Author Topic: King Diamond official tablature books  (Read 5064 times)

Offline Russ

• Holy Shrine
    • The Tab Crypt
King Diamond official tablature books
« on: May 06, 2015, 09:55:32 pm »
Wouldn't it be great to have official KD/MF tablature books?  Like this?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7229314/Never%20Ending%20Hill%20-%20Full%20Score.pdf

I'm not positive who owns the publishing rights but they're the only ones that can pull the trigger on this project.  I would have to believe they'd make a profit, especially using Kickstarter or a similar funding program.

I'm posting this here in the hopes that someone will see this and can redirect it to King himself as he may be the owner of the copyright. 

The accuracy will be top notch [even the version shown in the link above needs to be tweked, it's a proof of concept so-to-speak] and with King's input the book could be a great piece for any fan to own [I'm thinking of a foreword and maybe a paragraph or two about each song .... what he was thinking when the wrote it, any stories related to it, etc.]  Throw in live pictures or studio pictures ....  I think even non-guitarists may buy it.

*keeps fingers crossed*

Offline TwilightKing

• Administrator
Re: King Diamond official tablature books
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 07:36:03 am »
I'd definitely buy it. I haven't bought a tab book since I was 19 (over twenty years ago!) but this would something I'd be proud to own. With print on demand and ebooks, this could be a possibility. I hope it happens.  \m/

Offline Azalin

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Blood For Master
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 06:53:53 pm »
I'd buy one for sure, especially if you were the one to put it together. You do great work, Russ.  :cool:
Lady, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave the store....

- Ash, housewares

Offline KingOfTheRotten

• The King Of Diamonds
  • WHOA YAEE!!!
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2015, 02:25:46 am »
I would be all over such a book! I really do hope that you guys can make it happen!

Offline Russ

• Holy Shrine
    • The Tab Crypt
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2015, 08:17:00 am »
I hope it can happen too but that's where I need help :)   I can only speculate on why tab books weren't made in the past but I have to believe you'd make a profit selling them now, especially with adding bonuses.

You can print cheap here:

https://www.millcitypress.net/book-printing-costs

and Kickstart or whatever can be used to at least cover most of the funds if not all, especially with higher levels like $50 = signed book, etc.

I'd love to be involved with this but it all depends on whoever holds the rights.  So if anyone can help get this message to King himself, or someone that can send it to King, I'd really appreciate it.

Offline TwilightKing

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2015, 08:24:57 am »
Russ, I would contact Ole or Livia regarding this. Or even Metalblade. I don't know anything about the publishing rights, or legal things, so cannot speak on King, the band, or anyone's behalf. If you need to contact anyone, let me know and I can forward if need be.

Offline Russ

• Holy Shrine
    • The Tab Crypt
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2015, 10:16:37 am »
I tried sending a PM to Livia and Ole through this board, I don't know if they went through or not.  So if you know a better way to forward that would be great.

With KD the rights may be all over the place for the older albums.  I'm with you, it's a little cryptic and there's really no way to know unless you're involved like King.

Offline TwilightKing

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2015, 10:20:48 am »
I tried sending a PM to Livia and Ole through this board, I don't know if they went through or not.  So if you know a better way to forward that would be great.

With KD the rights may be all over the place for the older albums.  I'm with you, it's a little cryptic and there's really no way to know unless you're involved like King.
send me a PM, and I'll forward it. I cannot guarantee an answer, but I can help get this inquiry to the right place.

Offline Grace

• Lurker From The Dark
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2015, 09:46:27 am »
I was just going to post the link to the Abyss Lord Tab Crypt website ( http://www.abysslord.com/thetabcrypt/ )when I realized it was Russ who started the thread. Keep up the great work and I hope you can publish it! Your tabs are by far the most accurate out there.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"If thine eyes deceive thee, pluck them out"

Offline Azalin

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Blood For Master
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2015, 03:55:57 pm »
I was just going to post the link to the Abyss Lord Tab Crypt website ( http://www.abysslord.com/thetabcrypt/ )when I realized it was Russ who started the thread. Keep up the great work and I hope you can publish it! Your tabs are by far the most accurate out there.

Agreed 100%. The man does excellent work.
Lady, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave the store....

- Ash, housewares

Offline Russ

• Holy Shrine
    • The Tab Crypt
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2015, 07:57:48 am »
Just pointing out it was a team effort :)   Rami has helped a LOT over the past few years figuring out all the solos and writing them out so all I really have to do is figure out the fingerings and little things like that.  Then in the beginning it was Langus and Mika helping out too, not to mention the people who sent things in to help.

At this point I would just love to get a nice book published, if not for the whole catalog, at least some of them.  I think if King and/or Andy wrote a small foreword for each song and added live pictures or studio pictures it would really add to the value of the book so even non-guitar players would be interested.

We just need permission from King or whoever owns the publishing rights, or some motivation for them to do it and we'll do all the transcribing work. 
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 07:58:20 am by Russ »