Author Topic: Question about Madeline from The Eye  (Read 1937 times)

Offline yamzx1

• Unclean Spirit
Question about Madeline from The Eye
« on: October 27, 2014, 01:51:17 pm »
Hey, maybe I'm dumb.

Is Madeline one of the little girls from Two Little Girls? The one who picks it up as the other looks into it and dies?

Is it intended that she kept it, held onto it, and grew up to be Madeline? Is afraid of "The Curse" of The Eye and runs to the convent for help?

If so, that's awesome and I'm dumb for not noticing it. It adds a lot of dimension to The Eye necklace. Somehow it ends up around Mummified Abigail's neck, and somehow ends up in King's hands.

My God I love that album.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 01:57:34 pm by yamzx1 »

Offline Count Jonah

• Desecrator Of Souls
  • +++++
Re: Question about Madeline from The Eye
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 01:58:45 pm »
No, because she found it on the floor in the covenant. However it implies that the surviving one of the Two Little Girls had been in that room before.  :icon_eek:
"And I'm just the devil with love to spare
Viva Las Vegas Viva Las Vegas" - The King

Offline Azalin

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Blood For Master
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 07:32:05 pm »
No, because she found it on the floor in the covenant. However it implies that the surviving one of the Two Little Girls had been in that room before.  :icon_eek:
Hey, maybe I'm dumb.

Is Madeline one of the little girls from Two Little Girls? The one who picks it up as the other looks into it and dies?

Is it intended that she kept it, held onto it, and grew up to be Madeline? Is afraid of "The Curse" of The Eye and runs to the convent for help?

If so, that's awesome and I'm dumb for not noticing it. It adds a lot of dimension to The Eye necklace. Somehow it ends up around Mummified Abigail's neck, and somehow ends up in King's hands.

My God I love that album.

all those people in 'The Eye' who had the necklace are different people....as far as I know, none of them are 'adult versions' of either of the little girls. the connection is that whoever wears it goes back through time and experiences everything that all the former owners experienced, all crammed into one day's time (May 1st). I believe that's the source of any feelings of familiarity that the characters experience.
Lady, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave the store....

- Ash, housewares

Offline yamzx1

• Unclean Spirit
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 08:48:56 pm »

D'oh! I forgot that lyric. I was going from memory and thought of the line "Madeline is running away from herself afraid of the CHAIN(but it's shame. whoops.)"

That's very interesting how the necklace makes it's way around.

I like to think that The Eye is how King was able to see the events in Abigail, Voodoo, can place himself in the lunatic from The Graveyard, can see the Bell Witch haunting, etc. Each song can be thought of as a journey through The Eye  :ernaehrung004:

Offline johnnieczech

• Gypsy
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 09:57:13 am »
I always thought that Madeline was the other girl, because the first one, of course, had died.

Offline Count Jonah

• Desecrator Of Souls
  • +++++
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 12:01:14 pm »
Couldn't be. Madeline was a young woman who was either "living in sin" or running away from some other problems and she thought that by entering the covenant she would be purifying herself.....uh guess not.  :icon_twisted:

As the lyrics clearly state, she finds the necklace on the floor in the covenant which means the surviving girl from Two Little Girls had also been there before her with Father David, but she took it off there, Madeline found it and the next time she undressed for Father David she left it on, and well....too bad for Father David that he wasn't looking at her face.  :lol:

"And I'm just the devil with love to spare
Viva Las Vegas Viva Las Vegas" - The King