Author Topic: Mayhem Festival Tour 2015 - King Diamond  (Read 45496 times)

Offline Invisible Boy

• Haunted
Re: Mayhem Festival Tour 2015 - King Diamond
« Reply #125 on: July 18, 2015, 01:04:32 pm »
As long as Mercyful Fate is not touring, I think King Diamond shows should still have a couple Mercyful Fate songs.  It has been sixteen years since they have toured, and those songs should be played live. 

Offline Davidk

• Mandrake
« Reply #126 on: July 18, 2015, 04:25:58 pm »
They are more of a smooth, silky style, not cotton. They are sleek. My favorite thing to wear after work now :)

awesome , thanks for the info !  :)

Offline Davidk

• Mandrake
« Reply #127 on: July 18, 2015, 04:27:05 pm »
Apparently he's doing fine. He wore make up again yesterday, during the Toronto show.    \m/

Killer photo !!   \m/ \m/

Offline Fefen

• Unborn
« Reply #128 on: July 18, 2015, 07:21:38 pm »
Going to the show next weekend in Mansfield, MA and curious if anyone has done the "Ultimate Mayhem Backstage Experience" and can share their thoughts on it. I've seen a few folks ask earlier in the tour but with no replies. Hoping to hear if you can take pictures with King as part of the meet and greet and if any one has any pictures or details of the guitar that you get.

Thanks and All Hail the King!

Offline KevDiamond823

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #129 on: July 19, 2015, 08:07:22 am »
Going to the show in mass as well. I've seen people post pictures on kings Facebook account of them with him from the ultimate package, as much as I would of liked to meet him couldn't get all 5 of us to pay 700 each just for that.

Offline Livia Zita

• Band
    • Livia's Artsy Stuff
« Reply #130 on: July 19, 2015, 10:25:53 am »
Going to the show next weekend in Mansfield, MA and curious if anyone has done the "Ultimate Mayhem Backstage Experience" and can share their thoughts on it. I've seen a few folks ask earlier in the tour but with no replies. Hoping to hear if you can take pictures with King as part of the meet and greet and if any one has any pictures or details of the guitar that you get.

Thanks and All Hail the King!

Yes, you can take pictures with the whole band, get autographs, and chat for a bit. :)

As for the rest of the package, I'm not sure what it's like.
Working in the backgrounds :)

Offline Felicia

• Just A Shadow
« Reply #131 on: July 20, 2015, 10:00:25 pm »
Hi... I am not going to the shows in the northeast this tour. Dont get me wrong love the music ..hate outdoor festivals..and as a fan of many years have seen this many times before! Waiting for a new album.

Btw..I have also read the several posts here concerning DVDs..lol..its passe .. I mean damn I watch movies on my device now.. Time to get updated with the present :) Personally I feel that opportunity was missed long ago no need to be crazy over bootlegs and such just utube alone has a ton of live footage from this tour to 1983 mercyful fate . Also as I'm old enough to remember certain people sold bootlegs on the board and nothing was ever said back then.

Best wishes for a safe and happy tour..(truely no ass kissing here ;)  )...

Offline fateicon

• Unclean Spirit
« Reply #132 on: July 22, 2015, 02:02:33 pm »
Saw King in Tinley. Brilliant show! From back where we were you couldn't really tell he didn't have his makeup on. King's voice does really sound better than ever. The harmonies blended real well whether it was wih Livia or possibly backing tracks mixed in. It's definitely 100% live singing unlike a lot of the pop concerts my wife has brought me along to lately. Some parts of those songs are very tricky and technical to sing, requiring a ton of precision and the few times King did get tripped up a little were the same moments in those songs that trip me up. They may be inhumanly possible to sing with perfection. Nowadays being a King fan is very acceptable. It's not like 15-20 years ago where even among Metal fans I knew here or online it was kinda taboo to be into King or Mercy. All those people who questioned it back then have King on their ipod now.

One of these days I hope King adds some stuff like LOA House, Egypt, and Into the Unknown into the set. To me Egypt is just as important as Evil or Come To The Sabbath. This was the song that helped break King to people who were too young to be into the bands in the 80s. Probably the most commercial song Mercyful Fate or King ever did along with Is That You Melissa. Egypt was on the 103.5 station here a lot in Summer of 93. Black Devil is another song I'd like to see back in the set. Thought it worked brilliantly on the House of God tour I saw at House of Blues.

