Author Topic: KING DIAMOND - The Truth  (Read 20473 times)

Offline Chagosomar

• Angel Of Light
  • "Moonchild!!! Hear the mandrake scream!"
    • Deadly Fujow. A dark ambient project
Re: KING DIAMOND - The Truth
« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2014, 10:06:03 am »
There are no winners on the information superhighway. If you make a statement, you lose. If you don't make a statement, you still lose. No solutions.
Agree.

Any word on Hal's replacement?
Reddit seems to think it's Pontus egberg thx to his Facebook post.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 10:12:04 am by Chagosomar »

Offline KingOfTheRotten

• The King Of Diamonds
  • WHOA YAEE!!!
« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2014, 10:16:49 am »
This goes out to King (if he reads it)

Please for the love of the fans do not buy into this bullshit. The fans do not deserve a feud like this. We have seen the point from both sides now and it has gotten ridiculous after the newest statement Hal has made. Please don't scoop to that level. Not that I think you guys would do so, but if you did it would not do you any good, it would just be a bad media feud and that has never done anything good for anyone. The latest things Hal has said was unacceptable and I understand why you would want to respond, I would have responded, but I just hope it can be a private matter and not just turn into a bunch of media bullshit.

Stuff like this is exacly what happened with Pantera so I really just hope that this will be the lasat thing we hear regarding this matter.

King we, the fans, will always be here and support you! Just don't buy into Hal's media bullshit

Offline bolivarmaxi

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2014, 11:13:52 am »
 Pontus Egberg the new king diamond´s bass player?
BAMT

Offline devilsavocado

• The Preacher
« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2014, 11:55:27 am »
Pontus Egberg the new king diamond´s bass player?

Nothing confirmed at all. However, his facebook DOES say that he's "suddenly in Denmark for rehearsals", or something to that effect...

Offline devilsavocado

• The Preacher
« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2014, 12:14:03 pm »
One should consider the possibility that whoever is hired in the eleventh hour for the European tour, isnt necessarily the long-term, "new King Diamond bass-player"...

Offline Chagosomar

• Angel Of Light
« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2014, 12:20:51 pm »
Yeah that's true, I'm just curious. Fun speculation and all that.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 12:23:06 pm by Chagosomar »

Offline devilsavocado

• The Preacher
« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2014, 12:32:54 pm »
Of course!   :D:

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
  • If thine eyes decieve thee, pluck them out!
« Reply #57 on: July 21, 2014, 12:39:56 pm »
True, but you have to remember that they haven't been active from about 2008-now.
Yes, and they stuck around for him through his time of crisis and patiently waited for him to get back on track. Sounds to me like if he was this asshole Hal is trying to make him out to be it would have been the perfect time for them to jump ship.

Offline MagnusRex

• Uninvited Guest
« Reply #58 on: July 21, 2014, 01:38:37 pm »
Good point.

And the more I think about it, the super inconvenient timing of Hal leaving just screams "Extortion."

"We're on tour in a few days? Pay me more or I'm out." That's a douche move on Hal's part.

I'm now convinced that Hal did leave and wasn't fired, going by King's back-pedaling of "who cares about word-choice?" As such, since King was slippery about the one thing, I'm not entirely convinced him leaving was drug-related. It seems almost entirely financial, and King's vague statement ("reasons similar to 1990") could be the result of projecting a dubious "drug problem" onto Hal's reasoning for being unhappy with his salary.

I'll conclude it with: There's fuckery on both sides.

Best wishes to both Hal and King. I value the music more than the drama.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 01:58:23 pm by MagnusRex »

Offline Walter_BR

• Salem
  • Justice is meaningless without freedom.
« Reply #59 on: July 21, 2014, 03:25:01 pm »

Best wishes to both Hal and King. I value the music more than the drama.

/\ This.

I just don't care which side is telling the truth, who is the asshole, or what the fuck ever. I also think that this kind of drama is completely unnecessary, and worse, the specialized metal media will feed on it like fucking vultures and will do anything to try and bloat the whole thing, because drama=views. And all this will only reflect negatively on the band. Shit, look at how many great bands and artists were ruined by media drama.

I hope that we heard the last of this, so we all can focus on the one thing that really matters: music.

Offline bladestone9

• Owner Of The "LOA" House
  • Taste Religion...Lick A Witch!
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2014, 06:31:12 pm »
this whole thing makes me think of something the Metal God Halford recently said on a different subject. "A storm in a tea cup".  lookin forward to Dallas show. Hail KING :king:
I CAN'T GO TO HELL...SATAN STILL HAS THAT RESTRAINING ORDER AGAINST ME.

