Author Topic: King Diamond North American Tour 2014  (Read 108535 times)

Offline yamzx1

• Unclean Spirit
Re: King Diamond North American Tour 2014
« Reply #475 on: November 04, 2014, 03:15:45 pm »
I'd give you a hug if I could.

Offline sethydoo666

• Spirit
« Reply #476 on: November 04, 2014, 04:54:32 pm »
I am truly devastated the tucson show got cancelled  :icon_frown:. It was was really one of the only things in my life that i had been looking for and had kept me going. I know thats pathetic, but i have some serious mental illness that is hard for me to regulate emotion and personal problems that make my life hell.
Ive been a king/mf fan since i was 13 and no other artist has ever been able to compare to what king has done for me. Lyrics like black hill sanitarium or waiting in the dark, or on them "the boy has clearly lost his mind"... all these things i could relate to and it made me feel like i wasnt so crazy after all. Maybe i am. obsessing about a musical artist/band like this, letting it ruin me like it has, its just not right. I just know that if it was ANY other band, i wouldnt be this hurt and upset. I saved every bit of the meager income i have for months just to make the drive from albuquerque NM to see the show.

I tried listening to king on the drive back, and all it did was make me weep. i dont know if ill ever be able to enjoy the music on the same level as i used to be able to. I know i shouldnt let this ruin the listening experience, but unfortunatly it already has. Maybe one day ill get another chance to see the band. Talked to my therapist, and she reminded me that i at least got to see king before (2005 puppet master tour albuquerque) so at least i have slight comfort in that. though i really regret drinking at that show, i was planning on being completly sober and one with the moment this time. If i had the money i would be in texas in a heartbeat. somehow i had this feeling when the tour started when i saw tuscon was near the end of the tour i thought " sure hope king isnt sick by the time he gets here" and what do you know sure enough.

Ill stop bitching now. nobody likes to hear others problems. I just need to fucking accept it.

i know its not your fault king. more like some careless foodhandler who didnt wash his hands before preparing food. i will not hold it against you. Please get better soon. I hope the best for you and your health, your wife the, band and good luck with the rest of the tour.

Offline TwilightKing

• Administrator
« Reply #477 on: November 04, 2014, 07:44:45 pm »
seth, first all, welcome to the coven.

second, if you want, message me about your mental health concerns if you'd like someone to help you get through this.

Offline Count Jonah

• Desecrator Of Souls
  • +++++
« Reply #478 on: November 04, 2014, 08:27:36 pm »
Wow, I feel for you Seth, just remember to hang in there, there is always something to look forward to in the world of King Diamond. We all should be grateful that he is still with us after losing a legend like Dio. That said, it's easy to overlook how much a band's music can touch people's lives...even saving them. I know it's an over used bit of advice, but honestly don't dwell on what you don't have, dwell on what you do have. Best of luck to you.
"And I'm just the devil with love to spare
Viva Las Vegas Viva Las Vegas" - The King

Offline sethydoo666

• Spirit
« Reply #479 on: November 04, 2014, 08:54:37 pm »
i know. i am grateful that he is here with us. I just blow things out of proportion at times. might not have seen him this tour but i did get to see him once and for that im extremly thankful. Ill always have my cherished cd and record collection to listen to. and maybe another tour will happen ... one that i dont have to drive 8 hours+ for.             
 i tried my best king and i know you did too. shit happens. maybe next time.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 08:58:08 pm by sethydoo666 »

Offline Livia Zita

• Band
    • Livia's Artsy Stuff
« Reply #480 on: November 04, 2014, 09:23:02 pm »
i know. i am grateful that he is here with us. I just blow things out of proportion at times. might not have seen him this tour but i did get to see him once and for that im extremly thankful. Ill always have my cherished cd and record collection to listen to. and maybe another tour will happen ... one that i dont have to drive 8 hours+ for.             
 i tried my best king and i know you did too. shit happens. maybe next time.

Hi Seth,

First of all, let me say thank you for your nice words and for not going off on a huge bashing. I know sometimes it's difficult not to just pour out everythng and be really mad at someone.

Second, let me assure you that cancelling was NOT and easy decision (it never is). King was feeling absolutely horrible about having to decide to cancel. He hates to disappoint fans.
But imagine, he's sitting in the hospital room, they're talking about IV drops and rehydration, and he is concerned and talking about how he is disappointing the fans.

Having to cancel sucks for both sides.

Please do not let this tarnish your view of the band and the music. We will be back.
Working in the backgrounds :)

Offline Malakai Baldvin

• Unborn
« Reply #481 on: November 04, 2014, 10:22:39 pm »
Growing up on a Native American reservation, you never have the best life one could hope for, but there are things such as music that can keep you sane enough to keep yourself from pulling that trigger of the loaded shotgun & ending it all. At age 13 I discovered the band King Diamond, which became that light at the end of the tunnel that helped me through many, many dark times in my life. So once I heard he was coming to Arizona, I instantly purchased my ticket & marked the calendar for November 3.
Now, at age 18, I'm leaving for the Army in a couple weeks & I really, really hoped to see one of the greatest bands to come out of the Metal world, but that didn't get to happen.
Driving 6 hours from the Navajo Nation reservation wasn't that bad, until I learned it was all for nothing. I don't think I'll ever again get the chance of experiencing the legendary King Diamond band. My "job" I've picked from the Army is infantry, so with the way events are unfolding within the Middle East, most likely I'll be seeing combat. Nobody can predict the future & I want to live through any fighting I may get in to receive another chance of seeing King Diamond, live.
So just like every person I witnessed come & go from the Rialto Theater Monday night, with anger and/or sadness, I eventually came around & began wishing the best of luck with the next venue's opportunity of him performing successfully.

Good luck on your continuing career of making ass kicking Metal!
I'll always be a faithful fan till my last breath.

Offline sethydoo666

• Spirit
« Reply #482 on: November 04, 2014, 10:39:56 pm »
Livia thank you for your reply. I have much empathy for King and the last thing id want is add to him worrying about dissapointing fans. I have to practice acceptance and count my blessings. Some people dont even have somthing special as King Diamond in their lives and i feel special to have even experienced his music.
  I understand the situation
 and the perspective ive gained from looking at it from the other side of things makes me feel a bit selfish.This wont tarnish my admiration of the band or the music. Yeah right now im bummed and listening to abigail isnt going to make me feel better but that will pass. Regardless of a cancelled show i will always be a true diamonbanger. I dont think i could stop listening to Mercyful Fate or King Diamond if I tried.

I wish King a speedy recovery and improved health so that he may finish this tour and continue to tour in the future. I hold you to your word that you will be back. cheers and best wishes.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 10:41:11 pm by sethydoo666 »

Offline Hammer

• Voodoo Priest
  • I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles - West Ham!!!
« Reply #483 on: November 04, 2014, 11:03:22 pm »
Get well soon, King! I just wanted to say you're a true warrior, a great musician and an awesome human being. For me you are the best musician in the whole world.
It's very frustrating to hear the bad news concerning your health but already you have played a long tour that has been a huge success. For most I do admire the most amazing vocal-performances you have delivered, suberb stuff, and I would love to have some good quality stuff from this tour just to remember how great the band sounded.

Take your time to get better and do not worry too much the canceled show(s). Your health is the most important thing. As the live vocals have been beyond awesome, and the whole band have sounded super heavy and great, I can't wait for the next King Diamond album. I'm sure it will be worth the wait.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 12:11:22 am by Hammer »

Offline Stubs

• Unclean Spirit
« Reply #484 on: November 05, 2014, 01:31:36 am »
I commiserate with the fans who missed that stop on this tour. But I also can't wait to hear the next album, especially since it will, hopefully, be a harbinger of your return to the States. Rest up and don't worry about loyalty; we'll be here when you're ready. I'd rather see you play your best than anything less. I'd bet most of the people following this thread feel the same way.

Offline Count Jonah

• Desecrator Of Souls
  • +++++
« Reply #485 on: November 05, 2014, 12:18:38 pm »
 Malakai, that was a great post. For 18 you have a very mature outlook on things. Good luck with the army, stay safe and stay heavy!  \m/

Offline sethydoo666

• Spirit
« Reply #486 on: November 05, 2014, 04:14:57 pm »
Just wondering if there is any leftover merch from the tour will it be available via the webstore? I really had my heart set on that killer longsleeve...

Offline Livia Zita

• Band
    • Livia's Artsy Stuff
« Reply #487 on: November 05, 2014, 05:17:30 pm »
Just wondering if there is any leftover merch from the tour will it be available via the webstore? I really had my heart set on that killer longsleeve...

