Author Topic: Excellent show last night in Silver Springs, MD  (Read 3241 times)

Offline delucajohn2000

• Spirit
Excellent show last night in Silver Springs, MD
« on: October 14, 2014, 09:47:01 am »
I have to say, I was just floored by the show last night in Silver Springs, MD.  It was my first time seeing them since the "Them" tour back in 1988 at L'Amour in Brooklyn, NY and everything about the show was just amazing!  King sounded great, the band was super tight, and the stage show just left me speechless at points of the show with what was going on.  I drove 3 hours each way to see that show and it was totally worth it!

Also, Pontus is a great addition to the band I have to say.  For being new to the band, he nailed the bass parts of every song (using his fingers I might add) and totally looked like he belonged there so he really is a great fit to the band. 

Offline marblesmike

• Catacomb Crawler
Re: Excellent show last night in Silver Springs, MD
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 10:14:50 am »
Yes, great show!  I drove about 2.5 hours each way for the show.  King sounded great and the band was also good.  I've never seen such great stage design in a venue like that!

My only complaint is about the crowd.  While certainly an enthusiastic crowd, there were too many who came into the show overly intoxicated, falling all over people.  And then there was the mosh pit...those who wanted to mosh had no regard for those of us who wanted to watch and enjoy the show.  A guy behind me came to the show with his 4 kids and a bunch of drunk assholes kept ramming into them.  It's like, dude, grow up.  What are we, 14 years old again?

I've never understood the whole moshing thing, but I never have a problem with it unless they start trying to mess with people who are clearly not interested in participating.

Anyways, I loved the show, as it definitely lived up to my expectation, and can't wait to see King again!

The merch was rather reasonble too.  I got the long sleeve tour shirt (badass with the King Diamond logo in orange!) for $35 and the zippered hoodie for $45.

Offline 4StringsRcooler

• Up From The Grave
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2014, 10:31:54 am »
I agree about the mosh pit, especially  because of the 6'8" 280lb biker, but the show was amazing.  They could have easily recorded that show for a live CD.  It was perfect.   

Offline delucajohn2000

• Spirit
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 10:50:50 am »
Yes, great show!  I drove about 2.5 hours each way for the show.  King sounded great and the band was also good.  I've never seen such great stage design in a venue like that!

My only complaint is about the crowd.  While certainly an enthusiastic crowd, there were too many who came into the show overly intoxicated, falling all over people.  And then there was the mosh pit...those who wanted to mosh had no regard for those of us who wanted to watch and enjoy the show.  A guy behind me came to the show with his 4 kids and a bunch of drunk assholes kept ramming into them.  It's like, dude, grow up.  What are we, 14 years old again?

I've never understood the whole moshing thing, but I never have a problem with it unless they start trying to mess with people who are clearly not interested in participating.

Anyways, I loved the show, as it definitely lived up to my expectation, and can't wait to see King again!

The merch was rather reasonble too.  I got the long sleeve tour shirt (badass with the King Diamond logo in orange!) for $35 and the zippered hoodie for $45.

I totally agree with you about the crowd.  Everyone would be standing there enjoying the show and there had to be someone who then had to push their way through to the crowd to try and get 5 feet closer to the stage.  One guy spilled beer on my new King shirt which totally pissed me off but I was there to enjoy the show so I wasn't going to be like these guys so i just shook my head and watched the show. 

If they accepted credit card at the merch station, I would left with much more, lol.  I hope they sell all that stuff online at some point since they had a ton of great things but I only had a limited amount of cash on me.

Offline Davidk

• Mandrake
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2014, 11:52:20 pm »
there were too many who came into the show overly intoxicated, falling all over people.  And then there was the mosh pit...those who wanted to mosh had no regard for those of us who wanted to watch and enjoy the show.  A guy behind me came to the show with his 4 kids and a bunch of drunk assholes kept ramming into them.  It's like, dude, grow up.  What are we, 14 years old again?

