Author Topic: King Diamond North American Tour 2014  (Read 108672 times)

Offline Madhatter

• "Amon" Belongs To You
Re: King Diamond North American Tour 2014
« Reply #325 on: October 17, 2014, 12:30:35 am »
Just got back from the Worcester show. Still can't believe that just happened. Absolutely the best show I've ever seen, would never have known King had a cold.... he and the entire band sounded phenomenal! We got lost on the way and by the time we got in line there were a good 100 people in front of us, but managed to squeeze up into the front row right in front of Andy! I am deaf and can barely speak now from all the screaming I did haha.... time of my life. Waited 19 years for this and it was so worth it!  :king:
And the blood shall flow free like words... And the bones will form stairs to the future...

Offline BellwitchMF

• Angel Of Light
  • R.I.P Mr Ronnie James Dio \m/ \m/
« Reply #326 on: October 17, 2014, 01:16:36 am »
Just got back from the Worcester show. Still can't believe that just happened. Absolutely the best show I've ever seen, would never have known King had a cold.... he and the entire band sounded phenomenal! We got lost on the way and by the time we got in line there were a good 100 people in front of us, but managed to squeeze up into the front row right in front of Andy! I am deaf and can barely speak now from all the screaming I did haha.... time of my life. Waited 19 years for this and it was so worth it!  :king:

goddamn all these reviews from every show is getting me so pumped and excited for when i see HIM FINALLY FIRST TIME EVER and been fan so long!!! even have a whole tattoo sleeve of KD MF album covers and a portrait of KING HIMSELF ,seeing him in LA on halloween it cant get here fast enough!!!! 2 weeks im so damn excited!!!!!  :D \m/ :cool: :king:

Offline MF-DieHard

• Unborn
  • Cheese Cake !
« Reply #327 on: October 17, 2014, 06:55:22 am »
Wassup !!

Anyone knows what the heck happend to the stage this year ????????

« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 01:57:18 am by MF-DieHard »
MERCYFUL FATE !!!

Offline Davidk

• Mandrake
« Reply #328 on: October 17, 2014, 12:59:42 pm »

Yeh just an amazing show , i hope they can get back up here soon ....once is just not enough ..... we blew our chances of getting down on the floor waiting over an hour in the merch line so watched from the Balcony .....surprising it actually sounded good up there ...... when we got up to the merch booth so mcuh stuff was sold out in my size , brought $400 to spend  & only got a shirt & a scarf  :icon_frown:   .....Really want one of the Longsleeve shirts , hoping them make more .
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 06:12:09 pm by Davidk »

Offline krisjay

• Holy Shrine
« Reply #329 on: October 17, 2014, 02:18:41 pm »
I wanted to let the Palladium show set in for a bit before speaking about it. I could say it was the best concert out of the thousand or so I've seen, that would be a true statement. However that would be doing King Diamond a disservice, it was far more then anything I have seen before, and Ive seen them all, Halford, Dickinson, on and on. This was a true master, an incredible artist at the top of his game, it is hard to put it into words, I have never seen King before, been waiting 20+ years,  as  I said it was simply stunning, it is impossible to understand the legend until you see him live. That is really all I can say, I'm still stunned at what I witnessed yesterday,always will be. I watched people as they left the Palladium, it was nothing I have seen before, everyrone looked like they just got  hit by a speeding bus, and were smiling about it. King Diamond, thank you for allowing me to see a true artist doing his craft, it was beyond words, but Ill leave  you with the words I heard going out the door, "holy fucking shit". That kind of summed it up.

Offline baca

• Just A Shadow
« Reply #330 on: October 17, 2014, 06:37:14 pm »

Let's hit the road!
See you King's fans in San Francisco, LA, Vegas & Dallas (and maybe Austin) .
Let's grab a beer!
Rock On !!!
Diamond Brothers

Offline Bub

• Global Moderator
  • Doomed by the living dead!
« Reply #331 on: October 17, 2014, 11:04:27 pm »
You guys are fuckng everywhere!

Have fun!   \m/  :king:
nah

Offline 4StringsRcooler

• Up From The Grave
« Reply #332 on: October 18, 2014, 08:50:11 am »
Wassup !!

Anyone knows what the heck happend to the stage this year ????????

That's interesting. Maybe it's more adjustable to fit in different sized venues.  I didn't notice during the show.  I was too busy watching King being awesome.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 09:15:22 am by 4StringsRcooler »

Offline Beelzebub

• The mother of postwhores!
  • SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
« Reply #333 on: October 18, 2014, 08:57:43 am »
Great show last night in Montreal! I was really glad to have finally seen King perform many songs from the Conspiracy album! It's my favorite and I hadn't seen his solo band since the Them tour! Eye of the Witch was also a pleasant surprise.
On a side note, even though the tickets mentioned an 8:00pm show, Jess and the Ancient Ones were on around 7:45pm. So if you wanna catch the whole show, get there early!
As of October 2017, number of years I've been a coven member, waiting for the dvds: 12

Offline doom666

• Unborn
« Reply #334 on: October 18, 2014, 09:14:04 am »
WOW ....what an amazing night it was in Montreal ! The crowd was very loud and King seemed to like it very much ! Despite a power cut in a song, the show was flawless.  Very impressed by King's voice and the band ! Best show i have ever seen in my 25 years of gig going. Hail KING !

