Author Topic: Questions on DVD and re-issue bonus materials  (Read 1883 times)

Offline ElektroDragon

• Unclean Spirit
Questions on DVD and re-issue bonus materials
« on: December 15, 2014, 10:14:16 pm »
Hey guys, I have some questions!

1) Around 2009 there was talk of a King Diamond DVD being released "as late as early 2010".  This never actually happened, right?

2) I just bought the 4 recent remasters (HoG, Voodoo, Graveyard, and Spider's).  Some of them mention the CD-ROM extras but they aren't there.  I read an article about the extras being of poor quality and ruining sound quality so they were axed, but it was mentioned they'd be made available for download instead.  Were they?  And if so where?

Thanks!  And yes, I tried searching, no help!

Offline Beelzebub

• The mother of postwhores!
  • SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
Re: Questions on DVD and re-issue bonus materials
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 03:01:36 pm »
1) 2009? try 2004! I joined the coven in august of '05 inquiring about the dvds I had heard of the year before. So NO, they were never released. There have been are many threads and bolivarmaxi posts about them!

http://www.kingdiamondcoven.com/CWWforum/index.php?topic=2431.0
http://www.kingdiamondcoven.com/CWWforum/index.php?topic=3545.0
http://www.kingdiamondcoven.com/CWWforum/index.php?topic=5980.0

2) Yeah, they were available for download, and you didn't even need a special code to do so. I had the files but lost them when my computer crashed last year. The quality lacked a bit, if I remember correctly. Surely someone here still has them. I did transfer them to dvd originally, but the upconvert doesn't do any miracles!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 03:04:10 pm by Beelzebub »
As of October 2017, number of years I've been a coven member, waiting for the dvds: 12

Offline pain23

• Unborn
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 04:36:12 pm »
  I would like to see an official release of live material on DVD but really want a making of documentary on the making of the new album guitars and vocals. Would also like a guitar instructional video with Andy, Mike and King playing some guitar too. These guys are too good on guitar to not have it, these guys are ignored for the most part in the US and it's a shame. Think of all the guitar greats, Andy is in the top ten for sure his style is unique and amazing.They should break down how to play the whole Dreams of Horror CD  \m/

Offline The Betrayer King

• Victim Of The Coven
  • I'm going to hell in every religion
    • My band
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 06:02:35 pm »
  I would like to see an official release of live material on DVD but really want a making of documentary on the making of the new album guitars and vocals. Would also like a guitar instructional video with Andy, Mike and King playing some guitar too. These guys are too good on guitar to not have it, these guys are ignored for the most part in the US and it's a shame. Think of all the guitar greats, Andy is in the top ten for sure his style is unique and amazing.They should break down how to play the whole Dreams of Horror CD  \m/

Let's wait for the King to decide well his things. But I'm also willing to say that I'm completely with this opinion. THERE IS a way to make the King bigger and is us the fans who can make it happen.

He will give us soon some news, let him rest a while, he just finished his US tour, and I'm sure there is some cool stuff coming soon

So as my king say, Stay Heavy AND Stay tuned, never forget to spread the word of "Le Roi"!!

Keep on heavy

Offline Beast_Regards

• Mad Arab
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2015, 05:24:06 pm »
Regarding the reissue videos links are included on the back of each album to download the files as .mp4s and they're pretty good to have!  (Think of them as like pro-shot bootleg videos)

They weren't included on disc because they didn't want the quality of the videos to be compromised (compressed) any further. 
THIS PLACE IS TERRIBLE!

Offline Count Jonah

• Desecrator Of Souls
  • +++++
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2015, 09:31:12 am »
They should have put them on a Bonus disc like on the Road Runner Anniversary releases. But meh, those particular videos are easy to find. Now video footage of a Mercyful Fate concert or backstage Abigail tour footage, that is a different story.  :king:
"And I'm just the devil with love to spare
Viva Las Vegas Viva Las Vegas" - The King