Author Topic: king Diamond on mayhem fest?  (Read 7757 times)

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Superpostwhore
  • If thine eyes decieve thee, pluck them out!
king Diamond on mayhem fest?
« on: March 16, 2015, 09:06:32 pm »
So I read on one of the metal sites just now that king is rumored to be on this years mayhem fest with slayer and some other bands I don't care about much. Any confirmation to this anywhere? I was going to post the article but my kindle is acting up on me and the site keeps crashing.

Offline DirtbikeDave917

• The Puppetmaster
Re: king Diamond on mayhem fest?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 07:33:40 am »
I seen that article yesterday too and as much as I want him to come back I hope he doesn't do that festival. half the people that would go to that festival dont know king and don't care and when that happens they are distracting the people who want to see king.

Offline Count Jonah

• Desecrator Of Souls
  • +++++
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 12:39:18 pm »
Why so negative brah? These could be possible King converts!  :king:

I saw this first on Facebook along with a lot of other stuff.
I'm guessing details loose ends are still tied up, deals hammered out before it's going to be ,made official dark powers that be. This should be very interesting.  \m/
"And I'm just the devil with love to spare
Viva Las Vegas Viva Las Vegas" - The King

Offline DirtbikeDave917

• The Puppetmaster
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 07:46:23 pm »
That's true Jonah.  :king:
Note to self...stay positive

I'll be up front anyway.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 08:09:15 pm by DirtbikeDave917 »

Offline U-94

• Up From The Grave
  • "Frankly, I had enjoyed the war."
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2015, 12:00:06 pm »
Well that would mean a new album was finished by then, wouldn't it?

A new album should be #1 priority all across the board and no one seems to care. I just read an interview with his drummer and the interviewer didn't even ask about it. Incredibly aggravating. It's been 2 years since the MetalBlade deal and all we hear about is how great the home studio is.

New album >>>>>>>>>>>>>> any tours on any continent

Offline bolivarmaxi

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2015, 02:38:15 pm »

A new album should be #1 priority all across the board and no one seems to care. I just read an interview with his drummer and the interviewer didn't even ask about it. Incredibly aggravating. It's been 2 years since the MetalBlade deal and all we hear about is how great the home studio is.

I think king is still working in the new album I hope Livia or the other guys give us some update
BAMT

Offline Madhatter

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2015, 03:44:39 pm »

I'll be at the Mansfield, MA show!
And the blood shall flow free like words... And the bones will form stairs to the future...

Offline Davidk

• Mandrake
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2015, 05:22:54 pm »
 I too saw a few reports today & that poster above , looks like slayer headlining with king right before with a full set !!
   This is great as KING can bring out the full stage set & get the band in front of bigger crowds , no way you can not be a Metal fan & realize how great this band is when you see them ....

If it gets a bigger crowd & finally breaks king in the states for bigger shows , i'm all for it !  :cool:

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Superpostwhore
  • If thine eyes decieve thee, pluck them out!
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2015, 10:48:39 pm »
I sure hope they come up in my area if its true. Be the perfect lineup if Venom was on it, but two out of three of my top three aren't too bad.

Offline Painkiller

• Up From The Grave
  • Rocking the Night Away
    • Forces of Steel
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2015, 03:12:48 am »
That flyer is honestly pretty nauseating. That's all I'm going to post for now.

Offline Madhatter

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2015, 04:49:27 am »
I too saw a few reports today & that poster above , looks like slayer headlining with king right before with a full set !!
   This is great as KING can bring out the full stage set & get the band in front of bigger crowds , no way you can not be a Metal fan & realize how great this band is when you see them ....

If it gets a bigger crowd & finally breaks king in the states for bigger shows , i'm all for it !  :cool:

Exactly!  :king:
And the blood shall flow free like words... And the bones will form stairs to the future...

Offline Chagosomar

• Angel Of Light
  • "Moonchild!!! Hear the mandrake scream!"
    • Deadly Fujow. A dark ambient project
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2015, 12:16:00 pm »
damn i wish there were more bands on there that i cared about, but I'm happy King will be out playing again.

Offline Davidk

• Mandrake
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2015, 05:56:05 pm »
damn i wish there were more bands on there that i cared about, but I'm happy King will be out playing again.

Yeh , i would just go & see the last two bands for a bill like that , i Certainly wish they could get one more killer metal band on right before King .