Offline Count Jonah

• Desecrator Of Souls
  • +++++
« Reply #335 on: October 19, 2014, 02:23:18 am »
Glad to hear these shows are in top form, but what else would we expect from KD....or MF for that matter?  :king:

Given the size of some of these clubs I am surprised that they are able to fit most of setup on stage from the European shows, even if it looks a little condensed. Now I'm wondering if that is the same railing/stair frame from the Conspiracy/In The Shadows tour and where King stores all this stuff when not in use?
"And I'm just the devil with love to spare
Viva Las Vegas Viva Las Vegas" - The King

Offline MF-DieHard

• Unborn
  • Cheese Cake !
« Reply #336 on: October 19, 2014, 04:07:54 pm »
...and where King stores all this stuff when not in use?

Probably in some abandoned church in Southern France ;)

:)
MERCYFUL FATE !!!

Offline zeus

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #337 on: October 20, 2014, 03:49:08 pm »
The show was freaking awesome, the only complain is that they run out of sizes of shirts for the past couple of shows and couldn't pick anything my size(xl)

Offline Davidk

• Mandrake
« Reply #338 on: October 20, 2014, 07:37:42 pm »
The show was freaking awesome, the only complain is that they run out of sizes of shirts for the past couple of shows and couldn't pick anything my size(xl)

yeh seems they sold a ton more merch than Expected , i could only get one shirt is Large that i wanted in worcester , the rest were all sold out ........... I hope they can get more merch out on the Road , kinda cool they are selling so much  & i hope to see the stuff Online so we can all get some maybe after the tour ................ VERY happy all things on this tour are selling so well be it Tix or merch , good to hear  \m/

Offline MF-DieHard

• Unborn
  • Cheese Cake !
« Reply #339 on: October 21, 2014, 12:01:27 am »
Mercyful webstores are sold out too... not all of the t-shirts but many of them at many sizes... The Europe store provides MF baseball-Cap and Army-Cap, can't buy that in US :(
MERCYFUL FATE !!!

Offline ElektroDragon

• Unclean Spirit
« Reply #340 on: October 21, 2014, 05:28:50 pm »
Got a sneak peek at the setlist which seems to be static.  Would have loved a song from "House of God" on there, like "Trees Have Eyes", "Follow the Wolf", or "Help!!" in place of maybe one of the MF covers or GMYSP songs, but other than that, looks killer!  Can't wait for the Seattle show.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 06:02:29 pm by ElektroDragon »

Offline Painkiller

• Up From The Grave
  • Rocking the Night Away
    • Forces of Steel
« Reply #341 on: October 21, 2014, 10:28:48 pm »
There are never enough Mercyful Fate covers.

Offline MF-DieHard

• Unborn
  • Cheese Cake !
« Reply #342 on: October 21, 2014, 11:45:59 pm »
There are never enough Mercyful Fate covers.
\m/

I would sacrifice :

Never Ending Hill
The Puppet Master
Shapes Of Black

more songs from ''The graveyard'' ''Conspiracy''  ''Abigail'' or ''The Eye''

or of course one more MF cover :)
MERCYFUL FATE !!!

Offline Hammer

• Voodoo Priest
  • I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles - West Ham!!!
« Reply #343 on: October 22, 2014, 01:03:13 am »
^ For me those three are among the highlights of the current set-list as they are rarely played live than the older classics. I would sacrifice some of the old KD classics if we could get some more rare stuff from the records of the nineties. What comes to Mercyful Fate I would love to hear some gems from way too underrated Dead Again or Doomed by the Living Dead and/or Is That You, Melissa?. :icon_wink:

I'm happy of the set-list they are playing right now. The band is on top form and the show is killer theatrically. I loved the three shows I've seen in Europe lately (the comeback show at Sweden Rock and both shows played in Finland) and for me the most important thing, like I said, is that the band is on top-form like it is right now. King's vocals are phenomenal. So, let's not whine about the set-list. It's almost impossible to make a set that would be everyone's favourite as most of the songs King Diamond band (or Mercyful Fate) have done are perfect or brilliant.

By the way, nowadays my favourite King Diamond song is This Place is Terrible. It would be like a dream come true to hear that one live some day.

