Author Topic: Mayhem Festival Tour 2015 - King Diamond  (Read 45246 times)

Offline Amidiatus

• Desecrator Of Souls
Re: Mayhem Festival Tour 2015 - King Diamond
« Reply #100 on: July 08, 2015, 01:13:22 pm »
Anyway,the fact remains the same.King Diamond is the only legendary metal artist that hasn't released a live dvd-bluray.
Sorry for bitching about it...
Hey guys!!! ME - AMIDIATUS from Ukraine has already done blue-ray of King Diamond live show! I was at Stadium Live arena in Moscow and with the help of the other fans I managed to MAKE 20 cameras multicam of the show. All angles, close ups and so on!!! 12 Gb, 1280/720 and 1hour 17min. By the way King and Livia have the copy of the show on DVD. I sent them by post more than a year ago. But because of their business no answer yet. So I can't post it for now. :kopfpatsch:
There is the trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhsCqfLQifMÂ

Offline Chagosomar

• Angel Of Light
  • "Moonchild!!! Hear the mandrake scream!"
    • Deadly Fujow. A dark ambient project
« Reply #101 on: July 08, 2015, 05:17:19 pm »
Hey guys!!! ME - AMIDIATUS from Ukraine has already done blue-ray of King Diamond live show! I was at Stadium Live arena in Moscow and with the help of the other fans I managed to MAKE 20 cameras multicam of the show. All angles, close ups and so on!!! 12 Gb, 1280/720 and 1hour 17min. By the way King and Livia have the copy of the show on DVD. I sent them by post more than a year ago. But because of their business no answer yet. So I can't post it for now. :kopfpatsch:
There is the trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhsCqfLQifM
Awesome job!

Offline Count Jonah

• Desecrator Of Souls
  • +++++
« Reply #102 on: July 09, 2015, 12:01:11 am »
There's no need to be ironic.And also King really doesn't need his ass being kissed by anyone.Nothing wrong for a tiny little muttering from a 40-year-old die-hard fan.
Anyway,the fact remains the same.King Diamond is the only legendary metal artist that hasn't released a live dvd-bluray.
Sorry for bitching about it...

Ass kissing? I said nothing of the sort. And there are no witches and goats nearby...or are they?  :D:

And irony is one of the few coping mechanisms I have for there being no DVD releases of Mercyful Fate live in 1982 or pro-shot footage of the Them tour or behind the scenes footage of King and Anton LaVey singing "Sympathy For The Devil".  :king:
"And I'm just the devil with love to spare
Viva Las Vegas Viva Las Vegas" - The King

Offline Painkiller

• Up From The Grave
  • Rocking the Night Away
    • Forces of Steel
« Reply #103 on: July 09, 2015, 01:27:02 am »
Not assuming the role of a moderator here, but I think you guys should stop arguing about "it". It doesn't help anyone to keep retreading the same bullshit.

King Diamond doesn't always have the full input as to what gets released, so we should be grateful for what we already have so far. There are already a few official DVDs that have been bundled with certain album reissues, so there's at least something that ISN'T all just bootlegs in this case. If you want to complain, take it to the labels for not doing their part in the past. For example, Metal Blade Records had the potential to make Mercyful Fate's 1993 live EP into a whole set, but they picked only certain tracks. To make matters worse, a few songs off In the Shadows were given more importance than the live recordings contained. It's not the band's fault -- they don't owe any of us anything. Period.

Also, no matter how good the playback quality may be, a live recording will NEVER compare to actually seeing the band in person. I think all that energy spent on complaining about what "needs" to be released should be channeled through the music itself. If you want to watch an old Mercyful Fate show from 1983, go look it up on YouTube. End of debate.

Anyway, does anyone have a picture of the band's set from last night? Due to a severe eye infection, King Diamond wasn't allowed to wear anything on his face. Curious to look.

Offline Bub

• Global Moderator
  • Doomed by the living dead!
« Reply #104 on: July 09, 2015, 07:27:16 am »
Not assuming the role of a moderator here, but I think you guys should stop arguing about "it". It doesn't help anyone to keep retreading the same bullshit.

amen!