Ughhhh i hate hearing that ...............just sucks when that shit goes down  , i'm also one who never got the "Mosh pit" thing ...cool go to the back of the venue & do that your not watching the show anyways  , it's a drag when you have to pay attention as to not get hurt by idiots while a show is going on ...

Offline 4StringsRcooler

• Up From The Grave
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2014, 12:15:23 am »
It wasn't too bad just annoying.  I got shoved pretty hard and my instinct was to punch who ever it was.  Good thing my brain took over when I realized they would have kicked my ass.  It was still my favorite show I've ever seen.  \m/

Offline BellwitchMF

• Angel Of Light
  • R.I.P Mr Ronnie James Dio \m/ \m/
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2014, 04:45:42 am »
im 25 and heavy metal music from the 80s hard rock from 70s is my biggest passion ever but even i fuckin hate moshing and cant understand it at all! i love to drink big time but when i go to see my favorite bands ill be pretty sober to take it all in! a few drinks at maximum!!!   \m/ :cool:

Offline lauries444

• Unborn
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2014, 06:49:16 pm »
OMG - beyond awesome show!  haven't seen KD/MF since back in the 90s, and drove down to this show from NJ b/c nyc sold out way too fast.   i was so afraid that after all his health issues, etc, seeing him now would totally spoil the memory for me, as it wouldn't live up to the old performances, but if anything, it was way more!   honestly couldn't believe how phenomenal this was!   but of course there's a downside - figured it would be an older crowd, so was wearing my usually skull cowboy boots standing on an incredibly slippery wet metal barrier thing in front with all the damn pushing!  really, like none of us are 18 years old, i was totally taken by surprise by this crap, where if i was expecting it, would've worn shoes with way more traction!    btw - traction or not, NOBODY was getting in front of me for this show - and ms 8-years-of-roller-derby if you're on this board, totally FU!  (from 47-yo-female who stayed the course - not like anyone in front of me was letting you in either)

Offline nat120

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2014, 07:56:24 pm »
Can anyone comment on if any vinyl was available or cd' s

Offline Davidk

• Mandrake
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2014, 09:58:22 pm »
It wasn't too bad just annoying.  I got shoved pretty hard and my instinct was to punch who ever it was.  Good thing my brain took over when I realized they would have kicked my ass.  It was still my favorite show I've ever seen.  \m/

Yeh i hear ya , you try & avoid it & not let it ruin the show , my Back is not the best so i don't need a good hit from behind ...... I so can't wait to see the Band  :smileok:

Offline delucajohn2000

• Spirit
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2014, 07:04:08 am »
OMG - beyond awesome show!  haven't seen KD/MF since back in the 90s, and drove down to this show from NJ b/c nyc sold out way too fast.   i was so afraid that after all his health issues, etc, seeing him now would totally spoil the memory for me, as it wouldn't live up to the old performances, but if anything, it was way more!   honestly couldn't believe how phenomenal this was!   but of course there's a downside - figured it would be an older crowd, so was wearing my usually skull cowboy boots standing on an incredibly slippery wet metal barrier thing in front with all the damn pushing!  really, like none of us are 18 years old, i was totally taken by surprise by this crap, where if i was expecting it, would've worn shoes with way more traction!    btw - traction or not, NOBODY was getting in front of me for this show - and ms 8-years-of-roller-derby if you're on this board, totally FU!  (from 47-yo-female who stayed the course - not like anyone in front of me was letting you in either)

That's funny since I drove from NJ to see this show too.  I'm not a big fan on seeing shows in NYC to be honest and I had been to The Fillmore a few months ago to see Meshuggah and really liked the place and how it is laid out. 

Can anyone comment on if any vinyl was available or cd' s

I didn't notice any but to be honest, the line was so long, it was tough to see.  I got my shirt before the show since I knew it would be a madhouse after it was over to try and get things but remember it is cash only.  I really hope they sell some of this on King's merch site since they had so many great shirts there.  If they accepted credit card, I would have easily bought 4 shirts and the hoodie they were selling, lol.