Author Topic: Stand-In Bassist Pontus Egberg  (Read 13343 times)

Offline Livia Zita

• Band
    • Livia's Artsy Stuff
Stand-In Bassist Pontus Egberg
« on: July 21, 2014, 05:41:23 pm »
Overtime rehearsals with stand-in bass player Pontus Egberg from Sweden is paying off.

See you at Grona Lund - Stockholm, on the 25th!

Working in the backgrounds :)

Offline Chagosomar

• Angel Of Light
  • "Moonchild!!! Hear the mandrake scream!"
    • Deadly Fujow. A dark ambient project
Re: Stand-In Bassist Pontus Egberg
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 05:46:49 pm »
Cool , glad rehearsals are going good.

Offline SatanKing

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 06:00:56 pm »
Good news :)
"Satanism is about the Powers/Spirits of Darkness/Unknown" - King Diamond

Offline desecrator_of_soul

• Ammit, Eater of the Dead
  • Oh Satan, I beseech thee to have mercy on my soul!
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 06:31:43 pm »
Good to see someone was able to fill in so quickly!

Now you guys should make the permanent bass player

TIMI HANSEN!!!!

Best bassist that has every graced either band!

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
  • If thine eyes decieve thee, pluck them out!
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, 06:36:23 pm »
Good to see someone was able to fill in so quickly!

Now you guys should make the permanent bass player

TIMI HANSEN!!!!

Best bassist that has every graced either band!
This^^^

Offline Grace

• Lurker From The Dark
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2014, 08:05:43 pm »
I doubt Timi would be in shape to go on tour and play actively again. He was fantastic for King in the beginning, but decades have come and gone since then, without him even playing at all most of that time. Let it go, folks. It's different with somebody like Mikkey Dee, who has kept active all these years. But even he, as good of a drummer as he is, would still probably have to go back into hardcore training mode to nail the drums on "Them" again. It's hard work, sounding good live consistently, show after show.

I would rather have a strong solid bass player with tons of recent live experience filling in for now, and then let King find a REAL bass player musician to join the band as a replacement when it's time to record the new album, and then go on a "real" tour with new material. Somebody who can get creative with the bass lines and add another layer to the music, just like Timi did in the beginning, and like Hal did for the most part. I hope we don't get another mouse-quiet hired gun who just plays what is handed to him and shuts the hell up unless spoken to. Energy is MUCH needed at KD band camp.

Here's to new beginnings and good luck to all involved; new lineups and past members.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"If thine eyes deceive thee, pluck them out"

Offline Chagosomar

• Angel Of Light
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2014, 10:07:11 pm »
It's different with somebody like Mikkey Dee, who has kept active all these years. But even he, as good of a drummer as he is, would still probably have to go back into hardcore training mode to nail the drums on "Them" again.
Mickey Dee would destroy the setlist King has been playing. Plus he wrote all the killer fills and drum parts from "Them" anyway.

Offline Amidiatus

• Desecrator Of Souls
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2014, 10:51:49 pm »
Good choice! Sad things are happening these days in the world but I wish all the best for king diamond. Happy touring and tons of fans!

Offline Chagosomar

• Angel Of Light
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2014, 10:53:35 pm »
Good choice! Sad things are happening these days in the world but I wish all the best for king diamond. Happy touring and tons of fans!
THIS!
Good days ahead!

Offline johnnieczech

• Gypsy
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2014, 02:11:34 am »
I understand the sentiment "get Timi Hansen back" but the guy didn't touch his bass guitar for decades. Sure he was great back in the day, but it's silly to expect that he would be able to get back in full force. I mean, would anyone like to see Kim Ruzz playing drums for King Diamond?

Offline RipperBendix

• Global Moderator
    • Mah Band
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2014, 02:14:00 am »
I mean, would anyone like to see Kim Ruzz playing drums for King Diamond?

More people than you'd believe. Nostalgia (as cool as it might be sometimes) has strange effects sometimes - and I have seen that proposal a couple of times during my ten+ years of stinking up KD/MF messageboards...
-This space for rent-

Offline johnnieczech

• Gypsy
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2014, 02:17:21 am »
Yeah, you're most likely right.

BTW I checked out this guy's band The Poodles and I have to say he's pretty fucking good bass player. His lines actually reminds me of Timi Hansen back in the day. This might work very, very well.

Offline Maya Magdalena

• The mother of postwhores!
  • Vix
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2014, 05:02:50 am »
Yepp, it IS a solid line-up. Bunch of musicians with years of experience on stage. I can only speak in superlatives about every and each of them, including Pontus. When you go to KD show you get what you paid for. Mike is extremely happy with how rehearsals go. So :D
All your base are belong to us.

Offline ZachAttack

• Uninvited Guest
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2014, 06:36:39 am »
I was hoping he would get the air-guitar broom guy from the Eindhoven show in 1986

Offline Livia Zita

• Band
    • Livia's Artsy Stuff
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2014, 06:43:58 am »
Yepp, it IS a solid line-up. Bunch of musicians with years of experience on stage. I can only speak in superlatives about every and each of them, including Pontus. When you go to KD show you get what you paid for. Mike is extremely happy with how rehearsals go. So :D

So am I. :)

Everything is going awesomely, and Pontus is a great guy!
Working in the backgrounds :)

Offline bolivarmaxi

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2014, 08:00:42 am »
Great news, I hope your rehearsals was recorded in video
BAMT

Offline krisjay

• Holy Shrine
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2014, 08:44:57 am »
Have been checking this guys stuff out, he really has some chops. The Lion's Share stuff especially, I can hear him fitting in very well. I hear some tones and a way of playing that are very reminiscent of Abigail and Them era King Diamond. You never know, sometimes adding a new guy can bring out some freshness and a bit more hunger then was even present before. I have high hopes for this series of shows.

Offline RipperBendix

• Global Moderator
    • Mah Band
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2014, 08:58:07 am »
I was hoping he would get the air-guitar broom guy from the Eindhoven show in 1986

Now THAT is proper nostalgia!  :gah:
-This space for rent-

Offline ZachAttack

• Uninvited Guest
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2014, 11:21:39 am »
Now THAT is proper nostalgia!  :gah:

haha were you on "Diamond Bangers United" forum from a million years ago? I remember I found this bootleg and wrote a review about it on there many years ago, it was kind of like the first King Diamond internet meme

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2014, 01:24:39 pm »
I understand the sentiment "get Timi Hansen back" but the guy didn't touch his bass guitar for decades. Sure he was great back in the day, but it's silly to expect that he would be able to get back in full force. I mean, would anyone like to see Kim Ruzz playing drums for King Diamond?

I don't see why it's silly to think he could play again, If you remember he did just re-record those Mercyful Fate tracks a few years ago and he sounded great. Hell is a great example to refute this negative outlook, Kev Bower had not touched guitar in even longer a time than Timi has played bass, and that guy can not only play the fuck out of the guitar again, but also has two highly successful metal albums released in the past 4 years. As Kev told me, he just had to work out the rustiness, but for the most part it was still all there.
I'm just an avid Timi fan  :D  man if only he could at least WRITE for KD!!!

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2014, 01:51:14 pm »
haha were you on "Diamond Bangers United" forum from a million years ago? I remember I found this bootleg and wrote a review about it on there many years ago, it was kind of like the first King Diamond internet meme

He is a admin of Coven. Legend has it the admins at Coven murdered and ate everyone running Diamond Bangers.

But I believe i recall reading there was actual animosity between the two forums(?) Correct me if I'm wrong.

Offline Spectre

• Just A Shadow
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2014, 03:02:46 pm »
Diamond Bangers United was real. Very good forum.

Offline ZachAttack

• Uninvited Guest
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2014, 09:00:18 pm »
He is a admin of Coven. Legend has it the admins at Coven murdered and ate everyone running Diamond Bangers.

But I believe i recall reading there was actual animosity between the two forums(?) Correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't think so. I think it just merged into the "official" forum of "covenworldwide", then that turned into this forum/website. King and Livia and I think even Matt used to post on Diamond Bangers all the time too, it was the only forum for KD that I even remember being around back then. I can't even remember what my username was on there! oh well sorry to get off topic

Offline RipperBendix

• Global Moderator
    • Mah Band
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2014, 09:28:33 am »

Guilty as charged (save for the cannibalism, though)!

But enough derailing the thread now, I agree :)
-This space for rent-

Offline Shadowswhisper

• Victim Of The Coven
  • even a broken clock is right twice a day
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2014, 06:45:06 pm »
I am sure Pontus will do fine as a stand in bassist. have heard some material from The Poodles as well as Lion Share and think his particular style will mesh well with Kings music which is to say i am sure he is capable of playing well.    Do not know what his schedule looks like but would be interesting i think to hear him in the studio as well.

Stay heavy \m/
The road to hell is paved with good intentions...would explain why i am so nice !