Author Topic: Music on PA before the concert?  (Read 8859 times)

Offline Hammer

• Voodoo Priest
  • I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles - West Ham!!!
Re: Music on PA before the concert?
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2014, 10:56:13 pm »
I see that Visigoth have now put up their "Dungeon Master" song up on Youtube, I strongly suggest everyone check it out as it is way better than their earlier songs. Of course nothing can compare to hearing this blasted over the PA before the KD show.  \m/
Well, their guitar section has too much Iron Maiden vibe and as a huge Maiden fan I think it's almost a bit irritating. I'm not that fond of the singer's voice to be honest. I don't know why, he has quite a strong voice though and he's not bad either. The song itself is good, yes, but not that unique. Many bands that like Iron Maiden sound almost the same, at least here in Northern Europe. I would have wanted to like the song more than I did. Maybe it will grow on me after some more listens...

I guess the HammerFall song you were talking of is called Ex Inferis, not Ex Infernus? I just want to be precise. A very good song. The newest HF album is much better than their previous one.  However, the best albums from HammerFall are still Renegade and Legacy of Kings if you ask me. \m/
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 12:19:06 pm by Hammer »

Offline wildchildelsner

• Voodoo Priest
  • The dreams... They always do come true
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2014, 12:12:01 am »
You're right Hammer, it was indeed Ex Inferis. Ex Infernus just sounded good to me for some reason I guess :gah:. (R)evolution is indeed a step up from Infected and even No Sacrifice. Like you said though, nothing compared to their classics \m/
"We are Grim Salvation, we play heavy metal and melt faces, now quit gawking and go mental!"

Offline ZachAttack

• Uninvited Guest
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2014, 09:05:49 am »
I was enjoying the classic feel from the PA before King came on. Reminded me of how Type O always had old AC /DC and Priest on before they hit the stage.

Last time I saw Type O they played Chicken Dance on a continuous loop for like 45 minutes before they came out...it was the most annoying thing ever (which I guess was the point)

Offline Douchebag St John

• Deadly Lullabye
  • Invoking the Master 2 procreate the Unholy Bastard
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2014, 12:34:18 pm »
Last time I saw Type O they played Chicken Dance on a continuous loop for like 45 minutes before they came out...it was the most annoying thing ever (which I guess was the point)

That sounds like them. I did not catch the last tour and that is something that I will forever lament. All of the times I saw them they played almost all of Back in Black and a ton of Screaming for Vengeance.
Ahh... I have longed to be at one with this
Yet, the waters call my name

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
  • If thine eyes decieve thee, pluck them out!
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2014, 04:58:31 pm »
That would get annoying, but nothing like when I saw Fleetwood Mac the last time. They played this cricket sound effect for at least a half hour before coming on stage. I was so pissed off, spending over $150.00 dollars each for crickets. Then they came out, and really played a short set for it being a "night with" Fleetwood mac. More like an Hour and a half with Fleetwood Mac. Never again will I go see them after that cheap shit they pulled.

On the other hand, one of the funniest things I saw before a show was Gwar. They played Frank Sinatra over the PA for a good 45 minutes or so before coming on stage. Got so bad the crowd started a pit and moshed to Frank Sinatra lol Would have loved to see Frank show up and see that.  :kopfpatsch:

• Deadly Lullabye
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2014, 10:03:58 am »

On the other hand, one of the funniest things I saw before a show was Gwar. They played Frank Sinatra over the PA for a good 45 minutes or so before coming on stage. Got so bad the crowd started a pit and moshed to Frank Sinatra lol Would have loved to see Frank show up and see that.  :kopfpatsch:

I can't recall what Gwar played on the PA the last time I saw them. I just remember Exodus completely destroying the place. I really would not have wanted to follow them. Nope..that was Anthrax....never mind, nothing to see here

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
  • If thine eyes decieve thee, pluck them out!
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2014, 10:19:34 am »
I can't recall what Gwar played on the PA the last time I saw them. I just remember Exodus completely destroying the place. I really would not have wanted to follow them. Nope..that was Anthrax....never mind, nothing to see here
lol Exodus did tear it up on that Gwar Anthrax tour. Gwar Anthrax did also, twas a great show all around.

• Deadly Lullabye
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2014, 12:11:54 pm »
lol Exodus did tear it up on that Gwar Anthrax tour. Gwar Anthrax did also, twas a great show all around.

I realized halfway through typing that I had the wrong show. I saw Gwar in the same venue. There show was so over the top I remember very little about it other than it was completely awesome...and they chopped up Hitler on stage.

Offline motorcitymadman

• Unborn
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2015, 08:35:29 am »
I checked out the songs I was unfamiliar with Uriah Heap, etc. and I liked it but that wasn't what I remembered hearing that I wanted to look into. It was heavier stuff that was playing quite a time before even Jess & the Ancient Ones took the stage. Ring any bells?

Offline Count Jonah

• Desecrator Of Souls
  • +++++
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2015, 07:04:04 pm »
Visigoth is probably the heaviest stuff they played over the PA.
"And I'm just the devil with love to spare
Viva Las Vegas Viva Las Vegas" - The King