Author Topic: King Diamond North American Tour 2014  (Read 126814 times)

Offline HELMM

• Spirit
Re: King Diamond North American Tour 2014
« Reply #375 on: October 25, 2014, 02:15:59 am »
Front row in Denver! Had Mike Wead's pick too, but felt bad and gave it to another fan. Such a kick ass show! Have footage of Andy LaRocque throwing the pick out that my wife caught. Epic!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 08:35:31 pm by HELMM »

Offline Count Jonah

• Desecrator Of Souls
  • +++++
« Reply #376 on: October 25, 2014, 02:36:38 am »
That sounds so epic! What made you feel so bad to give up the pick? Anyways that was very cool of you. Glad you and the Mrs. had a great time.  :king:
"And I'm just the devil with love to spare
Viva Las Vegas Viva Las Vegas" - The King

Offline HELMM

• Spirit
« Reply #377 on: October 25, 2014, 11:35:51 am »
We had such an awesome time, I was on cloud 9. I would of felt greedy bringing home two picks. It was a tough decision, Mike Wead's kick ass pick was white with a red logo. The guy I gave it to was a diehard fan, he was decked out in full makeup. He was very appreciative.

Can't wait for King Diamond's new albums and tours.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 08:35:55 pm by HELMM »

Offline cattledog

• Spirit
« Reply #378 on: October 25, 2014, 02:19:23 pm »
since the Toronto   show I cant listen to anything but king diamond, I listend to the song possession at least  666 times in a row I cant stop  I am possesed

Offline entangledinchaos

• Unborn
« Reply #379 on: October 26, 2014, 04:29:28 am »

I had a hard time getting to the front because it is so packed, but since I am about 2m tall, I just stood dead center, right in front of the soundboard, so I had a great view and great sound as well.  I was able to get two shirts from the merchandise booth, with little wait, because they had two merch booths at the venue. 

I am pretty sure the Mercyful Fate show there in 1995 had Bjarne T. Holm on drums.  The show was so awesome though, there was something about that show where you could tell that the whole band, especially King, Hank, and Denner, were in a zone, and they knew nobody in the world would be able to top them that night.  I saw the reunited Lights Out UFO lineup there a few months later and it was an amazing show, but it couldn't hold a candle to that Fate show.  I was just losing my mind at how awesome they were that night, the performances by the individual band members and the awesome chemistry between the band members was one of a kind, and I knew then I was seeing something very very special.  Of the hundreds of concerts I have been to, that Mercyful Fate show is still easily in my top five shows of all time.  To top it off, at that 95 show, I happened to be right next to Smashing Pumpkins guitarist/vocalist Billy Corgan the whole show.  This was the height of the Smashing Pumpkins popularity and he was just there, enjoying the gig, pumping his fists, and singing along to all the songs, just like everybody else in the crowd!  He even passed me his joint and I took a couple hits from it. 

Everything about both the KD show in 2014 and the MF show in 1995 were great, but the 1995 show was such a special show for me.  The Blackhawks won 4-0 on Tuesday, too!!  A great way to complement the King Diamond show!!

This is to Invisible Boy.  Dude I was at that show in 95 at the Vic w Mercyful Fate!!!!  That's so crazy cause I felt the same way.  That night was so creepy/vibey/special.  They opened up with the Oath!  Also just caught the King Diamond show there this last Tuesday and it killed!!  Yeah it was Bjarne in 95.  I can't remember who opened for Mercyful Fate in 95.  I also caught Mercyful Fate in 93 in the now demolished but appropriately named Oak Theater with Snowy on drums. :king:

Offline Hammer

• Voodoo Priest
  • I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles - West Ham!!!
« Reply #380 on: October 26, 2014, 04:51:58 am »
Front row in Denver! Had Mike Weeds pick too, but felt bad and gave it to another fan. Such a kick ass show! Have footage of Andy LaRocque throwing the pick out that my wife caught. Epic!
Amazing! When they were playing The Puppet Master tour in Finland (2006) my wife got Andy's pick and gave that to me as I'm more a die hard fan of the band. I'm eternally grateful. Also I do have Mike Wead's pick that I got from Simon Johansson (awesome metal guitarist who is a great friend of Mike's) :)

Offline Invisible Boy

• Haunted
« Reply #381 on: October 26, 2014, 01:13:13 pm »

