Author Topic: SHOWstubs.com  (Read 6360 times)

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
  • If thine eyes decieve thee, pluck them out!
SHOWstubs.com
« on: October 21, 2014, 05:05:20 pm »
I'm sorry to keep bringing this up, but I just have to say how really pissed off I am about this whole experience. The show in Seattle has been sold out for a week or more. I purchased my tickets through showstubs about 3 hours before they were even officially on sale according to the times from this website. It took me several emails and phone calls to get a response to my inquiries as to where my seats are located, only to get a really lame response back with zero information. The best I received was, you'll get an email with your seat assignments one week prior to the event. To me that's bullshit, but nothing I can do but wait.

So here it is one week prior, and still no email.

I've called several times again today, only to get a voice mail. I have emailed them again, only to get ignored. Why is it that it seems I am the only one that is pissed off about this? Nobody from Seattle has had any problems with just handing out $200.00 dollars and not knowing where you'll be sitting? Not one other person cares if they are 5 rows from the stage or stuck in the balcony in GA seating? I guess I am just too picky for my own good!

I'm not sure what I will do if I miss this show, or am forced to pay some ridiculous price on stubhub to go to this. I can say this; the King Diamond camp needs to be a little more careful allowing this sort of company to sell their tickets for them. They might be a second party to this or whatever, I don't know all the ins and outs, but what I do know is they were allowed to represent King Diamond, and they have done a piss pour job of it.  I don't know who allowed them to sell tickets and "VIP" packages on Kings Diamonds behalf, but it was a very bad decision far as I'm concerned.

Not blaming the band, but the management or metal Blade has some explaining to do. I know this showstubs place was advertised by metal blade, and the band didn't have much info about it, but something has to be said about how fucked up this so called VIP thing really is.

Offline Painkiller

• Up From The Grave
  • Rocking the Night Away
    • Forces of Steel
Re: SHOWstubs.com
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 10:28:04 pm »
That's a terrible experience for you. I hope you'll be able to make it to the show. We should definitely hang out for a bit.

Offline Count Jonah

• Desecrator Of Souls
  • +++++
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 05:54:34 am »
Ouch! Sorry you are having such a bad time. Perhaps the venue itself had some hand in this?  >:D
"And I'm just the devil with love to spare
Viva Las Vegas Viva Las Vegas" - The King

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 10:29:33 am »
Ouch! Sorry you are having such a bad time. Perhaps the venue itself had some hand in this?  >:D
No, this showstub place is considered a third party, and they are not responsible for anything from them. I did finally get a hold of a guy at the venue yesterday and he says it "should" be within the first 5 rows, but he won't know till the day of the show. He said if I bought them through the bands fan club then it would be within the first 5 rows. I then explained it was called the a VIP fan club seat but that the band itself doesn't have an official "fan cub" to buy tickets from. He didn't really have much to say after that, so who knows.

EDIT: And now I get this just now from the showstubs place.

"we plan to have all seat assignments emailed to buyers by this Friday."

WTF?!?!? Tempted to just bite the bullet and buy some I saw online. If I had the money like I did a few years back, it would be a done deal.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 10:35:37 am by Satans KINGdom »

Offline Maiden Jersey

• The mother of postwhores!
  • Become Earth
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 10:48:21 am »
You know I have never been to a MF or KD that had assigned seating...strange. I always go the GA route unless its a package deal directly from the band. I am pretty sure the band or Ole have nothing to due with this but I hope you get it sorted before the show !  :king:

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 10:55:10 am »
You know I have never been to a MF or KD that had assigned seating...strange. I always go the GA route unless its a package deal directly from the band. I am pretty sure the band or Ole have nothing to due with this but I hope you get it sorted before the show !  :king:
I'm fine with a GA show if that's what it was, but this venue is not a GA seated show, so it's very strange to me to have to wait till 3 days before the show to know where I am sitting. If it were GA, I wouldn't give a shit. The only GA seating in this show is up in the balcony sections, and that's not what I paid over $200.00 for.

The band pr management has to take some responsibility however, they are the ones that had to give approval for these people to sell tickets for them are they not? It was on their news article when they announced the NA tour. Do I blame King or Andy or Livia? No, but somewhere along the line someone said yes to using these retards, and all I am saying is next time they should think twice before doing so.

Still blows me away that I seem to be the only one upset about this uncertainty. Not like King Diamond comes around once a year like clockwork like some bands do. Again, if that were the case, I probably wouldn't be this anxious about my seats.

