Author Topic: Mercyful Fate shows possible...  (Read 11376 times)

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Superpostwhore
  • If thine eyes decieve thee, pluck them out!
Mercyful Fate shows possible...
« on: July 30, 2014, 11:15:12 am »
http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-news/mercyful-fate-shows-on-the-way

Drooling, and dreaming. Hope this happens, then I can die content.

Offline Douchebag St John

• Deadly Lullabye
  • Invoking the Master 2 procreate the Unholy Bastard
Re: Mercyful Fate shows possible...
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 11:16:46 am »
This is the best news I've read in a long long long time.  \m/
Ahh... I have longed to be at one with this
Yet, the waters call my name

Offline Invisible Boy

• Haunted
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 12:04:53 pm »
full interview here: 

http://podcastone.com/Eddie-Trunk-Podcast

starts at around the 20 minute mark. 
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 12:09:00 pm by Invisible Boy »

Offline Madhatter

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 12:25:26 pm »
Just saw this. Brian is the man!  \m/
And the blood shall flow free like words... And the bones will form stairs to the future...

Offline bolivarmaxi

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 01:08:19 pm »
it will be amazing,MF is my first band I heard specially time album , but againg we need some stuff in HD to be record
BAMT

Offline SatanKing

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2014, 06:08:41 pm »
So King is saying there is always a chance in the future again?  He has said this for many years that there is always a chance that one day there will be another MF show.

Brain lies a lot. he promised DVDs  that was a lie, he said King would have a new album in 2015 that is a lie and saying MF will have a new album is a lie
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 05:12:08 pm by SatanKing »
"Satanism is about the Powers/Spirits of Darkness/Unknown" - King Diamond

Offline SatanKing

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2014, 06:48:44 pm »
I didn't see anything on Kings facebook page either but I am listen to the Eddie Trunk podcast now.  Got a kick out him saying that he was brought up Roman catholic and so he stayed away from King's music  due to him being a Satanist lol

Offline SatanKing

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2014, 08:13:20 pm »
Cool podcast.  Cool to hear King clear up some things for the host about what Satanism is to him and LaVey and how he is a spiritual due to his spiritual experiences but how he is not at all religious.   Also never  heard him go so much into the bands he was into growing up and then about these new speakers he has

Offline MagnusRex

• Uninvited Guest
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2014, 08:42:49 pm »
Aren't they still under contract for one more album?

That would be cool. One last MF release in the 2000's to wrap up the legend.

Offline Spectre

• Just A Shadow
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2014, 12:40:23 pm »
it will be amazing,MF is my first band I heard specially time album , but againg we need some stuff in HD to be record

This. King said the same things here that he usually does. He's much more interested in the solo band, which is fine if that is what he wants to pursue. I don't really care what Metal Blade has to say about it; I'm very skeptical about MF doing anything again.

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Superpostwhore
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2014, 01:12:48 pm »
full interview here: 

http://podcastone.com/Eddie-Trunk-Podcast

starts at around the 20 minute mark.
Very cool, thanks for posting the link. I just got done listening to it, thought it was damned good. Sure hope we get a new MF album one day, and would love to have a chance to see them just once.

I have a feeling the new album is going to put to rest all doubters about weather or not King has gone soft over the years. I will put money on it that it will be one of the best he's done.

Offline SatanKing

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2014, 08:39:21 pm »
Spectre: Yeah I am skeptical about ever seeing MF again as well.  I mean King has said many times all of the things that would need to happen which is why it has been SO long already.  Plus he is not getting any younger.  First his back and then his heart and now I just read he had to cancel a show due to his throat. Time will tell I guess

Offline BellwitchMF

• Angel Of Light
  • R.I.P Mr Ronnie James Dio \m/ \m/
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2014, 03:11:08 pm »
finally!!!!! cant wait to see MF been a lifelong dreaM!!! :king:

Offline devilsavocado

• The Preacher
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2014, 05:07:08 pm »
Don't hold your breath...
There's nothing new in the first piece (didn't hear the podcast).
The KD quotes are in keeping with what KD has been saying for years.

King Diamond is his Job-job. Mercyful Fate will happen again if the circumstances are right. I'm sure we'll get one last "hurrah" at some point, but as far as i'm concerned, it might as well be 10 years from now.

