Author Topic: First KD Studio Album  (Read 4476 times)

Offline Stubs

• Unclean Spirit
First KD Studio Album
« on: October 28, 2014, 10:16:13 pm »
I know that as someone very new to the board, I should be the last to make a post like this... yet if King Diamond has a three-album contract to fulfill, I'm sure I'm not alone in wondering how he plans to do it. Since any suggestion in this thread is bound to be discounted by King himself anyway, I'm throwing this to the wind three days in advance of Halloween:

It's been seven years since the last KD release (and King has had many new experiences to draw from during that time). What might the next studio album sound like (sonically, thematically)? Any takers?

Offline Count Jonah

• Desecrator Of Souls
  • +++++
Re: First KD Studio Album
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 11:18:38 pm »
Interesting thought....even if it's just sepeculation.

King's been away from Mercyful Fate for a VERY long time, so it's possible he might employ some more Mercyful Fate influences on the new KD album.

We all know King's been listening to and touring with Jess And The Ancient Ones, so maybe the new album will have a more 1970's feel? As for themes, perhaps a story about a serial killer? (Jack the Ripper, Ted Bundy, ect). How about a concept album set in ancient times, I don't think KD the band has done that too much. Or something that takes place on the high seas? A ghost ship! Edgar Allan Poe wrote a great shorty story about a ghost ship of sorts called MS. In A Bottle, I always felt Poe left so much of that unexplored so there would be a lot there King could work with.

As for what the other band members might bring to the table...I have not been very good at keeping up with all the side projects and alternate bands, however I do like BibleBlack.  :icon_twisted:
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 11:19:18 pm by Count Jonah »
"And I'm just the devil with love to spare
Viva Las Vegas Viva Las Vegas" - The King

Offline yamzx1

• Unclean Spirit
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 08:36:23 am »
These threads are fun but we always have to keep our enthusiasm in check since it's literally just dreaming.

That said, I'd love a third installment to the "THEM" story. Could be about King as a vengeful spirit haunting Mother and Dr. Landau, getting revenge when the dark is near. With special appearances by Missy trying to talk him out of being a dark force so his soul can rest. Although I do love how Conspiracy just leaves it as the cliff hanger... I'd love to see that story end as a trilogy after over 20 years.

I think the high seas theme is a good idea too. King could deliver that atmosphere great.

I trust that I'll love whatever King decides to do. He sounds better than ever now and despite those who said it was lackluster, I loved the story of GMYSP.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 08:38:39 am by yamzx1 »

Offline Stubs

• Unclean Spirit
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2014, 03:37:22 pm »
Wow, these are great ideas. As a huge fan of the "Them" and "Conspiracy" albums, I think a third and final installment would be amazing... and I am also all for a "ghost ship" episode as well. That would be incredible...

Whatever he decides to do, I fervently hope that he continues to deliver concept albums; my only complaint with "The Spider's Lullaby" was its lack of thematic connection. That said, my band used to spontaneously bust into "To The Morgue" during rehearsal, which was always great fun.

Like most of you, I'm beyond excited about a new album. The new collection is a great thing (especially for the newer fans) and it will probably satisfy a third of the 3-album Metal Blade contract. My hunch is that a new live album or DVD will complete the contract... but in the middle there... that's what I can't wait to hear.

I'm sure that this has already been posted somewhere here, but the 2013 interview I've linked below references King's new home studio and some changes he's making in his creative process and recording as a result of having 24-hour studio access for the first time while writing a new record. I predict that the outcome is going to bury us.

www.horrorsociety.com/2013/10/31/exclusive-halloween-interview-with-legendary-metal-frontman-king-diamond-part-1/

Offline Stubs

• Unclean Spirit
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2014, 10:25:16 pm »
I feel pretty dumb for assuming that the new collection would fulfill the first part of the new Metal Blade thing. I wish I had the time to read all the posts before making a fool of myself. As for the latter third, that was wishful thinking.  :icon_wink:

Raising my glass to three more KD albums.

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
  • If thine eyes decieve thee, pluck them out!
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2014, 10:32:52 pm »
I feel pretty dumb for assuming that the new collection would fulfill the first part of the new Metal Blade thing. I wish I had the time to read all the posts before making a fool of myself. As for the latter third, that was wishful thinking.  :icon_wink:

Raising my glass to three more KD albums.
no the new compilation Cd has nothing to do with the new record deal they got. Livia has answered that somewhere around here.

Far as what the new album is going to be based off of, king has mentioned writing about his heart attack and some of the stuff he experienced while clinically dead during the opperation. Not sure if that's confirmed as a deffinate subject or not, but I have a strong feeling that's what it will be about.

Offline Count Jonah

• Desecrator Of Souls
  • +++++
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2014, 11:54:57 am »
no the new compilation Cd has nothing to do with the new record deal they got. Livia has answered that somewhere around here.

Far as what the new album is going to be based off of, king has mentioned writing about his heart attack and some of the stuff he experienced while clinically dead during the opperation. Not sure if that's confirmed as a deffinate subject or not, but I have a strong feeling that's what it will be about.

Reminds me of "From The Other Side"; someone down there is saving my life....

Hmmm....King is a fan of the Silent Hill games....the album could take place a nightmarish haunted hospital.  :icon_eek:

Offline U-94

• Up From The Grave
  • "Frankly, I had enjoyed the war."
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2014, 06:48:44 pm »
Yeah, everything he talked about in interviews regarding his operation reminded me of "From the Other Side" but I started to get afraid that maybe the whole senation of 'people working on you while you have no control' could play into alien abduction. That thought scared the shit of me, "Oh no, please, don't make an album about Aliens!"