Anyway, does anyone have a picture of the band's set from last night? Due to a severe eye infection, King Diamond wasn't allowed to wear anything on his face. Curious to look.

The Greek coven  \m/ posted them on their facebook (and they took these pictures from www.therave.com )
https://www.facebook.com/HellenicCovenÂ
nah

Offline Livia Zita

• Band
    • Livia's Artsy Stuff
« Reply #105 on: July 09, 2015, 08:25:32 am »
...  or behind the scenes footage of King and Anton LaVey singing "Sympathy For The Devil".  :king:

?
Working in the backgrounds :)

Offline Count Jonah

• Desecrator Of Souls
  • +++++
« Reply #106 on: July 09, 2015, 08:54:06 am »
Wait....what, that footage doesn't exist? Well I and many other fans would still would like to see and buy that other MF/KD footage on DVD.

Offline Count Jonah

• Desecrator Of Souls
  • +++++
« Reply #107 on: July 09, 2015, 09:08:15 am »

King Diamond doesn't always have the full input as to what gets released, so we should be grateful for what we already have so far. There are already a few official DVDs that have been bundled with certain album reissues, so there's at least something that ISN'T all just bootlegs in this case. If you want to complain, take it to the labels for not doing their part in the past. For example, Metal Blade Records had the potential to make Mercyful Fate's 1993 live EP into a whole set, but they picked only certain tracks. To make matters worse, a few songs off In the Shadows were given more importance than the live recordings contained. It's not the band's fault -- they don't owe any of us anything. Period.

Also, no matter how good the playback quality may be, a live recording will NEVER compare to actually seeing the band in person. I think all that energy spent on complaining about what "needs" to be released should be channeled through the music itself. If you want to watch an old Mercyful Fate show from 1983, go look it up on YouTube. End of debate.

It's not bull shit. How can those classic shows be bullshit? I was not old enough nor tuned into KD/MF nor anywhere near Denmark in the early 1980's to have attended those shows. Unless you have a time machine, this is the next best thing.

Of course I am familiar with the 1983 Holland show, I've been watching it since 1999, long before Youtube. I'm talking about the 1982 show that they have footage from, and maybe other pro shot footage, or the unholy grail: footage of the 1984 USA tour maybe? As well as pro shot footage from the early KD shows which the band claims no one has seen before.

We have tried contacting Metal Blade about the DVD releases before. There was even a whole topic encouraging people to write in years ago. Given that Metal Blade can make some money on this, and that they even advertised the release of the DVDs once before, I firmly believe the ball is in King's court on this one. It's not so much as arguing as it is appealing to the King to release the DVDs that were talked about before and many of the hardcore fans have been dying to see. And I'm not just talking about "he who shall not be named" here. You others may dismiss this all you want, but if this was released tomorrow, you would be first in line to buy it.  :icon_twisted: :king:

Offline Bub

• Global Moderator
« Reply #108 on: July 09, 2015, 10:00:02 am »
Enough!

And ontopic...Mayhem Festival Tour 2015!  \m/

The talk about a possible dvd/ blu ray whatever..it has been discussed enough. It's a bore.
Complain to the record companies.

End of discussion!

Ontopic please. Thanks for listening.   :cool:

« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 10:00:44 am by Bub »
nah

Offline Amidiatus

• Desecrator Of Souls
« Reply #109 on: July 09, 2015, 01:00:33 pm »
wow!!! just looked at the pics with King without makeup during the show and that looks really cool))) Not better definately but spesial. King is the best!!!
BE HEALTHY our MASTER! :king: :king: :king:

Offline Tuwin

• Global Moderator
  • 18 is actually 9
« Reply #110 on: July 10, 2015, 11:07:58 pm »
I bought a shirt from the Mayhem Fest show in in Seattle but the dude gave me a small instead of a large. I didn't realize it until I had already driven 9 hours home  :kopfpatsch: Sunofa ...