Offline Douchebag St John

• Deadly Lullabye
  • Invoking the Master 2 procreate the Unholy Bastard
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 02:36:01 pm »
I'm fine with a GA show if that's what it was, but this venue is not a GA seated show, so it's very strange to me to have to wait till 3 days before the show to know where I am sitting. If it were GA, I wouldn't give a shit. The only GA seating in this show is up in the balcony sections, and that's not what I paid over $200.00 for.

The band pr management has to take some responsibility however, they are the ones that had to give approval for these people to sell tickets for them are they not? It was on their news article when they announced the NA tour. Do I blame King or Andy or Livia? No, but somewhere along the line someone said yes to using these retards, and all I am saying is next time they should think twice before doing so.

Still blows me away that I seem to be the only one upset about this uncertainty. Not like King Diamond comes around once a year like clockwork like some bands do. Again, if that were the case, I probably wouldn't be this anxious about my seats.

I don't know if this will make you feel any better, but I was able to pick up my ticket without a hitch at the Atlanta venue. Granted, this was a GA show all they way around, but they seemed to be on the level when I dealt with the, and I too had strong apprehensions.
Ahh... I have longed to be at one with this
Yet, the waters call my name

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2014, 03:15:31 pm »
I don't know if this will make you feel any better, but I was able to pick up my ticket without a hitch at the Atlanta venue. Granted, this was a GA show all they way around, but they seemed to be on the level when I dealt with the, and I too had strong apprehensions.
yeah like I said a. GA show I wouldn't care or be much worried, but this isn't the same thing where I will end up stuck in some shitty seat or in the balcony somewhere possibly. 

Offline Davidk

• Mandrake
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2014, 08:59:09 pm »
 Well if i remember correct when we all ordered from the pre-sale/VIP thing it said seat locatiosn would not be revealed until 3-5 days prior to the show ? or something like that ?
   They may indeed just not know until they figure out the configuration ?   I will say i alos got my ticket at the Box office no problem at all , but my show was also GA .

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2014, 03:18:09 pm »
Well if i remember correct when we all ordered from the pre-sale/VIP thing it said seat locatiosn would not be revealed until 3-5 days prior to the show ? or something like that ?
   They may indeed just not know until they figure out the configuration ?   I will say i alos got my ticket at the Box office no problem at all , but my show was also GA

They told me that in an email, but I never saw that. It said GA at the time I bought it, and I thought it was strange because the place they are playing here is a pretty nice venue and I couldn't see how it would be a GA show with the setup they have.

The panic set in when I found out it was reserved seating, and I'm like WTF, then where are my seats? Then really started when I saw that there was GA seating up in the balcony, and then the blood pressure went up a few notches.

Finally got my seats today at least. Not the best, and I will never again buy seats like this from these people, but at least they are half assed decent. Row L center stage, so 12 rows back I guess. Not counting the special orchestra seating area, which is what I was really hoping for.

I would not have had a problem with this ticket "service if they would just take the time to provide a little more information. Someone somewhere from them could have gave a little more info, and everything would have been fine. I don't like their tactics of keeping things quiet giving little to no info just to boost their sales. That's chickenshit salesmanship and I don't care for it. If they would have just given me answers the first time I emailed them, would have been cool, but they gave me the run around with vague answers or no answers. So fuck them, they got the last dime they will ever get from me. I hope whoever gave the okay for them to sell tickets for King Diamond doesn't allow them to represent the band again, because they are armature and have terrible customer service.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 03:19:14 pm by Satans KINGdom »

Offline Count Jonah

• Desecrator Of Souls
  • +++++
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2014, 02:48:45 am »
Amen (or Amon) to that!
"And I'm just the devil with love to spare
Viva Las Vegas Viva Las Vegas" - The King

Offline Stubs

• Unclean Spirit
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2014, 03:34:38 pm »
I think the real problem with the company is that they were allowed to advertise their package as "VIP" when there isn't anything particularly VIP about the package other than that the jacket says "VIP" on it. I'll be honest and admit I just wanted the jacket and was willing to pay the extra sixty bucks. It is just as well that I did-- like most of the other posters in this thread, my ticket ended up being general admission. I might add that the squeaky wheel gets the grease and it may be due to your many communications to them that you got such good seats. I agree it sounds like this company has some customer service issues to address-- I drove five hours through three states to the St Louis show and wasn't 100% certain that my ticket would actually be there when I got to the box office. Luckily for SHOWStubs, it was. 

