Author Topic: King Diamond North American Tour 2014  (Read 125411 times)

Offline NmE

• Unborn
Re: King Diamond North American Tour 2014
« Reply #400 on: October 29, 2014, 01:26:00 am »
Just got back from the Seattle show and it was amazing. The band was tight and King's voice was strong. The crowd was awesome. Really a good vibe. It felt like the fans knew they were getting to see something special. Definitely different than the other concerts i've seen recently. Hard to put into words. Can't wait to see him tour with the new albulm [which is hopefully coming out soon].

Offline Douchebag St John

• Deadly Lullabye
  • Invoking the Master 2 procreate the Unholy Bastard
« Reply #401 on: October 29, 2014, 08:37:41 am »

The crowd went absolutely fucking nuts when they played Evil.

The biggest pops of the night at the Atlanta show were for Evil and Come to the Sabbath. I hope that King sees that and ok's a MF tour, or at least some dates in the US. Ill fly to New York to see them if I have to.
Ahh... I have longed to be at one with this
Yet, the waters call my name

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Superpostwhore
  • If thine eyes decieve thee, pluck them out!
« Reply #402 on: October 29, 2014, 09:17:09 am »
The biggest pops of the night at the Atlanta show were for Evil and Come to the Sabbath. I hope that King sees that and ok's a MF tour, or at least some dates in the US. Ill fly to New York to see them if I have to.
yeah that's the first thing that popped into my head when I saw that last night. It just has to happen, the fans need more Fate!

• Deadly Lullabye
« Reply #403 on: October 29, 2014, 09:23:32 am »
The roof almost blew of Center Stage when the band hit the first crunches of Evil and the " Goodbye! " was deafening. I still get some chills thinking about how awesome that was. Reminded me of catching Sabbath when they first got back together. The sirens hit for Warpigs and I just stood there asking myself it I was really hearing this....to be fair the entire show on the 11th was like that for me. I had kinda become convinced that I was never going to get to see The King live. Incredibly thankful that I did.  :king:

Offline ElektroDragon

• Unclean Spirit
« Reply #404 on: October 29, 2014, 09:28:13 am »
The crowd went absolutely fucking nuts when they played Evil. Just an amazing show all around! My throat hurts, my neck is sore and my ears feel like they are bleeding, so yeah great fucking show.  \m/

That's kind of funny... I noticed that too, but the MF songs were the only time I WASN'T going nuts.  What can I say, I'm a bigger KD than MF fan, but I do love me some In The Shadows style MF.

It was a little odd, they'd play something like Eye of the Witch or At The Graves and I'd go absolutely nuts while most people were just mildly headbanging.  Then MF, everyone would go nuts, I'd be the one just mildy banging.  :icon_biggrin:
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 10:25:01 am by ElektroDragon »

Offline BellwitchMF

• Angel Of Light
  • R.I.P Mr Ronnie James Dio \m/ \m/
« Reply #405 on: October 29, 2014, 10:13:47 am »
I'm gonna try to go wild every damn song but gonna get even extra bat shit crazy on the Mercyful Fate songs this halloween!! I love both bands with all my heart but what can I say I like Mercy little bit more and it's what got me Into King hence my name  \m/ :king:

Offline ElektroDragon

• Unclean Spirit
« Reply #406 on: October 29, 2014, 10:20:03 am »
Don't know what he's talking about being too loud, cuz there is no such thing! 

Welll... at least 1/3rd of the crowd was wearing earplugs. So, I mean ideally, it would be very loud, but just loud enough so that no one would have to wear earplugs. That's how it was at a Trans Siberian Orchestra concert I went to.  Which was the last "metal" concert I went to.  It's just me though, since I don't typically go to live shows, I just don't have the tolerance built up. Some would say that tolerance is actually hearing loss, but I'm not gonna judge. :)

Offline ElektroDragon

• Unclean Spirit
« Reply #407 on: October 29, 2014, 10:28:15 am »
I love both bands with all my heart but what can I say I like Mercy little bit more and it's what got me Into King hence my name  \m/ :king:

I like KD a little more than MF and discovered KD first in the Them/Conspiracy era.  There's probably a correlation there.  :diabo_do_msn:

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Superpostwhore
« Reply #408 on: October 29, 2014, 10:32:33 am »
The roof almost blew of Center Stage when the band hit the first crunches of Evil and the " Goodbye! " was deafening. I still get some chills thinking about how awesome that was. Reminded me of catching Sabbath when they first got back together. The sirens hit for Warpigs and I just stood there asking myself it I was really hearing this....to be fair the entire show on the 11th was like that for me. I had kinda become convinced that I was never going to get to see The King live. Incredibly thankful that I did.  :king:
Yeah I think I blew something last night singing along to that song, I still can't talk right lol My head is still throbbing too, I guess I bounced my brain off the skull once too many times.

ANd I know what you mean about the Sabbath feeling too. I got to see them back on New Years Evil in Phoenix, AZ one of the first reunion shows they did if memory serves, and was just blown away that I was actually watching Sabbath on stage. Last night was the same way, and my wife just couldn't stop laughing when I kept pacing at the house and couldn't wipe this stupid grin off my face all day long. Now it's over, and I'll be counting down the days till the next time.  :king:

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Superpostwhore
« Reply #409 on: October 29, 2014, 10:34:36 am »
Welll... at least 1/3rd of the crowd was wearing earplugs. So, I mean ideally, it would be very loud, but just loud enough so that no one would have to wear earplugs. That's how it was at a Trans Siberian Orchestra concert I went to.  Which was the last "metal" concert I went to.  It's just me though, since I don't typically go to live shows, I just don't have the tolerance built up. Some would say that tolerance is actually hearing loss, but I'm not gonna judge. :)
Well I am half deaf anyways, born with bad ears from the start, and have abused them heavily with shooting and playing drums way back when, and going to many many concerts, so my tolerance is great lol

Offline Invisible Boy

• Haunted
« Reply #410 on: October 29, 2014, 01:10:49 pm »

A short Mercyful Fate tour in the spring would be great.  Just a handful of dates in the USA would be awesome, and I am sure they would sell great since it has been 15 years since their last tour.

Offline Maiden Jersey

• The mother of postwhores!
  • Become Earth
« Reply #411 on: October 29, 2014, 01:24:48 pm »
Not that I mind because it's live and everyone is pumped up but holy fucking hell they are flying on those MF tunes, they play Evil like 3x faster haha !   \m/ \m/ \m/ :king:

Offline Heisenberg

• Unborn
« Reply #412 on: October 29, 2014, 03:39:13 pm »
My only complaint, and this may be due to be almost middle aged, is that it was TOO DAMN LOUD!  At points it was reverbing and distorting.  I only lasted 60 seconds during Sleepless Nights before I had to put in my musician's earplugs. And even then I thought I'd be deaf afterwards.

Why do they have to make concerts so bloody loud?!

Well, I'm 50 years old.. and I was at the Seattle concert last night, also.  I was in the very back of the venue, like two rows up from the back wall in the back of the balcony... (this is what you get when your friends can't decide whether they want to go or not) and it was NOT too damn loud up there.  I didn't wear earplugs for the whole show, and I'm usually pretty sensitive to that sort of thing.  And I'd say that have to be that loud so that the people in the back can hear what's going on.  If the volume was any lower, I wouldn't have been able to hear them playing over the sound of the crowd in the back.  I'd say your complaints have a lot more to do with where you were in the venue than anything.

Killer show, though... I saw King Diamond in the same venue back in 1988, and he's still every bit as good live as he was back in those days.  There was one effect they did with the lighting during "The Candle" that I haven't seen in other live videos from this tour... I've watched several videos and they didn't do this in any of them, but they did it in Seattle and it was awesome.

So there's a break that happens at about 4:26 in the studio version of the song... and then at 4:58 all the music stops and it's just King singing the high note... when King sang that note, the only lights that were lit up... all in red... were the upside down crosses on the side of the stage, the pentagram with the goat head on it, and there was red lighting underneath the stage on King Diamond when he sang the note.

Edit:  I found video of it... it happens at 4:58 towards the end of the video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9AqlubY-tI

The lighting guys should always do that live because it was totally badass.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 09:39:19 am by Heisenberg »

Offline Painkiller

• Up From The Grave
  • Rocking the Night Away
    • Forces of Steel
« Reply #413 on: October 29, 2014, 04:54:58 pm »
Oh, and great to meet you Painkiller, glad we were able to run into each other. Hope your having a great time at Satan, wish I didn't have to work in the morning I'd be there also.
King Diamond really tore shit up!

Satan was literally packed with people inside the venue. I even got to meet Brian Ross, Steve Ramsey, and Graeme English.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 03:19:47 pm by Painkiller »

• Deadly Lullabye
« Reply #414 on: October 29, 2014, 05:02:44 pm »

The lighting guys should always do that live because it was totally badass.

The stage set and the lighting were incredibly bad ass. I do feel bad for the guys that have to tear down that stage every night just to put it back up the next day. That's got to be labor intensive.

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Superpostwhore
« Reply #415 on: October 29, 2014, 05:10:58 pm »
The stage set and the lighting were incredibly bad ass. I do feel bad for the guys that have to tear down that stage every night just to put it back up the next day. That's got to be labor intensive.
As an ex-stagehand I can tell you they probably have it down to a science and it probably goes down in tow hours max. I could be wrong, I was mainly in the tradeshow end of it, and didn't do too much with concerts and stuff, but I know if they are good, and I'm sure they are, then everything would go pretty quickly.

• Deadly Lullabye
« Reply #416 on: October 29, 2014, 05:42:35 pm »
As an ex-stagehand I can tell you they probably have it down to a science and it probably goes down in tow hours max. I could be wrong, I was mainly in the tradeshow end of it, and didn't do too much with concerts and stuff, but I know if they are good, and I'm sure they are, then everything would go pretty quickly.

Yeah, I could imagine that pros get it done quick. I don't know crap about that end of things honestly.

Offline crutnut

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #417 on: October 29, 2014, 06:03:29 pm »
I'm a few days late but, the Salt Lake City show was amazing! The band and crew were top notch. I took my daughter and a couple friends. My friends are huge King Diamond fans now! (My daughter has been for years) The sound was just incredible. After the show, I heard so many talking about the sound and how tight the musicianship was. What a class act fore sure. I hope the band & crew enjoyed Utah as much as we enjoyed having "Them".

Offline luisito

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #418 on: October 30, 2014, 02:06:17 am »
Here's some info for those who are attending the Halloween show on Friday. I called the wiltern for info and this is the schedule the automated system provided.

7:30pm doors
8:15pm-9:10pm Jess and the Ancient Ones
9:45pm-11:15pm King Diamond

The show is sold out. Pit is exclusively reversed for pit ticket holders. There is an after party after the show.

Offline luisito

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #419 on: October 30, 2014, 02:12:55 am »
Did anyone purchase the tour halloween long sleeve shirt? I was wondering how the fit is. True to size or running on the small/large size?

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Superpostwhore
« Reply #420 on: October 30, 2014, 09:08:25 am »
Did anyone purchase the tour halloween long sleeve shirt? I was wondering how the fit is. True to size or running on the small/large size?
Ibought one, they seem pretty true to size.

Offline BellwitchMF

• Angel Of Light
  • R.I.P Mr Ronnie James Dio \m/ \m/
« Reply #421 on: October 30, 2014, 09:22:12 am »
Here's some info for those who are attending the Halloween show on Friday. I called the wiltern for info and this is the schedule the automated system provided.

7:30pm doors
8:15pm-9:10pm Jess and the Ancient Ones
9:45pm-11:15pm King Diamond

The show is sold out. Pit is exclusively reversed for pit ticket holders. There is an after party after the show.

Hmm after party?? Wonder if King will be there ?!  :)

• Deadly Lullabye
« Reply #422 on: October 30, 2014, 09:47:03 am »
Ibought one, they seem pretty true to size.

I too bought one. I got a 2x because I like for the sleeves on shirts like that to be loose. It's pretty true to size and only shrank slightly once washed ( didn't dry it ).

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Superpostwhore
« Reply #423 on: October 30, 2014, 10:18:51 am »
I too bought one. I got a 2x because I like for the sleeves on shirts like that to be loose. It's pretty true to size and only shrank slightly once washed ( didn't dry it ).
Yeah me too, but only because I'm a fat fuck lol And last couple times I bought a long sleeve XL they were a bit small and the sleeves were short. This one fits me a little loose, so I hope it shrinks when I wash it, then it will be perfect.

Offline wildchildelsner

• Voodoo Priest
  • The dreams... They always do come true
« Reply #424 on: October 30, 2014, 04:06:29 pm »
Welp, tomorrow is my chance to see the King! After five long years since I first discovered him, this show is going to be amazing! It's on goddamn Halloween night no less! This show won't just be a dream! \m/. Hope to see some of you Coveners there besides Bellwitch! We gotta get a Coven party going there, haha \m/
"We are Grim Salvation, we play heavy metal and melt faces, now quit gawking and go mental!"