I did buy some shorts as well, and I love those.

Offline Bub

• Global Moderator
« Reply #111 on: July 11, 2015, 12:20:57 am »
I bought a shirt from the Mayhem Fest show in in Seattle but the dude gave me a small instead of a large. I didn't realize it until I had already driven 9 hours home  :kopfpatsch: Sunofa ...

I did buy some shorts as well, and I love those.

If you cut an extra hole in the bottom of these shorts, stick your arms through the leg pipe thingy (whatever it's called in English) and than stick your head...aaah, never mind.   :gah:

At least you had a great time at the gig!   \m/
nah

Offline Tuwin

• Global Moderator
  • 18 is actually 9
« Reply #112 on: July 11, 2015, 12:49:58 am »
haha I just might have to try that. They are basketball style shorts that are a few sizes too big, so they are super comfy to wear around the house as PJ's. I dig them. I also did get the correct size Mayhem Fest shirt with all the tour dates, so that makes me feel better. I just loved the King shirt I got. Black and white with King singing into the mic on the front, tour dates on the back.

Offline Salaminizer

• Unclean Spirit
« Reply #113 on: July 11, 2015, 02:17:35 pm »
So I went to see KD/Slayer yesterday in Indy. Absolutely amazing performance from the band and King. King actually did the show with no makeup!

Offline Tuwin

• Global Moderator
  • 18 is actually 9
« Reply #114 on: July 11, 2015, 03:32:33 pm »
So I went to see KD/Slayer yesterday in Indy. Absolutely amazing performance from the band and King. King actually did the show with no makeup!

I'm jealous you got to see King perform with no makeup. A cool thing to say you witnessed.  :king:

Offline Firetech

• Unborn
« Reply #115 on: July 12, 2015, 12:50:42 am »
I just got home after 4 hour drive from Mayhem fest in Clarkston, MI and The King was AWESOME  :king: even without the makeup. I've been a diehard fan of King Diamond/Mercyful Fate from the first time I heard The 7th Day of July 1777 so for them to play that song tonight was absolutely killer  \m/ ROCK ON MY MASTER

p.s. Only thing I really wish I could have gotten a picture with the band.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 12:55:35 am by Firetech »

Offline nikrickkingfan

• Unborn
« Reply #116 on: July 12, 2015, 08:31:45 pm »
I went to the Detroit show on Saturday had a blast and it was my very first King show!!

Offline camarochick

• Superpostwhore
  • Toward the Unknown
« Reply #117 on: July 13, 2015, 09:49:43 am »
Finally after all these years I had the opportunity to see KD. About damn time everything didn't end up a catastrophic failure for once and I was able to make it happen (some issues this time too but got it covered). Any time I've ever had a chance, even ticket in hand, something for some reason had always made it impossible for me to attend a KD or MF show (never has ever been the case with any other artists, naturally). I'm so glad I went. I went late but was there for the whole KD set. I've not been at that venue for years and forgot how awful the place is (it was not designed with acoustics in mind) but the band sounded fantastic despite the place being akin to a tin can.  King's vocals were nothing less than impressive,  and I'd challenge the majority of vocalists half his age and younger to do better.  The man's pipes are in better shape than I could've imagined.  I ended up checking out some of slayer before I ducked out (was there, may as well) and they're not awful but it's not the same level as king diamond. Although I was surprised there weren't more attendees. Maybe due to a Sunday people couldn't make it but part of it may have been location as the venue is a fair distance from the city of Chicago.  Better for me though cause I'm very close but I did overhear a lot of people complaining about the trip/ability to find transportation as public transit on the weekend is non existent in the southwest burbs. 

Offline Davidk

• Mandrake
« Reply #118 on: July 15, 2015, 01:50:07 pm »
Just saw King Diamond last night in San Bernardino! Every instrument was superb! King's vocal are still going strong. And what a stage show! It worked really well on a larger stage, the haunted house background looked so real; they should have kept it up longer than a couple of songs. Miss the days of King doing pyro. I don't know why Slayer gets to and not KD? Permit cost? Glad that Jodi was able to come along. Always love seeing her antics onstage. Does Livia usually not sing on the Eye? I noticed she was missing from the stage during that song. Sadly I was not close enough to the stage to see Matt's glass shattering trick.