I know that sounds like a reach but you never know. It's something King hasn't touched since MF's Destroy all Aliens.

Offline Stubs

• Unclean Spirit
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2014, 12:15:22 am »
What if he did a self-titled album which was wholly autobiographical in nature? He's got a true horror story or two to tell, I'm quite sure. Maybe that would take away somewhat from the theatrical aspect of what he does, but even if he just loosely based it on his own experiences (like he did with his cat in GMYSP)... I'd be interested. As far as I know, there aren't any book-length biographies out there. Although I'm guessing there eventually will be.

Offline krisjay

• Holy Shrine
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2014, 02:41:57 pm »
For me personally, I'd love to see some Black Metal elements used. Not as far as production, but in atmosphere, maybe even some Dark Wave eerie sonic stuff. With the traditional KD metal sound, but maybe with a twist thrown in. For me again, the darker King goes with this album the better. King is in a great place right now, he can literally do anything he wants,  I just have a feeling this next album  will be the album of his career, that is saying alot when King has already created some of the greatest albums in rock music history, but I think this is just going to leave jaws on the floor. The future is bright. Hail King Diamond!!!

Offline majorfabs

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2014, 05:57:11 am »
I know that as someone very new to the board, I should be the last to make a post like this... yet if King Diamond has a three-album contract to fulfill, I'm sure I'm not alone in wondering how he plans to do it.

I think I read an interview where KD said he wants to tell about his experiences during his terrible time of his cardiac/ heart surgery. Real horror I guess...

Once I read in a interview back in the day that he wanted to do a conceptual story about the horrific times of the plague calling it "The Plague". But KD refused because he found it to close/ similar to "The Eye". I always wondered how great it would have been.... too bad  :king:

Offline U-94

• Up From The Grave
  • "Frankly, I had enjoyed the war."
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2014, 07:34:45 am »
I love simple haunted house tales....but his last album was literally "Me and my cat walk around a haunted house". I seriously think he made that album as a tribute to his cat.

Offline Stubs

• Unclean Spirit
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2014, 01:55:04 am »
I think it was a bit more than that, although I confess that the image of a cat pulling down butterflies is, in its own way, just as horrific as as any of his earlier themes. Perhaps you've never watched a cat hunt in your own backyard.
Personally, I can't stand cats.
However, I enjoyed the symbolism. I'll leave the discussion of "familiars" to another thread.

Offline zorrow

• Jonah
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2014, 03:46:03 am »
It should be about the fellowship of the devilish turds, which includes turds of every race, from pale cream to dark brown. They form a conspiracy to rule the underground world in order to eventually take over the surface. They have all been wonderful things in their past lives, from chocolate cake pieces to the finest caviar, but human beings abandoned them and that's why they're so frustrated. Ghost turds, which are meta-decomposed entities, are the worst ones and they are coming to YOUR town to use it as a come back gateway to our world. But they don't come in peace... :P :icon_lol:

Offline Count Jonah

• Desecrator Of Souls
  • +++++
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2014, 02:47:34 am »
Wow! That's some heavy stuff right there Zorrow.  :read:
A Heavy Load perhaps......  :gah:

Offline Shadowswhisper

• Lurker From The Dark
  • even a broken clock is right twice a day
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2015, 06:41:13 am »
Alright so we have closure to Abigail and Them and still there are so many directions for new material concerning the super natural the occult personal experiences fears and just some good old fashioned evil.  I would have to say in this aspect King has covered allot of ground and i for one always enjoyed a good horror story.

I do tend to think though if you made an album about politics religion pop music reality tv zombies and social media all in one would that album would scare the living shit out of Satan himself.

Stay heavy  \m/

« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 07:13:55 am by Shadowswhisper »
The road to hell is paved with good intentions...would explain why i am so nice !

Offline Felicia

• Just A Shadow
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2015, 06:10:41 pm »
It should be about the fellowship of the devilish turds, which includes turds of every race, from pale cream to dark brown. They form a conspiracy to rule the underground world in order to eventually take over the surface. They have all been wonderful things in their past lives, from chocolate cake pieces to the finest caviar, but human beings abandoned them and that's why they're so frustrated. Ghost turds, which are meta-decomposed entities, are the worst ones and they are coming to YOUR town to use it as a come back gateway to our world. But they don't come in peace... :P :icon_lol:

:icon_lol: :idea: Lmao!! That horror story I would call the nightly news  :yeah!: :WiNkA: It always has something floating around like that...
I just hope a new story to have fun singing to in the future will be had...as a good screaming horror falsetto is so hard to find these days...lol

Offline Count Jonah

• Desecrator Of Souls
  • +++++
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2015, 03:39:06 am »
Wow! That's some heavy stuff right there Zorrow.  :read:
A Heavy Load perhaps......  :gah:

Still waiting for Ripper to pick up on this reference. I know you are out there man...  :cool:

Offline Count Jonah

• Desecrator Of Souls
  • +++++
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2015, 03:42:36 am »

:icon_lol: :idea: Lmao!! That horror story I would call the nightly news  :yeah!: :WiNkA: It always has something floating around like that...
I just hope a new story to have fun singing to in the future will be had...as a good screaming horror falsetto is so hard to find these days...lol

*cough*Ghost *cough*.....pardon me, I mean *cough* Ghost B.C. *cough*
Nah, they wouldn't do that, they wouldn't dare....or would they???  :idea: