Author Topic: Mayhem Festival Tour 2015 - King Diamond  (Read 37577 times)

Offline Azalin

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Blood For Master
Re: Mayhem Festival Tour 2015 - King Diamond
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2015, 08:17:44 AM »
It's been quite a while since I've been around these parts, but I just got my tickets for Mayhem Fest 2015 in Auburn, Washington. It really made me want to stop by here and say Hails to the King!  :king:

Anyone going to the June 30th show?

Chagosomar moved to Seattle, so I would imagine that he'll likely be there.

good to see you again, BTW  :king:
Lady, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave the store....

- Ash, housewares

Offline Tuwin

• Global Moderator
  • 18 is actually 9
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2015, 09:13:30 AM »
Cool! Good to hear from ya man. Been a while. Hope things are going well for you.

Offline Davidk

• Mandrake
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2015, 09:09:40 AM »
Whose going to what date on Mayhemfest? Any NH or MA goers?  \m/

Was going to hit Mass , but decided on hartford as tix were half the price for the front section ....... just going for King & Slayer .

Offline Chagosomar

• Angel Of Light
  • "Moonchild!!! Hear the mandrake scream!"
    • Deadly Fujow. A dark ambient project
« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2015, 07:25:06 PM »
Chagosomar moved to Seattle, so I would imagine that he'll likely be there.

good to see you again, BTW  :king:

I'm actually skipping the show due to the show location, i hate the auburn amphitheater. Plus I'm saving all my cash for Heavy Montreal in August \m/

Offline Count Jonah

• Desecrator Of Souls
  • +++++
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2015, 10:06:57 PM »
San Bernardino anyone? Anyone at all?  \m/

Well if the rumors are true, I'm sure KD can still satisfy with just an hour. Remember there was only an hour for each band during the KD/MF double headliner tour.

I keep seeing that the fest ends at 11 PM so I'm guessing King Diamond will go on around 8? I hope they bring out "LOA House" or something really heavy and fast to floor all these teeny boopers and jocks in attendance.  :king:
"And I'm just the devil with love to spare
Viva Las Vegas Viva Las Vegas" - The King

Offline Blackest

• Victimized
  • Sleepless Nights
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2015, 04:03:16 AM »
King said that the set-list is around Dreams Of Horror!
I'm too curious! Can we have it posted here (hidden, of course)?

Offline Tuwin

• Global Moderator
  • 18 is actually 9
« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2015, 08:24:07 AM »
I'm actually skipping the show due to the show location, i hate the auburn amphitheater. Plus I'm saving all my cash for Heavy Montreal in August \m/

Oh, really? What don't you like about the White River Amphitheater?

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
  • If thine eyes decieve thee, pluck them out!
« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2015, 11:33:29 AM »
Oh, really? What don't you like about the White River Amphitheater?
I think its a decent place to see a show, but if you don't want to get stuck there for an hour or two after the show you better leave during the encore. The absolute worse parking lot I've ever seen.

Offline Tuwin

• Global Moderator
  • 18 is actually 9
« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2015, 01:25:50 PM »
Oh yea, I would agree with that. The first time I saw Iron Maiden there it took over 2 hours to get out of the parking lot. We also missed the opening act on the way. We were stuck on I-5 for miles. Everybody trying to get to the show. It was a mad house.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 01:26:21 PM by Tuwin »

Offline Nibiru

• Catacomb Crawler
« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2015, 07:35:17 PM »
Tomorrow finally! See you in the pit!  :king:

Offline Invisible Boy

• Haunted
« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2015, 09:47:03 PM »
Set times for the Chicago show:

ROCKSTAR ENERGY DRINK MAIN STAGE
SLAYER 9:45-11:00
KING DIAMOND 8:10-9:10
HELLYEAH 7:05-7:45
THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA 6:05-6:40

VICTORY RECORDS STAGE
FEED HER TO THE SHARKS 7:45-8:05
KISSING CANDICE 6:40-7:00
WHITECHAPEL 5:20-6:00
THY ART IS MURDER 4:40-5:05
JUNGLE ROT 4:00-4:25
SISTER SIN 3:20-3:45
SWORN IN 2:40-3:05
SHATTERED SUN 2:00-2:25
CODE ORANGE 1:20-1:45
COLDCOCK BAND WINNER 1:00-1:15

Offline wildchildelsner

• Voodoo Priest
  • The dreams... They always do come true
« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2015, 05:54:56 PM »
At Mayhem now. Waiting through hours of "hardcore" bull shit. My ears are bleeding but it will totally be worth it!  :king:
"We are Grim Salvation, we play heavy metal and melt faces, now quit gawking and go mental!"

Offline Tuwin

• Global Moderator
  • 18 is actually 9
« Reply #62 on: June 26, 2015, 09:26:44 PM »
I will be doing the same thing Tuesday.  :king:

Offline Blackest

• Victimized
  • Sleepless Nights
« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2015, 03:50:57 AM »
So, any concert report for yesterday?

Offline Nibiru

• Catacomb Crawler
« Reply #64 on: June 27, 2015, 05:16:52 AM »
I've seen the King Diamond band at least 10 times. And I must say, last night in Chula Vista was one of the tightest and best KD shows I've seen! The band and King were on top of it and played a killer setlist. Definitely used their time wisely. Highlight for me personally... The 7th Day of July! Bad ass and unexpected! I have to say this tour is going to take the King Diamond band to a new level. They killed it tonight, and I'm sure they're only going to get bigger and better from here. And they absolutely deserve it! Such  a great and memorable experience! Hails to the King and the rest of the band! AMON belong to THEM!!

Offline wildchildelsner

• Voodoo Priest
« Reply #65 on: June 27, 2015, 06:30:07 AM »
The show in Chula Vista was amazing! As Nibiru stated the band was extremely tight, the best sounding band on the bill even. Andy and Mike were killing it with their solos and Pontus was having a blast up there. Matt sounded really good and kept everyone on time perfectly. King sounded superb, even better than when I saw him on Halloween! Livia sounded beautiful as well! My only complaint was the run time. Could have been longer. If they cut Devil Wears Prada out of the tour entirely to extend King's set, that would have made me happy, haha. Evil and Come to the Sabbath were nice to hear, and the pit was crazy for Welcome Home. As Nibiru mentioned, The 7th Day of July, 1777 was a welcome addition to the set. Some crazy shit happened during the show, some dude's knee got blown out, another guy broke both his arms, I nearly got knocked out in the pit and also nearly got my arm broken and my friend went to the hospital because his nose started to spontaneously gush blood near the end of King's set, and I only found out half way through Slayer! Crazy night but my crew is home safe and on the road to healing! Cheers to King and company for an awesome night!

"We are Grim Salvation, we play heavy metal and melt faces, now quit gawking and go mental!"

Offline CyniclBastrd

• Spirit
« Reply #66 on: June 27, 2015, 09:39:51 AM »
Anyone remember the set list for San Diego?

Offline Blackest

• Victimized
  • Sleepless Nights
« Reply #67 on: June 27, 2015, 12:28:50 PM »
Right, the set-list! Was that pretty close to the one of the last tour, or there have been more than one unexpected surprise?

Offline Chagosomar

• Angel Of Light
  • "Moonchild!!! Hear the mandrake scream!"
    • Deadly Fujow. A dark ambient project
« Reply #68 on: June 27, 2015, 01:50:17 PM »
The absolute worse parking lot I've ever seen.
THIS.

Offline U-94

• Up From The Grave
  • "Frankly, I had enjoyed the war."
« Reply #69 on: June 27, 2015, 01:52:23 PM »
Please post the setlist.

Offline wildchildelsner

• Voodoo Priest
« Reply #70 on: June 27, 2015, 05:59:06 PM »
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/king-diamond/2015/sleep-train-amphitheatre-chula-vista-ca-63c95a77.html
Pretty similar to the last NA tour with the addition of 7th day of July. Hearing Digging Graves entirely was really cool as they did a medley last time. Also hearing Black Horseman wa awesome, since they had to cut that out the last time I saw him. 11 songs for the time constraint they had was pretty damn good and King had the place going mental. For the crowd Mayhemfest normally draws, King had them in the palm of his hand. He literally stole the show from Slayer last night. Slayer seemed almost underwhelming compared to King, as people already know what to expect from Slayer. With the theatrics in King's set, he really sets a unique standard that can't be matched by any performer, I don't care who you are. It's always a treat to see King perform, and I look forward to seeing a younger set of fans enter the coven :king:

Offline Nibiru

• Catacomb Crawler
« Reply #71 on: June 27, 2015, 08:47:00 PM »
Yeah, the place kinda emptied out after King played. The setlist was pretty much the same as the last tour, minus the songs from Puppet Master and Give Me Your Soul. And no At the Graves, Cremation, or Halloween this time either. But they did add The 7th day of July. Which more than made up for it in my opinion! Fucking epic! And I thought they played the same medley as last time too. Tea/Digging Graves/Visit From The Dead. Which was also fucking killer. Was great to see the band on a big stage finally too. The venue and fans went absolutely nuts. Even people who weren't really KD fans before were saying how amazing it was. Wish I was there again tonight! Enjoy!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 08:48:54 PM by Nibiru »

Offline CyniclBastrd

• Spirit
« Reply #72 on: June 28, 2015, 01:09:11 AM »
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/king-diamond/2015/sleep-train-amphitheatre-chula-vista-ca-63c95a77.html

I thought i remembered hearing Abigail too. Could I have just imagined screaming my head off to "I am aliiiive inside your wiiife"?

Offline Blackest

• Victimized
  • Sleepless Nights
« Reply #73 on: June 28, 2015, 04:00:47 AM »
Thank you wildchildelsner and Nibiru!
Yeah, I've seen the video on Youtube and I have to say that King sang even better than the last tour!
Wow, Digging Graves played entirely! Did they play entirely Tea too? And on Youtube I've seen the A Visit From The Dead intro! Did they play just that or the whole song?
I thought i remembered hearing Abigail too. Could I have just imagined screaming my head off to "I am aliiiive inside your wiiife"?
Yeah, that set-list seems incomplete, I hope they played Abigail too! Can't wait to hear all the set on Youtube (Damn, my dreams are very poor! :icon_lol: But living in Italy I can do nothing else for now! Let's hope for a wide European tour supporting the upcoming album)! :icon_biggrin:
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 04:03:10 AM by Blackest »

Offline Nibiru

• Catacomb Crawler
« Reply #74 on: June 28, 2015, 09:08:37 AM »
No Abigail. And they didn't play Tea or Digging Graves in it's entirety. It was a medley with those two songs plus part of A Visit from the Dead. Same as the last tour. Fucking kick ass though! One of my favorite parts of the set!