Offline Count Jonah

• Desecrator Of Souls
  • +++++
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2015, 10:37:02 pm »

I'd much rather King Diamond take their time to write and record a masterpiece instead of rushing the release of a mediocre album. A tour would be a great way for the band to bounce ideas off of each other and maybe even rehearse....or ::gasp:: perform new songs! Think of all the energy that they will have to feed off of each other and the fans, must be much better than doing that sort of thing with half of the band being on the other side of the Atlantic. How many great albums have come about from bands formulating ideas at live shows?  \m/

Offline Count Jonah

• Desecrator Of Souls
  • +++++
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2015, 10:49:49 pm »
I think king is still working in the new album I hope Livia or the other guys give us some update

One thing THEY would not need to work (much) on would be the DVD compilations, everything has already been filmed and is ready for consumption by us starved and demanding fans.  :D  \m/  :king:

Offline Marzey

• Up From The Grave
    • Facebook
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2015, 01:58:51 am »
One thing THEY would not need to work (much) on would be the DVD compilations, everything has already been filmed and is ready for consumption by us starved and demanding fans.  :D  \m/  :king:

:D :king:

Offline Livia Zita

• Band
    • Livia's Artsy Stuff
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2015, 09:50:19 am »

I think this forum messed me up.... Every time I read the word "DVD" anywhere on here, my eyes automatically dart to the username, checking if it's Bolivarmaxi.  :D
Working in the backgrounds :)

Offline Azalin

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Blood For Master
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2015, 10:17:26 am »
I think this forum messed me up.... Every time I read the word "DVD" anywhere on here, my eyes automatically dart to the username, checking if it's Bolivarmaxi.  :D

:P

You're not the only one.
Lady, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave the store....

- Ash, housewares

Offline KingOfTheRotten

• The King Of Diamonds
  • WHOA YAEE!!!
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2015, 03:57:54 pm »
Fucking a! I am there with you Livia! It is kinda fucked up if you think about it, but it is the truth xD

Offline Count Jonah

• Desecrator Of Souls
  • +++++
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2015, 02:47:50 am »
And the tragic nature of all of this is that a DVD movie of Bolivarmaxi's life story, complete with major studio financing and state of the art CGI may come out well before the KD/MF compillation DVDs.  :(

Offline Count Jonah

• Desecrator Of Souls
  • +++++
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2015, 02:57:32 am »
And let us not forget the OTHER "elephant in the room", this possible tour. Now I've heard some rumors that it's only for Europe and that there might only be one show for KD? Seems odd if that were the case since so many of the bands on that poster appear to be from the USA.

Offline Beelzebub

• The mother of postwhores!
  • SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2015, 05:56:12 am »
And let us not forget the OTHER "elephant in the room", this possible tour. Now I've heard some rumors that it's only for Europe and that there might only be one show for KD? Seems odd if that were the case since so many of the bands on that poster appear to be from the USA.

What? Mayhem fest has always been a US tour.
We usually get a few, if not most of the bands at Heavy MTL in august. But since the date is not part of the Mayhem tour, there's no guarantee on who'll be there. Since KD was here 5 months ago, I doubt it for Montreal.
As of October 2017, number of years I've been a coven member, waiting for the dvds: 12

Offline Chagosomar

• Angel Of Light
  • "Moonchild!!! Hear the mandrake scream!"
    • Deadly Fujow. A dark ambient project
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2015, 11:25:41 am »
What? Mayhem fest has always been a US tour.
We usually get a few, if not most of the bands at Heavy MTL in august. But since the date is not part of the Mayhem tour, there's no guarantee on who'll be there. Since KD was here 5 months ago, I doubt it for Montreal.
thinking about hitting up Heavy MTL this year. excellent line up.

Offline Invisible Boy

• Haunted
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2015, 10:38:06 pm »

I've heard from a couple sources that Slayer/King Diamond on Mayhem is a done deal.  I hope this is true!!

Offline krisjay

• Holy Shrine
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2015, 09:00:25 am »
Frankly, I hate the lineup. Will I go to see King Diamond, hell yes, will I probably leave after KD, most likely. I've never really been a Slayer fan and the bottom of the lineup isn't exciting me either. However it is a chance to see King, so I will be there if this ends up true.