Offline Livia Zita

• Band
    • Livia's Artsy Stuff
« Reply #133 on: July 23, 2015, 01:41:43 am »
The harmonies blended real well whether it was wih Livia or possibly backing tracks mixed in. It's definitely 100% live singing unlike a lot of the pop concerts my wife has brought me along to lately. 

Just so you know, all lead vocals are done by King and all harmonies and backings are done by me. There are no vocals playing from recordings/playback.

The only thing that plays from recordings are the keyboards for Eye of the Witch and 7th Day of July 1777 (and of course the intro to the Candle and the outro Insanity).

Offline fateicon

• Unclean Spirit
« Reply #134 on: July 24, 2015, 04:37:33 pm »
On some live video of Tea I had seen from a couple years back it sounded like added harmonies from backing tracks and I didn't like that much. Could have been some kinda vocal effect too, I have several pieces of hardware and plugins that create pretty realistic doubles and triples. I imagine King has even better stuff, plus a soundman who can route things all kinds of ways. Livia, I'm so glad you are able to blend your own harmonies so naturally because it really adds a lot to the show. When I've seen Pop bands live in recent years it sounds like they brought every vocal overdub from their studio sessions and added it live. My wife showed me a video of Madonna performing Ghost Town on some show and it sounded too much like the studio version, like they hooked up Pro Tools and booted up the album session as if they were in the studio.

Did anyone else think King was the draw here? The crowd was so much more into King than Slayer. There's a lot of articles saying that the Mayhem tour isn't doing so well. Sister Sin was the only other band I cared to see besides King and Slayer. But even they aren't on par with what came before. Sinergy really perfected that type of sound with Suicide By My Side and if only the tour with King had gone through in 2002, maybe Sinergy would've stayed functional. Jungle Rot has a lot of good songs but I didn't hear much of any of them in their set. Too many of the other bands are just a bunch of generic extreme Metal without any real memorable creativity or hooks. It's really the complete opposite of King and Slayer in just about every single way.

Offline camarochick

• Superpostwhore
  • Toward the Unknown
« Reply #135 on: July 24, 2015, 09:58:51 pm »
I had to laugh when you mentioned 103.5 in the early 90s, those were the good old days! 

I was at tinley show as well and thought king was the main draw.  I wasn't able to see the other bands earlier but it sure looked to me that people were (like myself) coming in specifically for the kd portion.  Naturally slayer was a draw but looked like several people took off after KD and not too long after slayer started. I'm guessing other spots on the tour have been this way as well but I could be wrong.  Perhaps some other coveners can provide a little insight.....

Offline Invisible Boy

• Haunted
« Reply #136 on: July 26, 2015, 02:15:02 am »
I really don't know if King Diamond was the main draw, but it was either King Diamond or Slayer.  I was at the Chicago show.  I got there about 20 minutes before King Diamond started, and watched both King Diamond and Slayer and it seemed to be more or less equal.  It doesn't really matter.  Both King Diamond and Slayer are great bands. 
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 11:28:58 pm by Invisible Boy »

Offline Tuwin

• Global Moderator
  • 18 is actually 9
« Reply #137 on: July 27, 2015, 11:51:13 am »
Slayer was definitely the draw in Seattle, but there was a nice chunk of King fans there. I think there were a lot more King Diamond fans after the show. Lots of new King Diamond merchandise on display as everyone was trying to leave after the show.

Offline VoltronLions

• Holy Shrine
    • 2coolghouls.com
« Reply #138 on: July 27, 2015, 10:30:46 pm »
I attended the concert in Camden NJ on July 17 I bought tickets to see King Diamond and it was my first time seeing him live. Show was AMAZING! Set list below

The Candle
Sleepless Nights
Eye of the Witch
Welcome Home
Tea / Digging Graves / A Visit from the Dead
Evil
(Mercyful Fate cover)
Come to the Sabbath
(Mercyful Fate cover)
The Family Ghost
The 7th Day of July 1777
Black Horsemen

I hope King comes out with a new album soon.
+check out my Scary Masks, Monster Toys and Halloween galore+

www.2CoolGhouls.com

Offline krisjay

• Holy Shrine
« Reply #139 on: August 02, 2015, 12:44:50 pm »
I am sorry, but Kerry King's insinuation that King Diamond is not a headliner absoloutley infuriated me. I've never cared for Slayer's sound the same as every other song crap, and having the nerve to state this while on tour, well that's just an asshole and an idiot. King Diamond blows Slayer off the stage. The nerve to go out on stage and play with King's band and then take cheap shot's like that is beyond unbelievable. Kerry King, you sir are really something special. I can only imagine what the King Diamond camp is feeling about this. I am outraged.

