Author Topic: Live Blu Ray  (Read 5132 times)

Offline AZcoven

• Unborn
Re: Live Blu Ray
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2017, 02:07:31 PM »
I havent been a forum member for long but I remember a couple or maybe few years ago KD mentioned something about releasing a video of Mercyful Fate material is what I would much prefer since there is only 3 bootleg videos out there all in sub par quality, one from 83, and two from 1984 but I can see this as never happening. I'm sure its mainly the old die hard fans that would buy it. It wouldn't make financial sense as KD is much more popular as a band, and has the label baking for the DVD.
I don't get real excited about a new KD DVD I guess as I have a few nice quality shows from the last couple tours the Mayhem Fest in Phoenix and WA and a nice version of Psycho in Vegas. But I can understand people who haven't seen him or heard him live must feel.
I always have my fingers crossed for more studio work from MF or KD
WANTED MF shows, pre 85 I have large collection since '83 of live, demos, dangerzone, brats, fanclub

Offline TheUnborn

• Haunted
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2017, 10:08:27 PM »
I just read an interview with Brian Slagel where he says the dvd / blu ray is planned for beginning next  year.
Unknown which month.
By the end of 2018, when things go as planned a new King Diamond record. After that (2019)possible talks about a new Mercyful Fate release.

It will be worth the wait.  \m/

Please please please.

Online Bub

• Global Moderator
  • Doomed by the living dead!
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2017, 11:35:29 PM »
nah

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
  • If thine eyes decieve thee, pluck them out!
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2017, 02:36:53 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IL7oYIvgRfQ&feature=youtu.be   \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/
Looks like Livia sings a lot on there. Not that it matters to me, but I thought she said she only sings certain parts of some songs. Looked like she was singing the whole song on that video.

Looking forward to hearing and seeing the whole thing. I've purposefully not watched any of those shows on youtube, just so it will be fresh and new when the official release comes out. The less I see the better till I hold the bluray in my hands!  :king:

Offline Livia Zita

• Band
    • Livia's Artsy Stuff
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2017, 11:57:47 PM »
Looks like Livia sings a lot on there. Not that it matters to me, but I thought she said she only sings certain parts of some songs. Looked like she was singing the whole song on that video.

Looking forward to hearing and seeing the whole thing. I've purposefully not watched any of those shows on youtube, just so it will be fresh and new when the official release comes out. The less I see the better till I hold the bluray in my hands!  :king:

Halloween is one of the few songs where I do sing a lot (along with Arrival and Mansion in Darkness). In Halloween, this is not only to do the harmonies, but to also give the chorus some... well... chorus-y feel :) Also, sometimes I have to sing a whole line along before splitting off into a harmony for the last word or two; it’s near impossible to nicely jump into a harmony for just a different tone for 2 seconds (and it sounds weird live).

We have everything worked out to sound as good as possible :)
Working in the backgrounds :)

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
  • If thine eyes decieve thee, pluck them out!
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2017, 03:18:50 PM »
Halloween is one of the few songs where I do sing a lot (along with Arrival and Mansion in Darkness). In Halloween, this is not only to do the harmonies, but to also give the chorus some... well... chorus-y feel :) Also, sometimes I have to sing a whole line along before splitting off into a harmony for the last word or two; it’s near impossible to nicely jump into a harmony for just a different tone for 2 seconds (and it sounds weird live).

We have everything worked out to sound as good as possible :)
Don't get me wrong, if it makes for a better sound then I'm all for it. At least you guys are honest about it, unlike other artists that hide vocalists, pipe in music and other things to make themselves sound better. It's not like what I heard Ozzy does, or has done, where he has some dude backstage singing for him while he lip synches. Not sure how true that is, but I wouldn't doubt it. I used to work for I.A.T.S.E. stagehand union, and some of my co-workers worked a Sabbath reunion show back in 1998 where they saw a singer and drummer backstage doing the music. I don't know how much singing the guy was doing, maybe just a little bit, but still they were hiding it from people. I'd rather have someone be honest and not deceive me. I respect that King doesn't do that with you, and love seeing you on stage with him. If it makes him sound better, (which the last show I saw was truly amazing) then I hope whatever magic formula you guys have, keeps going for a long time to come.

and don't take what I said the wrong way on the other hand lol King sounds great with and without you!  :gah: