Author Topic: Jess and the Ancient Ones  (Read 2492 times)

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
  • If thine eyes decieve thee, pluck them out!
Jess and the Ancient Ones
« on: September 09, 2014, 11:15:47 am »
Never heard of them myself, but they sound interesting. Will definitely have to check them out before next month and see what they will bring to the table.  \m/

http://www.kingdiamondcoven.com/site/featured/king-diamond-announces-opening-act-for-north-american-tour/

EDIT: Actually I have heard of them after checking out this song on youtube right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hgWxb1bXkE

I was thinking about picking some of their stuff up then spaced it. I like them, so guess it's time to buy some more music lol
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 08:20:15 pm by TwilightKing »

Offline TwilightKing

• Administrator
Re: King Diamond Announces Jess and the Ancient Ones as Support (Official)
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 11:19:37 am »
Interesting sound they have. Reminds me of 60s and 70s rock and punk, and a bit of progressive/psychedelic type stuff.

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 11:21:23 am »
Interesting sound they have. Reminds me of 60s and 70s rock and punk, and a bit of progressive/psychedelic type stuff.
Remind me a lot of Blood Ceremony, which I love, so good choice far as I'm concerned. Not that it matters once King comes out, I'll have forgotten all about the opening band lol

Offline Hammer

• Voodoo Priest
  • I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles - West Ham!!!
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 11:51:20 am »
Wow, an excellent choice from King!!! As a Finn I'm very happy for my fellow-countrymen. They do deserve this great opportunity.

Jess and the Ancient Ones is truly amazing live band. Their live sound is always very dynamic and heavy, and the vocalist lady is a great performer. I love their debut album. Sulfur Giants is by far my favorite song from that awesome album. It's a long epic song. It starts very slowly but turns out to be a one heavy melodic masterpiece.

Check this out, my American friends: Sulfur Giants.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 12:15:52 pm by Hammer »

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2014, 12:21:14 pm »
I plan on ordering their debut album next week wen I have more in the bank, and probably that 3 song ep. They sound pretty damn good, looking forward to seeing them live.

Offline krisjay

• Holy Shrine
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2014, 03:36:27 pm »
This is great news. Jess and The Ancient Ones are a very cool and very good  band, I didn't see this coming, but, I am pretty stoked, this was thinking outside the box, and the King Diamond camp hit a homerun with this pick. Now, can I see alot of meathead(sorry if your a meathead) fans booing them off the stage? Sadly, I can see that happening also. I hope I'm wrong as I think most King Diamond fans are free thinking, open minded., but we all know there are those few. I'm a big fan of Midday Veil, Jess and the Ancient Ones kind of have that same vibe, should be a great evening of music. Really cool choice for an opening band.

Offline Hammer

• Voodoo Priest
  • I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles - West Ham!!!
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2014, 04:00:47 pm »
I plan on ordering their debut album next week wen I have more in the bank, and probably that 3 song ep. They sound pretty damn good, looking forward to seeing them live.
Great! You won't be disappointed. The 3 song EP is also very good, almost 15 minutes long More than Living is phenomenal. :)

Offline Chagosomar

• Angel Of Light
  • "Moonchild!!! Hear the mandrake scream!"
    • Deadly Fujow. A dark ambient project
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2014, 04:03:14 pm »
I have never heard them. Looking forward to checking them out.
Hammer, where the hell you been mate?

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2014, 05:43:41 pm »
This is great news. Jess and The Ancient Ones are a very cool and very good  band, I didn't see this coming, but, I am pretty stoked, this was thinking outside the box, and the King Diamond camp hit a homerun with this pick. Now, can I see alot of meathead(sorry if your a meathead) fans booing them off the stage? Sadly, I can see that happening also. I hope I'm wrong as I think most King Diamond fans are free thinking, open minded., but we all know there are those few. I'm a big fan of Midday Veil, Jess and the Ancient Ones kind of have that same vibe, should be a great evening of music. Really cool choice for an opening band.
I doubt they will get booed off stage. The one and only time I saw King Diamond he had a band called pit-bull daycare, which is not even really a metal band, and everyone seemed okay with it. They were some industrial metal type music, didn't even have a drummer, just electronic effects, and they lasted the whole show. I am sure this band will be just fine opening for the KD band.

Offline TwilightKing

• Administrator
Re: King Diamond Announces Jess and the Ancient Ones as Support
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2014, 08:18:26 pm »
Going to lock this for a moment. Please continue discussion here:

http://www.kingdiamondcoven.com/CWWforum/index.php?topic=6890.0

(If I find a way to properly merge the posts, this will be done...currently running into a limitation of the board software. I apologize for any inconvenience/confusion.)

I also changed the topic name, so as not to confuse any further.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 08:21:09 pm by TwilightKing »