now than he did in the 80's which is a bold statement but hey, I'd fucking believe it. That was amazing. The promise of three new albums with the amazing turn-out and reviews of this tour makes me very excited.

One complaint about the show was the crowd. There were a lot of tough guys who seemed like they only went to get their aggression out, and not in a fun way. I happened to be on the borders of where the mosh pit kept opening up and there was this idea that not-moshing was lame. I was like, dude, do you not see an old woman being burned on stage right there? Enjoy the literal SHOW that's going on right there. My friend got kicked in the face by a crowd surfer and some drunk asshole took my friend's poster out of his backpack and threw it into the crowd. I was able to retrieve it, but fuck man. Drunk new york metal heads can be the worst.

Anyway, as I said, absolutely amazing show. Honorable mention to Jess and the Ancient Ones.  I thought they were a great fit for King Diamond.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 10:59:19 am by yamzx1 »

Offline Evil_Gril_M

• Spirit
« Reply #306 on: October 15, 2014, 11:49:25 am »
I was concerned about the moshing in Atlanta but there was none of that. Only the faithful enjoying the show!! :D:
I kiss your soul goodbye.....

Offline doom666

• Unborn
« Reply #307 on: October 15, 2014, 01:16:59 pm »
I have never seen the King live and reading you all is really pumping me up for the Montreal show in 2 f**king days !!!!!!! :king:

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
« Reply #308 on: October 15, 2014, 03:31:13 pm »
I was concerned about the moshing in Atlanta but there was none of that. Only the faithful enjoying the show!! :D:
the one time I got to see them live there were signs posted on the walls and stuff saying something like "at king diamonds request please do not start a pit or crowd surf". Nobody did ad far as I could tell, but I never looked back, I was on the rail in front watching the band.

Offline Livia Zita

• Band
    • Livia's Artsy Stuff
« Reply #309 on: October 15, 2014, 04:49:03 pm »
Well I was at the NYC gig and I have seen King and MF a few times over the years . In my opinion I will say that King Diamond sounds better now than he ever did. He hit all the notes and was totally consistent all night. The place exploded when they played a few MF songs.  Some songs sounded like they were tuned a bit lower not sure, I could be wrong. The band was really tight and the sound was killer. They brought their A Game and they totally delivered the goods. :king:

Just to prevent any rumours, no songs are or have ever been tuned lower. :)
Working in the backgrounds :)

Offline devilsavocado

• The Preacher
« Reply #310 on: October 15, 2014, 05:24:36 pm »

You beat me to it, Livia! Just checked "The Family Ghost" from Silver Springs, and there's certainly no downtuning going on there.

I mean, noone would blame King, if they took it down a half-step, but no.

Actually, i don't believe i've ever heard them tune down. Not to spare King's voice, anyway. Maybe some of the later MF was tuned down, for the heaviness...

Offline Maiden Jersey 2

• Uninvited Guest
  • Become Earth
« Reply #311 on: October 15, 2014, 07:50:59 pm »
years  of playing guitar with no earplugs hehe   :cool:  I thought I heard stuff that was like a half step lower but it was just me being a idiot . Are the keyboards tracked or does someone play them behind the stage ?

Offline urnamehere

• Unclean Spirit
« Reply #312 on: October 16, 2014, 02:03:47 pm »
Same here man. That was the greatest show I've ever seen, no joke. I overheard some people say what that he sounds better now than he did in the 80's which is a bold statement but hey, I'd fucking believe it. That was amazing. The promise of three new albums with the amazing turn-out and reviews of this tour makes me very excited.

One complaint about the show was the crowd. There were a lot of tough guys who seemed like they only went to get their aggression out, and not in a fun way. I happened to be on the borders of where the mosh pit kept opening up and there was this idea that not-moshing was lame. I was like, dude, do you not see an old woman being burned on stage right there? Enjoy the literal SHOW that's going on right there. My friend got kicked in the face by a crowd surfer and some drunk asshole took my friend's poster out of his backpack and threw it into the crowd. I was able to retrieve it, but fuck man. Drunk new york metal heads can be the worst.

Anyway, as I said, absolutely amazing show. Honorable mention to Jess and the Ancient Ones.  I thought they were a great fit for King Diamond.

Yam,

I was actually concerned about the same thing cause I was going solo and the 44yr. old hip attached to my 5'5in frame was not exactly used as the template for moshing..lol
I went into the room as soon as I got inside and made a bee line for the seats.  Wound up on the center isle third row up and had an awesome view all night.  No one ever occupied the first row of reserved seats and I ended up with another 'single' next to me who was drinking soda so I lucked out. 
I've never quite understood the whole 'getting fall down drunk' at a concert thing....I mean, shit, I just paid good money to see this dam thing, why the hell would I want to get so bombed that I don't even know where the hell I am?

I felt like JATAO were definitely some talented musicians but the crowd seemed to want something a bit heavier.  I do think they would be a great opener for a group like CandleMass, or some other Doom Metal group, but that girl clearly could sing.

Pre-Ordered Dreams with the shirt! Happy Birthday me!

Offline Douchebag St John

• Deadly Lullabye
  • Invoking the Master 2 procreate the Unholy Bastard
« Reply #313 on: October 16, 2014, 02:07:58 pm »

I felt like JATAO were definitely some talented musicians but the crowd seemed to want something a bit heavier.  I do think they would be a great opener for a group like CandleMass, or some other Doom Metal group, but that girl clearly could sing.

I felt the same way. They were great but the crowd in ATL was just lifeless for them. They are more of a take mescaline and sit in the back of the bar type of group.  I dunno if they were available, but Huntress may have been a better fit.
Ahh... I have longed to be at one with this
Yet, the waters call my name

Offline Davidk

• Mandrake
« Reply #314 on: October 16, 2014, 02:50:00 pm »
I felt the same way. They were great but the crowd in ATL was just lifeless for them. They are more of a take mescaline and sit in the back of the bar type of group.  I dunno if they were available, but Huntress may have been a better fit.

Pretty sure Huntress is out with Arch enemy right now ?  I know they are out on a Bill as an opener.

Offline Livia Zita

• Band
    • Livia's Artsy Stuff
« Reply #315 on: October 16, 2014, 04:27:06 pm »
years  of playing guitar with no earplugs hehe   :cool:  I thought I heard stuff that was like a half step lower but it was just me being a idiot . Are the keyboards tracked or does someone play them behind the stage ?

Keyboards are tracked, we don't have any more space on the tourbus or the big rig :)

Offline Maiden Jersey

• The mother of postwhores!
  • Become Earth
« Reply #316 on: October 16, 2014, 05:27:02 pm »
Keyboards are tracked, we don't have any more space on the tourbus or the big rig :)
So I guess everyone uses in ear monitors ? If not that's pretty impressive especially on Matts end but he is a ninja so I would expect nothing less from him :)

Offline Livia Zita

• Band
    • Livia's Artsy Stuff
« Reply #317 on: October 16, 2014, 06:18:08 pm »
So I guess everyone uses in ear monitors ? If not that's pretty impressive especially on Matts end but he is a ninja so I would expect nothing less from him :)

King and I don't use in-ears, Andy, Mike, Pontus and Matt do. :)

Offline Maiden Jersey

• The mother of postwhores!
  • Become Earth
« Reply #318 on: October 16, 2014, 06:26:37 pm »
King and I don't use in-ears, Andy, Mike, Pontus and Matt do. :)
I can't stand those dang things let alone earplugs haha :)

Offline jgk1971

• Spirit
« Reply #319 on: October 16, 2014, 09:51:29 pm »
Is King planning on any meet-and-greets during the tour (namely Denver)? Or do I just need to stalk the tour bus and hope for the best?

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
« Reply #320 on: October 16, 2014, 10:22:38 pm »
Is King planning on any meet-and-greets during the tour (namely Denver)? Or do I just need to stalk the tour bus and hope for the best?
stalk the bus and hope for the best.

Offline Livia Zita

• Band
    • Livia's Artsy Stuff
« Reply #321 on: October 16, 2014, 10:41:54 pm »

No meet & greets are planned during this tour, as we are concentrating on delivering the best possible show at every place.

King has also been battling a cold for the past two days, so while it's very difficult for him not to stop for photos and autographs, he has to focus on getting better as quick as possible.

Offline Azalin

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Blood For Master
« Reply #322 on: October 16, 2014, 10:51:15 pm »

King has also been battling a cold for the past two days, so while it's very difficult for him not to stop for photos and autographs, he has to focus on getting better as quick as possible.

that sucks...it's that time of the year, I guess. I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say that I hope he feels better soon.
Lady, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave the store....

- Ash, housewares

Offline yamzx1

• Unclean Spirit
« Reply #323 on: October 16, 2014, 11:07:38 pm »
I got a cold from the NY show as well. Me and the king are quite possibly affected by the same bacteria  :king: :king: :king:

...I'll show myself out.

Offline Davidk

• Mandrake
« Reply #324 on: October 16, 2014, 11:34:43 pm »
No meet & greets are planned during this tour, as we are concentrating on delivering the best possible show at every place.

I hope he is feeling better soon , we did not hang after the show at all as i knew he had the cold , that said he sounded A++
   Any way maybe after the tour he could do some Hand-signed Photo's in the store maybe $10 - $15 or something ? 1 per customer ...........i know i'd love to have one for my wall .
   On a side note i noticed those jackass autograph sellers have met up with King in the last few days , they have signed photos on ebay for $250 , they really anger me with that stuff  :devil-smiley-011: