Author Topic: King Diamond North American Tour 2014  (Read 125510 times)

Offline Douchebag St John

• Deadly Lullabye
  • Invoking the Master 2 procreate the Unholy Bastard
Re: King Diamond North American Tour 2014
« Reply #425 on: October 30, 2014, 04:21:09 pm »
Welp, tomorrow is my chance to see the King! After five long years since I first discovered him, this show is going to be amazing! It's on goddamn Halloween night no less! This show won't just be a dream! \m/. Hope to see some of you Coveners there besides Bellwitch! We gotta get a Coven party going there, haha \m/

Enjoy. You're prob the one show thats going to get any changes in the set list. I have to believe he's going to play Halloween.
Ahh... I have longed to be at one with this
Yet, the waters call my name

Offline BellwitchMF

• Angel Of Light
  • R.I.P Mr Ronnie James Dio \m/ \m/
« Reply #426 on: October 30, 2014, 10:29:23 pm »
Welp, tomorrow is my chance to see the King! After five long years since I first discovered him, this show is going to be amazing! It's on goddamn Halloween night no less! This show won't just be a dream! \m/. Hope to see some of you Coveners there besides Bellwitch! We gotta get a Coven party going there, haha \m/

me and Desc will be there brotha! and i think that luista guy too who gave you the pit code!  \m/

Offline Count Jonah

• Desecrator Of Souls
  • +++++
« Reply #427 on: October 31, 2014, 02:58:58 am »
Hmm after party?? Wonder if King will be there ?!  :)

Ah, please somebody film this!  :icon_twisted:
"And I'm just the devil with love to spare
Viva Las Vegas Viva Las Vegas" - The King

Offline luisito

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #428 on: October 31, 2014, 05:24:52 am »
me and Desc will be there brotha! and i think that luista guy too who gave you the pit code!  \m/

You bet I'll be there! See you guys in the pit! \m/

Also thanks guys for the info on the shirt sizing.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 05:29:27 am by luisito »

Offline BigMan78

• Just A Shadow
« Reply #429 on: October 31, 2014, 12:40:29 pm »
I discovered King about 8 years ago, shortly after his back injury that axed his last US tour.  After years of waiting I finally got to see him perform last night in SF, and it was everything I could have hoped for.  He and the band sound great.  Out of all the concerts I've been to, they did the best job of replicating their sound from the albums.  And I know all of you have likely seen pictures of the set already, but it is even better in person.  For all of you going tonight and on the rest of the tour, have a blast!

:king: Happy Halloween  :king:

Offline MaliceReverence

• One Of "Them"
« Reply #430 on: November 01, 2014, 12:23:08 am »
I have another question. What is the setlist, does anyone know? I do imagine that King will playing a lot of the classics but i am wanting to know which ones. Please answer.  :cool:
In heaven, all the interesting people are missing.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline BellwitchMF

• Angel Of Light
« Reply #431 on: November 01, 2014, 07:59:23 am »
I have another question. What is the setlist, does anyone know? I do imagine that King will playing a lot of the classics but i am wanting to know which ones. Please answer.  :cool:

Hey malice long time no talk buddy!! Still recovering from the LA show so amazing!! Best show I ever been to in my life!' King sounds phenomal and the band sounds amazing but I'll give full review later. But for the setlist just type in King Diamond setlist and should be first link on Google ???? they open with the candle! Yeah website is called setlist.fm
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 08:03:14 am by BellwitchMF »

Offline piecemeal

• Up From The Grave
« Reply #432 on: November 01, 2014, 09:06:20 am »
King sounded great despite being sick with food poisoning!  He took a small break and they started late resulting in Black Horsemen being cut (I'm assuming this was the reason).  No problems here though amazing show, better than I ever imagined.  :D

Offline Livia Zita

• Band
    • Livia's Artsy Stuff
« Reply #433 on: November 01, 2014, 10:27:21 am »
Actually, Black Horsemen was cut because King was so sick he couldn't do that long song.
I don't think he let on just how ill he was feeling.
He has severe food poisoning.
Working in the backgrounds :)

Offline TwilightKing

• Administrator
« Reply #434 on: November 01, 2014, 11:15:36 am »
Actually, Black Horsemen was cut because King was so sick he couldn't do that long song.
Hope he recovers soon. He's a tough one, that's for sure. Can't imagine singing with stomach illness. Get well soon, King! (he needs a nice cup of tea)

Offline piecemeal

• Up From The Grave
« Reply #435 on: November 01, 2014, 12:25:46 pm »

Thanks for clarifying.  Let me just say he did not let on AT ALL and his voice sounded great.  One of the many things about the King that you gotta respect is his dedication and love for the fans.  A living legend and I feel blessed by Satan himself to have been there last night! (and scored the special Halloween shirt they had in size large woo woo)

Offline bolivarmaxi

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #436 on: November 01, 2014, 07:12:30 pm »

Hope King stay ok
BAMT

Offline wildchildelsner

• Voodoo Priest
  • The dreams... They always do come true
« Reply #437 on: November 01, 2014, 07:59:46 pm »
With the performance he put on last night, I couldn't even tell there was anything wrong with him! Although I did see him holding his stomach quite often during the set, I'm sure singing the way he does, especially with food poisoning, wasn't an easy task. But in the end he tore through that set list like it was nothing! I gotta hand it to King, he was a trooper last night. Not to take anything away from the rest of the band. Everyone was on point last night. Thank you guys for coming out and making that Halloween night the best one ever! Can't wait for the next one! :king:
"We are Grim Salvation, we play heavy metal and melt faces, now quit gawking and go mental!"

Offline Blackest

• Victimized
  • Sleepless Nights
« Reply #438 on: November 02, 2014, 02:27:46 am »
I can only imagine how hard it could be singing for an hour and a half with stomach pain! Every breath from the diaphragm would be hurting like hell! Though the show was not deleted and was perfect too!
King is truly a hero! :king:
Hope he's feeling better now!

Offline Livia Zita

• Band
    • Livia's Artsy Stuff
« Reply #439 on: November 02, 2014, 02:38:46 am »
Very slowly but yes, he is getting better. I'm doing everything I can to get him to feel good again. It was still tough tonight, but slightly better.
Great crowd at Las Vegas HoB. :)

Offline desecrator_of_soul

• Ammit, Eater of the Dead
  • Oh Satan, I beseech thee to have mercy on my soul!
« Reply #440 on: November 02, 2014, 08:28:48 am »
I've had food poisoning a few times (once it ended up being my appendix almost rupturing- had my wife not demanded an MRI, I would have gone home and probably been dead at the moment). I'd say the most soothing thing for my tormented stomach has been hot ginger root tea (Not store bought, but graded ginger root put in a tea bag- all other ginger ales and whatnot don't compare), it's really potent and relieving.
Just a suggestion, because I've had a myriad of awful stomach problems before that required me to be hospitalized many times, and fresh ginger probably relieved my pains the most.

Anyways, I wanted to express my thanks to the band! Amazing show in LA! The concert was a platter of every emotion one can imagine, all at once! I was so ecstatic I could've happily joined Grandma in that cremation and died happy. Thank you ladies and gents! I appreciate it with all my heart and I hope King feels better soon!

Offline Livia Zita

• Band
    • Livia's Artsy Stuff
« Reply #441 on: November 02, 2014, 10:23:52 am »
Thanks for the tip. King cannot drink ginger tea due to several factors, but I appreciate it :)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 10:24:06 am by Livia Zita »

Offline Azalin

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Blood For Master
« Reply #442 on: November 02, 2014, 10:35:15 am »
Thanks for the tip. King cannot drink ginger tea due to several factors, but I appreciate it :)

well, at least you guys are headed towards home now. Texas awaits your return.  :cool:
Lady, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave the store....

- Ash, housewares

Offline Count Jonah

• Desecrator Of Souls
  • +++++
« Reply #443 on: November 02, 2014, 03:02:20 pm »
Very slowly but yes, he is getting better. I'm doing everything I can to get him to feel good again. It was still tough tonight, but slightly better.
Great crowd at Las Vegas HoB. :)
Thanks!  \m/
There were two great bands there as well!  :diabo_do_msn:

I had no idea he was ill judging from King's performance! I'm glad Las Vegas got "Black Horsemen", always the best highlight of the KD set!  :king:
Actually Livia I thought you were out with a cold or something until King introduced you and you came walking out from beneath the balcony I was standing on.  :kopfpatsch:

Offline sfhui

• Unborn
« Reply #444 on: November 02, 2014, 06:36:08 pm »
does anyone here has a ticket stub from the LA halloween show that they dont wanna keep, please please let me know!
sorry this looks like a spam but I'd kick myself if I dont find one to keep

Offline BellwitchMF

• Angel Of Light
« Reply #445 on: November 02, 2014, 07:57:42 pm »
this is a late review but i got to see King this Friday for Halloween in Los Angeles! with my buddy Paul(Desc),his wife Bahara,our friend Erik and we met up with Nick(Wildchildelsner), first off want to say a big thank you to Nick for saving us a spot in line and securing me a spot in very front row!!! Jess and the Ancient ones were alright i enjoyed there whole occult like vibe and enjoyed the first half of the setlist alot more than the like surf sounding music second half! i was already very nervous seeing King for first time my fuckin biggest hero,idol and GOD!!! i felt like i might have damn heartattack or faint just from bein so nervous to be in KINGS PRESENCE!! well after Jess and Ancient ones finished there set,it took King almost whole hour or more after schelduled time i was very worried and nervous that after being fan for over 15 years,seeing him first time and  that maybe the show would be canceled...but then all the nervousness went away once KING hit the stage with the song the CANDLE!! i went so fuckin ballistic i could feel my brain sliding around haha i also teared up a bit i  just was so happy!!!!!  :king:  :) anways KING sounded PHENOMAL!!!! amazing!! i couldnt believe how awesome his voice sounded!!! billion out of ten!!!  \m/ \m/ also at very end King came towards edge of stage thanking the audience and i screamed at top of my lungs"HEY KING!!! LOOK! ITS YOU!!" then pointed at my King Diamond Tattoo portrait on my arm and he actually looked at me and my tattoo,and the look he gave me i will never forget for rest of my life! his eyes light up and he pointed at me with both fingers said "that is fucking amazing" then gave me the horns after with  a huge smile.lets just say i was estatic!!! im not just making this up,even WildChildelsner on here saw the whole thing since he was next to me hehe  :D: :D: well thank you so much for making my halloween and birthday weekend best night and weekend ever! also your so fuckin awesome and tough for blazing thru all those songs with severe food poisoning none the less!!! your a LEGEND!!!  :king: also huge thanks to my best friend Paul for making this the best weekend ever and buying me the ticket and him his wife got me new motorcycle googles and a KING DIAMOND CAKE!!! HAIL TO YOU ALL!! hope to see you soon KING  :diabo_do_msn: :diabo_do_msn:  :cool: :cool: also on a side note the band sounded so fuckin good and tight!! and im really really digging the new Bass Player Pontus,he is really fucking good,plays with his fingers and has awesome stage presence!!! best Bass player King has had since Timi Hansen!! hope he stays around!!  :)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 07:58:17 pm by BellwitchMF »

Offline Hammer

• Voodoo Priest
  • I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles - West Ham!!!
« Reply #446 on: November 02, 2014, 08:32:20 pm »
^ Thanks for the great review, my friend. I almost felt like I was in the very front row with you guys while reading it. Fantastic stuff. \m/
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 08:32:42 pm by Hammer »

Offline Stubs

• Unclean Spirit
« Reply #447 on: November 02, 2014, 09:25:16 pm »
your so fuckin awesome and tough for blazing thru all those songs with severe food poisoning none the less!!! your a LEGEND!!!  :king:

No doubt. He was just getting over a cold when I saw him... And now food poisoning... However, he continues to suffer through show after show while still performing at the top of his game and hasn't yet cancelled a single one (with only four left to go), refusing to disappoint his fans. What a badass. 

Offline Livia Zita

• Band
    • Livia's Artsy Stuff
« Reply #448 on: November 02, 2014, 10:11:27 pm »
Actually Livia I thought you were out with a cold or something until King introduced you and you came walking out from beneath the balcony I was standing on.  :kopfpatsch:

Hah yes, the stage was too narrow and I had to stand behind the PA and towards the back. Same scenario in Seattle. It happens. :)

Offline Count Jonah

• Desecrator Of Souls
  • +++++
« Reply #449 on: November 03, 2014, 02:35:40 am »
There's always room in the coffin! Right, Jodi?  :king:  :D

Yes, very narrow! Jess and the Ancient Ones had to play on that narrow strip between the stage's edge and the KD setup and they have a 100 people in their band! Still there was a massive feeling about that place and the concert.  :icon_twisted: \m/