King is about to tour North America for the first time in ages, and they're about to work on a new album.

I don't see MF rising from the ashes anytime soon, Brian Slagel being the boss or not...

• Deadly Lullabye
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2014, 05:32:55 pm »
Don't hold your breath...
There's nothing new in the first piece (didn't hear the podcast).
The KD quotes are in keeping with what KD has been saying for years.

King Diamond is his Job-job. Mercyful Fate will happen again if the circumstances are right. I'm sure we'll get one last "hurrah" at some point, but as far as i'm concerned, it might as well be 10 years from now.

King is about to tour North America for the first time in ages, and they're about to work on a new album.

I don't see MF rising from the ashes anytime soon, Brian Slagel being the boss or not...

One of things I have dead KD say over the years that I find believable but surprising is that , essentially MF doesn't/wouldn't make any money. I am not sure if thats because its more of a collaborative band or the logistics of getting everyone in the same place being a pain in the ass. The monetary side of the music biz can be down right bizarre sometimes.

Offline devilsavocado

• The Preacher
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2014, 06:11:21 pm »
I have read the same thing. And while i don't know the specifics of MF's deal, it makes perfect sense that King focuses on where the money is. Anyone with "Musician" as his/her job description has to do that.

The music "biz" is messed up beyond description, and is fueled by hot air and complete fiction. Artists don't make a 10th of what most people think they do.

Offline SatanKing

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2014, 06:15:42 pm »
Yeah if MF ever does anything again and that is a huge if.  I seriously doubt it will be anytime soon

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Superpostwhore
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2014, 06:48:23 pm »
Well time will tell, but Brian sounded pretty convincing over it, and I belive him. Doesn't mean we are getting new MF albums and world tours, that's not what he said. But I can see some festivals and a couple one offs in the future, maybe a live album or something.

Not anything to do with MF, but thought it was funny. Did anyone catch him talking about the guitarist for Porcupine tree? I was surprised he didn't really know of Steven Wilson much. Sounds like him and Steven have the same taste in music, he should check out his material and the stuff he has been re-mastering. Not that I want SW to start working with King, but I bet King would really like his work.

Offline bolivarmaxi

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2014, 07:37:26 am »
I think MF plays again. When king diamond make a DVD, so maybe we never see it
BAMT

• Deadly Lullabye
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2014, 07:08:00 pm »

Not anything to do with MF, but thought it was funny. Did anyone catch him talking about the guitarist for Porcupine tree? I was surprised he didn't really know of Steven Wilson much. Sounds like him and Steven have the same taste in music, he should check out his material and the stuff he has been re-mastering. Not that I want SW to start working with King, but I bet King would really like his work.

I LOVE Porcupine Tree. Also, the Storm Corrosion Album Wilson did with Mike from Opeth is also stellar. Glad to see Im not the only fan on this board.

Offline Invisible Boy

• Haunted
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2014, 09:56:01 pm »
I think Brian was saying that if King wants to do Mercyful Fate shows in the future, he will every thing he can to make sure the shows happen (i.e. financial backing).

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Superpostwhore
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2014, 01:26:45 am »
I think Brian was saying that if King wants to do Mercyful Fate shows in the future, he will every thing he can to make sure the shows happen (i.e. financial backing).
that's nit really how I heard it. Brian pretty much said "oh by the way MF shows will be coming " and it didn't really sound like it was up for debate.

Offline SatanKing

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2014, 03:39:36 am »
It is not up to Brian though so he should not have said that.  King has said many times over many years now what it would take for MF to play again and it still sounds like it may never happen.  At least not anytime soon if ever at all

Offline SatanKing

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2014, 04:53:18 am »
I also noticed King did not back up Brian after he made his comment which I found very interesting.  But even if he had I will believe it when I see it.  I still remember being told for months that they were working on releasing both KD and MF DVDs then all of a sudden we were told they changed their minds

Offline johnnieczech

• Gypsy
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2014, 09:53:05 am »
On a side note, Eddie Trunk's a moron who knows shit about music, much less metal music.

As far as MF goes, there is Brian Slagel's wishful thinking to fullfil the contract. And they are still under contract for one record, so I think it's likely to happen sometimes in the future.