This is to Invisible Boy.  Dude I was at that show in 95 at the Vic w Mercyful Fate!!!!  That's so crazy cause I felt the same way.  That night was so creepy/vibey/special.  They opened up with the Oath!  Also just caught the King Diamond show there this last Tuesday and it killed!!  Yeah it was Bjarne in 95.  I can't remember who opened for Mercyful Fate in 95.  I also caught Mercyful Fate in 93 in the now demolished but appropriately named Oak Theater with Snowy on drums. :king:

I am glad you felt the same.  The music was great that night, but it was something else that just made it awesome.  It is really unfair to use that 95 show as a benchmark to compare other shows to because everything about that night was about as perfect as one could want.  Did anybody else here see that tour, or maybe King has some feeling about that tour, or the Chicago show in particular on how the band was during that period. 

Offline Count Jonah

• Desecrator Of Souls
  • +++++
« Reply #382 on: October 27, 2014, 01:51:04 pm »
To the people who have been to the shows on this tour; can you give me average time to when King Diamond's set ends? I'm trying to plan my day around this concert. Also could anyone give me an average time that it would be waiting in line at the merchandise booth AFTER the show? Thanks! 

Offline Invisible Boy

• Haunted
« Reply #383 on: October 27, 2014, 10:14:19 pm »
To the people who have been to the shows on this tour; can you give me average time to when King Diamond's set ends? I'm trying to plan my day around this concert. Also could anyone give me an average time that it would be waiting in line at the merchandise booth AFTER the show? Thanks!

The Chicago show was over around 10:45 PM. The wait for merchandise would be quite short after the show. However, everything might not be available by that time.

Offline Stubs

• Unclean Spirit
« Reply #384 on: October 27, 2014, 11:14:39 pm »
St. Louis ended a few minutes before 11:00 pm.
I spoke with the merch girls before the show and they told me that often the shirt sizes available were limited by the end. I'll add that I personally noticed after the show that the merch line was extremely long, in contrast to what the previous poster saw in Chicago. I guess that  those who were undecided about taking home a souvenir before the concert had their minds made up for them by the end of it!

Offline The Joker

• Back Door Man
  • The mother of postwhores!
  • $xDxR
« Reply #385 on: October 28, 2014, 03:45:59 am »
Just a question for american people here.
Does shows in USA always have seats?
You know, like a theater or an opera?

Have people watched King's show seated?

Offline Maiden Jersey

• Become Earth
« Reply #386 on: October 28, 2014, 06:13:27 am »

Every venue here is different so really its a big mix between floor and seated depending on the venue.

Offline The Joker

• Back Door Man
  • $xDxR
« Reply #387 on: October 28, 2014, 06:47:13 am »
Every venue here is different so really its a big mix between floor and seated depending on the venue.
That's so weird.
I can't imagine someone watching a show seated.

Offline Madhatter

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #388 on: October 28, 2014, 07:29:56 am »
Yeah, it depends on the venue. The worcester show was floor but had a balcony with seats and limited seating by the bar. Seats u front on the floor for a metal/rock show is lame imo. This isn't the symphony orchestra here haha... but better than nothing I suppose.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 07:30:38 am by Madhatter »
And the blood shall flow free like words... And the bones will form stairs to the future...

Offline ZachAttack

• Uninvited Guest
« Reply #389 on: October 28, 2014, 07:58:57 am »

Usually only really big theaters and arenas have bult-in seating. Large clubs and smaller theaters (which is what 99% of all metal bands play in the USA) are almost always just big opened areas and there might be a few chairs or bar stools in certain areas. The show in Chicago had a row of seats along a balcony and some smaller balconys next to the stage, but it was filled with people standing up. Even theaters with seating always have a "pit" area in front with no seats. But even with seats, people just stand up the whole time, like they would do at an arena or stadium show, I don't think anyone ever sits the entire time or else they wouldn't be able to see anything. The good thing about seats though is you can sit through the shitty opening acts and won't be so tired when the headliner comes on

Offline The Joker

• Back Door Man
  • $xDxR
« Reply #390 on: October 28, 2014, 07:59:54 am »
Yeah, it depends on the venue. The worcester show was floor but had a balcony with seats and limited seating by the bar. Seats u front on the floor for a metal/rock show is lame imo. This isn't the symphony orchestra here haha... but better than nothing I suppose.
I guess it doesn't even exist here in Brazil.
I doubt any venue here has seats for rock/metal shows.

Offline ZachAttack

• Uninvited Guest
« Reply #391 on: October 28, 2014, 08:03:39 am »

The opening band started at 7:45 and ended at 8:30. King Diamond started at 9:15 and ended at 10:45. The merch booth line was way longer at the end and most of the stuff was gone by that time. The merch booth line before the show was very short. There were only a couple items that were tour-exclusives and not available on his webstore (I think the scarf, longsleeve halloween tour shirt, and shirt with picture of him in the wheelchair from Them), so unless you really want one of those items then I wouldn't worry about it

Offline Count Jonah

• Desecrator Of Souls
  • +++++
« Reply #392 on: October 28, 2014, 10:46:20 am »
Front row in Denver! Had Mike Weeds pick too

Ha! I just noticed that "typo"!!!  :D

Offline Azalin

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Blood For Master
« Reply #393 on: October 28, 2014, 09:52:22 pm »
the people that run FunFunFun fest here in Austin have finally posted the schedule, and it doesn't list Jess and the Ancient Ones . I'm wondering if that's a mistake, or if they're not actually playing?

either way, I'm really looking forward to the show......it's been  too long since the last one! \m/
Lady, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave the store....

- Ash, housewares

Offline TwilightKing

• Administrator
« Reply #394 on: October 28, 2014, 09:58:11 pm »
the people that run FunFunFun fest here in Austin have finally posted the schedule, and it doesn't list Jess and the Ancient Ones . I'm wondering if that's a mistake, or if they're not actually playing?

either way, I'm really looking forward to the show......it's been  too long since the last one! \m/
I wish i could come down there and see him again, hanging out with Az of course!  :cool:

Offline Azalin

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Blood For Master
« Reply #395 on: October 28, 2014, 10:01:03 pm »
I wish i could come down there and see him again, hanging out with Az of course!  :cool:

you're welcome anytime, my friend! Chagosomar is supposed to be here for the show, but if you can break away we can make it a threesome.  :P
Lady, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave the store....

- Ash, housewares

Offline ElektroDragon

• Unclean Spirit
« Reply #396 on: October 28, 2014, 11:50:30 pm »
Just got back from the Seattle show and WOOOOW!!!  Perfect form,  I mean everything was album quality! Just perfect.  Thanks for dropping the hint about a brand new album, King!

My only complaint, and this may be due to be almost middle aged, is that it was TOO DAMN LOUD!  At points it was reverbing and distorting.  I only lasted 60 seconds during Sleepless Nights before I had to put in my musician's earplugs. And even then I thought I'd be deaf afterwards.

Why do they have to make concerts so bloody loud?! Still, just amazing stuff, awesome theatrics and magic tricks, everything was top notch.

My favorite songs live were probably At The Graves and Tea.  Just something about the how they sounded live I guess.  I don't think they played the full 8 minute version of At The Graves, but I'll take anything I can get. :)

This was my first KD concert ever, even though I've been a fan for almost 25 years.  :WiNkA:  For ages I thought I'd never see King live, so this was a dream come true!  Looking forward now to doing a complete in order listen to MF and KD catalogs again.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 11:52:49 pm by ElektroDragon »

Offline Count Jonah

• Desecrator Of Souls
  • +++++
« Reply #397 on: October 28, 2014, 11:53:23 pm »
Sorry about your ears, but I hope KD continues to keep it loud and proud!  \m/

Now say what's this about a new album hint?  :D :king:

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Superpostwhore
  • If thine eyes decieve thee, pluck them out!
« Reply #398 on: October 29, 2014, 12:06:54 am »
Sorry about your ears, but I hope KD continues to keep it loud and proud!  \m/

Now say what's this about a new album hint?  :D :king:
King was saying "now for something off our new album, even though its an old one now. But we're going to change that soon " or something like that. Deff. A new album hint and I cant wait!

Like dude above said, the show was top notch! The sound and setlist were both incredible and the band was tight as a drum. Don't know what he's talking about being too loud, cuz there is no such thing! 

The crowd went absolutely fucking nuts when they played Evil. Just an amazing show all around! My throat hurts, my neck is sore and my ears feel like they are bleeding, so yeah great fucking show.  \m/

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Superpostwhore
  • If thine eyes decieve thee, pluck them out!
« Reply #399 on: October 29, 2014, 12:09:20 am »
Oh, and great to meet you Painkiller, glad we were able to run into each other. Hope your having a great time at Satan, wish I didn't have to work in the morning I'd be there also.