Author Topic: First King Diamond Show  (Read 3366 times)

Offline jwclubbie

• Unborn
First King Diamond Show
« on: October 10, 2014, 04:26:55 am »
Tomorrow night in Atlanta will be my first ever show. I honestly thought getting to see King and the whole crew would never happen. It is very refreshing to still have a band and someone like King who is fresh, original, and does not compromise to industry "standards". This is one show I will always remember.

I have seen almost all of my metal heroes, but finally the time to see King has arrived!

Offline stormycat

• Just A Shadow
Re: First King Diamond Show
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2014, 07:06:24 am »
Tomorrow night in Atlanta will be my first ever show. I honestly thought getting to see King and the whole crew would never happen. It is very refreshing to still have a band and someone like King who is fresh, original, and does not compromise to industry "standards". This is one show I will always remember.

I have seen almost all of my metal heroes, but finally the time to see King has arrived!

Enjoy! I know my first time was unforgettable. I was 13 and now I am 40 and it still feels like yesterday  :icon_biggrin:
"..how strange it is, in darkness blood is black not red"

Offline kingdiamondrules6284

• Mandrake
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2014, 01:15:13 pm »
Can't wait either man! It's gonna be amazing! My first time as well! :)

Offline 4StringsRcooler

• Up From The Grave
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 12:56:30 pm »
No reviews yet?

Offline Count Jonah

• Desecrator Of Souls
  • +++++
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2014, 02:56:54 am »
I hope you survived and had a good time.  \m/
KD/MF shows are enthralling and one-of-a-kind.
"And I'm just the devil with love to spare
Viva Las Vegas Viva Las Vegas" - The King

Offline cattledog

• Spirit
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 07:02:11 pm »
the Toronto show was great,  the only problem I have now is I cant listen to anything but king diamond I must have played  AT THE GRAVES    a 100 times in a row

Offline Count Jonah

• Desecrator Of Souls
  • +++++
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2014, 02:40:44 am »
Ah, then move on to Mercyful Fate.  :D:
"And I'm just the devil with love to spare
Viva Las Vegas Viva Las Vegas" - The King

Offline Brian

• You Are "9"
  • EVIL INCARNATE
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2014, 10:35:22 am »
First show was when King Diamond solo band was but a gleam in Kings minds eye . Mercyful fate in Santa Barbra California . If memory serves me than it was my freshman year in High School . Im 44 now so you can do the math . The opening band was Exciter with Mercy being the mid-liner opening for Motorhead . I was young and learned alot about stage rushes and how far you could get to the front of the stage by body language ( push and shove !)I am embarrassed to say i watch most of Exciters set from my seat at the theater but once Mercy came on the intensity in the room got heavy and being close to the front of the stage was paramount ! Mercyful Fates set was (or felt ) sped up a notch or 2 and King himself was a born front man with the pipes to let you know his presents and future with that voice !! I was literally dumbfounded and standing (fighting for floor placement ) by there set as the rest of the band seemed as a catalyst for what King's messages and harmonies were saying . Never had i ( I know i was young and Iron Maiden was still huge to me !  :D:) experienced such a perfect match of music and vocals in this way . long story short (not !) I was there to see Motorhead but left that show wanting to follow and listen to more Mercyful Fate ! ( and Exciter ! \m/ )   
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 10:36:06 am by Brian »
In Hell ....I will Kill you again !

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
  • If thine eyes decieve thee, pluck them out!
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2014, 11:59:05 am »
That's a great story Brian! Reminds me of when I wen to Dio the first time. I was a Dio fan, but he wasn't my real cup of tea back then, and was getting into the speed/thrash stuff. Megadeth was opening for him. I went for Megadeth, but by the end of the show, I forgot all about the drunken guitarist that couldn't stand up, and to this day that Dio show is in my top 5 all time. Couldn't tell you a thing about Megadeth that night, but I remember Dio blew them away.

Your'e so lucky to have seen Exciter and MF and Motorhead all in one night, that just isn't fair! I would kill to go back in time to see MF back then just once. Don't know why I missed so many shows growing up, I just never heard about them unless they were in the arenas and stuff for some reason.

Offline 4StringsRcooler

• Up From The Grave
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2014, 01:00:07 pm »
That's a great story Brian! Reminds me of when I wen to Dio the first time. I was a Dio fan, but he wasn't my real cup of tea back then, and was getting into the speed/thrash stuff. Megadeth was opening for him. I went for Megadeth, but by the end of the show, I forgot all about the drunken guitarist that couldn't stand up, and to this day that Dio show is in my top 5 all time. Couldn't tell you a thing about Megadeth that night, but I remember Dio blew them away.

Your'e so lucky to have seen Exciter and MF and Motorhead all in one night, that just isn't fair! I would kill to go back in time to see MF back then just once. Don't know why I missed so many shows growing up, I just never heard about them unless they were in the arenas and stuff for some reason.

I saw that Dio/Megadeath tour (in southern VA)  Was it just me or did Megadeath play all of their songs  too fast?

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
  • If thine eyes decieve thee, pluck them out!
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2014, 01:12:15 pm »
I saw that Dio/Megadeath tour (in southern VA)  Was it just me or did Megadeath play all of their songs  too fast?
No clue, Dave was so wasted when I saw them all he did was sit on a bar stool and try to keep up. We went to a meet and greet at a record store about 5 hours before the show started and he was so drunk then he couldn't even sign his name barely. They were terrible, and I never went to another Megadeth show again till I saw them open for Black Sabbath during the New Years Evil show in Phoenix back in 1999.

Offline undeadbob

• Salem
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2014, 08:47:56 pm »
Pittsburgh was my first. Driving almost 7 hours and being like a kid with the excitement. I know I was killing my poor girlfriend's nerves HAHAHA took me 31 years but dammit I HAVE SEEN THE KING!! Now for a Mercyful Fate show!!  \m/ :king: :) :fingers: :king:

Offline krisjay

• Holy Shrine
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2014, 01:36:34 pm »
The Palladium show was my first KD show. I really didn't think it could live up to what I had in my mind. It not only lived up to it, it crushed it. Truly a special experience. I started my concert going days when I was 11 and went to see Cheap Trick on The Dream Police tour, and went on to see hundreds and hundreds of shows. Judas Priest on the Screaming For Vengeance tour with Iron Maiden opening on the Number Of The Beast tour is a show I saw early on that still is a benchmark which I hold up as an example of a magic night. This King Diamond show was even better then that night. King literally blew my expectations out of the water. I will never miss another King Diamond tour, if there are US shows, I will be at the least, one of the shows. It was truly magic.