Author Topic: Bootleg question.  (Read 9645 times)

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
  • If thine eyes decieve thee, pluck them out!
Bootleg question.
« on: October 22, 2014, 12:21:11 pm »
I usually don't get into bootlegs much because the sound more often than not sucks monkey balls. So I was wondering if anyone here can recommend a good sounding King or MF bootleg out there? Not expecting studio quality pro sound, just something that has decent sound.

Offline devilsavocado

• The Preacher
Re: Bootleg question.
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 11:06:02 pm »
You know... Nothing personal, but I really think that question is in questionable taste, here on the official forum. Bootlegs are counterfeit product, for which the artist never sees any money. It's put out there without the artist knowing about it, or having the chance to sanction its release...

Some artists are cool with bootlegs, most are not.

If the King actively encourages bootlegs (which i haven't seen him do), and doesn't mind them discussed here on these pages, then i apologise for this post.

Offline Hammer

• Voodoo Priest
  • I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles - West Ham!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 11:22:22 pm »
I usually don't get into bootlegs much because the sound more often than not sucks monkey balls. So I was wondering if anyone here can recommend a good sounding King or MF bootleg out there? Not expecting studio quality pro sound, just something that has decent sound.
I'll recommend you to check out for example: King Diamond: Montreal, Quebec, Canada; November 5, 2003 (DVD). Zlin 2006 is a good quality DVD bootleg as well. And there are some other very good quality one's.
And if you are searching audio only, then Tilburg, Netherlands; 2006 (2 CD) would be cool.

Here's my whole list of bootlegs: http://rateyourmusic.com/list/Hammer9/my_mercyful_fate_and_king_diamond_bootlegs/1/

I'm NOT taking money or making business with my bootlegs. I'm only trading bootlegs to bootlegs.

Offline SatanKing

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 05:19:02 am »
It depends on what you consider quality I guess. I have many tapes that I bought years ago which I love and have no issue with the sound and most people who have seen them have no issues with them, but then there was one person who did think it was not good enough. I mostly bought them so that I could see all of the different types of shows King has done over the years as well as to collect ones that had interviews with him to add to my ever growing collection of interviews with King

I even have the three hour tape where King sat in at Midnight Metal on WRTN radio which I cherish even after all these years!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 05:20:26 am by SatanKing »
"Satanism is about the Powers/Spirits of Darkness/Unknown" - King Diamond

Offline The Joker

• Back Door Man
  • The mother of postwhores!
  • $xDxR
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 05:57:55 am »
what kind of bootleg do you want?
Video/audio for download, LPs, etc.

If it's audio/video for download, you can try this site
http://z10.invisionfree.com/weare9bootlegs/index.php?

You need to register, but you can do it without a fear. it's a site made by a covener a long time ago (I guess about 5 years ago) specially to share KD/MF bootlegs for free. They have a kind of rank where they list the ones with the best image/audio.

I used to download a lot of bootlegs there and I guess I still have some of them burned to a DVD.

Anyway, I don't know if the site is still running. It's been a long time since the last time I checked.

Offline Count Jonah

• Desecrator Of Souls
  • +++++
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 01:09:05 pm »
King Diamond Canada 2003 was very well done both for sound and visual, but there is also some good looking video footage from the recent European tours.

For Mercyful Fate, you have to listen to Crush the Cross!  \m/

My favorite bootleg is probably House Of Satan though, rare live and demo tracks....and wow look at that cover!  :king:
"And I'm just the devil with love to spare
Viva Las Vegas Viva Las Vegas" - The King

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2014, 01:34:26 pm »
You know... Nothing personal, but I really think that question is in questionable taste, here on the official forum. Bootlegs are counterfeit product, for which the artist never sees any money. It's put out there without the artist knowing about it, or having the chance to sanction its release...

Some artists are cool with bootlegs, most are not.

If the King actively encourages bootlegs (which i haven't seen him do), and doesn't mind them discussed here on these pages, then i apologise for this post.
I have a total of about five bootleg copies of different bands in total out of about 1,200 cd's ive bought over the years, not counting the hundreds of tapes and vinyls before cd's were invented.  There are several places on this site where people talk about bootlegs, but I didn't see where there was talk about quality, so I figured I'd ask.

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2014, 01:39:18 pm »
Oh as to type, I am mainly looking for cd's. I have a four disc set of king in concert and I watched them once and that's it, the sound is terrible.

Thanks for the tips guys I will look into a couple of them. Might check.out that link joker, but I have a thing about downloading stuff so we'll see lol

Offline Invisible Boy

• Haunted
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2014, 12:51:23 am »
what kind of bootleg do you want?
Video/audio for download, LPs, etc.

If it's audio/video for download, you can try this site
http://z10.invisionfree.com/weare9bootlegs/index.php?

You need to register, but you can do it without a fear. it's a site made by a covener a long time ago (I guess about 5 years ago) specially to share KD/MF bootlegs for free. They have a kind of rank where they list the ones with the best image/audio.

I used to download a lot of bootlegs there and I guess I still have some of them burned to a DVD.

Anyway, I don't know if the site is still running. It's been a long time since the last time I checked.

That site is disabled :( 

Offline bolivarmaxi

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2014, 09:41:37 am »
We need official king diamond DVD live
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 10:07:31 am by bolivarmaxi »
BAMT

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2014, 10:17:59 am »
We need official king diamond DVD live
Wow no shit? I wonder why nobody has ever brought that up before? What a great idea you have!!! Don't know, but I feel that if this gets heard by someone around here, things just might happen. If only we had someone that would post this same thing over and over and over and over again, eventually maybe King and company can get on this. Wonder who we could get to do that? Any ideas?

Offline bolivarmaxi

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2014, 01:43:04 pm »
Wow no shit? I wonder why nobody has ever brought that up before? What a great idea you have!!! Don't know, but I feel that if this gets heard by someone around here, things just might happen. If only we had someone that would post this same thing over and over and over and over again, eventually maybe King and company can get on this. Wonder who we could get to do that? Any ideas?

If you are happy with the bad quality videos in the internet of the best metal band in the world is your problem, I only express my opinion and I have to tell you that many people thinks the same even king wins more money with official merchandising like the newset t shirt and more stuff like this  :kopfpatsch:
Actually king has made  great changues in the merchandising and maybe some day he give the fans that they need. Even when in our contries there are no chance to see king plays in live
BAMT

Offline Douchebag St John

• Deadly Lullabye
  • Invoking the Master 2 procreate the Unholy Bastard
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2014, 02:10:45 pm »

I just spit coke all over my screen....thanks Obama!
Ahh... I have longed to be at one with this
Yet, the waters call my name

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2014, 03:09:20 pm »
If you are happy with the bad quality videos in the internet of the best metal band in the world is your problem, I only express my opinion and I have to tell you that many people thinks the same even king wins more money with official merchandising like the newset t shirt and more stuff like this  :kopfpatsch:
Actually king has made  great changues in the merchandising and maybe some day he give the fans that they need. Even when in our contries there are no chance to see king plays in live
Yes, I love bad quality shitty fan filmed videos, that's why I made this thread. Once again Captain Obvious saves the day!!!

We all want a DVD dude, no need for you to post the same thing every single chance you get is there? Do you have it copied to a file somewhere so you can just paste it in a thread once a day? Just stop posting about the dvd all the time, it's old man, we got it five years ago.

Offline Count Jonah

• Desecrator Of Souls
  • +++++
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2014, 03:10:14 pm »
Bolivar has a very good point. There are lots of fans all over the world that won't get the chance to get in on this tour. What would be the next best things? It will be one of the greatest mysteries of our time....or all time that MF and KD; the two most theatrical, musically and visually intense, legendary metal bands after 3 decades do not have a full home video/DVD/Blue-Ray/Betamax/8mm release out for the fans to buy and in return give more support to the band while lesser bands already have several. At this rate the lost colony of Roanoke will be found, which by the way would make for a good concept album.  :king:

Offline Count Jonah

• Desecrator Of Souls
  • +++++
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2014, 03:13:32 pm »
BTW, you guys crack me up.  :fingers: We are all Diamond Bangers. Hails!  \m/

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2014, 03:22:19 pm »
Bolivar has a very good point. There are lots of fans all over the world that won't get the chance to get in on this tour. What would be the next best things? It will be one of the greatest mysteries of our time....or all time that MF and KD; the two most theatrical, musically and visually intense, legendary metal bands after 3 decades do not have a full home video/DVD/Blue-Ray/Betamax/8mm release out for the fans to buy and in return give more support to the band while lesser bands already have several. At this rate the lost colony of Roanoke will be found, which by the way would make for a good concept album.  :king:
Again, I am sure the band and everyone that comes to this site know we want a DVD. My point is, this guy doesn't have to bring it up every chance he gets does he?

Besides, I will put money on it that this tour will end up with a dvd released.

Offline Hammer

• Voodoo Priest
  • I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles - West Ham!!!
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2014, 03:02:36 am »
Well, we all agree with bolivarmaxi. I'm sure that almost every single member here does want King Diamond live DVD/Blu-Ray.

However, I have been bored of the behavior of bolivarmaxi a long time ago. You don't have to express that same opinion in every single thread as we all know that already. It's kind of fun though and the posts of boli have been giving me good laughs and I laughed my ass off when I read Satans KINGdom's great answer while I was very tired.

Relax. I understand you both. Only bolivarmaxi's way of telling us the same sentence many times in every thread is stupid. Still I do hope you'll get your DVD, Boli. Cheers!

Like Satans KINGdom said, I'm confident that we will get the DVD after the tour. If not, then I'm disappointed as the band's top-notch live show should be released officially.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 03:04:03 am by Hammer »

Offline bolivarmaxi

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2014, 09:25:08 am »
I just try to remember to the band How we want it, and The right side of The business of the best betal band

but i will leave it.

BAMT

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2014, 10:07:38 am »
but i will leave it.

Heard that before too, if I had time I would quote them here lol So what you're saying is, you will leave it.....till next week? :D

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2014, 12:31:07 am »
How about any good cd's from the Voodoo era? That would be really cool since it was the only time I've seen them so far.

Offline zeus

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2014, 06:23:40 am »

Offline The Joker

• Back Door Man
  • The mother of postwhores!
  • $xDxR
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2014, 04:07:22 am »

hahaa
I laughed so hard with this.

That site is disabled :( 

that's too bad.

As I said, I have downloaded a lot of bootlegs from there and most of them I guess are still on my old computer at home.
I can check them and try to upload if anyone is interested.

Offline Count Jonah

• Desecrator Of Souls
  • +++++
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2014, 02:14:28 pm »
How about any good cd's from the Voodoo era? That would be really cool since it was the only time I've seen them so far.

Palo Alto, CA 1998 CD has a good long setlist, but it's been a while since I played it so I don't remember the quality. I have a video of a show from the Voodoo tour in Ohio shot by Glen Drover's brother. It's all the way in the back with few close ups, but man it has great sound! And later on in the tape there is on the bus footage of the band goofing off and hanging out.  :D

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2014, 03:51:53 pm »
Palo Alto, CA 1998 CD has a good long setlist, but it's been a while since I played it so I don't remember the quality. I have a video of a show from the Voodoo tour in Ohio shot by Glen Drover's brother. It's all the way in the back with few close ups, but man it has great sound! And later on in the tape there is on the bus footage of the band goofing off and hanging out.  :D
wow that Dvd sounds like it would be killer to own, might have to look around youtube or that other site posted here so I can watch it.