Author Topic: KING DIAMOND - The Truth  (Read 23764 times)

Offline SatanKing

• "Amon" Belongs To You
Re: KING DIAMOND - The Truth
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2014, 05:36:23 pm »
Calling King  a tired bitter old man?  Really?  I expect a comment like that from a 5 year old, not a grown man.  But drugs will do that to you I guess.  And if he hated it so much as he says then why did he return to King Diamond and stay so long?  Hal's side of things make no sense
"Satanism is about the Powers/Spirits of Darkness/Unknown" - King Diamond

Offline Chagosomar

• Angel Of Light
  • "Moonchild!!! Hear the mandrake scream!"
    • Deadly Fujow. A dark ambient project
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2014, 06:19:31 pm »
Calling King  a tired bitter old man?  Really?  I expect a comment like that from a 5 year old, not a grown man.  But drugs will do that to you I guess.  And if he hated it so much as he says then why did he return to King Diamond and stay so long?  Hal's side of things make no sense
It's not like King didn't say5 yr old stuff too.
I think that's what a lot of people are saying. This just needs to die so all parties can get back to playing.

Offline SatanKing

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2014, 06:24:26 pm »
And they will.  This is not going to stop them from playing at all. King already made that clear

Offline bladestone9

• Owner Of The "LOA" House
  • Taste Religion...Lick A Witch!
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2014, 06:39:10 pm »
The Satanic point of view from my understanding is taking responsibility for your own ups & downs. If you rob a bank and go to prison dont blame the cops for arresting you. If you take drugs and lose a dream job don't blame the Satanic Master Mind of Heavy Metal...Hail King! :king:
I CAN'T GO TO HELL...SATAN STILL HAS THAT RESTRAINING ORDER AGAINST ME.

Offline SatanKing

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2014, 06:51:07 pm »
The best part was when Hal said he is not a drug addict and not even a drinker but that he does a few shots before going onstage!  Talk about a contradiction. Maybe he was drunk or high at the time he said that

Offline Chagosomar

• Angel Of Light
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2014, 06:54:47 pm »
I don't know King personally, and I don't know Hal personally.
So in my mind, I can't really judge either of them or their actions.

And hell yeah, satanskingdom, I'll take you up on that beer!

Offline MagnusRex

• Uninvited Guest
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2014, 07:26:00 pm »
I get it that one guy is the main man and the creative controller....but when players; good, bad or mediocre, continually leave, some with bitterness and some professionally without comment I think there has just got to be a valid reason for all that turnover.  If this happens once or twice over a space of a few years that's one thing.  But continually, over the space of 30 years?  There's a pattern here.  :read:

Good point. I was thinking that earlier actually. There were quite a few line-up changes through the years and you have to wonder why.

I have no idea how profitable King Diamond is, but I don't imagine it being a million-dollar act (I could be dead fucking wrong here), a lot of the trouble could be financial. Many great musicians leave great bands because it's just not worth it financially.

Offline Chagosomar

• Angel Of Light
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2014, 07:39:58 pm »
I have no idea how profitable King Diamond is, but I don't imagine it being a million-dollar act

If King ever gets to the million dollar range, one thing comes to mind:
Action figure. Please : )

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Superpostwhore
  • If thine eyes decieve thee, pluck them out!
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2014, 08:48:18 pm »
Pretty pathetic, really.  Not unlike a bad breakup/divorce.
Yeah, and don't forget Hank bolting MF back in the day over 'differences'.  Plus, how many of the old guard ever seem that eager to get back together for more than a quick payday?

I get it that one guy is the main man and the creative controller....but when players; good, bad or mediocre, continually leave, some with bitterness and some professionally without comment I think there has just got to be a valid reason for all that turnover.  If this happens once or twice over a space of a few years that's one thing.  But continually, over the space of 30 years?  There's a pattern here.  :read:
yeah right, because after 19 years of abuse Hal finally had enough! I don't see big turnovers in king diamond, been the same for a long time. Yes members have come and gone over the years but look how long he's been at it. Its a very rare thing for a band to stay together for that kind of time.

Offline SatanKing

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2014, 09:11:58 pm »
Andy has had no problems at all sticking with King and he has been with the band since day one.

Offline Invisible Boy

• Haunted
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2014, 11:48:13 pm »
If King ever gets to the million dollar range, one thing comes to mind:
Action figure. Please : )

I don't see the band grossing a million dollars on the USA tour, even -including merch.  It can get expensive to get keep shows on the road, several thousand dollars a week when you count freight, food, lodging, per diems, etc, etc, etc. 

Offline RipperBendix

• Global Moderator
    • Mah Band
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2014, 01:21:49 am »
I don't see the band grossing a million dollars on the USA tour, even -including merch.  It can get expensive to get keep shows on the road, several thousand dollars a week when you count freight, food, lodging, per diems, etc, etc, etc.

Logistics alone (stage set-up, hands, props...hauling shit from a to b etc) is easily above the 150k range if I understood King right. Payment for the band members is actually one of the smallest positions on the bill. I am all the more pleased to see them play two house shows for the fans  even though they will be straight losses
-This space for rent-

Offline Invisible Boy

• Haunted
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2014, 01:51:18 am »
Logistics alone (stage set-up, hands, props...hauling shit from a to b etc) is easily above the 150k range if I understood King right. Payment for the band members is actually one of the smallest positions on the bill. I am all the more pleased to see them play two house shows for the fans  even though they will be straight losses

It really depends on various factors, but it can get very expensive.  I hope this tour does very well for the band so we can see more tours from both King Diamond and Mercyful Fate!!!

Offline RipperBendix

• Global Moderator
    • Mah Band
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2014, 02:05:54 am »
It really depends on various factors, but it can get very expensive.  I hope this tour does very well for the band so we can see more tours from both King Diamond and Mercyful Fate!!!

I am with you on that! Unfortunately I won't be able to attend Wacken (sold out even before the news got out officially that KD were playing, hell, even sold out before I got the info from the band themselves that they were playing, haha - and probably even sold out before the BAND knew they were playing!) and Berlin so I need more chances to see 'em perform. Two times just ain't enough for me
-This space for rent-

Offline Invisible Boy

• Haunted
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2014, 02:38:01 am »
I am with you on that! Unfortunately I won't be able to attend Wacken (sold out even before the news got out officially that KD were playing, hell, even sold out before I got the info from the band themselves that they were playing, haha - and probably even sold out before the BAND knew they were playing!) and Berlin so I need more chances to see 'em perform. Two times just ain't enough for me

I hope you get more chances to see them.  I saw Mercyful Fate twice, on the Time tour (still one of the great shows of any genre I have ever seen) and the 9 tour, and King Diamond on the House of God tour.  Those other shows were great, but that show on the Time tour holds a special place in my heart.  I cannot wait for the show I will see in October (the same venue I saw the Time tour)! 

Early returns of the North American tour are great, with several shows already sold out.  Hopefully bigger tours in the future with more money coming into the band, helping them continue.  I will definitely be buying merch to help the band!!! 

Offline KingOfTheRotten

• The King Of Diamonds
  • WHOA YAEE!!!
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2014, 03:41:34 am »
If you want tickets, I think we can figure something out someway. There is still tickets available here in Denmark

Offline johnnieczech

• Gypsy
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2014, 03:46:20 am »
This is one hell of a fucking bummer. Hal Patino has always been my favourite KD bass player.
On the other hand, what has gone through the press seems pretty pathetic. Both parties are pulling some weird shit, I tend to be more on King's side though.
I don't know why Hal has to pull his son...like King would need some promotion from him. I feel it's on the contrary. If it wasn't for King Diamond, no one would ever know of Maryann Cotton, with all respect to this young Alice Cooper impersonator.

Offline devilsavocado

• The Preacher
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2014, 05:39:27 am »
I hope the rest of this debacle plays out in private. If King replies publicly to Hal's latest statement, i predict the waste products will hit the ventilation system REAL bad. He will either have to apologise to Hal, or elaborate on what he has only hinted at previously. Somehow, i don't see the apology coming...

Offline ZachAttack

• Uninvited Guest
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2014, 05:59:15 am »
Yeah I don't understand why King is making these public statements. Its just weird to even see him talking like this because King was always one of those guys who refused to ever talk shit about any person or band whatsoever, except for that phony feud with Venom. To hear all this is kind of disappointing because I think King could have just said "Hal was relieved of his duties" and left it at that. If Hal keeps posting lies or whatever else, just let him say whatever he wants, all it does is make him look worse. Regardless of whoever is right or wrong, both sides look childish going back and forth. I believe King's side of the story here but like others have said, the fact that so many other musicians have came and gone from the band can't be ignored either, however I am sure there are explanations for all of them

Offline SatanKing

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2014, 06:13:09 am »
Sure some people say this should be kept private and not go public.  But then if King did not make a statement with details then you would have others crying about why are we not being told anything!  King cannot win. 

Offline RipperBendix

• Global Moderator
    • Mah Band
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2014, 06:36:51 am »
Sure some people say this should be kept private and not go public.  But then if King did not make a statement with details then you would have others crying about why are we not being told anything!  King cannot win.

Yeah, this! It would cause all kinds of conspiracy crafting and people jumping to conclusions.
-This space for rent-

Offline Dr Demented

• Banshee
  • "I am burning for you..."
    • Michael Griffey on Facebook
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2014, 07:24:34 am »
There are no winners on the information superhighway. If you make a statement, you lose. If you don't make a statement, you still lose. No solutions.
THE DEVIL IS A TRUCK DRIVER
http://www.michaelgriffey.com

Offline gamemaster

• Lady In Black
« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2014, 07:42:55 am »
Whatever the truth is i think both sides have to cool down and resolve this issue privately and most importantly civilized.For me,KD is always a band and not a bunch of hired musicians supporting an exceptional frontman.That being said,imho the band works at it's best with certain individuals as members of the line-up!Hal is one of them.These line-up changes are frustrating at least.I hope for the good of the band,this situation will be resolved and both sides find common ground!

Offline Azalin

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Blood For Master
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2014, 08:02:05 am »
yeah right, because after 19 years of abuse Hal finally had enough! I don't see big turnovers in king diamond, been the same for a long time. Yes members have come and gone over the years but look how long he's been at it. Its a very rare thing for a band to stay together for that kind of time.

yep, you're absolutely right. this line-up has been together since 2001 (13 or 14 years) without change. that's not exactly what I'd consider to be a high turnover rate.
Lady, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave the store....

- Ash, housewares

Offline MagnusRex

• Uninvited Guest
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2014, 09:55:36 am »
yep, you're absolutely right. this line-up has been together since 2001 (13 or 14 years) without change. that's not exactly what I'd consider to be a high turnover rate.

True, but you have to remember that they haven't been active from about 2008-now.