Offline Livia Zita

• Band
    • Livia's Artsy Stuff
« Reply #140 on: August 02, 2015, 01:40:36 pm »
I am sorry, but Kerry King's insinuation that King Diamond is not a headliner absoloutley infuriated me. I've never cared for Slayer's sound the same as every other song crap, and having the nerve to state this while on tour, well that's just an asshole and an idiot. King Diamond blows Slayer off the stage. The nerve to go out on stage and play with King's band and then take cheap shot's like that is beyond unbelievable. Kerry King, you sir are really something special. I can only imagine what the King Diamond camp is feeling about this. I am outraged.

?

Offline Invisible Boy

• Haunted
« Reply #141 on: August 02, 2015, 02:36:18 pm »

Technically, Slayer IS the headliner.  King Diamond is the main support.

Offline Tuwin

• Global Moderator
  • 18 is actually 9
« Reply #142 on: August 03, 2015, 08:28:25 am »
I read an interview where he spoke openly about how he felt regarding Mayhem Fest, but I didn't take away any hate towards King Diamond.

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Superpostwhore
  • If thine eyes decieve thee, pluck them out!
« Reply #143 on: August 03, 2015, 09:55:39 am »
They just said tgat this was tge last year for Mayhem fest. That kind of sucks, but life goes on I guess.

http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-news/mayhem-fest-co-founder-confirms-2015-is-the-last-year-of-the-tour

Offline Davidk

• Mandrake
« Reply #144 on: August 03, 2015, 10:42:41 am »
I really don't know if King Diamond was the main draw, but it was either King Diamond or Slayer.  I was at the Chicago show.  I got there about 20 minutes before King Diamond started, and watched both King Diamond and Slayer and it seemed to be more or less equal.  It doesn't really matter.  Both King Diamond and Slayer are great bands.

I would agree , i was at the Hartford ct. show & we got there about a half hour before King went on & everyone seemed to be there for Both bands .....
   Just amazing sets by both King & Slayer , i felt bad for the bands as it was so not that day , but what a show !!!  \m/

Offline U-94

• Up From The Grave
  • "Frankly, I had enjoyed the war."
« Reply #145 on: August 03, 2015, 10:49:14 am »
FINALLY. IT IS OVER.

Let the recording of a new studio album begin!!

Offline krisjay

• Holy Shrine
« Reply #146 on: August 03, 2015, 12:07:15 pm »
?
He stated this during an interview, part of the interview is up on Blabbermouth, and other sites. Totally classless in my opinion.

Offline Grace

• Lurker From The Dark
« Reply #147 on: August 03, 2015, 04:38:53 pm »

Not surprised. Kerry has no class and no filter. Combine that with a sociopathic view of his own awesomeness and you get the stupid shit he says on a daily basis. He said even worse things about the other bands he is currently touring with, many of them old Slayer fans. Have met the man through work back in the day, and was less than impressed every time. Plus, the little fucker can't play the guitar properly.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"If thine eyes deceive thee, pluck them out"

Offline Davidk

• Mandrake
« Reply #148 on: August 04, 2015, 05:58:02 pm »
He stated this during an interview, part of the interview is up on Blabbermouth, and other sites. Totally classless in my opinion.

He also called out his own band , what he stated was King was not a headliner as in these types of 20,00o seaters , he also implied neither is Slayer & the festival NEEDED one more big name on the main stage  & a big one to headline the 2nd stage .
  The mayhem fests Slayer has played before they did not headline they usually went on with 1 or two bands after them .
   It's truth , King diamond as a band is doing amazing this past year but the draw right now is 3,000 - 5,000 , but as the word spreads , who knows King may indeed be able to Headline the bigger places in the future ?
   Kerry is just telling it like it is  ...even slayer (at least near boston) only draws 3 - 5,000 & it's probably a lot of the same metal fans .

Offline Marzey

• Up From The Grave
    • Facebook
« Reply #149 on: August 06, 2015, 03:53:52 am »
For a future KD show I would love to hear some special songs that have never been played like "Magic", "Miriam" or even "Poltergeist"  :)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 04:06:31 am by Marzey »