Offline Blackest

• Victimized
  • Sleepless Nights
« Reply #61 on: July 22, 2014, 11:31:08 am »
Hi to everybody! Looooooong time no post, but this makes me very very sad!
I still can't believe Hal is no more in the band and will never be again! Such bad statements I read! :icon_sad:
I had the chance to meet him in person back in 2006 and he was one of the nicest guy I ever had the pleasure to know! So kind, funny and affectionate with fans!
He's my favorie bass player of all time, and the work he did in "Them", Conspiracy, The Eye, Abigail II, The Puppet Master and Give Me Your Soul... Please is superlative! Plus his presence on stage always been spectacular!
To me the last line up was the best ever and thought that after 14 years it was the ultimate one!
Don't know which side is right, King or Hal. I'm sure them bot have their own, but that's another proof of what I always believed: Too often the lack of a face-to-face dialogue is the cause of many balls-ups!
I knew that the relationship between King and Hal was "also and above all based on a great bond of friendship"! So what the hell?!
King is my favorite singer of all time! My first musical love since I was a kid, and will always be! No doubt about this!
But Hal is one of the reason I was looking forward to see a King Diamond show again! Along this past 8 years I was always hoping to meet him again!
I'm so sorry! This is the worse news I could hear!
Don't know nothing about the new entry, and I'm sure he'll do a great work as on stage as on the new album, like every single musician around King throughout all of his career! But Hal was special, and not just to me! I remember well an interview of 2001 before the House Of God tour in which King said about Hal's return that he's the best bassist ever militated in his line-up and that everybody were really happy to have him back! And i totally agree!
Don't know what else I could say! I will be forever a HUGE fan of THE KING! I've always been! He's my number one! Best Music, best lyrics, best singer and best live shows!
But sadly, without Hal to me will never be the same thing!
Just my opinion, and I count nothing!
Beside this, I still can't wait for the next album and Italian gig! :king:
Best regards!

Offline johnnieczech

• Gypsy
« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2014, 09:49:30 am »
Well, WHOEVER will be the next bassist for King Diamond, I'm 1000% sure King will address him as "the best bass guitar player he's ever had". Whoever.  :D

Offline Blackest

• Victimized
  • Sleepless Nights
« Reply #63 on: July 23, 2014, 12:26:18 pm »
Well, WHOEVER will be the next bassist for King Diamond, I'm 1000% sure King will address him as "the best bass guitar player he's ever had". Whoever.  :D
Probable!
But it would be the first time in my life in which I'll be in disagreement with him (I was in agreement with King even when he said that Matt Thompson is as skilly as Mikkey Dee! Matt is another one who's absolutely NOT replaceable!)!
Timi Hansen was great too! I love what he did from the beginning to Abigail, but to me Hal is a step ahead! The bass work in "Them" and Give Me Your Soul is the best! And not to mention his presence on stage with his rock'n'roll style! Nothing to compare with Chris Estes or Dave Harbour, albeit I love pretty equally all the albums!
The news of his leaving in worse than the one of K.K. Downing from Judas Priest! The new guy is very talented and I like the new album, but it will never be the same thing!
Now Andy is the only historical member from the classic years!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 12:30:39 pm by Blackest »

Offline Chagosomar

• Angel Of Light
« Reply #64 on: July 23, 2014, 07:41:05 pm »
To me Andy and King are like Bruce and Steve. Just don't things would work well without both.

Offline desecrator_of_soul

• Ammit, Eater of the Dead
  • Oh Satan, I beseech thee to have mercy on my soul!
« Reply #65 on: July 23, 2014, 08:30:21 pm »
Probable!
But it would be the first time in my life in which I'll be in disagreement with him (I was in agreement with King even when he said that Matt Thompson is as skilly as Mikkey Dee! Matt is another one who's absolutely NOT replaceable!)!
Timi Hansen was great too! I love what he did from the beginning to Abigail, but to me Hal is a step ahead! The bass work in "Them" and Give Me Your Soul is the best! And not to mention his presence on stage with his rock'n'roll style! Nothing to compare with Chris Estes or Dave Harbour, albeit I love pretty equally all the albums!
The news of his leaving in worse than the one of K.K. Downing from Judas Priest! The new guy is very talented and I like the new album, but it will never be the same thing!
Now Andy is the only historical member from the classic years!