In addition: The Puppet Master and Give Me Your Soul...Please are among the very best work King Diamond band have released, that's why I would love to hear even more stuff from those two amazing records.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 07:57:56 am by Hammer »

Offline Count Jonah

• Desecrator Of Souls
  • +++++
« Reply #344 on: October 22, 2014, 05:48:12 am »
Not whining, but some realistic rotations would be nice. For example I don't know why they ditched "Magic" in favor of "Puppet Master" which they have done on both previous USA tours. Most people here I believe would agree that there are way better songs to represent that album than the title track. And what happened to "Dreams"? I was looking forward to hearing that live over here, but is it going to be Europe only? Still looking forward to the Vegas show!  :king:
"And I'm just the devil with love to spare
Viva Las Vegas Viva Las Vegas" - The King

Offline Hammer

• Voodoo Priest
« Reply #345 on: October 22, 2014, 07:24:08 am »
Not whining, but some realistic rotations would be nice. For example I don't know why they ditched "Magic" in favor of "Puppet Master" which they have done on both previous USA tours. Most people here I believe would agree that there are way better songs to represent that album than the title track. And what happened to "Dreams"? I was looking forward to hearing that live over here, but is it going to be Europe only? Still looking forward to the Vegas show!  :king:
I do agree. Blood to Walk, Magic and Darkness would be my choices from The Puppet Master album. The title track is great, but hey, I could name four or five better songs from that album. In addition to what I named before The Ritual, Emerencia, Midnight (haunting intro) and Blues Eyes are in my opinion as good as the title track. The whole album is so awesome that I would love to hear any song from the album. No More Me would be theatrically outstanding, So Sad was very emotional and cool on 2006 European tour and the two last tracks of the album would rock as well.

I was very fortunate to hear Dreams twice (2012 and 2013) in Sweden and in Finland, but the last time the band played in Finland a couple of months ago Dreams wasn't a part of the set anymore. It was the case in most of the latest European gigs. As a part of a medley it would have been only 1 minute of the song, so, it's not a big deal in the end but I understand your frustration. 2012-2013 they played the whole song and it was one of the highlights like the theatrical Up from the Grave and Voodoo. However, even the set-list has changed, the show is at least as theatrical as when those mentioned where part of it. Now there's Cremation, which is possibly theatrically the most fascinating part of the set. The medley is theatrically great as well and a cool bonus, but to be honest, I'm not that fond of the idea of medleys. It's much more amusing to hear whole song than just minute or two of it. 

The main point is, however, that it's an amazing set and the band is in top-form. They sound better than ever! You won't be disappointed. The last time I saw the band I was a bit surprised how perfect was King's live singing. It has always been exceptional and outstanding, but this year the live vocals were mostly better than ever before.
\m/
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 07:25:40 am by Hammer »

Offline bolivarmaxi

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #346 on: October 22, 2014, 07:45:51 am »
I agree with you, I love to hear Magic Emerencia or Ritual from the PM and from the GMYP the Mirrror Mirror The Girl in the bloody Dress plus Loa House, Salem Life After Death, Heads on the Wall and from the Other Side
BAMT

Offline Hammer

• Voodoo Priest
« Reply #347 on: October 22, 2014, 07:52:56 am »
Yeah, yeah, the more rare yet great songs would be very much appreciated add to forthcoming set-lists. I would like to hear almost any songs from House of God, The Graveyard and Voodoo and of course anything from the two newest albums. The not-so-often played songs are always worth waiting for when I go to see King Diamond live. I love the classics, but some of them could be replaced at times just to get some more rare and fresh KD/MF stuff to set-lists. Well, if the new album is coming the next year, we are going to get some fresh and new King Diamond songs to be played live. Hopefully they are going to play at least three or four new songs then.

As a supporter of Chicago Blackhawks I'm curious to know how great was the yesterday's show in Chicago? :diabo_do_msn:

P.S. The touring schedule looks very demanding. I wonder how hard it is for King to deliver such amazing vocal performances almost each and every night? There were four shows on the trot lately without a day-off. Wow.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 10:25:14 am by Hammer »

Offline Invisible Boy

• Haunted
« Reply #348 on: October 22, 2014, 09:15:12 am »

As a supporter of Chicago Blackhawks I'm curious to know how great was the yesterday's show in Chicago? :diabo_do_msn:

It was awesome, although the Blackhawks having a home game that evening made for long and slow drive to the gig!!  It was at one of my favorite venues, and it was amazing how they were able to fit the full production onto the stage.  Although considering the show sold out in a matter of days, it probably should have been booked or moved to a larger venue.  I have been to the venue probably 20 times in my life, and I have never seen the venue that packed.  You can argue about which songs you would like to hear, so I will leave the setlist alone, but the performances were top notch, and the crowd was extremely into the show. 

The second best show I have seen at that venue.  The best show I have ever seen there was Mercyful Fate in 1995. 

Offline krisjay

• Holy Shrine
« Reply #349 on: October 22, 2014, 01:47:36 pm »
With a theatrical show like King Diamond, hell, even Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, etc, it is kind of a given that the setlist will be static. This aint the Dave Matthews Band who just wing it night to night, or the Grateful Dead. The show has to be taken as a whole, and let me tell you, this show, this tour is amazing. Of course we all want to hear those obscure tracks that we call our own, sometimes it isn't in the cards. Let's just remember where we were 5 years ago or so, did you ever think you would see King Diamond doing a full on US tour? So, yes, it's great to hear your personal favorite tracks played at a show, but come on, complaining about a track like The Puppet Master being played, nah, it was one of many highlights of the show. The great thing is, we can assume we will get 3 more albums and dare I say at least 3 more US tours. I'll take any setlist they play, and be one happy motherfucker. Hail King Diamond!!