Author Topic: 2014: A headlining tour but a shorter set? possible US winter SPOILERS?  (Read 3138 times)

Offline Beast_Regards

• Mad Arab
*SETLIST DISCUSSION SPOILERS*

Alright guys, just back from seeing KD at Berlin and it was fucking amazing.  Originally I had tickets for Wacken but then decided I'd rather take the opportunity to see a club show, King Diamond -- indoors and up close and personal and it was SUPERB.  Although a lot of the scale and impressiveness of the drapes and stage setup is lost a bit compared to those big festival stages it was really special to be up in amongst it! 

One thing that I was quite surprised about was that this time around the band's set definitely seems a lot shorter than the past few years.  While I LOVED the fact King added in some new songs and switched things around adding some new surprises and details in the show, I was quite letdown at the fact I wasn't completely exhausted after the show and could walk away with my voice almost nearly totally intact  :D I don't know if the changes were done to preserve the integrity of King's vocals throughout the entire run of shows or something but the band dropped a bunch some songs and edited down others...(cutting off the end section of The Candle and condensing Dreams into a small medley with a few pieces of other songs) and while I'm pleased the idea of the members solos have disappeared from the last tour it would have been cool to have them replaced by other songs.   I'm not really complaining as much as I am just observing, the set did have an average of 12/13 songs as opposed to the other festival shows in 2013/12 which was around 14/15. 

At first I was quite frustrated at the idea of a medley but I think the thing actually works really well as a piece together... even though not playing A Visit From The Dead in full is probably the biggest piece of self-inflicted heresy I've ever heard!  :D

What does everyone else think about the set and the changes?? 

HAIL!
 :king:
THIS PLACE IS TERRIBLE!

Offline Chagosomar

• Angel Of Light
  • "Moonchild!!! Hear the mandrake scream!"
    • Deadly Fujow. A dark ambient project
Re: 2014: A headlining tour but a shorter set? possible US winter SPOILERS?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 08:04:01 pm »
"A visit from the dead." Omg would die happy.
I don't know, there are a few signers out there on kings level, and they don't stunt their setlists for their voices, so maybe it was for other reasons.
Either way, remember a couple years ago when we were all dreaming a it King getting better enough to actually tour? : )

Offline bolivarmaxi

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 07:00:26 am »
I want to hear another songs like From the other side, loa house, storm, behind these walls,the trial, mirror mirorr, But again kings sounds much better than ever before, maybe in USA tour he changes his setlist to others songs
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 01:39:25 pm by bolivarmaxi »
BAMT

Offline krisjay

• Holy Shrine
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2014, 10:01:26 am »
Im hoping for a bit of a shake up for the US shows, I personally would rather see a couple more songs instead of a medley, I have never been a fan of medley's. I think it would be criminal not to add Give Me Your Soul to the setlist. Saying that, I'll love whatever the setlist ends up being, but dropping the medley for a couple more songs wouldn't hurt my feelings.

Offline MagnusRex

• Uninvited Guest
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 10:03:08 am »
I hope At The Graves stays on the setlist. That song is easily one of my favorites.

Kinda lame that he lip syncs the intro live though.

Offline KingOfTheRotten

• The King Of Diamonds
  • WHOA YAEE!!!
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2014, 12:59:46 pm »
They have said that the US tour will be the same as the one Europe is getting right now

Offline marblesmike

• Catacomb Crawler
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2014, 11:42:24 am »
No, they said it would be very similar to the Europe shows...which could be the same thing or maybe a couple changes.

Personally, I think they should do A Visit From The Dead as a whole.  Not sure I like the intro section as an intro to Evil, plus the whole song is THAT awesome!

Offline KingOfTheRotten

• The King Of Diamonds
  • WHOA YAEE!!!
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2014, 12:00:25 pm »
Every single show will have the entire and full festival stage set and setlist. :)
Wacken in Europe or Atlanta, GA., same show for all the fans :)

I rest my case :)

Offline Douchebag St John

• Deadly Lullabye
  • Invoking the Master 2 procreate the Unholy Bastard
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2014, 12:22:24 pm »
I rest my case :)

Yeah, there is no way they are going to rehearse two different set lists...and Hal bolting prob killed the idea , were it one. To ask a guy to get up to speed on different sets of songs would be WAAAAAYYY too much to ask.
Ahh... I have longed to be at one with this
Yet, the waters call my name

Offline MagnusRex

• Uninvited Guest
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2014, 05:17:19 pm »
Eh, if he was able to get the setlist down in the few days before the European tour, I don't think there'd be much of a problem learning a different one in the 2 months before the american tour.

That said, I agree. It's probably gonna be the same setlist.