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2014, 03:43:43 pm »
I think the real problem with the company is that they were allowed to advertise their package as "VIP" when there isn't anything particularly VIP about the package other than that the jacket says "VIP" on it. I'll be honest and admit I just wanted the jacket and was willing to pay the extra sixty bucks. It is just as well that I did-- like most of the other posters in this thread, my ticket ended up being general admission. I might add that the squeaky wheel gets the grease and it may be due to your many communications to them that you got such good seats. I agree it sounds like this company has some customer service issues to address-- I drove five hours through three states to the St Louis show and wasn't 100% certain that my ticket would actually be there when I got to the box office. Luckily for SHOWStubs, it was.
I wouldn't call 12 rows back exactly good seats, but I can live with them. I would have gotten much better seats if I would have just bought them when tickets went on sale. I guess when I saw the word VIP I expected what I got when I bought Roger Waters VIP tickets for the Wall. We got a poster and shirt and some other stuff, and guarantee 5th row or better. So I got these thinking the same thing, or at least close to it. Then it said GA seating, then find out different, so not good. Panic, frustration, and anger set in, but now who cares, 3 more days and I'll have forgotten all about those retards.

BTW, I thought you were a rep from the company when I saw your name. I was really hoping you were so I could give you a real piece of my mind lol

Offline Stubs

• Unclean Spirit
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2014, 03:55:55 pm »
BTW, I thought you were a rep from the company when I saw your name. I was really hoping you were so I could give you a real piece of my mind lol

I can't blame you for that! Any similarities are strictly coincidental... etc. Hope your KD experience will be as great as mine was.

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2014, 04:46:06 pm »
I can't blame you for that! Any similarities are strictly coincidental... etc. Hope your KD experience will be as great as mine was.
Thanks, I'm sure it will be, I can't fucking wait for Tuesday. Been driving the wife nuts listening to King Diamond for a solid week now, and even more than off and on for the past month or so. This week has been all King though, nothing else. Which is killing me also since I just got the new Exodus and Slipknot yesterday and haven't listened to them yet.

Offline Davidk

• Mandrake
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2014, 02:50:15 pm »
 Well glad you got Decent seats "Satans KINGdom"  , i would have loved those , our show was way oversold & Due to GA we just watched from the Balcony ....... a Reserved seat would have been killer .
  Sounds like we will be seeing a lot more of the KING in the future anyways  :king:

I too did the VIP thing to have the Jacket ..............Certainly a cool item for the Collection  \m/

• Deadly Lullabye
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2014, 03:15:21 pm »
I too did the VIP thing to have the Jacket ..............Certainly a cool item for the Collection  \m/

Considering a tour jacket like this would normally be 80-100 bucks at a merch booth, I saw it as buying the jacket and getting a free ticket. It was 100% worth it.

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2014, 03:33:12 pm »
Well glad you got Decent seats "Satans KINGdom"  , i would have loved those , our show was way oversold & Due to GA we just watched from the Balcony ....... a Reserved seat would have been killer .
  Sounds like we will be seeing a lot more of the KING in the future anyways  :king:

they were good seats, not really a bad seat in the place TBH, but still will never deal with them again. There was no rhyme or reason to the way they handed out seat assignments. I was talking to a guy in line that had worse seats than me and he got his tickets about 8 hours before me. Then there was a girl I saw that had second row that got her seats about a week after they went on sale.

According to the email I got after several attempts for information I was told that the they would be given out by time and day they were ordered. So if that was the case then how did that girl get second row and the other dude got put about 6 rows behind me?

But whatever, its over now, the show was great, and the jacket is cool as hell.  \m/

• Deadly Lullabye
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2014, 05:04:04 pm »

But whatever, its over now, the show was great, and the jacket is cool as hell.  \m/

Yes. Yes it is. And I may or may not be wearing it with a Stryper shirt today.

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2014, 05:08:07 pm »
Yes. Yes it is. And I may or may not be wearing it with a Stryper shirt today.
Stryper? If that isn't yin and yang I don't know what is.  :lol:

• Deadly Lullabye
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2014, 08:24:09 am »
Stryper? If that isn't yin and yang I don't know what is.  :lol:

The juxtaposition was too hilarious to pass up.