It was an exceptional performance. My only complaint is the setlist. And no "You can't please everyone and include every song" argument holds water. There was literally nothing from this century! Why not stand behind and represent the albums you are doing now and putting out for the fans to buy? I'm sure there were some new converts out there at Mayhem Fest, and every time I meet younger fans, they are always wondering about new albums coming out. This setlist seems to say. "yeah we stopped making albums in 1997". Abigail is my favorite album of ALL time, but for a shortened set, three songs were unnecessary. "7th Day Of July 1777" was an awesome treat, but they could have dropped or shortened Black Horsemen. Consider axeing also "Evil" or "Come To The Sabbath...it is a KD show after all, and put in maybe a medley of songs from later day albums like "The Storm" and "Darkness" not to mention the fan favorite, but never heard live "LOA House". It's not about making everyone happy, it's just having a set list that is more balanced and representative of the whole King Diamond era, rather than just being greatest hits period piece.

All in all, I had a great time. There were a lot of people there in KD shirts and even MF shirts. I wouldn't say that people left after KD, actually more people came in right after KD's set. Oh well, it's their loss. Slayer was great as well. I will never get all the hate towards them. Slayer and KD are among the few metal bands that have remained dedicated to their principle sound throughout the years.

A lot of good pints here , i would agree take out Evil & Sabbath & add in more KD stuff , it has to be a hard position for King & the band to make a setlist  & i am sure they are trying to put out a strong set to win over new fans while they are in front of them .
   give me your soul & puppetmaster are pretty great albums  & a shame they can't fit a bunch of that stuff in , but i'm just happy they are playing these bigger venues  , it's a moment all us fans have been hoping for ..................... for a LONG time  \m/

Offline Davidk

• Mandrake
« Reply #119 on: July 15, 2015, 02:04:13 pm »
haha I just might have to try that. They are basketball style shorts that are a few sizes too big, so they are super comfy to wear around the house as PJ's. I dig them. I also did get the correct size Mayhem Fest shirt with all the tour dates, so that makes me feel better. I just loved the King shirt I got. Black and white with King singing into the mic on the front, tour dates on the back.

Cool you did get another shirt & the shorts  \m/   are the shorts soft cotton , or more of a nylon type material ?

Thanks to everyone for the show reviews  :king:

Offline Blackest

• Victimized
  • Sleepless Nights
« Reply #120 on: July 16, 2015, 04:44:36 am »
Hi, any news about the eye infection? Is it starting to heal?

Offline Tuwin

• Global Moderator
  • 18 is actually 9
« Reply #121 on: July 16, 2015, 08:30:57 am »
Cool you did get another shirt & the shorts  \m/   are the shorts soft cotton , or more of a nylon type material ?

Thanks to everyone for the show reviews  :king:

They are more of a smooth, silky style, not cotton. They are sleek. My favorite thing to wear after work now :)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 08:31:21 am by Tuwin »

Offline Bub

• Global Moderator
« Reply #122 on: July 16, 2015, 09:55:03 am »
Hi, any news about the eye infection? Is it starting to heal?

Apparently he's doing fine. He wore make up again yesterday, during the Toronto show.    \m/

nah

Offline Blackest

• Victimized
  • Sleepless Nights
« Reply #123 on: July 16, 2015, 03:26:33 pm »
Apparently he's doing fine. He wore make up again yesterday, during the Toronto show.    \m/
Ok, that's a great news, I'm really happy!
Thanks for answering!  :)

Offline baca

• Just A Shadow
« Reply #124 on: July 18, 2015, 01:04:11 pm »
Hey you cowboys/cowgirls from Texas !

Any cool tips for two brothers who are soon on their way to San Antonio - Houston - Dallas ???

Rock On !!!
Diamond Brothers