Yes, the leftovers will be put up for sale in the webshop. But only until supplies last, afaik.

Offline Wizzard

• Victimized
    • myspace
« Reply #488 on: November 05, 2014, 08:35:14 pm »
Sorry to hear King is ill! I hope he has a speedy recovery!

Is the Dallas show still on or is it cancelled?

I've been a Diamond banger since Fatal Portrait and I've never had the opportunity to see a show. I'm planning to come in from Lubbock for the show.

Get well soon King!

Offline Davidk

• Mandrake
« Reply #489 on: November 05, 2014, 09:07:15 pm »
 Thanks to everyone for sharing their stories & welcome to the Board .......sorry some of you had to miss your show , but look to the future of new albums & new tours ......Stay Metal !  \m/

Offline Wizzard

• Victimized
    • myspace
« Reply #490 on: November 05, 2014, 10:04:02 pm »
I just bought a ticket to the Dallas show I hope King is well it's a 325 mile trip one way and I'll be driving back directly after :king:
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 10:16:58 pm by Wizzard »

Offline Malakai Baldvin

• Unborn
« Reply #491 on: November 05, 2014, 10:05:50 pm »
Thanks Count Jonah, I really appreciate that.

Good luck with whatever it may be that you're pursuing at the moment!

Offline Count Jonah

• Desecrator Of Souls
  • +++++
« Reply #492 on: November 05, 2014, 10:23:45 pm »
That would be single women. Haha!  :diabo_do_msn: Keep fighting the good fight and keep the metal faith! Cheers!  :king:

Offline Livia Zita

• Band
    • Livia's Artsy Stuff
« Reply #493 on: November 06, 2014, 12:25:12 am »
The Dallas and Austin shows are still happening, yes.

Malakai, thank you for the nice words! Wishing you all the best and all the luck in your service, and thank you!
I am sure you will see us someday.

Offline Blackest

• Victimized
  • Sleepless Nights
« Reply #494 on: November 06, 2014, 12:43:53 am »
Hi Livia, didn't you play in Houston either?
How does King feels today?

Offline ZachAttack

• Uninvited Guest
« Reply #495 on: November 06, 2014, 07:28:05 am »
Yes, the leftovers will be put up for sale in the webshop. But only until supplies last, afaik.

People are already trying to sell the longsleeve halloween shirt on ebay for over $100!

Offline Livia Zita

• Band
    • Livia's Artsy Stuff
« Reply #496 on: November 06, 2014, 08:09:52 am »
Hi Livia, didn't you play in Houston either?
How does King feels today?

Yes, we played in Houston. :)
But as the Houston show was already finished by the time I posted, I didn't include it in my post.

Edit: King feels better, but he's still certainly not a 100%. He's been drinking a LOT of fluids, watered down gatorade and chicken soup. Takes a while to get back to normal after such a severe food poisoning.
It was first time ever that I had to go out to the middle of the stage yesterday and refill his water drinking glasses.
Also, he was so focused on remembering to hydrate throughout the show, that he completely skipped over playing At The Graves, and launched into announcing the medley :D
That really sent the rest of the band scrambling, haha :)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 10:25:20 am by Livia Zita »

Offline ZachAttack

• Uninvited Guest
« Reply #497 on: November 06, 2014, 10:12:30 am »
I am truly devastated the tucson show got cancelled  :icon_frown:. It was was really one of the only things in my life that i had been looking for and had kept me going. I know thats pathetic, but i have some serious mental illness that is hard for me to regulate emotion and personal problems that make my life hell.

Its the exact same thing for me. I have severe depression and the show in Chicago was literally the only thing in life I had to look forward too. I was SO nervous that something was going to happen that would cause the show would be cancelled because I don't know what the hell I would have done if it was.

Offline Amidiatus

• Desecrator Of Souls
« Reply #498 on: November 06, 2014, 11:08:13 am »
Get better King! You must know all your fans all over the globe are with You! Even living far from home in a country overtaken by war I keep an eye for everything you do, every show you play.

Offline bolivarmaxi

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #499 on: November 06, 2014, 11:54:08 am »
Get better King! You must know all your fans all over the globe are with You! Even living far from home in a country overtaken by war I keep an eye for everything you do, every show you play.

Yes, my friend you are right, I hope some day this horrible war ends, best wishes for you from Ecuador :king:
BAMT