Author Topic: just thinking...  (Read 4362 times)

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Superpostwhore
  • If thine eyes decieve thee, pluck them out!
just thinking...
« on: October 15, 2014, 12:09:47 am »
Don't you think its great that the touring seems to be going  really really well? I mean think about it; lots of sellout crowds or near sellouts, and the band hasn't even put out a new album in years. I remember back when they were about to tour for the last album and the hype and excitement was nowhere near as high as it has been this time around. Any ideas why, or am I just talking out my ass? IDK it just feels like King and company might finally get the respect they are due. Not that I feel they are disrespected, just that they should be a bigger more talked about band than they are.

Anyway, I was just thinking how great it is that this US tour and the past European tour seemed to be such a great success for the band. I figured the European leg would be, but didn't really think the US had it in them. Hope this tour is just the start of something bigger and better to come for all involved with the KD camp and their fans!  :king:

Offline 4StringsRcooler

• Up From The Grave
Re: just thinking...
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 12:22:57 am »
I was thinking it would be great if King just did an annual tour with the same show.  I would try to see at least two shows per year.  They sounded so great I still can't get over it.  There were also many more younger people there than I expected. 

Offline Invisible Boy

• Haunted
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 01:13:13 am »
I was thinking it would be great if King just did an annual tour with the same show.  I would try to see at least two shows per year.  They sounded so great I still can't get over it.  There were also many more younger people there than I expected.

They need to change the show, or attendance would drop a LOT after a year or two.  Personally, I would LOVE to see a Mercyful Fate tour next year, it has been way too long!!

Offline BellwitchMF

• Angel Of Light
  • R.I.P Mr Ronnie James Dio \m/ \m/
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 03:22:46 am »
i think KING is finally getting the shit he has been due for awhile! also all we diehard KING AND MERCY FANS are just so excited that he survived all his health issues,how he sounds better than ever and im so damn excited to see KING for first time ever been a fan for years a die fuckin hard fan,MERCY AND KING are my fav bands of all time!!!! even have whole tattoo sleeve dedicated to them,i get to see KING on halloween this year as well so im highly excited!!! and A NEAR MERCY TOUR WOULD MAKE ME DIE A HAPPY MAN!!!!!!!!!  \m/ \m/ :cool: :king:

Offline 4StringsRcooler

• Up From The Grave
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2014, 06:27:58 am »
They need to change the show, or attendance would drop a LOT after a year or two.  Personally, I would LOVE to see a Mercyful Fate tour next year, it has been way too long!!
I don't know about that.  People dont complain that Paul McCartney or the Rolling Stones play too many of their old songs.  There were lots of young people at the KD show I just saw and as long as he sounds as good as he did, I think attendance will only grow.  I'm sure they'd mix up the shows some though if only for themselves. 

Offline Invisible Boy

• Haunted
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2014, 10:17:03 am »
I don't know about that.  People dont complain that Paul McCartney or the Rolling Stones play too many of their old songs.  There were lots of young people at the KD show I just saw and as long as he sounds as good as he did, I think attendance will only grow.  I'm sure they'd mix up the shows some though if only for themselves.

They cannot play the same songs over and over again, though.  I have seen Paul McCartney and the Stones about half a dozen times, and the shows are great, partly because I have never seen them play the same show twice. 

Offline devilsavocado

• The Preacher
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2014, 02:42:34 pm »
I am certainly happy to see things are going well, but i think it's synergy, really. They haven't toured for the longest time, except for the summer European stints, and in the meantime a lot of new fans have found out about King and the band. New bands come out and cite KD and/or MF as influences. And most importantly, King himself seems re-vitalised. We all know about the heart surgery, etc, and it seems that a healther lifestyle has done him a world of good.

I think it's a combination of a lot of factors, but i'm certainly glad to see what's going on! I have to catch them live, next time they swing by Denmark.

BUT i also think that a lot depends on the next album. I'll bet the King & Co. are feeling a bit of pressure too. They have to deliver the goods, and i don't see why they shouldn't. The band sounds ridiculously strong.

Offline Davidk

• Mandrake
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2014, 10:10:33 pm »
 I think it's amazing how well things are going , it's being done right with the Full show , Tix that are not super Expensive  , reasonable merch etc.   
   Hoping this opens a lot more up for full on touring here in the states ............ I could not be happier to see shows selling out  & people out enjoying the shows .

Offline ZachAttack

• Uninvited Guest
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2014, 09:35:11 am »
I think one major reason why he is getting so popular now is because I don't think youtube even existed back when he did his last US tour...I don't think Facebook was even that big yet. Social media was almost non-existent. Back then the only way you could see any of his live stuff was to get lucky and find a bootleg VHS tape on ebay. Now a lot more people know who he is but they haven't been able to see him live. I remember back in the day, you would get made fun of for listening to him or saying you liked him (kinda like how people do with Ghost today). Now he is like one of the only people universally praised and hardly anyone has a bad thing to say about him. I think its awesome that he has tons of merch and is touring bigger venues with a full stage setup! I remember the first time I saw him it was in a tiny club with like 200 people there and the stage was so small the band couldn't even walk around. Its gonna be so cool to see him play a bigger place finally

Offline yamzx1

• Unclean Spirit
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2014, 10:18:21 am »
Plus, I like to think that Clerks II and Metallica Rock Band had to definitely gain him some new exposure. I can't think of another way King would have realistically reached those markets in the 2000's without having to actively seek him out or accidentally coming across him.

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Superpostwhore
  • If thine eyes decieve thee, pluck them out!
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2014, 12:46:14 pm »
I think one major reason why he is getting so popular now is because I don't think youtube even existed back when he did his last US tour...I don't think Facebook was even that big yet. Social media was almost non-existent. Back then the only way you could see any of his live stuff was to get lucky and find a bootleg VHS tape on ebay. Now a lot more people know who he is but they haven't been able to see him live. I remember back in the day, you would get made fun of for listening to him or saying you liked him (kinda like how people do with Ghost today). Now he is like one of the only people universally praised and hardly anyone has a bad thing to say about him. I think its awesome that he has tons of merch and is touring bigger venues with a full stage setup! I remember the first time I saw him it was in a tiny club with like 200 people there and the stage was so small the band couldn't even walk around. Its gonna be so cool to see him play a bigger place finally
yeah same here, I saw him on the voodoo tour in this little place where they couldn't move and it wasn't the full stage production. Ive never seen his whole production before and can hardly wait to experience it in full. 

Offline Davidk

• Mandrake
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2014, 01:25:55 pm »

Yeh , last time i saw King live was the House of God tour & same thing  , stage was way too small in a small club ....place held about 300 people guessing there was 150 at the show ?
   Weird thing is it was at the station club in RI. where they had that tragic fire ...........
  Still a very cool show Glen drover was on guitar for that tour along with Andy & they were trying to get Grandma across the stage & there was no room at all ......... they still played & sounded amazing & i was just glad to be there ............ tonight i see the full show  \m/

Offline Douchebag St John

• Deadly Lullabye
  • Invoking the Master 2 procreate the Unholy Bastard
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2014, 02:14:55 pm »
Hope this tour is just the start of something bigger and better to come for all involved with the KD camp and their fans!  :king:

Seconded. After all the crap with the heart and the blown out disc, I am glad he and the band are getting to tour the states and get the adulation that they deserve. I can't wait to see what the future holds!  :king:
Ahh... I have longed to be at one with this
Yet, the waters call my name

Offline Count Jonah

• Desecrator Of Souls
  • +++++
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2014, 01:15:59 am »
King has gotten a lot of high profile visibility these past few years, despite even the health demons he had to slay. I don't know about the other shows but there was a lot of young fans at the Las Vegas show; so if youtube and Metallica played a part in that, it would make perfect sense. I remember reading about how successful the legendary first Mercyful Fate USA tour was and this feels like that. Bigger crowds, bigger venues and a massive, killer performance by every band member. There is a lot of potential here.

Yet, were the hell are all the posters? I keep seeing at the bottom of this board the most people online was about 3 years ago. I remember when Abigail 2/Puppetmaster came out the forums were PACKED! Packed like a theater from this recent tour. And Abigail 2 didn't even get a tour. Perhaps Facebook and Twitter are stealing some of that thunder, but I really think the release of live or unreleased material like a DVD, rehearsal tape or demos could have help generated a bigger buzz about the band and the tour. At any rate, I hope this tour's success will mean that another will be soon to follow with new/live matrial accompanying it.  \m/
"And I'm just the devil with love to spare
Viva Las Vegas Viva Las Vegas" - The King

Offline bolivarmaxi

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2014, 08:00:58 am »
King Diamond is more popular than before, and he fucking deserve it, he made the best metal bands in this world MF and KD
BAMT

Offline Count Jonah

• Desecrator Of Souls
  • +++++
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2014, 10:25:52 pm »
Long over due! And thank the dark gods that King has never felt the need to do a rap album or bluesy grunge album.  :king:
"And I'm just the devil with love to spare
Viva Las Vegas Viva Las Vegas" - The King