Author Topic: My review of the Atlanta show  (Read 2703 times)

Offline Spiderlady

• You Are "9"
My review of the Atlanta show
« on: October 14, 2014, 10:05:57 am »
Keep in mind I'm not a writer at all but here's my review of the show at Center Stage in Atlanta  :D

This was my most anticipated event of the year. I've been a HUGE King Diamond fan for years. Being present for his first US show was majorly important for me and he did not disappoint! The mood was set by the opening band Jess and the Ancient Ones. The atmosphere they created was a perfect starter for what was coming next.

After a quick finish on the stage set up the house lights began to dim and the roar of the crowd was almost deafening. I completely lost my mind when I heard The Candle begin to play!! The intro finished and the band hit the stage with full force!! Andy LaRocque and Mike Wead had guitars blazing, Matt Thompson is a master of his craft on drums and new bass player Pontus Egberg fits in perfectly!! Kings voice is, IMO, stronger and better than ever before and let's not forget the beautiful Livia Zita adding backing vocals for a perfectly balanced sound.

The stage itself is an amazing sight to see, Columns topped by demon heads sit at the bottom of stairs leading up to huge glowing inverted crosses and in the center the pentagram burns red like fire! This temple-like setting made the perfect place for King to weave his amazing tales of horror and magic. He gave a STELLAR performance and he sounded better, again IMO, than he did as a younger man. I've been fortunate enough to see him 3 times now over the years. Every song, every note, every bit of the performance left me wanting more! The band, the stage performers, the audience all became one that night. I was so impressed that I've purchased a ticket for a show that's 6 hours away. It will be worth every minute and mile!! LONG LIVE KING DIAMOND!!!

Offline 4StringsRcooler

• Up From The Grave
Re: My review of the Atlanta show
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 10:48:14 am »
I was going to say the same thing but about the MD show.

Offline Douchebag St John

• Deadly Lullabye
  • Invoking the Master 2 procreate the Unholy Bastard
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2014, 01:57:56 pm »
I was so happy to finally get to see King Diamond, on opening night of the tour no less. I actually enjoyed Jess and the Ancient Ones as well, however I am not 100% they " fit " for the music that was to come, but they were still quite good.

Is it just me or does Pontus look like a young Cronos?
Ahh... I have longed to be at one with this
Yet, the waters call my name

Offline BellwitchMF

• Angel Of Light
  • R.I.P Mr Ronnie James Dio \m/ \m/
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 04:14:02 pm »
Keep in mind I'm not a writer at all but here's my review of the show at Center Stage in Atlanta  :D

This was my most anticipated event of the year. I've been a HUGE King Diamond fan for years. Being present for his first US show was majorly important for me and he did not disappoint! The mood was set by the opening band Jess and the Ancient Ones. The atmosphere they created was a perfect starter for what was coming next.

After a quick finish on the stage set up the house lights began to dim and the roar of the crowd was almost deafening. I completely lost my mind when I heard The Candle begin to play!! The intro finished and the band hit the stage with full force!! Andy LaRocque and Mike Wead had guitars blazing, Matt Thompson is a master of his craft on drums and new bass player Pontus Egberg fits in perfectly!! Kings voice is, IMO, stronger and better than ever before and let's not forget the beautiful Livia Zita adding backing vocals for a perfectly balanced sound.

The stage itself is an amazing sight to see, Columns topped by demon heads sit at the bottom of stairs leading up to huge glowing inverted crosses and in the center the pentagram burns red like fire! This temple-like setting made the perfect place for King to weave his amazing tales of horror and magic. He gave a STELLAR performance and he sounded better, again IMO, than he did as a younger man. I've been fortunate enough to see him 3 times now over the years. Every song, every note, every bit of the performance left me wanting more! The band, the stage performers, the audience all became one that night. I was so impressed that I've purchased a ticket for a show that's 6 hours away. It will be worth every minute and mile!! LONG LIVE KING DIAMOND!!!

awesome review!! and im happy to see your still around the coven old friend!! im so looking forward to seeing KING DIAMOND for first time ever this Halloween and ive been huge fan for many years! will honestly be one of the best nights of my life! and seeing this with my best friend Paul ever AKA Desc of Soul from here!! :cool:

Offline Davidk

• Mandrake
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2014, 11:48:54 pm »
 Thanks for the review  \m/

Offline UnholyTriumphant

• Lady In Black
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2014, 04:56:04 pm »
I waited so long for this and I wasn't disappointed at all. I made sure I was close to the front and it was the best show I ever saw in my life.  I hope it won't be long until next time! :king:

Offline nat120

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2014, 07:55:22 pm »
Can anyone comment on the merch?  Was there any vinyl available or cd' s

Offline Count Jonah

• Desecrator Of Souls
  • +++++
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2014, 02:29:24 am »
Excellent review! Can someone post the setlist and has there been any other opening bands aside from Jess And The Ancient Ones. I'm not too familiar with the south east Metal scene, but I would imagine that at least one local band would want to sign on.  \m/
"And I'm just the devil with love to spare
Viva Las Vegas Viva Las Vegas" - The King

Offline Davidk

• Mandrake
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2014, 06:16:20 pm »
 No opening bands at the worcester show other than Jess .......... iwould guess it may Vary at other venues ?

and no cd's or Vinyl at the merch booth at my show .

Offline Livia Zita

• Band
    • Livia's Artsy Stuff
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2014, 10:33:30 pm »
The only other opening band will be Visigoth (exclusively in Salt Lake City).
Working in the backgrounds :)