Author Topic: Bootleg question.  (Read 9611 times)

Offline Azalin

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Blood For Master
Re: Bootleg question.
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2014, 07:34:09 pm »
Wow no shit? I wonder why nobody has ever brought that up before? What a great idea you have!!! Don't know, but I feel that if this gets heard by someone around here, things just might happen. If only we had someone that would post this same thing over and over and over and over again, eventually maybe King and company can get on this. Wonder who we could get to do that? Any ideas?

\m/   :D:
Lady, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave the store....

- Ash, housewares

Offline kman23

• Spirit
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2014, 01:35:32 am »
Did exactly the same as the guy above, but mine was orange soda  :kopfpatsch:

how to hack kings road
Fifa 15 Coins For Xbox
Fifa 15 Coin Glitch Tutorial
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 04:58:01 am by kman23 »

Offline Hammer

• Voodoo Priest
  • I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles - West Ham!!!
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2014, 07:53:29 am »
wow that Dvd sounds like it would be killer to own, might have to look around youtube or that other site posted here so I can watch it.
I would also love to have a good quality video (or audio) bootleg from the Voodoo tour, so if you find one, I would appreciate if you could tell me where to look for. At the moment I have only shitty quality stuff from that tour. I have been listening to Voodoo lately and all I can say: wow, it still sounds so heavy, fresh and fascinating. Didn't remember it's THAT good, but it certainly is amazing album. Well, all the King Diamond albums are awesome. :icon_cool: 

Offline ZachAttack

• Uninvited Guest
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2014, 08:17:15 am »
King Diamond already has released a live dvd. On the Abigail 2-CD re-release there is a live DVD on there with all of his music videos. The quality is bootleg like most other shows from that era. The Melissa re-release CD has a dvd too but it only has 3 songs.

I have another one in similar quality from the Fatal Portrait tour where this dude jumps onstage, grabs a push-broom, and plays it like an air guitar...and not only that, he does it for like 10 minutes and Andy and Michael actually get side by side with the guy and pretend like he's the third guitar player or something...no one makes him leave the stage or anything!

I know there exists a pro-shot video of the Conspiracy tour because I watched a lot of it through a window in the band's tour bus when they were inside watching it in 2003 (they were parked right in front of the venue where the line was).

If you don't remember, King explained this once...he was in the middle of making a DVD, and I guess he was doing it all by himself, so he somehow ending up downloading like a free trial of some DVD authoring software that left a watermark on the screen the entire time. Then I think later he got regular software, but it turns out all his master tapes were in PAL and not NTSC, so the software wouldn't encode them correctly. I think at that point he just got fed up with it and gave up. There was a post on his website many years ago where he explained everything that happened

Offline Hammer

• Voodoo Priest
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2014, 08:27:44 am »
I have another one in similar quality from the Fatal Portrait tour where this dude jumps onstage, grabs a push-broom, and plays it like an air guitar...and not only that, he does it for like 10 minutes and Andy and Michael actually get side by side with the guy and pretend like he's the third guitar player or something...no one makes him leave the stage or anything!
Yeah, that one is amazing. I have watched that bootleg many many times with my friends. My favorite one. The audience is almost the craziest ever as they are stage diving all the time. The one particular guy you mentioned is the greatest, he always makes me laugh. He's so metal and so funny with his "guitar" :yeah!:

Offline Count Jonah

• Desecrator Of Souls
  • +++++
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2014, 11:08:22 am »
I've been searching youtube, can't seem to find any Ohio Voodoo tour show or backstage footage, but I do have that one, and Glenn Drover once even said there was way more footage then that. I did however come across the Pomona California Voodoo tour show which I had never seen before on youtube.  :king:
"And I'm just the devil with love to spare
Viva Las Vegas Viva Las Vegas" - The King

Offline Hammer

• Voodoo Priest
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2014, 12:47:40 am »
^ I'm not 100% sure but I think that I have that Pomona show, at least I have a one gig from California. Should check that out soon. For what I remember its quality is shitty or mediocre but the show itself is amazing.

I just realized I already have a one good quality gig from the Voodoo tour. It's only audio gig though but I might give it a listen some day. The bootleg has been recorded from Graffiti Lounge, Pittsburgh and it's one of the greatest audio quality bootlegs I have heard. Tilburg 2006 is the best quality one that I have in my collection though.

Still looking for that Ohio show...

Offline kman23

• Spirit
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2015, 04:00:31 pm »
I've been searching youtube, can't seem to find any Ohio Voodoo tour show or backstage footage, but I do have that one, and Glenn Drover once even said there was way more footage then that. I did however come across the Pomona California Voodoo tour show which I had never seen before on youtube.  :king:Fifa 15 Coin Glitch Tutorial

I had a search on youtube and vimeo but couldnt find anything.....
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 04:02:42 pm by kman23 »

Offline Bub

• Global Moderator
  • Doomed by the living dead!
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2015, 08:56:12 am »
author=ZachAttack link=topic=6942.msg363695#msg363695 datorginizers35]

Late response...
The guy with the broomstick is Andre Verhuysen. He's one if the organizers of the gig and writer for the Dutch metal mag : Aardschok.
The gig was the aardschok dag.  :fauxcul:

He's friends with the band since the early Mercyful Fate days and the reason he wasn't thown off stage.
nah

Offline Count Jonah

• Desecrator Of Souls
  • +++++
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2015, 03:18:10 pm »
I'll have to watch the footage again and pinpoint the exact moment, but I could have sworn they DID eventually throw him off the stage; rather forcefully. Of course they laid off him for a good while, the other fans were thrown off immediately, except for the ones that stage dived by themselves.  \m/

Evidently stage diving was already a Thing in 1980's Holland.

Offline Count Jonah

• Desecrator Of Souls
  • +++++
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2015, 03:20:19 pm »
I had a search on youtube and vimeo but couldnt find anything.....

I have the video tape in storage. I have the DVD transfer somewhere around here, I'll let you know if I come across it and maybe we can work out a trade? However the DVD sound quality is not as good as the tape.  >:D

Offline Bub

• Global Moderator
  • Doomed by the living dead!
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2015, 02:09:27 pm »
I'll have to watch the footage again and pinpoint the exact moment, but I could have sworn they DID eventually throw him off the stage; rather forcefully.

I got the dvd (an excellent bootleg) and i think you are right...he does end up in the audience.  :diabo_do_msn:
nah

Offline Count Jonah

• Desecrator Of Souls
  • +++++
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2015, 12:55:00 am »
Okay, I'm watching the video now on youtube; the full 1986 concert. At 1:18:46, near the end of "No Presents for Christmas" is were the security finally has enough and picks him up and throws him off the stage, which is so funny because he has this "what the hell, I'm rocking out with Andy and Timi!" expression. It almost looks like Timi blew a kiss goodbye.  :D Oh something else I was reminded of, I think at least one time the security personnel gets thrown off stage by the fans! And yes this is some epic footage! Not to be that guy and steal Bolivar's job, but where the hell is the retro DVD compilation already? C'mon King!  :king: