Author Topic: Meeting the King  (Read 6688 times)

Offline danzigdan

• Unborn
Meeting the King
« on: November 02, 2014, 06:17:30 pm »
Hey all,
I am new here, and this question has probably been asked.. but here goes..
Whats the best chance at meeting the King?   In the olden days, we just hung out by the bus after the show... is that pretty much still how it is, or does anyone have any new tips..  I have not seen him in over 10 years so just want to get ready.. He will be in my town next week !!
Thanks

Offline Sean Horror

• Ghost of Change
  • Keep On Heavy
    • Sean Horror's Facebook
Re: Meeting the King
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 04:46:25 pm »
I went outside the concert hall in Berlin to ask for money for watching king diamond, because I flew all the way from Chile to see the show and the night before the concert I lost my wallet with my ticket. So I went there like at 7 am in the morning for having the whole day to achieve the money for the ticket. I met a lot of people and it was nice, but I wasn't making the money for watching the king....I was kind of scared I wasn't going to make it. But there where the King Diamond Brothers to save me from the hell I was living. King arrived and Livia, so gentle from her, she put me in the guest list and I could meet King Diamond, shake his hand and take a picture with him...... probably the best day of my absurd life.

Again, thanks Livia, King Diamond Brothers and King Diamond!
There is no fun without a little feeling of terror

Offline Davidk

• Mandrake
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 02:42:44 am »
 I know he has said in interviews he does not hang after shows to keep his voice in shape ......beyond that who knows , it's been a rough time for his health this tour .......
   I did not try & meet him in worcester just out of respect , but hopefully someday i will meet him & livia  :icon_smile:
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 02:43:55 am by Davidk »

Offline ZachAttack

• Uninvited Guest
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2014, 11:23:32 am »
He doesn't travel in the bus with the rest of the band, he usually stays in a hotel and is driven to the venue separately, so you won't meet him hanging around the bus. This is at least my experience as I've seen him 3 times, and all 3 times the band's bus was parked right in front of the venue and the entire band was in there and would sign stuff but I was told King wasn't there

Offline Livia Zita

• Band
    • Livia's Artsy Stuff
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2014, 11:33:07 am »
We do *travel* in the tourbus, but we do not hang out there.
Working in the backgrounds :)

Offline Douchebag St John

• Deadly Lullabye
  • Invoking the Master 2 procreate the Unholy Bastard
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2014, 01:20:18 pm »
Not sure if this is The King's thing or not, but I totally would have thrown down on a meet and greet package. The jacket is bad ass, but a picture with a living legend? Priceless.  :king:
Ahh... I have longed to be at one with this
Yet, the waters call my name

Offline Davidk

• Mandrake
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2014, 08:48:36 pm »
Not sure if this is The King's thing or not, but I totally would have thrown down on a meet and greet package. The jacket is bad ass, but a picture with a living legend? Priceless.  :king:

It certainly would be cool to get a quick photo & autograph with the King in make-up ............ someday  :king:

Offline Marzey

• Up From The Grave
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2014, 06:38:57 am »
A little backstory how I got into King Diamond: When I read an interview with one of my fave bands the singer was asked what song should be played at his funeral and he answered "Black Funeral by Mercyful Fate." So, there was no youtube back in 2003 to check stuff out.  So I bought the just released Greatest Hits from Mercyful Fate and loved it right away. Soon after that I read a great article on Metal Hammer magazine about "Abigail II" and bought it too. That's how I got into his music. I wish I was born a bit earlier than just 1983, that I could have seen the golden 80s. But at least I got into his music. No matter when and how. :D
Finnaly in July 2014 I had the chance to see King Diamond live in Berlin. I could not imagine how he would be like, coz to me he always seemed to be so anonymous and rarely seen over here. I heard they did competitions for Meet and Greets but I did not win. But anyway I went to the venue at about 12 at noon and tere were already a handful fans waiting. They said M+G was scheduled at about 3 in the afternoon, so we waited. First to arrive was Andy LaRocque. He was very nice and signed stuff and took pictures with us. After another 30 minutes King's black van pulled right up at the stage door and I was like "Damn, he's gonna go right up there and we won't even see him coz the car is blocking the sight..".. but nothing went up the stairs... as I walked around the car there he was standing mobbed by about 15 people. Signing stuff, talking to fans, shaking hands and saying Thanks... He signed my Greatest Hits with dedication. So cool. He was like "Actually I am just doing two Meet and Greets right now.. haha" After signing a few fans were lucky to get a photo with him. First it was said "No photos" but when asked kindly by us King took a few. I showed him my ticket "Not that you think I am winding you up, here is my ticket for the show!" (As I know some ebay guys just get stuff signed and leave then to sell it, thats why I wanted to show him I support him with being at the show, like the other fans as well) he tapped my shoulder and said "Thank you so much". Then I left and he went in for the official Meed and Greets.
The show of course was absolutely amazing. Before the show the crowd was cheering themselfs up with King Diamnd falcetto vocals.. that was so cool and gave me goosebumps. I was first row and enjoyed it like crazy.
And you won't believe what happened then. When I left and went back to the subway train station I was thirsty getting myself a coke.. walking around thinking about what just happened and what a great show it was.. as I saw someone that looked familiar to me. It was non other than Vinnie Paul and the rest of Hellyeah! As he told me they have been in the audience too and enjoyed the show. Hellyeah played the next day, that's why they were in Berlin, too. Vinnie also told me that King lives just around the corner where he lives in Texas.
So, thats probably the maximum amount of metal for one day. King Diamond was so amazing and I can't thank him and Ole enough for that moment. Thank you so much King, if you read this! Can't wait for you to come back!!
 :king:
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 07:18:00 am by Marzey »

Offline The Betrayer King

• Victim Of The Coven
  • I'm going to hell in every religion
    • My band
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2014, 08:35:37 am »
Dude! I was in the same concert as you!!

And I also had a picture with the King!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 08:36:48 am by The Betrayer King »
Keep on heavy

Offline Marzey

• Up From The Grave
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2014, 08:53:05 am »
Awesome Dude!! That was so amazing!  :D

• Victim Of The Coven
    • My band
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2014, 04:10:28 pm »
It was the best day of my life haahhahaahaha  :gah:

How kind and respectful King is. I was the first on shaking his hand... I remember being afraid a little bit and then I asked him "May I at least shake your hand"? Then I called him "Your Highness" and I make him laugh hahahaha.

And what I can say about Livia. She is the most wonderful person I ever met. She was so kind and peaceful, I regret not taking a picture with her, but I didn't want to bother anyways....in fact I didn't want to cause any more troubles! :D

A little picture of the best highlight I had this year

Keep on heavy

Offline Marzey

• Up From The Grave
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2014, 03:11:03 am »
Here are the pictures I have from that great day:

• Victim Of The Coven
    • My band
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2014, 10:50:48 am »
Heheheheheh I'm behind you, in your last picture
Keep on heavy

Offline Ultron5

• Spirit
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2015, 08:22:12 pm »
I think I would have wanted to say Hi to Livia. She can really sing, and I like King's music with her.
It would be cool if she would record her own album. KD is a lucky man....great wife, so talented, a near perfect catalog (with TWO bands!) and a wonderful storyteller.
I'd kill for movie or novel versions of Abigail and Them.

Livia-The Anti-Yoko.

I'm willing to bet King's next album will be the best of all of them.

Offline Count Jonah

• Desecrator Of Souls
  • +++++
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2015, 12:57:39 am »
Haha! She is definitely no Yoko, thank the dark gods!  :king:

Great story and pictures Marzey! Betrayer King, what are you holding up in that picture? A Nabisco box?  \m/
"And I'm just the devil with love to spare
Viva Las Vegas Viva Las Vegas" - The King

Offline Beast_Regards

• Mad Arab
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2015, 06:57:11 pm »
Heheheheheh I'm behind you, in your last picture

I'm behind King in yours  :D
THIS PLACE IS TERRIBLE!