Timi wrote the bass lines in Them if memory serves (Though they were of course played by Hal).

Offline Shagr

• Mandrake
  • Whoopy-fucking-doo.
    • Shagrmeister
« Reply #66 on: July 24, 2014, 03:30:20 am »
With all due respect, there are plenty of great KD albums done without Hal. And as much I appreciate bass as a part of the band/music, it's still "just" bass. Some metal albums/gigs could have probably been slightly better with different bass player, but I've never heard an album that sucked because of bass player.

Not picking sides here, it is still possible to support Hal with his own projects. Keep calm and carry on.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 03:31:39 am by Shagr »
You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

Offline Blackest

• Victimized
  • Sleepless Nights
« Reply #67 on: July 24, 2014, 04:13:25 am »
With all due respect, there are plenty of great KD albums done without Hal. And as much I appreciate bass as a part of the band/music, it's still "just" bass. Some metal albums/gigs could have probably been slightly better with different bass player, but I've never heard an album that sucked because of bass player.

Not picking sides here, it is still possible to support Hal with his own projects. Keep calm and carry on.
Of course there are great albums without Hal! I didn't say that I like the albums with him better than the others! But first, to me Hal is the best bass player, and then I consider "King Diamond" as a band (my favorite one, on the top of my list), and I feel a sort of affection to every character of a band I like! Especially to those historical members who made the classic period!
Plus we can't deny the fact that Hal has class in his exibitions!
I know we can still support him with his other bands, but I want him with King Diamond!
Could be just a matter of feelings, but to me it's like something in my favourite band has gone!

Offline desecrator_of_soul

• Ammit, Eater of the Dead
  • Oh Satan, I beseech thee to have mercy on my soul!
« Reply #68 on: July 24, 2014, 08:28:21 am »

The reason being because bass is not usually something "heard" by most casual listeners, more so "felt." This is why I think a good bass player is so important, they add so much to the subconscious grip an album has on you. Its importance is seriously undermines often because a lot of people don't play music or have not recorded. People feel bass, hence all that shit music now days being all bass, no treble; a incessant barrage of rhythmic beats. People disregard everything cuz bass gets that feel good/moving aspect the masses enjoy.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 08:29:38 am by desecrator_of_soul »

Offline devilsavocado

• The Preacher
« Reply #69 on: July 24, 2014, 05:16:22 pm »
There's no such thing as "just bass playing"! It's an essential component in the sound of metal, and any type of rhythmic music. While drums and guitars draw more attention, the bass is just as important! (And this comes from a guitar player!!)
I've always thought of KD as a band with great, inventive bass playing, lots of great fills,  not just doubling the guitar.
Thus, ALL KD bass players have been really good ones, IMO!
I don't envy the new guy. He has some big shoes to fill!! Whatever people might think of Hal as a person, after the public debacle between him and King, it can't be denied that he's a HELL of a bass player!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 05:16:55 pm by devilsavocado »

Offline Chagosomar

• Angel Of Light
« Reply #70 on: July 24, 2014, 09:32:30 pm »
Kids in the hall bass player skit. Had to.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mwAYUUJ28UU

Offline Shagr

• Mandrake
  • Whoopy-fucking-doo.
    • Shagrmeister
« Reply #71 on: July 25, 2014, 01:39:52 am »
I never said bass is not important. Like without Hal there will be no bass on gigs/albums?  ::) I always put music in front of the musicians and therefore am not worried about KD's future bass- or otherwise.

Sometimes I wonder how great song "voices from the past" would have been if Andy had played guitars on it instead of King...
You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

Offline Blackest

• Victimized
  • Sleepless Nights
« Reply #72 on: July 25, 2014, 04:31:22 am »
I feel sympathy for the musicians in a band! If I have a favorite band they are a sort of idols to me, how could I don't care of who plays? Especially when I see them live! I don'like frequent line-up changes, especially when are involved historical members! Sometimes it could be like to see a cover band!

Offline SatanKing

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #73 on: July 25, 2014, 07:20:18 pm »
Andy could not play Voices from the Past which is why King had to do it.  At least that is what King said
"Satanism is about the Powers/Spirits of Darkness/Unknown" - King Diamond

Offline Tri Landau

• One Of "Them"
  • I think Melissa's still with us.
« Reply #74 on: July 25, 2014, 11:57:16 pm »
Andy could not play Voices from the Past which is why King had to do it.  At least that is what King said
Nope, it was Denner who couldn't. Andy didn't play any rythm guitars on FP.